Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,101 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:33 AM

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink (15643 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by bodsibobo(m): 9:38am On Oct 19, 2012
Dear Timijo,

Honestly I also say that your views and analysis of the topic is one sided and myopic. I have a friend who is seriously considering divorce and he really wants the easiest way out for all parties. Upon review of his over ten (10) years marriage, he concluded that he never loved his wife. He was introduced and matched with his wife by an Aunty to whom he could not refuse.

He has over the years only just played along to satisfy his uncles, aunties, parents etc.

Now over ten years down the line he has seen so many traits in the woman he can not continue to put up with. The wife is lazy, not ready to work, unable to keep the house clean and tidy, and you know the worst thing, this attitude runs through the wife's family and all her sisters exhibit the same traits. Shame! He has not kissed, not to talk of have sex with, his wife for over a year! He is not excited going back home after work so he hangs out at bars to drink till 12 midnight before getting home. Mind you they have two lovely kids but the guy says he's not just attracted to the woman one bit anymore.

He's my very good friend and there's so much he tells me and even me I pity him in his misery!

I remember my brother once tell me that the only thing worse than being in prison, is being in a wrong marriage that is not working.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 9:40am On Oct 19, 2012
@Timijo,

You are so bent on forcing your wife(ie if you have any) to remain in abusive marriage.it wont work. She has decided not to take your bullshit any longer and you are being afraid. No amount of manipulation, bible quotation will stop her. Therefore, if you still want the marriage, you better go on your knee, beg your wife and change your abusive behaviour otherwise she will divorce you and leave with her children.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by eastman11: 10:25am On Oct 19, 2012
bodsibobo: Dear Timijo,

Honestly I also say that your views and analysis of the topic is one sided and myopic. I have a friend who is seriously considering divorce and he really wants the easiest way out for all parties. Upon review of his over ten (10) years marriage, he concluded that he never loved his wife. He was introduced and matched with his wife by an Aunty to whom he could not refuse.

He has over the years only just played along to satisfy his uncles, aunties, parents etc.

Now over ten years down the line he has seen so many traits in the woman he can not continue to put up with. The wife is lazy, not ready to work, unable to keep the house clean and tidy, and you know the worst thing, this attitude runs through the wife's family and all her sisters exhibit the same traits. Shame! He has not kissed, not to talk of have sex with, his wife for over a year! He is not excited going back home after work so he hangs out at bars to drink till 12 midnight before getting home. Mind you they have two lovely kids but the guy says he's not just attracted to the woman one bit anymore.

He's my very good friend and there's so much he tells me and even me I pity him in his misery!

I remember my brother once tell me that the only thing worse than being in prison, is being in a wrong marriage that is not working.

I seriously think your friend is a baby husband, he accepted a wife to be imposed on him and he endured her shortcomings for 10yrs and suddenly he wants to opt out, that is a silly excuse, i think he should search himself and retrace his steps because if he marries another woman he will end up making the bar his permanent home, 12minnight will be too early for him to go home.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 19, 2012
Tim, before you quote the Bible as the manual for sustaining marriage, think carefully. It's like those that seek the advice of "pastors" when trying to resolve marital issues. And many a husband or wife has ended up dead as a result.

Marriage is sustained by the couple, because they use their God-given brains. God gave us brains so we can use them, that's as far as God's input goes. We weren't put on earth to be spoon-fed.

Besides, there was divorce in the Bible, which you seem to have conveniently forgotten.

