Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,807 members, 7,824,368 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 09:00 AM

Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram (11182 Views)

We’ll Replace Buhari In 2019; Nothing Will Stop Us, PDP Chairman, Sheriff, Vows / Touching Photo Of A Nigerian Soldier Praying Before Battle With Boko Haram(Pic) / Group Urges APC Leaders To Replace Buhari With Kwankwaso (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by PaulJohn1: 7:16am On Nov 11, 2012
A former Governor of Abia State, Orji Uzor Kalu, has offered to dialogue with Boko Haram on behalf of the Federal Government.

Mr. Kalu made the offer following a purported proposal by the sect requesting a former Head of State, Muhammadu Buhari, to dialogue with government on its behalf. Mr. Buhari has since declined the role.
In a statement by his Special Assistant on Media, Emeka Obasi, Kalu said there was nothing wrong with the refusal of the offer by Buhari, adding that he was in a position to talk with the group for the return of peace to the country.

He said that having lived in the hotbed of Boko Haram activities, Maiduguri in Borno State and being a prominent South Easterner, which has been largely affected by the activities of the group, he was in a position to marry the feeling of the actors in the dialogue process.
Mr. Obasi quoted Kalu as saying: “General Buhari took a laudable step by opting out.
“For one who contested the 2011 presidential election, meeting with Boko Haram may be misconstrued because many believe that the group’s activities heightened after the emergence of President Goodluck Jonathan.”

Mr. Kalu, who is also the protem leader of the nascent socio-cultural organisation, Njiko Igbo, added: “Ndigbo have suffered enough.
“Their businesses have been destroyed, lives lost. Nigeria is their country. I do not see why they cannot walk freely from Maiduguri to Mubi, from Borno to Bauchi. I lived in Maiduguri. I still own properties there. I know the terrain.

“We can sit down and dialogue on the condition that the group will cease all bombing activities in Nigeria. In the interest of peace, I think government should accept the peace move. Previously, they were almost faceless. Now, there is a window for peace. It is always good to jaw-jaw than to war-war. Both Islam and Christianity preach peace.

“A situation where going to serve God becomes a walk into bloodbath does not help our spiritual lives. No family prays to lose four, five members to bombs in a war that seems to set one religion against the other.”
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/106586-orji-kalu-offers-to-replace-buhari-in-dialogue-with-boko-haram.html

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by eduson55(m): 7:26am On Nov 11, 2012
[size=18pt]this is bambastically elloqueentaility in the highest dismay[/size]

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Nobody: 7:28am On Nov 11, 2012
Seeking relevance through the wrong route....

He should help more in Abia....that is if he is still relevant in the politics of that state though.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Ngwakwe: 8:06am On Nov 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Seeking relevance through the wrong route....

He should help more in Abia....that is if he is still relevant in the politics of that state though.

He was the best Governor in Nigeria in his first term.

Mind you second term can be anything different which you and me is yet to understand.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by abbeycial: 9:05am On Nov 11, 2012
abi,wats gud for d geese is gud for d gander....gbamm
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Afam4eva(m): 9:08am On Nov 11, 2012
ilugunboy: Seeking relevance through the wrong route....

You're right. The guy is really desperate and he's seeking relevance through any means possible.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by ifyalways(f): 9:20am On Nov 11, 2012
afam4eva:
You're right. The guy is really desperate and he's seeking relevance through any means possible.
he's desperate for money, recognition or fame?which is he sooo lacking now undecided

4 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Afam4eva(m): 9:21am On Nov 11, 2012
ifyalways: he's desperate for money, recognition or fame?which is he sooo lacking now undecided

People are easily forgotten in Nigeria. Even though Orji uzor kalu was arguably the most popular governor during his term as governor, he has been somewhat irrelevant. So, his trying to relaunch himself into prominence.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by ifyalways(f): 9:44am On Nov 11, 2012
^ ok!

