Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,136 members, 7,821,882 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure (5027 Views)

Corruption: BUHARI gives EFCC Go Ahead to Probe JONATHAN / Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram / Orji Kalu Loan Scheme For Nigerians In Congo More Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Itoroetti(m): 7:38am On Oct 18, 2012
my question is,can the worst performing governor in nigeria's history probe the 2nd worst governor in history?

Barring any last minute hiccup, Abia State Government will commence the probe of eight-year reign of former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu.

According to the state’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Eze Chikamnayo, the move is in response to increasing pressures on the state government to probe the former governor’s administration following his recent claims in some national dailies that he left no debt behind in 2007.

Chikamnayo said if available records ofhis administration we anything to go by, the former governor will have to respond to so many questions that will arise from the management of the state’s resources while he was in government.

The commissioner further noted that Governor Theodore Orji, who also served in Kalu’s government as chief of staff, has hitherto avoided the temptation of probing his estranged godfather to avoid distractions from his commitment to leave enduring legacies at the end of his tenure in 2015.

“Recently, there has been a lot of anger, irritation and agitation within the Abia populace as a result of the unguarded false utterances being credited to a former governor of the state, Chief Oriji Uzor Kalu. Everybody inAbia knew how the man, his mother and his family left the state in the darkest pit in the annals of governance and because of the restraint, maturity and peaceful disposition of the current governor, he has refused to open the books but preferred to focus on his mission of leaving legacies for Abia posterity.”

“However, as you know, tired of being in oblivion and looking for cheap relevance, the former governor has made some very untrue and provocative utterances to the extent that he claimed that he did not leave debt for the state and other sanctimonious and unimaginable claims,” Chikamnayo said.

“It is time for service, I wil serve you. Nomore labour loss. Vote for me and I will not disappoint you”, he said.

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abia-government-mulls-probe-of-kalu-s-eight-year-tenure/127773/
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Itoroetti(m): 7:39am On Oct 18, 2012
We are waiting.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by jamace(m): 7:49am On Oct 18, 2012
Why is he just waking up from slumber?

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by obicentlis: 8:09am On Oct 18, 2012
The present Governor is a Rogue, clueless, Vision less, clown and the worst of it, he does not tolerate criticisms. There is no single passable road in Aba. Aba, the Enyimba city is a shadow of its own. How can he probe the former gov? Its very glaring that he at least maintained the existing road with few new roads he constructed but this clown has down nothing.

3 Likes

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by chysan(f): 9:01am On Oct 18, 2012
Itoroetti :
Abia Government Mulls Probe of Kalu’s Eight-Year Tenure
16 Oct 2012
Font Size: a / A
Oriji Uzor Kalu
Charles Ajunwa
Barring any last minute hiccup, Abia State Government will commence the probe of eight-year reign of former Governor Orji Uzor Kalu.
According to the state’s Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Eze Chikamnayo, the move is in response to increasing pressures on the state government to probe the former governor’s administration following hisrecent claims in some national dailies that he left no debt behind in 2007.
Chikamnayo said if available records ofhis administration we anything to go by, the former governor will have to respond to so many questions that will arise from the management of the state’s resources while he was in government.
The commissioner further noted that Governor Theodore Orji, who also served in Kalu’s government as chief of staff, has hitherto avoided the temptation of probing his estranged godfather to avoid distractions from his commitment to leave enduring legacies at the end of his tenure in 2015.
“Recently, there has been a lot of anger, irritation and agitation within the Abia populace as a result of the unguarded false utterances being credited to a former governor of the state, Chief Oriji Uzor Kalu. Everybody inAbia knew how the man, his mother and his family left the state in the darkest pit in the annals of governance and because of the restraint, maturity and peaceful disposition of the current governor, he has refused to open the books but preferred to focus on his mission of leaving legacies for Abia posterity.”
“However, as you know, tired of being in oblivion and looking for cheap relevance, the former governor has made some very untrue and provocative utterances to the extent that he claimed that he did not leave debt for the state and other sanctimonious and unimaginable claims,” Chikamnayo said.
“It is time for service, I wil serve you. Nomore labour loss. Vote for me and I will not disappoint you”, he said. my question is,can the worst performing governor in nigeria's history probe the 2nd worst governor in history?
how can T.A orji probe the ex_gov,whereas he's the brain behind the bad things that happened then,how can he probe,the ex_gov was paying the workers salaries he didn't owe for a month whereas this present n selfish gov doesn't pay his workers,his owing his workers since july.the ex,gave us a good roads,then what is this present one waiting for.atleast the ex,do hear the cry of the masses bt this present one cares only his pocket.pls u ppl should ask d present gov,where are those salaries for non indigenes which he didn't pay them n didn't employ any single youth,where are those money?.the president gave him #300,million for flood whereas nothing like flood in Abia state.where is that money?so there's nothing he cn probe cos his case is even worst.