#JusticeforAluu4

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by MsZee(f): 11:15am On Oct 19, 2012
GudluckIBB: These days,i think Women enjoy it when they find themselves in an abusive Relationship.You lay all your life,love Trust and everthing a woman needs in a home,You make sacrifices but they just prefer it when they are Abused.They seems not to Value the atmosphere of peace at home!They prefer it when there is tension and fear.They prefer it when they hear the souind of your car,thier heart skips.Wereas its not suppose to be so and its never the man's intention to have a hostile Environment.
To me No man is happy laying hands on his wife or Girlfriend.But these days you see a woman asking the spouse "What will do if I say or do it again?"Some people have the patience to walk away but some don't.Proverbs 14.1 says A foolish woman tears down her home with Anger.Women too should look inwards and make amends.
They should stop imititating the characters they read or see in movies.
Women are the builders of the Home,Men are just Caretakers looking for diaily bread for the family
hope you do not abuse your woman? My dear no excuse is enough to batter a woman. The strenght is not even a match.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by ishmael(m): 12:33pm On Oct 19, 2012
God hates divorce. The man and the wife can agree to settle their differences and have a stable and peaceful home if they want to. Go back to God if u're not serving Him. If u love God u will keep His commandments. I stilll repeat it, God hates divorce. Divorce can be avoided if the couples have the fear of God in them.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 1:39pm On Oct 19, 2012
Mschewww @Topic
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2012
ishmael: God hates divorce. The man and the wife can agree to settle their differences and have a stable and peaceful home if they want to. Go back to God if u're not serving Him. If u love God u will keep His commandments. I stilll repeat it, God hates divorce. Divorce can be avoided if the couples have the fear of God in them.

Are there instances where divorce is the only option? Are there cases whereby God will condone divorce?

Please, answer yes or no, without a long epistle.

#JusticeforAluu4

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by ishmael(m): 2:45pm On Oct 19, 2012
Siena:

Are there instances where divorce is the only option? Are there cases whereby God will condone divorce?

Please, answer yes or no, without a long epistle.

#JusticeforAluu4
No. God hates divorce. Even if ur spouse commits adultery, u can still forgive. Christ demonstrated that by refusing to condemn the woman who was brought before Him for committing adultery. He forgave her and asked her to go, and sin no more. God can put things in order for couples who believe and invite Him into their hearts and home.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by SisiKill1: 3:04pm On Oct 19, 2012
Are you in an abusive relationship? Does your spouse treat you like crap? Are you living everyday of your life in fear and you think divorce is the only way out? Think again my friend, divorce can put you at a greater risk of having cancer! You might be hacked to death by your spouse if you stay with them but at least you don't run the risk of having cancer!!

This message is brought to you by the advocates of marriage by hook or by crook.

Our Motto - Better to be a dead spouse than a living single with high risk of being sick.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2012
ishmael: No. God hates divorce. Even if ur spouse commits adultery, u can still forgive. Christ demonstrated that by refusing to condemn the woman who was brought before Him for committing adultery. He forgave her and asked her to go, and sin no more. God can put things in order for couples who believe and invite Him into their hearts and home.

Wrong. Divorce is permitted in the Bible, in cases of adultery or fornication. Yes, you can forgive, though God did not make that forgiveness mandatory.

I guess those wives that have suffered violence and even ended up dead - you're going to tell me they were unbelievers, so deserved their fate? For people to save themselves, a brain to think rationally helps, that's God's input.

#JusticeforAluu4

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 3:10pm On Oct 19, 2012
Sisi_Kill: Are you in an abusive relationship? Does your spouse treat you like crap? Are you living everyday of your life in fear and you think divorce is the only way out? Think again my friend, divorce can put you at a greater risk of having cancer! You might be hacked to death by your spouse if you stay with them but at least you don't run the risk of cancer!!

This message is brought to you by the advocates of marriage by hook or by crook.

Our Motto - Better to be dead spouse than be a living single with high risk of being sick.

Hahahahaha! grin grin grin

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 6:44pm On Oct 19, 2012
SMH @ Topic
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Empero67: 7:28pm On Oct 19, 2012
I do not agree with the writer. When a relationship is soured it affects the children even more. If the father is not happy he will not be able to do his best. When two people caannot get along any more, it is over and no hypocrisy by way of holiness and religious injunctions can change it. After divorce, a responsible father will be able to look after his children from a happier environment and this will rob on the children. When daddy is happy, everybody is happy. Distance is not a barrier. Besides, the concept of marriage is changing like other institutions in the society. Yes the pastors will do their job but the man or woman will not be nasty to each other when the pastor is around.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Theblessed(f): 10:52pm On Oct 19, 2012
[b][size=16pt]Again, Marriage is not compulsory - it is a choice!

And when people are in it and not happy, and have tried everything to 'keep it together' and it's still leaking - I believe it is time to call it a quit.

