Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,323 members, 7,819,103 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? (1452 Views)

Reasons Why "My Oga At The Top" Jokes Must Stop. / My Oga At The Top / Subsidy Probe Report Indictees Will Not Be Prosecuted – Min Of Justice Adoke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by hyelhira: 1:09pm On Apr 10, 2013
I tried to get some information from the website of the Federal Ministry of Education. Lo and behold, their account/domain has been suspended. What this implies is that either someone or a department responsible for the management of the website is not on top of its job.

Normally, when you host a website for a specific time, say a year, the hosting company starts sending you renewal notifications about a month to the expiry date of your hosting plan. Also, suspension of account usually comes at least after a week after the renewal is due. So despite such provisions, the website has still been allowed to expire. So this leads to the following questions among others:

1) Annual hosting of a domain can't be more than N20,000. Are we saying there is no provision for such in the FME's budget considering that it is the renewal of an existing hosting plan we are talking about here?

2) If there is a provision, why was the hosting plan allowed to expire? Is there no officer or department in charge of the administration of the website?

3) Considering that this is the first source of valid information for external stakeholders of the ministry, where are these stakeholders expected to obtain information now? Or is it that the ministry cares less if stakeholders have access to information or not?

4) Since the web administrators (staff or consultants) of the website have been/will be paid for their services, is this not a case of neglect of duty? Will it be wrong to request that they be relieved of this job and be replaced by people who are more competent?

5)Is this not another 'Oga at the Top' case in the making?

The minister in charge of the ministry should please put her house in order and let us have access to basic information without having to travel.

Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 10, 2013
@hyelhira,

Verify the URL you declared.

I am afraid your Oga at the top is correct this time around (.ng has moved to .org wink

Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by vokalguy(m): 1:31pm On Apr 10, 2013
Don't you think its time to move on from 'oga at the top' shenanigan? Its getting old and lame and I realized attention seekers on this site tend to use it as a tool to get people to show interest in their irrelevant posts
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by hyelhira: 1:43pm On Apr 10, 2013
@eGuerrilla:

I think they should let their stakeholders know if they are changing their domain. I had it bookmarked and if you still do a google search for 'website of federal ministries in nigeria', you will see that http://www.fme.gov.ng is the official site of the FME. See the following:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Ministries_of_Nigeria
http://www.nigeriagalleria.com/Agencies_and_Organizations/Federal_Ministries.html
[url]http://www.yellnigeria.com/search?q=Federal+Agencies%2FParastatals&city=abuja&category=Federal+Ministries[/url]

In fact, I believe that http://www.fmegovng.org is a malicious clone. It's either the links don't work or they direct you to something not relevant to FME at all.

Please also verify from your end. It's a classic 'Oga at the Top'.
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Apr 10, 2013
You are absolutely right.

Having taken a second look, I can confirm that website is not only well dodgy but also registered to a Russian. shocked

I will send an email off to some Ogas on this issue before the day runs out.

Domain ID:D156097472-LROR
Domain Name:FMEGOVNG.ORG
Created On:10-May-2009 14:30:33 UTC
Last Updated On:07-Apr-2012 19:05:38 UTC
Expiration Date:10-May-2013 14:30:33 UTC
Sponsoring Registrar:Blue Razor Domains, LLC (R1268-LROR)
Registrant ID:CR2773873
Registrant Name:Alexandr Bukurov
Registrant Street1:901N.Pitt Street, Suite 325
Registrant Street2:
Registrant Street3:
Registrant City:Alexandria
Registrant State/Province:VA
Registrant Postal Code:22314
Admin Email:alexandr.bukurov@gmail.com
Tech ID:CR2773874
Tech Name:Alexandr Bukurov
Tech Email:alexandr.bukurov@gmail.com
Name Server:NS1.FIRSTVDS.RU
Name Server:NS2.FIRSTVDS.RU
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by Nobody: 1:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
Too bad
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by hyelhira: 1:54pm On Apr 10, 2013
vokal_guy: Don't you think its time to move on from 'oga at the top' shenanigan? Its getting old and lame and I realized attention seekers on this site tend to use it as a tool to get people to show interest in their irrelevant posts

People like you do not understand the concept of responsibility and probity in the discharge of duties so I do not expect you to understand why the public made an issue out of the 'Oga at the Top' saga. I have included links that show that http://www.fme.gov.ng is the generally recognized website of the FME. If they have moved the domain for one reason or the other, they ought to have put a 'We have moved' sign on the old site or simply do a redirect to the new one. Even a m0r0n should understand that. By the way, a mediocre like you who will never achieve anything significant (Nemo dat quod non habet) does not qualify to call me an attention seeker.
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by hyelhira: 1:55pm On Apr 10, 2013
Thank you.

eGuerrilla: You are absolutely right.

Having taken a second look, I can confirm that website is not only well dodgy but also registered to a Russian. shocked

I will send an email off to some Ogas on this issue before the day runs out.

Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by vokalguy(m): 2:52pm On Apr 10, 2013
hyelhira:

People like you do not understand the concept of responsibility and probity in the discharge of duties so I do not expect you to understand why the public made an issue out of the 'Oga at the Top' saga. I have included links that show that http://www.fme.gov.ng is the generally recognized website of the FME. If they have moved the domain for one reason or the other, they ought to have put a 'We have moved' sign on the old site or simply do a redirect to the new one. Even a m0r0n should understand that. By the way, a mediocre like you who will never achieve anything significant (Nemo dat quod non habet) does not qualify to call me an attention seeker.

Ah while you do make valid points, I see no reason why the 'oga at the top' reference is needed.Nobody is disputing your claims...
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by hyelhira: 3:28pm On Apr 10, 2013
vokal_guy:

Ah while you do make valid points, I see no reason why the 'oga at the top' reference is needed.Nobody is disputing your claims...

Big man, you need some education. Do you know about the US Watergate Scandal in the 70s? Read it up if you have not. However, over 50 more scandals have occurred after that worldwide with '-gate' suffix by analogy with the Watergate scandal. See here: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix[/url]. The moral of this is that when you are in the public space, act with due care and diligence because people will talk (as they have the right to). Anyway, Richard Nixon resigned as the president of the US on this issue.

So why are you taking Shem's issue personal? Is he your 'Oga at the Top'?
Re: Fed. Min. Of Education Website Domain Suspended - Another 'Oga At The Top' Case? by vokalguy(m): 5:07pm On Apr 10, 2013
hyelhira:

Big man, you need some education. Do you know about the US Watergate Scandal in the 70s? Read it up if you have not. However, over 50 more scandals have occurred after that worldwide with '-gate' suffix by analogy with the Watergate scandal. See here: [url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_scandals_with_%22-gate%22_suffix[/url]. The moral of this is that when you are in the public space, act with due care and diligence because people will talk (as they have the right to). Anyway, Richard Nixon resigned as the president of the US on this issue.

So why are you taking Shem's issue personal? Is he your 'Oga at the Top'?

Just read up on the Watergate Scandal, pretty intriguing. But yea I am familiar with the whole '-gate' suffix. Afterall apple had the 'antennagate' one in 2010. Seriously it has just gotten to the point where the whole 'oga at the top' thing has been overused online and offline that its like people do not wanna seem to get over it, from freaking movies to t-shirts and all that stuff... that's whats grinding my gears bro. Nothing personal against you

(1) (Reply)

Six Years Of Impunity And Bad Governance In Abia State / Peter Obi Plans Rigging With 60 Billion Naira To Instal His Business Partner Wil / Ahmed Kabiru Abdullahi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.