Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,686 members, 7,816,796 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink (15640 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 2:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: How is their relationship with their maker before these things happened?

What's that supposed to mean?

You implying that bad things only happen to people who haven't got a good relationship with their maker?

~ What about JOB from the bible? Wasn't he an exemplary servant of God? What about Abel? Was his relationship with his maker "bad"?

~ What about non-Christian couples suffering in violent relationships? Do they deserve to be killed just because they aren't Christians??

Timijo: You guys are just twisting my posts. I have nt say divorce ur spouse and I did nt also say don't divorce ur spouse.

No one's twisting your posts Timijo. What we're trying to get you understand (after 3 long pages) is that there are instances where divorce is the only sensible option. That is, if you (the victim) value your life and that of those dependant on you for their protection (i.e your kids)

Re: The bolded, the title of this thread of yours states otherwise! You've given 10 reasons why people MUST NOT divorce.

Timijo: If it as come to life threatening, I think there could be a separation from each other for a while pending til when d man or d woman wil come back to his or her senses. If they are believing xtians, nor of them can get marry to another person according to the word of our Lord Jesus Christ.

You "think"?? So you're still not sure then are you? Even after reading up the live examples given to you - on what can happen if people follow this advice of yours? So they separate for a while. What if the offending spouse doesn't come to their senses? What then??
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 2:08pm On Oct 23, 2012
timi

Are you by any chance insinuating that because the women does not have good relationship with their maker, they deserved what happened to them or their marraiges, your arrogancy and selfrighteousnes stink to high heaven, i wash my hand completely off you, you cannot be rehabilitated. see you on the other side.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 2:12pm On Oct 23, 2012
nggold: @Efe,

dont you know; according to our own "marriage mender" and all the other 'marriage menders'we know, they must have told the poor women on how God does not like divorce; of course with bible quotation. 'she should be grateful that she had a husband (even though he is an animal in human form) pray ceaselessly for him, a wise woman builds her home while a foolish woman destroys it'. At the end, the women would end up destroyed like in this case.

it doesnt get better with these bible thumpers. They are the worst kind i tell ya.

Nggold, it beggars belief.

I tell you most solemnly, "pastors" like Timijo need deserve to be stripped and flogged senselessly in the market square for leading people astray. His "words of advice" are murderous, to say the least.

Most victims of violent relationships / abuse are so, so vulnerable, and are of the mindset that "it's their fault", they caused the situation they find themselves in. These people are slow to seek help and it takes real GUTS for them to even speak up. I find it deplorable that people like pastor Timijo would then advise these fragile souls to GO BACK and try and make it work.

Whereas, common sense dictates that anyone in a violent relationship should FIRST take themselves and their dependants OUT of that situation ASAP!! angry angry
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 3:48pm On Oct 23, 2012
nggold:
timi

Are you by any chance insinuating that because the women does not have good relationship with their maker, they deserved what happened to them or their marraiges, your arrogancy and selfrighteousnes stink to high heaven, i wash my hand completely off you, you cannot be rehabilitated. see you on the other side.
I asked that question to knw if they are xtian or nt. This wil help me to address the problem. U rush into conclusion witout answering my question. Be swift to hear and slow to answer.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2012
[quote author=Efemena_xy]

You implying that bad things only happen to people who haven't got a good relationship with their maker?
You didn't answer my question correctly. I just asked to knw their faith for the right approach but you are swift to hear and swift to answer. Why?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by SisiKill1: 4:42pm On Oct 23, 2012
Life can be funny sometimes...two days ago I was watching a documentary about Narcissism and one of the Psychologist said the best (or worst depending on how you wanna look at it) narcissists hide under the cloak of Christianity. It was an abstract concept to me until this thread. It is amazing how it fits to a T. The best Narcissists DO hide under the cloak of Christianity.

How do you argue with someone who is quoting the Bible without coming off as the "biggest sinner" for defying "God's Word"? Most people don't want to, so they keep quite, leaving the narcissists with the sense that he is right.

The ones who do argue are considered sinners by the narcissists, so to him they will never make sense anyway....So he is right.

Either way it goes, the Narcissists wins....and winning, Lording his superiority over other people....well that is the ultimate high for the narcissist.

I laughed so hard when Tim kept insisting Seina was insulting him. Riddle me this people. . .What type of person thinks disagreeing with him automatically means you are insulting him? I'll give you a hint....oh heck forget the hint....AN EFFING NARCISSISTS that's who. cheesy

How dare you disagree with him? Don't you know who he is? He is always right or in this case, the Bible said it....so you disagreeing is an insult. I tell ya, sometimes the psychological case just writes itself with some people. Lmao!