One can not because of children or loneliness etc sabotage his/her happiness/health and remain in a stressful relationship because, if unhappiness didn't kill you then, the stress would - does it really worth it?

Alternatively, if your children's well-being, over-rides everything in your life then, wait until your baby leaves home and recover your happiness - that's my take! To me, being happy with someone I love and care about, is incontestable to the emotional pain some people experience from an unhappy marriage.

After all, who can guarantee that the children you are sacrificing your happiness for, will be there for you at old age?

Beside, once they grow and leave home, you are on your own, abi! If anyone is in doubt, may I ask, how many of us are with our parents sitting in the lounge discussing family issues or having family dinner, right now?

Have we imagined, how much our parents misses us, right now? And, what have we done to ensure our physical presence with them, all the time?

It is tough, isn't it? There you go!!!!!

Obviously, some in towns and cities around Nigeria as well as those in diaspora hadn't been able to see their parents for years, abi! Yet, they are the children you sacrificed all your happiness and pleasure for.

I know of some parents who moan on their children about this. And to avoid much regrets in life, I suggest people should always try and balance such situation, so that no one completely looses out and then, becomes so embittered, in later life for the sacrifices they made in marriage.

After all, in the end such sacrifices would not be recognised because, at resurrection, when we all have lived and left this life - there would be no MARRIAGE, no CHILDREN, no MOTHER, no BROTHER, no SISTER, no GRANDMA, no GRANDAD, no WIFE, no HUSBAND and certainly no FATHER except - our Lord Jesus Christ and the Most High God in HEAVEN because, my Scriptures tells me that - we believers who obeyed God's Will and Commands, will become Angels of God in Heaven at RESURRECTION (Mark Chpt. 12 v. 18)

So, where does this leave this our earthly marriage that seems to be compulsory? Who would care about it, then? No wonder, God did not consider it compulsory for his children - he would have made it the 11th Commandment,abi? undecided.

Therefore, marriage is a choice people make and to have children is also a choice - either do it or leave it after all, God himself had only 'One Son - Jesus Christ, Our Lord and Saviour' and why must we then, have more than one child ourselves, if not our greediness!

You see, it's only domineering and pushy people, wanting their ways that instigates and pile up pressure on individuals to marry and to remain in a marriage they are not happy about for the sake of the above points listed by the writer - no one should put you under such pressure if you are not ready, don't do it, my dear!

I understand people talking about temptations of the flesh and such - yes, one can overcome that by making God and his words first in your live as that would help you keep out of trouble, until you are ready. But, where you are not ready it is not life threatening, is it? cool cool

Again, Marriage and Children are not compulsory they are choice and certainly, not life threatening - one can live without them!
[/size][/b]

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 7:01am On Oct 21, 2012
Siena: Tim, before you quote the Bible as the manual for sustaining marriage, think carefully. It's like those that seek the advice of "pastors" when trying to resolve marital issues. And many a husband or wife has ended up dead as a result.

Marriage is sustained by the couple, because they use their God-given brains. God gave us brains so we can use them, that's as far as God's input goes. We weren't put on earth to be spoon-fed.

Besides, there was divorce in the Bible, which you seem to have conveniently forgotten.

#JusticeforAluu4
Are u nw saying dat d human brain superceed the believer's instruction(thd bible)? Do u knw d efficacy of God's words? With his words, He made everything in this world. You can find every thing that wil give u a happy and a peaceful home in His words. If anyone allow his/her home to be guided by the word of God, he/she wil nt regret it. But, if u guide ur home by ur brain, by d standard of this falling world, u wil fail woefully.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 8:13am On Oct 21, 2012
^^ So why then, did God give us a brain and will power / freedom of choice? If not to use them??
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 21, 2012
Timijo: Are u nw saying dat d human brain superceed the believer's instruction(thd bible)? Do u knw d efficacy of God's words? With his words, He made everything in this world. You can find every thing that wil give u a happy and a peaceful home in His words. If anyone allow his/her home to be guided by the word of God, he/she wil nt regret it. But, if u guide ur home by ur brain, by d standard of this falling world, u wil fail woefully.

