Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress (55829 Views)

Akure Monarch Bans Eze Ndi Igbo Title-the Punch / Eze Ndi Igbo In Lagos Reacts To Oba Of Lagos Anti-igbo Comment / Eze Ndi Igbo Election 2012 - And the winner is ... (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 8:53am On Oct 19, 2012
abouzaid: Umunne m, oge erugo mgbe a ga eweputa onye igbo ga abụ modelator na akuku politics, ife mụ ji ekwu ya bụ na ndị ofe mmanụ na almajiri na enye anyị nsogbu ebe a. Dayokanu,bittend,ndụ_chucks were dịrị gawa

O bu maka gini abouzaid na kpo m Almajiri? abouzaid bu onye efulefu. dan tselewa

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ifyalways(f): 9:03am On Oct 19, 2012
Eze only truth,generally speaking, if anyone suddenly withdraws and starts pussyfeeting over what he or she once believed in, it could be for a lot of reasons. Valid reasons.

S/he felt disenfranchised and not listened to.

Unresolved clash of opinions which in turn leads to friction in the house. Once there are frictions, loss of interest follows.

We might not be good followers as you said but have we had a good leader?

Onye obula nwere ire ya guo eze ya önu maka n'anyi wetuo anya n'ala, anyi ga afu otu nmiri siri ba na opi ugbogulu.

N'obi m, o ga-adi nma ma anyi rapu ihe nile bere n'abali, gawa n'iru maka na nke-iru-ka.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 9:09am On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks:

O bu maka gini abouzaid na kpo m Almajiri? abouzaid bu onye efulefu. dan tselewa
tofi gida nka. Biri
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by MadCow1: 9:19am On Oct 19, 2012
PointB: EZE NDI IGBO ONLINE ELECTION 2012

THE ELECTION TRIBUNAL
SECTION A

1. The Election Tribunal shall be composed of three members
2. The Election Tribunal shall abide and uphold the election rules as set
3. Where necessary the Election Tribunal shall clarify the interpretation of the rule
4. The Electoral Tribunal shall deliberate on petition(s) brought by aggrieved members of the catchment community, where catchment refers to those eligible to vote or be voted for during the election.
5. The Election Tribunal shall facilitate the election, and prevent hindrance.

SECTION B

1. The Election Tribunal may not change the rules governing the election
2. Members of the Electoral Committee shall not qualify for election, their nomination shall be nullified
3. A simple majority rule of the Tribunal members shall suffice

SECTION C
1. The Electoral Tribunal shall comprise the following

a. afam4eva
b. 9ja_I__hail
c. Ujchief

Qualifications

A forumer shall be eligible to nominate 2
forumers only or be nominated if:

1. Such forumer is an identified Igbo poster

2. Such forumer has been a registered poster at least three months prior to the election (a waiver of nominations by 10 eligible forumers shall however suffice)

3. Such forumer has not directly or indirectly through his actions (posts) denigrate or caused the denigration of any or other Igbo group/sub group, state, cultural institutions or heroes.

4. Nominees must at the very least accept their nomination, which shall also count as a self nomination.

5. Two nominees to amass the highest nomination shall be polled alongside the incumbent in an online poll hosted in the forum, subject to the outcome of any or all petition against their candidacy.

Section B
Exceptions
1. Politics section Mods, and Seun are should be allowed to nominate provided such nominees do not contradict the provisions of Section A.

2. Well known friends and allies of Igbo may also be allowed to nominate subject to Section A, but may not receive nominations.

3. Forumers whose candidacy cause dissaffection, disunity, or massive outcry by the generality of Igbos may be advise to step aside or be disqualified.

@ Bolded & Colored..

Change them to read..

PointB is the lord and Master of this election & Okija_juju is not allowed to participate..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 9:26am On Oct 19, 2012
abouzaid: tofitafi gida nka.

onye ara ka obu. smiley

For those with short memories, refresh your recollection with the image below.