@OP
Let's pretend the dead woman and her dead children were Christians.....what now?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 5:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
It is only a man with an unregeneratf heart that wil kil a soul. A child of God wil nt take d lif of others letalone that of his family member.

~ What about JOB from the bible? Wasn't he an exemplary servant of God? What about Abel? Was his relationship with his maker "bad"?

~ What about non-Christian couples suffering in violent relationships? Do they deserve to be killed just because they aren't Christians??

No one's twisting your posts Timijo. What we're trying to get you understand (after 3 long pages) is that there are instances where divorce is the only sensible option. That is, if you (the victim) value your life and that of those dependant on you for their protection (i.e your kids)

Re: The bolded, the title of this thread of yours states otherwise! You've given 10 reasons why people MUST NOT divorce.

You "think"?? So you're still not sure then are you? Even after reading up the live examples given to you - on what can happen if people follow this advice of yours? So they separate for a while.
What if the offending spouse doesn't come to their senses? What then?
Then they stay are part witout remary. I.e if they are believing xtian
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 23, 2012
The problems with folk like Tim is, they interpret the Bible LITERALLY, and mostly incorrectly. Often when it suits them to do so. A divorced person shouldn't remarry?! Gosh! Because that's a great sin! In that case, I hope you're squeaky clean, and without sin yourself.

How often do Bible-thumpers let their cloaks of self-righteousness slip, revealing the real person, hiding under the cloak of Christianity? Often when they're engaged in a heated debate with one who's views are contrary, they display a flash of their true selves. It's often brief, before they pull their self-righteous cloak back into place, but the brief glimpse is enough.

One of the basic rules of Christianity - "judge not, least you be judged." It's not for you to tell people how to live their lives, anyone who lives their lives according to the rules of another is a souless robot, a zombie.

Tim posted a picture of a married couple, to poke fun at them, because the woman was much older than her husband. He invited others to comment, yet this is the same guy who's so respectful of the institute of marriage, he would ask a battered woman or husband to remain married, when the voice of reason will suggest otherwise. Gaahh!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 6:58pm On Oct 23, 2012
The problems with folk like Tim is, they interpret the Bible LITERALLY, and mostly incorrectly. Often when it suits them to do so. A divorced person shouldn't remarry?! Gosh!Because that's a great sin! In that case, I hope you're squeaky clean, and without sin yourself.
No! The problem with you siena, is dat you have biblical shallow understanding and that makes u to argue over the xtian creed.

How often do Bible-thumpers let their cloaks of self-righteousness slip, revealing the real person, hiding under the cloak of Christianity? Often when they're engaged in a heated debate with one who's views are contrary, they display a flash of their true selves. It's often brief, before they pull their self-righteous cloak back into place, but the brief glimpse is enough.
Your problem is dat u classify people as ur self.

One of the basic rules of Christianity - "judge not, least you be judged." It's not for you to tell people how to live their lives, anyone who lives their lives according to the rules of another is a souless robot, a zombie.
And what have u been telling me and others al dis while?You whited sepulchre

Tim posted a picture of a married couple, to poke fun at them, because the woman was much older than her husband. He invited others to comment, yet this is the same guy who's so respectful of the institute of marriage, he would ask a battered woman or husband to remain married, when the voice of reason will suggest otherwise. Gaahh!
And u, u are living wit ur family, but u are here giving counsels that can scatter people's home. That pix u saw is a phantasgomaria.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 7:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: No! The problem with you siena, is dat you have biblical shallow understanding and that makes u to argue over the xtian creed.

My understanding of the Bible may be shallow, but I'm no hypocrite, pretending to be holier-than-thou. That's where you score. If points were given for the most self-righteous, misleading and ignorant person, you'd be richer than Dangote. If your display here constitutes superior knowledge of the Bible, then I'd rather chill out with my "inferior knowledge."

Timijo: Your problem is dat u classify people as ur self.

No, the problem with you is you're so myopic, an imbecilic chimp wouldn't envy you the mess you call a brain. If I looked closely at you, I might just spot the strings that are being pulled, to make you move. That spongey mess upstairs is redundant, just taking up space. The lights are on, but there's no one at home.

Timijo: And what have u been telling me and others al dis while?You whited sepulchre

What I've been telling YOU, (listen, and comprehend) not others, is people who have chosen divorce as a last resort don't make that choice lightly. Physical violence, infidelity and fornication is more than enough reason to get a divorce. But you, who's very likely single feel you have the right to castigate those that plucked up the courage to get out of a situation they could well get killed in! You GREY, moronic chimp!