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Afam4eva(m): 9:32am On Oct 18, 2012
lol grin grin grin
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Bawss1(m): 9:40am On Oct 18, 2012
Another distraction technique by TA Orji.

He really must take the people for fools.

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 18, 2012
Circus... Imao
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2012
shocked shocked
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 18, 2012
To me, Orji Uzor Kalu has become a saint compare to TA Orji, TA Orji is the worst Governor in Nigeria, I can wait for his tenure to finish so that he will be Arrested and prosecuted

2 Likes

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by SkyBlue1: 9:52am On Oct 18, 2012
Once I read "Abia State Government" I lost all interest. Name ONE administration that has sucessfully probed the dealings of its predecessor? We need to build institutions for these things, not waiting for people who will take us for a ride on the pretense of goodwill.

2 Likes

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by tiwasiaife(m): 9:57am On Oct 18, 2012
T.A ORJI wantd to use his stolen monies to invest in shipping line business unfortunately 4 him he feel into the awaitin arms of Orji Uzo and was duped of billions of naira. Only way to fight back is by probing him. Lol

2 Likes

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Obinoscopy(m): 9:58am On Oct 18, 2012
I laugh in swahili. T.A.Orji is just as bad as Kalu, there's no justification for this probe. Left for me I'd say it behoves on the new regime in the year 2015 to probe both Kalu's and T.A.Orji's regime

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by drnoel: 10:09am On Oct 18, 2012
I don't know who the biggest fool will be here. The governor being probed, the governor spear-heading the probe, or the silly public and/or people in NL that should wise up to this political move of Orji Kalu and his protégé. I mean, its not a secret that Orji didn´t do anything 4 Abia during his term. Neither is it hidden that this present one is just blowing smoke, trying to leave crumbs 4 the public cos people r suffering and desperate 4 change. What annoys one the most is that the public is so hit with suffering that they actually belive him cos they r looking 4 a messiah. Well that messiah is definitely not the present governor of Abia cos he has not done a single thing in his state (pls go and see Fashiola´s lagos state).
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
I hope he will also be probed after his tenure.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Kaggs2003: 10:15am On Oct 18, 2012
grin grin
tiwasiaife: T.A ORJI wantd to use his stolen monies to invest in shipping line business unfortunately 4 him he feel into the awaitin arms of Orji Uzo and was duped of billions of naira. Only way to fight back is by probing him. Lol
DONT MIND HIM HE THINKS THAT PEOPLE DONT grin
tiwasiaife: T.A ORJI wantd to use his stolen monies to invest in shipping line business unfortunately 4 him he feel into the awaitin arms of Orji Uzo and was duped of billions of naira. Only way to fight back is by probing him. Lol
DONT MIND HIM HE THINKS THAT PEOPLE DONT
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by DrGee1(f): 10:18am On Oct 18, 2012
I just cant bliv dat this clueless, visionless, clown is still saying something.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by skerries: 10:18am On Oct 18, 2012
My heart is bleeding, iam sick and tiered of my state and the entire Abia people who refused to take action towards this slowpoke governor who enjoy taking them for a fool, but shame on you Mr governor you're a scum and a low life human being for robing us blind and treating your state like a filth. you shall receive your reward in hell fire for what to your people who are vulnerable to your ruleship
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by blocker: 10:24am On Oct 18, 2012
grin grin grin grin grin grin I am in supporting of the probe as long as it includes the former Chief of Staff who laundered money for his Boss (Orji Kalu). A former chief of Staff arrested by E.F.C.C and won the gubernatorial s-election of 2007 and is now trying to probe himself by implication.

T.A Orji that you are a short man should not make you shorted sighted as well pay your workers the 4 months salaries you are owing them and reopen Abia State University before you sell that one to yourself. Mugu!

