Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,181 members, 7,953,649 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 09:48 PM

Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 (1409 Views)

Anambra Deputy Governor Live Debate Result Sheet. APC Candidate Leading / Live Debate On Fuel Subsidy Removal On Channels Tv At 8pm / Presidential Live Debate Live In Europe via BENTV UK (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:05am On Oct 17, 2012
I cant seem to find the old thread on the US second presidential debate. Mods, pls bring it up to the front page, else lets discuss it here
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:12am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama seems to be right on his toes this time, quite aggressively making his points
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Roomney leaves using his 2 minutes for answering his questions to using it to ask Obama questions and Obama is using the time to score more points
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:28am On Oct 17, 2012
Romney "High end earners to pay 60% of the taxes, middle class' savings will not be taxed at all.....hmmm
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 2:32am On Oct 17, 2012
Honestly, depends on which Mitt Romney occupies the Oval Office, should he win. Will it be Mitt the Moderate? Or Mitt the severe conservative? Or, Mitt the technocrat?

Romney seem to attack Obamas record. He should state his economic plans in details ojare.

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:36am On Oct 17, 2012
Hmm..plenty emotional blackmail and balloon bursting here....key debate gambit factor. Too bad if the carpet is pulled off under someones feet for not being consistent with his previous statements or political philosophies practiced
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:40am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003: Honestly, depends on which Mitt Romney occupies the Oval Office, should he win. Will it be Mitt the Moderate? Or Mitt the severe conservative? Or, Mitt the technocrat?

Romney seem to attack Obamas record. He should state his economic plans in details ojare.

Frawzey
Same thing I've been saying. Is it because Obama is the president that he is always under fire for his performance? Cant people also bring Romney on the hot sit by trying him on his performances and policies as a governor so far?
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 2:42am On Oct 17, 2012
Pretty sure Romney said "energy independence in 5 years" tonight vs 4 years in first debate - did I hear right? Did he misspeak?

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:46am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003: Pretty sure Romney said "energy independence in 5 years" tonight vs 4 years in first debate - did I hear right? Did he misspeak?

Frawzey
Wait for the reviews by both CNN and Aljazera right after the debate, they leave no stone unturned in spotting all the goofs
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 2:47am On Oct 17, 2012
Biggoozz: Same thing I've been saying. Is it because Obama is the president that he is always under fire for his performance? Cant people also bring Romney on the hot sit by trying him on his performances and policies as a governor so far?

You know what?

The first debate was the first time Obama would defend his record. He had enjoyed a smooth ride. His record was attacked big time on the first.

This time, Obama wants to bring home his points. He wants Romney to explain how he wants to do the economic magic.

And so far, so good.

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 2:54am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003:

You know what?

The first debate was the first time Obama would defend his record. He had enjoyed a smooth ride. His record was attacked big time on the first.

This time, Obama wants to bring home his points. He wants Romney to explain how he wants to do his economic magic.

And so far, so good.

Frawzey

Right! In the reviews of the 1st debate, that was Romney's greatest weak score. He seems to lack strategy and impractical with his manifestos. I suppose that is why Obama is taking the advantage of hitting him hard this time to prove how he can deliver.
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 2:54am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama recites the promises he's kept: cut taxes for all; ended two wars; got Osama bin laden; passed health reform; reined in Wall Street; created 5 million new jobs; saved auto industry. Hmmm, pretty decent list of promises kept.

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 2:56am On Oct 17, 2012
Biggoozz: Right! In the reviews of the 1st debate, that was Romney's greatest weak score. He seems to lack strategy and impractical with his manifestos. I suppose that is why Obama is taking the advantage of hitting him hard this time to prove how he can deliver.

Exactly. Too much figures. Gimme points ojare

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 3:04am On Oct 17, 2012
Romney just said again that he would provide a path for young illegals. His campaign says otherwise. Romney flunks.

Wait, seems I'm rooting for Barry. undecided

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 3:09am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003: Romney just said again that he would provide a path for young illegals. His campaign says otherwise. Romney flunks.

Wait, seems I'm rooting for Barry. undecided

Frawzey
Better for one not to shoot himself on the let trying to win peoples loud ovation grin
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 3:14am On Oct 17, 2012
Romney says Obama's pension is partly invested in Cayman Island trusts. How true?

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 3:19am On Oct 17, 2012
Romney just castrated himself attacking Obama without facts shocked shocked shocked. Even the moderator had to correct him, he looked like a drowning man after the correction. Why is he getting petty?
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 3:20am On Oct 17, 2012
Hehe! Obama simply asked him to go get the scripts of his speech on the Bengazi terror attack which he was attacking
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 3:26am On Oct 17, 2012
Biggoozz: Hehe! Obama simply asked him to go get the scripts of his speech on the Bengazi terror attack which he was attacking

grin grin Never seen Barry as angry as this.

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 3:36am On Oct 17, 2012
Ah! Romney says he will label China as currency manipulator, if elecled.

When Romney speaks ill of China, I wonder how Chinese-Americans feel.

Even Jim Rogers overflogged this China thingy.