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks:

onye ara ka obu. smiley

onye ara ka i bụ. Google translator is not yet 100% efficient. so try harder next time.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 9:45am On Oct 19, 2012
^^^ olodo, google does not translate Igbo. a minor typo does not count. You are still an efulefu additionally onye ara ka ibu. Didn't even realize that you are an Albino (Afin). mumu
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Nobody: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2012
Nawa for these my brothers wey no dey carry person along º°˚
Ogini kwanu?
º°˚ bu ka anyi ga ebi?
Udo dirikwa unu eeh!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by abouzaid: 9:51am On Oct 19, 2012
@ ndu_chucks, i wont let u derail this thread dan iska. Thats my last response to u. Shege
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by tyson55(m): 10:14am On Oct 19, 2012
ekt_bear:

Wait a sec...i thought you are from the western side of southern nigeria

My parents are from both Igbo and Yoruba extract, and i've always stood for the cause of the "Ndi Igbo" both on Nl and wherever i found myself.

So i think i'm more than qualify to nominate my candidate of choice.

In anyway, PiontB as the electoral Chairman/organizer has a final say on this, if my nomination stand or not.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ujchief(m): 10:23am On Oct 19, 2012
@ndu_chuks and abouzaid, bring down ur voices, ka anyi were ofu obi.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2012
From my observations here in nairaland, i hereby nominate the following persons, with the reasons i choose them :1 DEDE se this guy because he has been one of the Igbo warriors who has matched force with force with ethnic and religious bigots of other envious tribes who come to cyber space to denigrate Ndi Igbo that is why we have seen about 3 or 4 known yoriba ethnic and religious bigots in earlier pages of this thread panicking and imploring Ndi Igbo not to nominate him. Just say anything against Ndi Igbo and he would appear from no where with his e-machine gun to attack you. he also not a supremacist. 2 One Naira, this is a proud Igbo guy from delta state which has done his best to dispel the misinfomation and enlighten some ignorant southeast Igbos who think they are more Igbo than the Igbos in delta state, he has through his various posts strenghten the bond between Igbos by resisting the attempt by some supremacist Igbos and ethnic begots who attempted to derail some threads depicting Igbos from different states in good light and telling the wonderful and fast growth and development happening in different part of Igboland. He has on several occassions resisted and attacked bigots who propagate the falsehood that the Igbos in delta are not Igbos coupled with the fact that he has displayed great leadership qualities and understands the Igbo tradition well. He is also not a supremacist and refused to be discouraged by the misinformed few who say sacastic things against Igbos in delta state who are Full Blooded Igbos with majority migrating from Awka, Nri, Njeze, Anam, oba and other Igbo towns.
@ Odeni Igbo Aroli, Nri Priest, ekelem gi mma, apology accepted, sorry if i was harsh in my first post it wasnt done to tarnish your image, you resistance to ethnic and religious bigots who attack Ndi Igbos speaks volume, u re a senior officer in the Igbo nairaland army. O ga diri anyi mma. Isee. SIGNED LORD NAYA, IGIRIGI NGOZI 1, ONYEOMA CHUKWU NYERU UGWU 1 N'ALAIGBO
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by LordNaya: 10:29am On Oct 19, 2012
In summary my choice are Dede and One Naira
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by ifyalways(f): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2012
Okija viewing. Lol

Nwanna kwuo okwu. I see you as a brother, okwa ima?kama kedu ka Onye na amaghi uzo be nna ya, omenani na nto ala(ancient landmarks) ga-esi abu eze ?

Ikpe a kwu oto ka . . . tongue
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 10:44am On Oct 19, 2012
OKIJA JUJU OPENS HIS EZE NDI IGBO 2012 CAMPAIGN OFFICE...

Umu Igbo Kwenu!! Muo nu!! Zuo Nu!!! Kwezu enu o!!!!