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 10:33am On Oct 18, 2012
Gini? T.A Orji should probe himself first. as far as am concerned orji uzor kalu's tenure was more better than T.A Orjis
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by femiseun1: 10:35am On Oct 18, 2012
Another Wild goose chase leading to nowhere. Another way to keep our journalists busy, sell newspapers, ocuppy the TV shows and divert attention grin
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Maxymilliano(m): 10:49am On Oct 18, 2012
Never been to Abia but is T.A Orji perfomance in office that bad? Updates from Ugo Emezue says otherwise.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Igweka(m): 11:18am On Oct 18, 2012
Wonders
shall naver end,abeg give me tooth peak make i remove laugh from my
teeth. T.A will probe himself first because he was chief of Staff during
Orji Uzo tenure. Meanwhile Orji Uzor is far better than T.A. Eze Chikamnayo ran away sometime ago when he misuse govt.fund. If politician steal they will call it misuse of fund.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Mary4life1(f): 11:48am On Oct 18, 2012
Most of our igbo governors ie both past and present are thieves especially the idiot called orji uzor kalu,who embezzled our money and the other mugu called theodore orji who has not made any reasonable impact in abia state.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by chinnyonwu(m): 12:24pm On Oct 18, 2012
Thief T.A.Orji is the worst governor I've witnessed in my yrs. The roads are in a state of anumy, regretably lugubrious, dismal Pismal Tidmal... Hon. Patrick come helep me oo!!!

2 Likes

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by ChinenyeN(m): 12:50pm On Oct 18, 2012
This is the kind of nonsense that I don't understand. What are they probing for when they already know what they need to know? They have available documented evidence. Rather than wasting time "probing", they should just charge him.
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by trix1: 12:59pm On Oct 18, 2012
How come all we ever hear/read about Abia State Government is what they intend to do, and never what they have done?

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Nobody: 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
T.A Orji will go down in history as the worst ever democratic leader in human existence. The God of thunder will strike him one day for the way he and his son Chinedu have destroyed Abia State. Well, I dont blame him. I will blame GEJ who brought in a drowning man into PDP to context and the Chief of Army Staff Ihejirika who used his Army boys to rig the 2011 election in Abia. I just hope Abia can see the light again in 2015 if PDP doesnt bring on board another crook and thief to power. I have searched around and I cant find anyone from Abia South who can deliver. Senator Enyinanya Abaribe and Nkechi Nworgu are all comfortable with their National Assembly seats, reason they collaborate with GEJ to dump the likes of Ikechi Emenike and supported a useless man like T.A Orji. The Minister of Labour, Chukwuemeka Nworgu is currently romancing and eyeing the seat of Governor in Abia but he wont smell that seat.

1 Like

Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Anaskie(m): 1:12pm On Oct 18, 2012
Maxymilliano: Never been to Abia but is T.A Orji perfomance in office that bad? Updates from Ugo Emezue says otherwise.
My man, dont even bother coming. Abia state government is highly f.u..cked up!
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by ammnesty: 4:17pm On Oct 18, 2012
Itoroetti :
my question is,can the worst performing governor in nigeria's history probe the 2nd worst governor in history?

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/abia-government-mulls-probe-of-kalu-s-eight-year-tenure/127773/

Arant nonsense infat am angryyyy...SHOULD DY PROBE A BAD MAN HU SHW A LITLE HELP 2 WE ABIANS OR DY USELER MAN WE HAVE NW AS OUR GOV HU HAS NOTIN 2 SHW 4 DY YRS HE HAZ STAYD IN OFICE.....MAKE DEM JUS NO ANNOY ME.....
Re: Abia To Probe Orji Kalu's Tenure by Vogue50: 8:00pm On Oct 18, 2012
chysan: how can T.A orji probe the ex_gov,whereas he's the brain behind the bad things that happened then,how can he probe,the ex_gov was paying the workers salaries he didn't owe for a month whereas this present n selfish gov doesn't pay his workers,his owing his workers since july.the ex,gave us a good roads,then what is this present one waiting for.atleast the ex,do hear the cry of the masses bt this present one cares only his pocket.pls u ppl should ask d present gov,where are those salaries for non indigenes which he didn't pay them n didn't employ any single youth,where are those money?.the president gave him #300,million for flood whereas nothing like flood in Abia state.where is that money?so there's nothing he cn probe cos his case is even worst.
I don't see why Abians should ponder over trivial issues concerning rogues and coperate criminals that have ruined and impoverished the lives of Abians.
Chikamnayo was commissioner for information in orji kalu's first dispensation as governor of abia state and was sacked based on corrupt practices within first 3months of his appointment , the present governor was orji kalu's chief of staff for 8years and assisted immensely to kalu's mass looting of public funds . I'm elated to see kalu being demeaned and disparaged by his cohorts.
Despite kalu's greed and deceit ; he is still better than this present nonentity !

(1) (2) (Reply)

PHOTO NEWS ; One Of The Newly Refurbished Schools By Okorocha. / JUST IN!!! Gov. Umahi Begins Construction Of International Airport (photos) / Pastor Adeboye Sends Strong Warning Message To Buhari

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.