Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,748 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements (3162 Views)

Igbo Intimidating Buhari With Biafra To Get Appointments – Sagay / Picture Of Mimiko And Akerodeolu...... / Picture Of Gov. Mimiko And Wife On The Queue At The Polling Unit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 3:33pm On Oct 17, 2012
Mimiko and his Intimidating Achievements

The Ondo State governor, Dr Olusegun Mimiko has been able to make a lot of transformation in every
area of governance since becoming the helmsman of the state three years ago. Specifically, the Mimiko led
government has been able to distinguish itself in the areas which include Education, health, Agriculture,
Transport, Urban renewal, Community development, Housing and Sports among others.

Through what has overtime become to be identified as the Iroko revolution in the state, the government
commenced the process of bridging the gap between the elite and masses as far as education is concerned.In this process, a caring heart school tagged Mega School was designed and situated at the three
Senatorial districts of the state.

With this development, private schools have been made less attractive even as statistics have shown that rate of enrolment into public schools in areas which hitherto have witnessed very low patronage have now improved in high measure. The facilities provided by the Mega School meant for Primary school pupils have generally been agreed to be of no equal in the African continent. It is generally believed also that only few of its kind can compete with it in Europe and America. The Schools in Ondo are not all about structure.

The state also has in place an agency which is basically saddled with the responsibility of maintaining high standard in schools in the state. Tagged Quality Assurance Agency, through it, the government uses its field inspectors to monitor activities of both teachers and students are being regulated for optimal performance by both the students
and teachers alike. Already, the system has recorded so much impact that Oyo, Ekiti and Osun state government have applied to come and understudy the agency’s mode of operation.

Health: This is one area the Mimiko led government has won for the state in particular and the country at large, international recognition. As its Abiye project continues to endear the government to both nationals Governor Olusegun Mimiko and foreigners. Under the very popular health project, Mother and Child hospitals are operational. The
hospital is designed basically for expectant mothers. Under this project, Pregnant women are taken care of free of charge from conception of the pregnancy to about six weeks after delivery .The health scheme has become so popular to the extent that pregnant women from other parts of the country have turned Ondo State Mother and Child hospitals to Mecca of sort. It is also on record that the state government has planted medical centres in many communities that lacked one before the advent of the Mimiko government.

Agriculture: The state government is maximizing the agricultural potentials of the state. It has even moved
further to latch on this potential to fulfill its promise of providing employment for its graduates. The government has provided an agricultural scheme in Ore, Auga and Epe and Agric villages where graduates have been gainfully employed. The government has also established Tomapep factory in Arigidi Akoko..Another unique feature of the Mimiko’s agricultural undertakings is the value of the Auga cow farm where Cows are been reared in hundreds. Already, it has been affirmed that the Auga farm will conveniently take care of the Cow consumption needs of the South west people instead of relying on cow supplies from the North.

Housing Projects; It is worthy of mention that there has not been any housing project in Ondo state in the last 28 years. No government that has come into being in the state within this period that has given attention into the housing needs of the citizens of the state until the coming of the present administration. Already, the government has made available about 300 housing projects which is already due for delivery but for the infrastructures being provided to compliment the facilities. The Housing units are located at Oba-ile, and Oda road.

Community Development; this is one area the administration of Governor Mimiko holds very dear. It is so dear to it that the government at inception three years ago created a Ministry basically for Community issues .So far, the government has been able to reach out to 350 villages in the state with one project or the other using its 3i’s initiative. Under this preference, the government’s agent approaches a community for its needed project following which a contractor is selected within the locality and contracted to execute the agreed project. These projects range from Medical Centres, Town Hall, among others.

Urban Renewal: The Urban Renewal programmes of governor Mimiko Is unprecedented in the history of the state. The government which has over the years earned for itself the appellation Sogbedigboroturning rural to urban places has not only made the urban centres worth living for natives and residents alike, but has also improved of the standard of living of the rural dwellers. The government has continued to allow for simultaneous development of both the rural communities and Urban centres.

Millenium compliant Neighbourhood markets have been erected in Isikan, in Akue. It’s a two phase project that has since become operational. While the one in Ondo is still ongoing, the ones in other major towns in the states including Ikare have become operational. The New NEPA market in Akure is due for delivery soon.