But that's what "you" think.he alone knows what's in it for him.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Ilaje44(m): 9:49am On Nov 11, 2012
If Jonathan and iwe haram would be brilliant enough to allow him. It is actually not a bad idea.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by dridowu: 10:08am On Nov 11, 2012
Whoevers dialogue on behalf of FG does not really matter, d most paramount thing we need to acheive is PEACE in NIGERIA

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by ashson: 10:10am On Nov 11, 2012
its up to the boko haram to decide, because the people to trust in this country are very very few...
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by KINGwax(m): 10:10am On Nov 11, 2012
I'm also open to representing anybody who is not interested o. This is money! i knw. Orji, that my ibo brother no go carry last.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Abagworo(m): 10:11am On Nov 11, 2012
ifyalways: he's desperate for money, recognition or fame?which is he sooo lacking now undecided

Orji is not as intelligent as the statement. I think he's the richest Southeasterner or the 4th richest in Nigeria though.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Lordave: 10:17am On Nov 11, 2012
How much they go pay me make I go dialogue with Boko Haram? I'm desperate.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Lordave: 10:19am On Nov 11, 2012
Abagworo:

Orji is not as intelligent as the statement. I think he's the richest Southeasterner or the 4th richest in Nigeria though.
What do you mean, OUK can't make such a statement?
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Abagworo(m): 10:23am On Nov 11, 2012
Lordave: What do you mean, OUK can't make such a statement?

The statement sounds more like what an intellectual conceived and wrote. Orji's level of reasoning no reach.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2012
eduson55: [size=18pt]this is bambastically elloqueentaility in the highest dismay[/size]
^^^^^ LMAO chai!!!!!!
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by hakanai(m): 10:26am On Nov 11, 2012
eduson55: [size=18pt]this is bambastically elloqueentaility in the highest dismay[/size]

^^^LMAO chai!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by redsun(m): 10:30am On Nov 11, 2012
He is a shameless tout.An offer nobles like buhari cannot accept even with a thousand metres pole inbetween is an opportunity of a life time for an osu like kalu.

If animals like him who are the bane of corruption and nigerian syndromes are locked for their criminalities,insurgencies will fade out in nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by malele(m): 10:31am On Nov 11, 2012
orji uzo wants to die. How can a christain dialogue for boko haram,nothing person no dey see for this jungle nigeria

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Lordave: 10:33am On Nov 11, 2012
Abagworo:

The statement sounds more like what an intellectual conceived and wrote. Orji's level of reasoning no reach.
just pray an Igbere man doesn't catch you
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Manbush: 10:35am On Nov 11, 2012
Abagworo:

Don't be deceived by thinking that sounding verbose, as Nigerians are prone to, is intelligence. If you were as intelligent as he is why weren't you a bank chairman in your early twenties, a feat he achieved.

2 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Clemzy16(m): 10:39am On Nov 11, 2012
And what makes him think Boko haram is going to accept his willingness to dialogue on behalf of buhari. I know he's trying to launch himself back into the political arena. But he had better convert to islam first. Boko haram might be heartless but they're not stupid.
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by greggng: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2012
I think we have got a problem with the youth in this country.Some of us cannot afford 3 square meal a day and yet we hide under the platform provided by nairaland to run down established millionaires.Kalu has always been a successful business man before he ventured into political arena.He is trying to help.The people that should be seeking relevance are the poor people on this platform who are just existing but not living.Some are still under their parents. From their post you will know

5 Likes

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Nobody: 10:43am On Nov 11, 2012
Funny enuf. All d governors of Abia are reknowned noise-makers diverting d media from d real truth wt their noises. Best Gov ever! Best security conscious Gov awards, yet nothing to show for their works. Abia is a pitiable state politically, developmentally and in administration, i wonder how a PAST or INCUMBENT GOV from dat state cud possibly come out 4 an affair of this immense. Ibos and capitalizations, i hail!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by donchuzy: 10:44am On Nov 11, 2012
haka_nai:

^^^LMAO chai!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Emygem(m): 10:45am On Nov 11, 2012
[/color][color=#000099]What Buhari is afaid to do, OUK has volunteer do it pls why not give him a chance!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by takedat(m): 10:51am On Nov 11, 2012
OUK is a Rabble Rouser who is seeking for a way to gain Prominence after years of being obscure! Well good luck to him in this futile attempt of his!

1 Like

Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by Ebukathegreat: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2012
Tnx 4 the offer! Buhari is only refusin to claim he does not hv link with the sect. Orji go and sleep, the name the sect mentioned has more relevence 4 the return of peace!
Paul John:
http://premiumtimesng.com/news/106586-orji-kalu-offers-to-replace-buhari-in-dialogue-with-boko-haram.html
Re: Orji Kalu Offers To Replace Buhari In Dialogue With Boko Haram by akintun: 10:52am On Nov 11, 2012
He definitely would be more credible than Buhari, but I think he would not be allowed. Dis is politics, and no one would want to give Dr Kalu any political victory even Boko Haram themselves.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Labour Party's Senators-Elect And Reps-Elect Won't Defect — National Chairman / Dangote Building Tomato Processing Plant / China To Invest $6b In Ajaokuta Steel Mill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.