Guy, stop interpreting the Bible to suit your warped sense of reasoning! You keep harping on about the Bible, yet fail to answer or address one issue. Quoting scriptures and verses doesn't make you a Christian, remember the Devil can quote and recite the Bible from Genesis to Revelations verbatim.

If a woman's being battered by her husband, is married to a serial cheat, would you advice her to remain with him? No doubt, you'll advice her to "pray" for him, and remain untill he eventually maims or kills her. I don't claim to know the Bible inside out, but I do recall INFIDELITY and FORNICATION as reasons in the Bible to get divorced. For some reason, you refuse to comment upon this.

All this God's wrath stuff is just a load of bull. It's a sin to have your God-given brain go to waste, through lack of use. You're the one who'll fail woefully, by the way you reason. Have you ever seen a woman so beaten and battered by her husband, to the point her own mother would have trouble recognising her? Or so dehumanised by her husband, she see's herself as worthless, and feels she deserved what she got? No doubt your advice will be, she remains with him, and seeks solace in "prayer", LMAO.

Yeah, God made everything in this world, including our brains. If all it took was God's guidance, our brains might as well be redundant.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 1:47pm On Oct 21, 2012
Siena:

Guy, stop interpreting the Bible to suit your warped sense of reasoning! You keep harping on about the Bible, yet fail to answer or address one issue. Quoting scriptures and verses doesn't make you a Christian, remember the Devil can quote and recite the Bible from Genesis to Revelations verbatim.

#JusticeforAluu4

grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 6:45pm On Oct 21, 2012
Siena:

If a woman's being battered by her husband, is married to a serial cheat, would you advice her to remain with him? No doubt, you'll advice her to "pray" for him, and remain untill he eventually maims or kills her. I don't claim to know the Bible inside out, but I do recall INFIDELITY and FORNICATION as reasons in the Bible to get divorced. For some reason, you refuse to comment upon this.

All this God's wrath stuff is just a load of bull. It's a sin to have your God-given brain go to waste, through lack of use. You're the one who'll fail woefully, by the way you reason. Have you ever seen a woman so beaten and battered by her husband, to the point her own mother would have trouble recognising her? Or so dehumanised by her husband, she see's herself as worthless, and feels she deserved what she got? No doubt your advice will be, she remains with him, and seeks solace in "prayer", LMAO.

Yeah, God made everything in this world, including our brains. If all it took was God's guidance, our brains might as well be redundant.

#JusticeforAluu4
Cutting off the head is not the pill for headache, so also divorce is not the solution to marital problem. Two wrongs can not make a right. There is another way of resolving issues in the family rather than divorce as a child of God.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 21, 2012
Timijo: Cutting off the head is not the pill for headache, so also divorce is not the solution to marital problem. Two wrongs can not make a right. There is another way of resolving issues in the family rather than divorce as a child of God.

And of course, you still dance around my questions. It's quite straight-forward, and a direct answer will do. Does the Bible state INFIDELITY and FORNICATION as grounds for divorce? If a husband is a wife-battering brute, they've sought counselling which has failed, should the wife remain with him, and wait for him to kill her?

Yes or no, it's simple!

#JusticeforAluu4

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 7:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Siena:

And of course, you still dance around my questions. It's quite straight-forward, and a direct answer will do. Does the Bible state INFIDELITY and FORNICATION as grounds for divorce? If a husband is a wife-battering brute, they've sought counselling which has failed, should the wife remain with him, and wait for him to kill her?

Yes or no, it's simple!

#JusticeforAluu4
Divorce is allowed in the case of fornication or adultery. But it goes with a condition. The condition is that, the victim must be ready to stay unmarried. He or she cannot marry to another person. If the victim remarry, it is a sin to the almighty God. Now, tell me, if the victim is btw 25 to 50 years, can he or she remain unmarried. I guess d answer is NO. So, why divorce? Even if the victim remarried, what is d guaranty that there will nt be problem again.
Or you xpect her to be jumping from one man to another like harlot? Instead of you to give a lasting remedy to the problem, u are advocating divorce. Are u saying that divorce is the rightful pill to every troublesome home? And if every body will follow your counsel, it means that many women wil not have husbands over them.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
Timijo: Divorce is allowed in the case of fornication or adultery.