In the area of road construction, the Arakele idealization project is near completion while the Oba Adesida road has been already been completed. The Oke ijebu road is already concluded while the Owo town idealization project is still ongoing, ditto for the various road projects going on in Ondo Town, IKare and a quite a number of other towns in the state. The Akure city can now boast of the best traffic light in the African continent.

Sports: This is one area the Mimiko led government is doing better than every other state in the federation. The state has as many as two teams in the nation’s premier league and it can boast of the best stadia in ghe country with the almost completed Akure sports stadium which has an Olympics size swimming with the football pitch being Astroturf.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by nezer76(m): 8:53pm On Oct 17, 2012
Perhase your ignorant of d non existence of these claims was to be established then i will ascribe time to enlighen ur on facts hidden frm u and d ones u re ignorant of. So far so good i hav identify frm ur write up that u were paid to post this article either to gain public sympathcy frm numerous partronage of this noble site or to mislead electorate abroad through false claim on project which i describe as a white horse in diagram book. The underlisted are what mimiko did for three and a half years contrary to your claims.
*A mechanic villiage and motor park in akure
*Two water foutains and bus stops on Adesida road akure
*One 100- bed mother and child hospital in Akure
*Markets stalls and town halls at some locatn like Akure isikan market, Ondo and Ore market yet to be completed since a year plus of it commence, also a town hall built under d leardershp of honourabl Nichola in irele named after Mimiko's wife
* One automart
*Four yet to operate 1000 students mega primary school
* An ill defined Abiye safe motherhood project
* Few uncompleted road expansion projects in ondo , akure,owo and ikare to ajowa
* numerous abandoned projects
* a straggering debt of #30 billion

Note also that the analysis below are Funds released to ondo state between 2009-2012
ondo state monthly revenue is approximat #10billion in 42 months, equates to #420billion couple wit d 38billion left behind by d Agagu adminstratn. And all we could get are these few projects. Is it d mega skool dat is yet to be open dat ur attributed so great feature to funny anyway we re nt surprice we will take dat as one of the Mimiko 3yrs achievement tricks frm ab initio. So shall we ask who is fooling who? The 22k minimual salary boasted by d mimiko adminstrn was a was ur info. a mere covenant btw we workers and him, no one has received 22k salary .ondo state minimum pay is #17,200 get dat right. Anyway good people of ondo state knw Dr. Rahamon as a player , good political tricker wit sugar coated mouth so it is no news for a supporter of him to to boast in wht he has not given us . Thank u God bless

3 Likes

Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by mike404(m): 10:44pm On Oct 17, 2012
nezer76: Perhase your ignorant of d non existence of these claims was to be established then i will ascribe time to enlighen ur on facts hidden frm u and d ones u re ignorant of. So far so good i hav identify frm ur write up that u were paid to post this article either to gain public sympathcy frm numerous partronage of this noble site or to mislead electorate abroad through false claim on project which i describe as a white horse in diagram book. The underlisted are what mimiko did for three and a half years contrary to your claims.
*A mechanic villiage and motor park in akure
*Two water foutains and bus stops on Adesida road akure
*One 100- bed mother and child hospital in Akure
*Markets stalls and town halls at some locatn like Akure isikan market, Ondo and Ore market yet to be completed since a year plus of it commence, also a town hall built under d leardershp of honourabl Nichola in irele named after Mimiko's wife
* One automart
*Four yet to operate 1000 students mega primary school
* An ill defined Abiye safe motherhood project
* Few uncompleted road expansion projects in ondo , akure,owo and ikare to ajowa
* numerous abandoned projects
* a straggering debt of #30 billion

