Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,118 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:32 PM

Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians (1453 Views)

The Hypocrisy In Ben Bruce’s Common Sense Revolution / Aluu4 Trial Stalls Due To Prison Officials Failure To Produce Suspects / Ths Is The Aluu4 Debtor: Coxson Lelebori Lucky, Alias ‘bright’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nuzo1(m): 9:27am On Oct 17, 2012
I wish to use this opportunity to condemn for the umpteenth time the lynching of the four Uniport students in Aluu community of Rivers state. I don't feel they deserved the way and manner they were killed irrespective of their alleged crimes.

I also want to used this opportunity to commend Nlanders and Nigerians who have spoken out, peacefully protested online and on ground. Seems their efforts are about to bring the killers to justice. Kudos!

Sadly though, majority of these Nigerian who have protested against this unjust killings have shown that their sympathy was sentimentally driven, hence hypocritical.

Unfortunately, most Nigerians have always celebrated jungle justice on alleged criminals from our history. Most recent was the lynching of alleged kidnappers in Abuja about 2 months ago. Most Nigerians who are condemning the killers of Aluu4 were the same people jubilating when the 3 alleged kidnappers were thrown down from a bridge in Abuja.
Some of the comments from Nigerians then was "they must be kidnappers cos they look so hungry and ugly".

The question now is, why did Nigerians feel it was ok to jubilate over the Abuja 3 but turned around to protest over Aluu4?

1. Was it because the Abuja 3 was seen to be ugly boys while those of Aluu4 were handsome?
2. Was it because the Abuja3 couldn't afford go to school hence illiterate, while the Aluu4 were students?
3. Was it because the Abuja3 were children of the poor while Aluu4 has well to do parents?

Why didn't the police make any arrest in the case of Abuja3? What's the different between their killers and that of the Aluu4?

Shymexx has recently been demonized for challenging us to ask questions nobody wants to ask. Some Nigerians called him names for thinking he was in support of the Aluu killers. After reading through his comments on Aluu4, I didn't notice anywhere he supported the killings but instead boldly told us to stop being hypocrites.

Nigerians need to begin to ask questions and more so speak up against injustice without bias and sentiments.

May the souls of lynched ALLEGED Nigerian criminals rest in peace!

6 Likes

Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 17, 2012
True talk! I am very much with you on this.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by saintneo(m): 9:57am On Oct 17, 2012
@Nuzo' you provided the answers.
1. Was it because the Abuja 3 was seen to be ugly boys while those of Aluu4 were handsome? Yes, girls were interested in the case.
2. Was it because the Abuja3 couldn't afford go to school hence illiterate, while the Aluu4 were students? Yes, students are more valued than non-students
3. Was it because the Abuja3 were children of the poor while Aluu4 has well to do parents? Yes, they are reach and only poor people should be eliminated.

I am against any form of Jungle Justice. It should not be served any living thing.
Nuzo, this topic is very good. It is time we really take on the jungle justice from all angles.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Bawss1(m): 9:59am On Oct 17, 2012
The Abuja killings did not go viral at all. But of course a great deal of the Aluu outcry is driven by unfair sentiments. The boys are even described as martyrs by some people but chances are that if they saw the Abuja kidnappers their cries wouldn't be so spirited.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Callotti: 10:04am On Oct 17, 2012
Still on the 'stewwwpidity' of Christian almajiris from Nigeria.
Mu che che che che che che

Abeg. . . .I don wanno choke on my Oporoko this morrin. . .
My vacation nefa finish.
I still get to go South-Africa and Australia. . .
I don wanno die in Nigeria with LAFTA!!!! cheesy

Disu NL nor go let me wash toto this morrrring. . . .haba!
Una tooo musssssssssssssssh!
Biko. . . kam je ga sa cha IKPU!!!! grin
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 10:08am On Oct 17, 2012
With the public outcry that trailed the killing of Cynthia and the Lynching of the Aluu4, a visitor in Nigeria will think this kind of even has never happened before and it's rare. But on the contrary, the lynching of supposed thieves is common-place in Nigeria and it happens every other day. What makes some more pronounced than other was captured perfectly by NUZO. I think we need to start demanding justice irrespective of the status of the victim.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nuzo1(m): 10:11am On Oct 17, 2012
Bawss1: The Abuja killings did not go viral at all.

It didn't go viral cos;
1. Most Nigerians supported it.
2. Why go further on a case you felt you won already.
3. And maybe cos the three reasons I gave earlier.

saintneo:
I am against any form of Jungle Justice. It should not be served any living thing.
Nuzo, this topic is very good. It is time we really take on the jungle justice from all angles.

I can assure you that some Nigerians who protested against the killing of Aluu four will jubilate as soon as a helpless ugly fellow is lynched for an alleged crime.
Am not being pessimistic, hypocrisy rules here.