It is with great pleasure that I announce the re-opening of my Campaign office for the Second Eze Ndi Igbo election 2012. I want to congratulate the present Eze Ndi Igbo 'Eze Onlytruth', it wasn’t an easy ride, but you did well nonetheless. As at last year, I couldnt possibly have delivered half of what you delivered during your tenure. May your efforts towards the unification and progress of the Igbo people never go unrewarded.. I pray you do leave an open for for consultations by your successors and Ndi Igbos in general.

I want to thank all my numerous supporters who have stood by and peacefully supported the current administration of Onlytruth, despite the mass fraud, irregularities and wide spread corruption that plagued the elections which brought him into office. I want to also thank the returning officers of my campaign team from the last elections who literally started the preparations from last year. I want to thank all the Nne Mamas in the house who kept begging me to contest again this year. I just want to say I have heard your cries and thus harkened.. Chukwu Nna bi ne n'igwe gozie unu ri'nne. By his grace, we shall succeed this time around.

Ichie PointB. Anam ekene kwa. Afum na ibu zi lifetime electoral chairman. I wonder when your tenure would end. I would have expected that a more credible Igbo man like maybe AFAM4EVER would have been chosen this time around as the electoral chairman, seeing as your last elections were anything but free and fair. Anyways, I pray that you are now a changed man who would put integrity before personal gains.

My attention has been called to the rules governing this year’s election.

- A notable clause has been added to the rules that my campaign office finds very partial and out of place. I will call your attention to article 3 of the attached section beneath;

Eze Ndi Igbo Election Guidelines:
Nominations Guidelines
Section A
Qualifications

A forumer shall be eligible to nominate 2
forumers only or be nominated if:

1. Such forumer is an identified Igbo poster

2. Such forumer has been a registered poster at least three months prior to the election (a waiver of nominations by 10 eligible forumers shall however suffice)

3. Such forumer has not directly or indirectly through his actions (posts) denigrate or caused the denigration of any or other Igbo group/sub group, state, cultural institutions or heroes.

My office feels that this draconian law is targetted at my person with the intent to disqualify me. Such a rule is very subjective and leaves alot of room for you to again disqualify me. Its not a hidden fact my stance on certain characters polularly touted as heroes in various Igbo gatherings. However, I dont think that holding a contrary opinion to populer concensus should be grounds for disqualifying a candidate.

- Another rather disturbing law found in this new set of guidelines is;

Eze Ndi Igbo Election by laws:

Section B
Exceptions
1. Politics section Mods, and Seun are should be allowed to nominate provided such nominees do not contradict the provisions of Section A.

2. Well known friends and allies of Igbo may also be allowed to nominate subject to Section A, but may not receive nominations.

3. Forumers whose candidacy cause dissaffection, disunity, or massive outcry by the generality of Igbos may be advise to step aside or be disqualified.

The highlighted law is also very disturbing and strange. This is the same pretext that was used during the last election to disqualify me. Meanwhile another candidate who got similar opposition to his candidature was allowed to contest. Now I suggest you re-visit this rule. A nominated candidate once his nominatuion is verified and the candidate accepts can only be disqualified by either a criminal record, death or on health grounds. If anybody is dissatisfied with a candidate, he or she reserves he right not to vote for that candidate. I want to believe that it is the fundamental human right of every IGBO son and daughter to vote and be voted for without being discriminated aginst for either his opinions, stance, tribe, clan or even birth status (OSU).

- Also, I have noticed that the functions of the electoral tribunal is no different from that of the electoral officers. Last time I checked, election tribunals are not meant to facilitate an election but rather to abitriate on disputes and matters that may arise from the elections like cases of rigging and misappropiation and mis interpretation of office and rules by the electoral body. The Tribunal should only come in after the elections not before. I suggest that this be clarified and set right before the election begins.

Please look into these complaints with the intention to review and amend them as necessary.

ONCE More, I greet you all. I Ichie Alusi Okija.. The Ogbuefi Nna Nyelu Ugo 1 of Amichi, Agu na eri Agu 1 of Nri and Mouthpiece of the gods, welcomes you all to this years election...