Note also that the analysis below are Funds released to ondo state between 2009-2012
ondo state monthly revenue is approximat #10billion in 42 months, equates to #420billion couple wit d 38billion left behind by d Agagu adminstratn. And all we could get are these few projects. Is it d mega skool dat is yet to be open dat ur attributed so great feature to funny anyway we re nt surprice we will take dat as one of the Mimiko 3yrs achievement tricks frm ab initio. So shall we ask who is fooling who? The 22k minimual salary boasted by d mimiko adminstrn was a was ur info. a mere covenant btw we workers and him, no one has received 22k salary .ondo state minimum pay is #17,200 get dat right. Anyway good people of ondo state knw Dr. Rahamon as a player , good political tricker wit sugar coated mouth so it is no news for a supporter of him to to boast in wht he has not given us . Thank u God bless
OLD boy how much ACN pay you for this nonsense now
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 8:27am On Oct 18, 2012
the guy seems to be a new recruite of acn trying to impress to keep his new job of propaganda and false claims. Everyone in ondo can see and feel the impact of the projects,except the paid laptop guys and their gods
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by ijigbamigb(m): 9:11am On Oct 18, 2012
But I still don't buy the idea of building mega schools that can accommodate just 1000 pupils. According to what I've read, he's building 6 across the state with 2 situated in each senatorial district. This policy has led to a total neglect of the already dilapidated schools in the state. The immediate effect is that parents will start withdrawing their kids from the old schools for the new mega schools which cannot accommodate all.

I so much support him for a second term though and this is because the candidate of the ACN does not look like someone who have a plan for Ondo State and the PDP is a total NO GO AREA.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by sweetgala(m): 9:23am On Oct 18, 2012
ACN are fighting this Mimiko chap tooth and nail.
Must be the potential oil money. If he wins now and does good Ondo might turn to a Labour state same way Lagos is ACN
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 10:27am On Oct 18, 2012
there is always room for improvement. 54 mega school has already been completed not 6
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by stormm: 12:15pm On Oct 18, 2012
bilms: there is always room for improvement. [b]54 mega school [/b]has already been completed not 6

Hmmm! shocked angry. Lies

1 Like

Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by olafolarin(m): 1:04pm On Oct 18, 2012
Where are the pictures to buttress your claim?

The Megaschool is a hoax.
Most roads has been abadoned despite being fully paid for.

1 Like

Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 12:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
if you want to see the mega school,there is no need for pictures to butress the claim,it is not a claim,its ONDO..come to Ondo and see the wonderful life..The mega school are not on pictures,they are on ground..
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by Tushed: 2:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mimiko would be re-elected
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by nezer76(m): 2:34pm On Oct 19, 2012
ijigbamigb: But I still don't buy the idea of building mega schools that can accommodate just 1000 pupils. According to what I've read, he's building 6 across the state with 2 situated in each senatorial district. This policy has led to a total neglect of the already dilapidated schools in the state. The immediate effect is that parents will start withdrawing their kids from the old schools for the new mega schools which cannot accommodate all.

I so much support him for a second term though and this is because the candidate of the ACN does not look like someone who have a plan for Ondo State and the PDP is a total NO GO AREA.

which is important, d future at the mercy of these sily liars or the personality of a candidate? Come to think of it, buildin a mega skools witout mega teachers, out of these called dilapilated one thousand two hundred and three Public skol , Agagu renovated 807 with at least two new buildins while not continue where he stopped instead of demonishin and building just 4 ,1000 capacity mega skol wit locations to confirm , d morden market witout employment that will fetch money to shop at d morden market, of wht benefit is d motor park and bus stop of 50million naira each to the man farming in d village, the importants(manpower) were abardon while the less important are been attended to.
this words of mine are nt born out of politikin bt out of d sense of a reasonable Nigerian unlike those waitin to get paid at d detriment of their future and d good people of Ondo state.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by nezer76(m): 3:09pm On Oct 19, 2012
bilms: there is always room for improvement. 54 mega school has already been completed not 6
grin
only liars bets heavens for proofs ok we are all hears where are the locations of the 54 mega skool?, . Ur own erran boi want lie pass him master . Confused set of plpe driven by personal ambition. Olusegun Mimiko said 4 mega skols which we are all witness to ,d horses mouth , here u are claimin 54 . Anyway u re a confused being already searchin 4 likely minded , it is one of those thing when d source of a man's livelihood is tied to ungodliness of course iniquity becomes order of d day. Dont u knw an hungry man can go d way to identify white for black(hunger blindlness) moreso call his parent fools all wht to swallow(hunger stupidity). It is a pity dat u open this link cos d topic is a woe 2 d academic standard in Nig. u knw wht? kindly change d topic pls perhase"astorming failure of olusegun mimiko". For ur info either he is rigged in or voted out, d truth remains and can never be changed cos it has no abbver.and should in case u re plainin to respond never mind ,i could see u re too junior to discuss issue dat is likely to bring postive change to d lives of gud plpe in ondo state.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by juman(m): 4:17pm On Oct 19, 2012
Gov. Mimiko is God choice.