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 3:40am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama takes back the win today smiley
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Biggoozz: 3:42am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003: Ah! Romney says he will label China as currency manipulator, if elecled.

When Romney speaks ill of China, I wonder how Chinese-Americans feel.

Even Jim Rogers overflogged this China thingy.

Frawzey
The guy isnt very diplomatic, he got himself stuttering and at edge getting petty grin
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ayox2003: 3:48am On Oct 17, 2012
How I wish we could have sucha debate in Nigeria! Unlike the one that our President didnt show-up. ha ha.

Seems Barry won this time bringing the 47% statement in his closing remarks. Lets see what the polls say.

Gotta hit the sack!

Frawzey
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by candieangel12(f): 4:11am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama won this debate hands down! Romney is very disrespectful, always trying to talk over Obama and the moderator. Romney is a pathological liar, he doesn't care about us middle classers. What is the difference between Romney and Bush? Nothing! If Romney wins then our country will go back downhill the way it did when Bush ruled. Romney doesn't care about our foreign relationships, he doesn't care about the students, and he sure as hell doesn't care about women. Obama on the other hand has his flaws, but he gives us minorities hope for a better America. People that complain saying Obama hasn't done anything since his 4 year tenure need to shut up. Obama had many great plans but all those damn Replublican cabinet members wouldn't let him pass anything. Our political system is so darn skewed. Obama is the better candidate. And it's safe to say that Obama ate his akpu and egwusi soup this night before the debate lol, that's why he did better tonight than he did 2 weeks ago. grin

I been undecisive on who has my vote but this debate has confirmed that Obama is surely getting my vote in 3 weeks time. Voted for him 4yrs ago and now im voting for him again. #Team ObamaBiden
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by CyberG: 4:17am On Oct 17, 2012
Obama did MUCH better this time around by pointing out FACTS about Romney. I find it quite annoying that potential voters even bought the lies Romney told in the first debate. Today, Obama actually pointed out some of the disgusting LIES. How can someone making 20 M pay less taxes than someone making 50 K? How can Romney talk about creating jobs when as a matter of fact after his first term as governor of Massachusetts, he didn't even bother fighting for re-election as his record on jobs, economy was woeful. How about Bain's capital? It's sad people refuse to read facts and only wait for some desperate presidential candidate to feed them lies just to get their votes.
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by manny4life(m): 4:23am On Oct 17, 2012
When I said it two weeks ago that his first performance was on purpose, it looked like Obama was weak, this was TOTAL KNOCKOUT. grin grin grin grin

ayox2003: Obama recites the promises he's kept: cut taxes for all; ended two wars; got Osama bin laden; passed health reform; reined in Wall Street; created 5 million new jobs; saved auto industry. Hmmm, pretty decent list of promises kept.

Frawzey

Very decent list my brother. The third debate will be (no comment).
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by manny4life(m): 4:27am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003: How I wish we could have sucha debate in Nigeria! Unlike the one that our President didnt show-up. ha ha.

Seems Barry won this time bringing the 47% statement in his closing remarks. Lets see what the polls say.

Gotta hit the sack!

Frawzey

That 47% statement, was the final punchline that was dealt on Romney. Romney did not know what hit him this evening, he looked disturbed, more so, like Obama got under his skin. Romney even had to extend his gaffe from his campaign trail onto the debate floor, even to be corrected by Ms Candy. DAMN... Looks like the table turned.
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by manny4life(m): 4:32am On Oct 17, 2012
ayox2003:

Exactly. Too much figures. Gimme points ojare

Frawzey

Reading an after commentary and interviews, it was stated that the 12million jobs that Romney is claiming is because of the current policies in place, so regardless of who's president, 12million jobs will be added over 4years. See how Romney is trying to take credit from Obama. In fact, economist stated that showing historical records, it took about 10years for the economy to regain strength, for unemployment to be under 8% (very well reduced), Obama's policies proved better in long run.
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by Siga: 4:32am On Oct 17, 2012
I believe these white Americans are racist for backing this lying, flip-flopping bastard.....he changes his stands faster than a chameleon....he will say just about anything to get elected.... angry
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by ektbear: 4:38am On Oct 17, 2012
I missed the debate. Looks like Obeezy did well?

And evidently bindersfullofwomen is trending on twitter or something lol
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by candieangel12(f): 4:42am On Oct 17, 2012
ekt_bear: I missed the debate. Looks like Obeezy did well?

Lol yep #bindersfullofwomen was said by that pathological liar Romney
Re: Lets Discuss Obama And Romney Presidential Live Debate 2 by manny4life(m): 4:43am On Oct 17, 2012
ekt_bear: I missed the debate. Looks like Obeezy did well?

He did... you can watch the feeds later, he really did well. Even some Republican Columnist are giving it to him.

A senior director @ Twitter was interviewed and yes #bindersfullofwomen is trending all over Twitter....lol cheesy cheesy cheesy

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shocking !!! We Lost Bakassi Peninsula To Obasanjo;s Nervousness By Donald Duke / Judiciary No Longer Last Hope Of The Common Man –falana / 35 Senators Have No Bills In Two Years To Show For Over N13b In Earnings

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.