May the gods guide our ways and may the best man win.
[/b]

Ichie Okija..
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 10:49am On Oct 19, 2012
ifyalways: Okija viewing. Lol

Nwanna kwuo okwu. I see you as a brother, okwa ima?kama kedu ka Onye na amaghi uzo be nna ya, omenani na nto ala(ancient landmarks) ga-esi abu eze ?

Ikpe a kwu oto ka . . . tongue

Nne Oma.. grin

Ekenem gi o!! Nwannem Nwayi ka ibu kwa. Anum ife ikwu maka ome nani, mana a mu ta go'm kita. Adim ready this year. Election a ga di hottter than nke mbu.

Just we' tuo obi fu ife ga eme na election a'.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Afam4eva(m): 10:56am On Oct 19, 2012
@Okija_juju
Welcome back. Where have you been all this while?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Okijajuju1(m): 11:04am On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva: @Okija_juju
Welcome back. Where have you been all this while?

NAIRALAND PRISONS... FACING A BAN for posting 'what it means to be a Yoruba man'!!

Got Paroled early for good behavior... grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by slimghost(m): 11:07am On Oct 19, 2012
Hey! i nominated Eziachi and Andre Uweh but my nomination has not reflected on that list. why? angry
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Ejine(m): 1:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

NAIRALAND PRISONS... FACING A BAN for posting 'what it means to be a Yoruba man'!!

Please Ndi Umunna, with Okija Juju being a Nairaland ex-con, he is ineligible to contest for this post, as aka Eze Ndigbo niile kwesiri idi ocha mgbe obula.
Ex-cons are only allowed to lead in you-know-where wink

No oofeinse! grin
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by 9jaIhail(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2012
Okija_juju:

Okija juju, welcome on board.

People keep the nomination coming.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Dumdum217(m): 1:19pm On Oct 19, 2012
Anam ahoputa Dede1 ya na Okija juju
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 1:32pm On Oct 19, 2012
Is it true that PointB is afraid to throw his hat in the ring because he fears the defeat he faces at the hands of other contestants? PointB is either afraid of losing the election or dodging responsibilities and the opportunity to serve Igbos on NL. Enough people have nominated you, stop being a coward and contest. embarassed
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Policewoman(f): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
ndu_chucks:

Ok o, as you wish. I'm sure Eze Onlytruth will not welcome my support as paranoia will make him believe that its a kiss of death. smiley Just remember that uzo di mma agakwa ya ugboro abuo.
Nduchuks are you for or against oganiru ndigbo? If not, please vamoose!!!!
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by rafindo(m): 1:35pm On Oct 19, 2012
okija juju i thank you for pointing out some clause meant to disqualify some set of people cald suprema .my point is that they are afraid of u.cyber g,dayokanu,eko ile are usin them to curtail u.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by nduchucks: 1:40pm On Oct 19, 2012
Policewoman: Nduchuks are you for or against oganiru ndigbo? If not, please vamoose!!!!

Policewoman, ogini ne me gi? I would have taking prompt action against you for this post of yours. Next time you attack me, you risk being sent a kiss, only because I no sabi how to fight babes. embarassed
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Policewoman(f): 1:49pm On Oct 19, 2012
I hereby nominate DEDE because he has been a bufallo soldier fighting for the Igbo cause. Hope i'm qualified cos i'm a Rivers state Igbo. Anyi kwesiri ihoputa onye ga na ewlite onodu ndigbo na ogbako a. Daalunu rinne.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Charlesnerd: 1:53pm On Oct 19, 2012
For the purpose of fairness,I suggest okija juju be allowed to stand for the election.Let the voters decide his fate.Like I said earlier,the rules are subjective and rests so much powers on a few persons who can arbitrarily decide the fate of the majority by interpreting the rules the way they deem fit.For the next election,am inclined to suggest a review of the electoral guidelines, where everyone would put forward his/her input, to forestall cases like this where some people like Okija would feel hard done by if they are eventually disqualified.