1 Like

Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2012
First you said we should condemn jungle justice which I agree with you,secondly you said that the nigerians supports jungle justice because there was no outcry on Abuja3.

Lemme make it clear to you that what caused a public out cry about ALUU 4 was because it was recorded and the video circulated in a twinkle of an eye.people who saw the video were moved by emotions to condemn the act.if the killings were only seen on pictures,people wouldn't react the way they are doing.
I don't even know much about the Abuja 3 not even the full story of what happened.
FYI information.Shymexx and his cohorts didn't only condemn jungle justice,they went as far as calling the boys thieves and cultist even when the police and media have given us the true story that they weren't both.some of them even supported the killings! Whether the boys were handsome or their parents are wealthy,its none of my business.Justice must prevail.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 17, 2012
berem: First you said we should condemn jungle justice which I agree with you,secondly you said that the nigerians supports jungle justice because there was no outcry on Abuja3.

Lemme make it clear to you that what caused a public out cry about ALUU 4 was because it was recorded and the video circulated in a twinkle of an eye.people who saw the video were moved by emotions to condemn the act.if the killings were only seen on pictures,people wouldn't react the way they are doing.
I don't even know much about the Abuja 3 not even the full story of what happened.
FYI information.Shymexx and his cohorts didn't only condemn jungle justice,they went as far as calling the boys thieves and cultist even when the police and media have given us the true story that they weren't both.some of them even supported the killings! Whether the boys were handsome or their parents are wealthy,its none of my business.Justice must prevail.
+1000 likes...nuff said.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2012
berem: First you said we should condemn jungle justice which I agree with you,secondly you said that the nigerians supports jungle justice because there was no outcry on Abuja3.

I disagree that it was because the video was circulated that the public outcry was pronounced. It was already trending even before people got to see the video. Even till now, some people have not seen the video and have refused to do so, but that did not in any way wane their outcry for justice...If i even agree that it was because of the video, then what will you say about Cynthia's own case. Did we see the videos of her gruesome murder? But that didn't stop her story from trending. All in all, the status of the victims will also be the determining factor on whether or not the story will trend.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 11:41am On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva: With the public outcry that trailed the killing of Cynthia and the Lynching of the Aluu4, a[b] visitor in Nigeria will think this kind of even has never happened before and it's rare. But on the contrary, the lynching of supposed thieves is common-place in Nigeria and it happens every other day[/b]. What makes some more pronounced than other was captured perfectly by NUZO. I think we need to start demanding justice irrespective of the status of the victim.

The bolded had me laughing my ar.se off.. Hypocrisy and barbarism = Nigerian society....

There has been public outcry because these two sad incidents are all over the internet and trust Nigerians to get mad when everyone around the world gets mad... Most Nigerians act like programmed dolts - they only act when others act and they don't really have a mind of their own...

The Nigerian mentality is fvcked up - thank God I don't have that skewed mentality... undecided

1 Like

Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva:
I disagree that it was because the video was circulated that the public outcry was pronounced. It was already trending even before people got to see the video. Even till now, some people have not seen the video and have refused to do so, but that did not in any way wane their outcry for justice...If i even agree that it was because of the video, then what will you say about Cynthia's own case. Did we see the videos of her gruesome murder? But that didn't stop her story from trending. All in all, the status of the victims will also be the determining factor on whether or not the story will trend.
how is Cynthia's case the same as the Aluu4? we are talking of 4people murdered here! Some people didn't really pity cynthia because they felt she would have prevented her death! She trusted people who she hasn't seen before and they killed her.am not saying she deserved her death but many people will disagree with me that she deserved it.ALUU4 is very different from cynthia's case because the video whether it was trending or not,brought out the anger of the people.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Afam4eva(m): 12:24pm On Oct 17, 2012
berem: how is Cynthia's case the same as the Aluu4? we are talking of 4people murdered here! Some people didn't really pity cynthia because they felt she would have prevented her death! She trusted people who she hasn't seen before and they killed her.am not saying she deserved her death but many people will disagree with me that she deserved it.ALUU4 is very different from cynthia's case because the video whether it was trending or not,brought out the anger of the people.
I used Cynthia's case to relate to Aluu4 as a juxtaposition that draws a similarity between them as it pertains to their popularity...I still think the video had nothing to do with it.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 12:56pm On Oct 17, 2012
afam4eva:
I used Cynthia's case to relate to Aluu4 as a juxtaposition that draws a similarity between them as it pertains to their popularity...I still think the video had nothing to do with it.
if the video had nothing to do with it,then I think you should conduct a survey and ask people why they reacted bitterly to the murder!
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 2:52pm On Oct 17, 2012
This case is getting much steam because the parents are trying to do something about it as per Nigeria is concerned, not because of 'internet fury'. Internet fury or not, the Nigeria I know is PREPARED TO SWEEP THIS UNDER THE CARPETS and continue on their thieving schemes. Abuja3 relatives like all poor Nigerians who have refused to know their rights, AND refused to see themselves as humanbeings, would likely not pursue this case with the same ferocity as the Aluu.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nuzo1(m): 3:28pm On Oct 17, 2012