That's all I wanted to hear.

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^ And you, my dear Siena, have just proven that @poster is a hypocrite!

You just made the guy eat his own words! grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
Efemena_xy: ^^ And you, my dear Siena, have just proven that @poster is a hypocrite!

You just made the guy eat his own words! grin grin

Efe, he'll never admit it. I mix with folk like him on a daily basis - they simply loath to admit they were wrong.

How's the writing going?

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^ Lol!

Na you biko cheesy

Yeah, the writing's fine - but on hold for the time being. Especially with the kids on half-term now cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Sounds good.

I've been working on a manuscript on and off for over a year, looking to get it completed, and submitted next year. wink

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ah!

Fingers crossed and Best of Luck man! cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:59pm On Oct 21, 2012
^^^Thanks, sis. All the best of luck with yours too. smiley

#JusticeforAluu4
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 1:27am On Oct 22, 2012
Siena:

Efe, he'll never admit it. I mix with folk like him on a daily basis - they simply loath to admit they were wrong.

How's the writing going?

#JusticeforAluu4
The topic says reasons not to get a divorce. Read and have a rethink. It reveals the adverse effects of divorce to people. They can make their choice. But you have refused to answer all my questions. I have told u that divorce is allowed in d case of adultery or fornication, but it goes with a condition that people can not cope with. If u are a true xtian, wil u advice any victim of a troublesome home to get a divorce and remarry? Pls answer this question without sentiment.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Timijo: The topic says reasons not to get a divorce.

The topic says reasons not to get a divorce divorce, not people should NOT get divorced.

Timijo: Read and have a rethink.

I've read, and there's no need to rethink, because your arguement is pretty one-sided, and clouded in bias.

Timijo: It reveals the adverse effects of divorce to people.

I've seen the effects of remaining in an abusive, adulterous, violent and none-loving marriage. The effects are far more adverse and profound, than that left by divorce. At least a divorced couple can move on, be happy and at least remain fairly civil to each other.

Timijo: They can make their choice.

Exactly. Not have you, or some other holier-than-thou person, or their "pastor" make their choices for them.

Timijo: But you have refused to answer all my questions.

You haven't asked any questions. All you've tried to do from the onset, is make a lame attempt to ram your opinion down my throat, or that of others. You've made up your mind, so I see no reason for this thread to exist. You're after folk who can be swayed by your one-sided arguement, and you're not going to find that in me! I have my God-given brain, and use it.

Timijo: I have told u that divorce is allowed in d case of adultery or fornication, but it goes with a condition that people can not cope with.

People? Or some people? I think you'll find most people will prefer to cope with divorce, and whatever conditions you choose to interprete from the bible, than stick with an adulterous or violent, abusive spouse. I notice you don't touch on the physical violence side of things. In your mind, that's not valid grounds for divorce. Are you yourself married?

Timijo: If u are a true xtian, wil u advice any victim of a troublesome home to get a divorce and remarry?

So you feel only a "true Christian" will advice a victim of marital violence and / or adultery to remain married? Dawwwg, listen to yourself! You sound so self-righteous and smug! Of course I would advice ANY victim of domestic violence and / or adultery to get help - not from the church, because if those in the church reason the way you do, then such victims will be doomed. I'll advice them to get Marriage Counselling, at least the advice there will be objective, looking at both sides of the coin, not one-sided and myopic like yours. If that doesn't work, then yes, divorce will be the only option, before someone gets killed!

If there's one thing I'm not, it's a hypocrite. I see things from multi-perspective, you're simply seeing things from one angle - the one that suits your interpretation mis-interpretation of the bible.

Timijo: Pls answer this question without sentiment.

The correct title of this thread should have been - "10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce, & 10 Reasons To Get A Divorce. That would prove your analogies aren't colored by sentiment and / or bias.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
@ siena

why are you wasting your precious time arguing with him. Obviously, he is a manipulative bible thumper. If you check well, his type manipulate, blackmail and abuse their wives and then use bible quotation to shut them up. Hypocrites!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / Porta Potties: The Bad, Worst And Ugly. / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.