Also,for those suggesting that PointB should step down and contest,please dont be clannish, but more inclusive and circumspect.Without prejudice to PointB,he is eminently qualified like every other person and I would nominate him if he wasn't part of the electoral team,but he has started a process and should be allowed to complete it;the goalpost shouldn't be shifted midway into the match.The electoral guidelines is silent on issue like this but common sense should dictate to everyone that its not a good step to take.

In the event that my sugestions are overruled and PointB is allowed to contest,then I humbly request that

A) Okija Juju should also be allowed to stand for election

B) We also modify the rules to allow for the Lolo contest to hold alongside that of the Eze.

I make the following plea with the belief that if the rules are so subjective and amenable to change,then it should also be inclusive and accommodating,irrespective of ones ideological inclination and gender.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Afam4eva(m): 1:56pm On Oct 19, 2012
Policewoman: I hereby nominate DEDE because he has been a bufallo soldier fighting for the Igbo cause. Hope i'm qualified cos i'm a Rivers state Igbo. Anyi kwesiri ihoputa onye ga na ewlite onodu ndigbo na ogbako a. Daalunu rinne.
What part of Rivers state are you from?
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Policewoman(f): 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
afam4eva:
What part of Rivers state are you from?
Oyigbo.
Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by PointB: 2:05pm On Oct 19, 2012
First, let me comment on Eze OnlyTruth's submission about the attitude of some council members, and his subsequent call upon me to resign and pick up the Ezeship nomination gauntlet.

Indeed, there were one, two, or more council members who for various reason did not live up to their billing. Whether it is an act of dissent, genuine lack of time, loss of interest, or feeling of redundancy, I wouldn't know. But what I do know is that leadership is a great responsibility and it is always easier if you have people that you can rely on, in thick and thin - agreement or disagreement. People you can always count on to be there when you need them, even though they might not agree with you always. Exception can be made for those who complained of tight schedules, out of coverage - these ones clearly made impact in the council while they were around, and the fact that you hardly see their comments on Nairaland suggests too they may have a point in their excuses. But for those who went AWOL, I believe they can at least offer Umu Igbo explanation for their action. I won't dwell further on this for now.

Secondly, the call by Eze Onlytruth that I resign and contest for Ezeship is indeed borne out of genuine concern for continuity, and perhaps what is good for Umu Igbo. I quite understand the intent and purpose, and I also feel humbled by other glowing tributes the Eze made on my person. Even though I feel there are some element of hyperbole in it. I thank him nonetheless.

But I am afraid, my responsibility at this point in time in ensuring we bequeath a lasting electoral guideline, which weeds out charlatans and ensures that only fit and proper Igbos gets close to the Ezeship, is one I take seriously. I do not arrogate upon myself the only one fit to do justice to that role, but I believe I should see this process through at this stage. If however, we fail to get top nominees to accept their nominations. I shall extend the nomination period, and stand down from the position of Electoral Commissioner, and pick up the gauntlet. That is the very least I can promise. I am very hesitant of changing the rule in the middle of the game.

In anycase, anyone interested in taking up the electoral commissioner job in that circumstance, or next year should indicate his/her interest so that the Council can make a quick decision.

Generally, I believe only those who show passionate interest in anything Igbo should be considered in both the Electoral members position and the Ezeship. Half-heartedness will take us no where.

Here I stand!

PointB
Electoral Commissioner.

1 Like

Re: Eze Ndi Igbo Online Election 2012 - Nomination in progress by Afam4eva(m): 2:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
Policewoman: Oyigbo.
ohh ok.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (56) (Reply)

Governor Aregbesola And Oyetola Celebrate On The Streets After Election / Current Price Of Items In Buhari's Administration (pic) / Stolen Logo: “APC Is Frustrated” - APDA Youths

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.