He is unstoppable. IROKO for sure.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by nezer76(m): 5:11pm On Oct 19, 2012
bilms: the guy seems to be a new recruite of acn trying to impress to keep his new job of propaganda and false claims. Everyone in ondo can see and feel the impact of the projects,except the paid laptop guys and their gods

If we may even ask the author wht d defination of political achievement is in his/her content not to talk of intimidating achievement. Wht i think happen 2 d author as at when compiling this article is dat he/she has been promised a baby sitter appointment at d alagbaka inn of d 'nibi ni moma ku si' governor if being re elected. To this end he has pledge to do all he could to mislead d pubilics through a well known device called white lies. Several questn needs to be ask d author which 4 d sake of time i decided 2 rest my case bt still wonderin , where in ondo state are these intimidatin achievement which i claimed . If they were to exist the need wont be 4 panic among d mimiko camp over other contestant' works they say speak louder than words'.moreso d employment of a sugar coated writer to fabricate lies wont av being necessary . It would av being a smooth sail 4 d irokos not battling(res ipasa loqutui) fact speaks 4 itself. 52mega skols, development in housing, agriculture, sport and health care area he claimes mimiko has touched positively i think is enough achievement to vote him on a second term bid. May while i av ended my worries as soon as i discover (1). That this guy or wht evr sex d author is ,is one of d bad indigen or ill wishers of ondo state who av prepare to stop at nothin to mortgage d future of d plpe and his for coin(2). A less educated person,who has successfully acquired 'half knowledge' and set on a mission to taurt d insight of others. It intrest me therefore to meet wit persons of ur kind cos they serves as case-study 4 me among d commity of interllents. My frnd u need sm1 to let u knw u av written rubblish completely rubblish otherwise u will be rejoicing or hapy over nothin. Luk around u no1 is appausin u 4 misleadin ur neighbor.
If u are indeed a politician and u see d need to campign why nt go 2 campaign ground wher u can feed ur party members and loyalist noonsense, and when u get here compose back ur sense 4 we are nt all beggars or dog of politicians . My advice, kindly see this politicians as a representee, servant or agent who are actin on ur behalf. 4 it is d collective vote of d people dat made him governor so u dont need to farbricate lies to make him acceptable or popular.otherwise u may be categorize as among those who gave their bithright 4 a plate of porage.
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by nifemi01(m): 5:18pm On Oct 19, 2012
Bilms, u dey lie no be small o. Which traffic light dey akure
U mean the one at cathedra where all the lights are yellow and they all go on and off at the same time?
Or u mean that at a division and old garage where no traffic light has even been fixed to the poles?
Abeg try to confirm all these things/lies u re posting here b4 u do next time, ok?
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 12:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
?
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 6:42am On Oct 22, 2012
angry
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by otunbaneyo09(m): 9:50am On Oct 22, 2012
Where are the pictures to buttress your claim?

This one of it .IDANRE MEGA SCHOOL

Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by otunbaneyo09(m): 9:52am On Oct 22, 2012
@ Afolarin can you see the above picture
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by bilms(m): 12:20am On Nov 25, 2012
?
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by Henries: 5:57am On Nov 25, 2012
olafolarin: Where are the pictures to buttress your claim?

Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by Henries: 5:58am On Nov 25, 2012
otunbaneyo09: Where are the pictures to buttress your claim?

This one of it .IDANRE MEGA SCHOOL
Re: Mimiko And His Intimidating Achievements by Henries: 6:00am On Nov 25, 2012
olafolarin: Where are the pictures to buttress your claim?

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious!Fans Bash SAHARA REPORTERS After It Reported Being Under Attack*PHOTOS / Tb Joshua's Plane Crash Prediction: The Fear Of Apc / Goodluck Jonathan Decamps To APC After The ELECTION.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.