You are so funny by saying you want to make clear a case you don't even know anything about. I mean, you may be typing from Iceland for all we know.
You are misinformed about the Abuja3 not being captured in pictures.
Search Nairaland wella to see the videos, pictures and the jubilation from the same people condemning the killers of Aluu4.

stillwater: This case is getting much steam because the parents are trying to do something about it as per Nigeria is concerned, not because of 'internet fury'. Internet fury or not, the Nigeria I know is PREPARED TO SWEEP THIS UNDER THE CARPETS and continue on their thieving schemes. Abuja3 relatives like all poor Nigerians who have refused to know their rights, AND refused to see themselves as humanbeings, would likely not pursue this case with the same ferocity as the Aluu.

"The parents are trying to do something about it as per Nigeria". How? Care to explain what you think the parents did to have gotten this case this far?

And what makes you feel the relatives of Abuja3 have not done as much the parents of Aluu4 may have done to no avail?
Please, take time to do your researches devoid of bias and sentiments.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by AlekWek(f): 3:57pm On Oct 17, 2012
http://www.mimmysays.com/2012/10/09/the-portharcourt-4-and-nigerias-mob-violent-history/[color=#770077][/color]
Exactly what I saw on this blog with the link above. Terrible hypocrisy amongst Nigerians...terrible. cry cry
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 4:11pm On Oct 17, 2012
Nuzo':

"The parents are trying to do something about it as per Nigeria". How? Care to explain what you think the parents did to have gotten this case this far?

And what makes you feel the relatives of Abuja3 have not done as much the parents of Aluu4 may have done to no avail?
Please, take time to do your researches devoid of bias and sentiments.

I am not biased and sentimental, instead I have actually lost every iota of empathy for the so-called Nigerian masses. Case in point would be the ABSU rape incident where the victim REFUSED to pursue the case despite the internet fury. What human dignity she's still preserving is beyond every iota of my reasoning. There are many instances like this. Therefore, judging from 'exemplary' actions exhibited by Nigerian masses year in year out, I can say that families of Abuja3 would not have pursued their case. Or do you have any recordings to show that the families of the Abuja3 did anything about it? Prove me wrong and shut me up.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nobody: 5:48pm On Oct 17, 2012
If any of those arrested so far for the
Alu killings are brought out to the public, those who are condemning the jungle justice meted on the Alu4, will line up to lynch them.

Our society is still very very primitive.

It is a shame.
Re: Aluu4 Vs Abuja3: The Hypocrisy In Nigerians by Nuzo1(m): 6:12pm On Oct 17, 2012
stillwater:

I am not biased and sentimental, instead I have actually lost every iota of empathy for the so-called Nigerian masses. Case in point would be the ABSU rape incident where the victim REFUSED to pursue the case despite the internet fury. What human dignity she's still preserving is beyond every iota of my reasoning. There are many instances like this. Therefore, judging from 'exemplary' actions exhibited by Nigerian masses year in year out, I can say that families of Abuja3 would not have pursued their case. Or do you have any recordings to show that the families of the Abuja3 did anything about it? Prove me wrong and shut me up.

Prove you wrong and shut you up? Naah...am really not in any way interested in shutting you up. Am just interested in exposing the hypocrisy in Nigerians of which its okay to keep denying.

As for the ABSU rape case, I sure do understand your perception about some Nigerians not pursuing a case in court to a logical conclusion. However, you will agree with me that such apathy is prevalent in rape cases....not lynching cases like the Abuja3 and Aluu4.

The Abuja3's relative did try to pursue the case, but the hypocritical Nigerian public, the media and to an extent the police who the relatives could have used to get the killers were apparently in support of the killings. So, how else would the poor illiterate relatives pursued the case when Nigeria informally accused and executed them with loads of commendation from the public.

Nigerians take up other peoples' cases based on sentiment which is fueled by beauty, wealth, ethnic group, religious affiliations and societal status.

Unfortunately, another lynching will soon take place and Nigerians will troop out to celebrate it or protest it based on the above factors and the ones I mentioned in my first post.

Your lynching will be protested if you are good looking while jublilation will be all over the place should "god" create you to be "ugly". shocked

Dafuq?

(1) (Reply)

Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi / Who Noticed This About Our President(gej) Last Night? The Fear Of Ebola / When Are We Going To Have A Female Vice President/president In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.