Timijo: And u, u are living wit ur family, but u are here giving counsels that can scatter people's home. That pix u saw is a phantasgomaria

I asked you to quote just one person whom I'm trying to break up their marriage, yet you can't. You just continue to go round in circles, like the confused being you are. I have never meddled in anyone's marital blues, on the other hand, you, by your own admission, "mended" a marriage, which according to you, "was on the rocks." So tell me, are you a qualified Marriage Counsellor? I don't know what their marriage issues were, and quite frankly, I don't really care. But supposing you hear that one killed the other, what would be your reaction?

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 9:11pm On Oct 23, 2012
@siena

My understanding of the Bible may be shallow
Thanks for admitting that.

No, the problem with you is you're so myopic, an imbecilic chimp wouldn't envy you the mess you call a brain. If I looked closely at you, I might just spot the strings that are being pulled, to make you move. That spongey mess upstairs is redundant, just taking up space. The lights are on, but there's no one at home.
These words are not from a complete humanbeing at all. The devil is using u to think up side down.

What I've been telling YOU
How can u claim that u are speaking to me alone? Do u think am the only person ön this site? There are thousands of people reading what u have been clamouring for. Pls don't mis lead them.

I asked you to quote just one person whom I'm trying to break up their marriage
Not until u go to their houses or address them individually b4 u scatter their homes. The ill and satanic counsels that u have typed are been read by thousands of people and many of them are dancing to ur demonic tune.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 9:39pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: These words are not from a complete humanbeing at all. The devil is using u to think up side down.

The truth is bitter. You reckon you're even remotely human? You're the Devil himself. I'm glad your true self is coming to the surface. Only a brainless mor0n would advice someone in an abusive relationship to remain, and pray. Next you'll tell me you're a "pastor." All people suffering physical violence "deserve it", because you say so. What a jerk-off on a Kleenex you are!

Timijo: How can u claim that u are speaking to me alone? Do u think am the only person ön this site?

I'm addressing you directly, chimp. Which is why I've quoted you each time. Is that addled brain of yours that far gone, that you don't understand the significance of "quotation?"

Timijo: There are thousands of people reading what u have been clamouring for. Pls don't mis lead them.

Only sheep would be mislead. I'm sure those reading this thread arent daft, they use their brains, they're not puppets. Still on the subject of misleading them - does that apply to you leading them astray too?

Timijo: Not until u go to their houses or address them individually b4 u scatter their homes.

Address them individually, like you did, when you "mended" a marriage you claim was "on the rocks?" I leave that for poke-noses like yourself.

Timijo: The ill and satanic counsels that u have typed are been read by thousands of people and many of them are dancing to ur demonic tune.

And you're a demon dancing to your own satanic counsel. Folk like you who hide under the Bible are to be wary of. Ill-quoting of scriptures doesn't make you a saint. I can just see you, cackling like an old crone, as you "mend" marriages that according to you, are "on the rocks."
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by SisiKill1: 10:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:
And you're a demon dancing to your own satanic counsel. Folk like you who hide under the Bible are to be wary of. Ill-quoting of scriptures doesn't make you a saint. I can just see you, cackling like an old crone, as you "mend" marriages that according to you, are "on the rocks."

LMFAO!!!!! Deaded!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay all jokes aside, you know there is no way you can go back to posting your one liners after this right?? We. . .I won't let you, just understand that right now.

This section needs more people like you and it is just amazing how you've gotten away with not posting. Nah! Nah! Nah! You are staying put right here, if it means we gotta start talking cars. . .then so be it. cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

The truth is bitter. You reckon you're even remotely human? You're the Devil himself. I'm glad your true self is coming to the surface. Only a brainless mor0n would advice someone in an abusive relationship to remain, and pray. Next you'll tell me you're a "pastor." All people suffering physical violence "deserve it", because you say so. What a jerk-off on a Kleenex you are!

I'm addressing you directly, chimp. Which is why I've quoted you each time. Is that addled brain of yours that far gone, that you don't understand the significance of "quotation?"

Only sheep would be mislead. I'm sure those reading this thread arent daft, they use their brains, they're not puppets. Still on the subject of misleading them - does that apply to you leading them astray too?

Address them individually, like you did, when you "mended" a marriage you claim was "on the rocks?" I leave that for poke-noses like yourself.

Bros, abeg e don do.

Don't waste your energy on this any more. It's really not worth it...
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:06pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

LMFAO!!!!! Deaded!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

Okay all jokes aside, you know there is no way you can go back to posting your one liners after this right?? We. . .I won't let you, just understand that right now.

This section needs more people like you and it is just amazing how you've gotten away with not posting. Nah! Nah! Nah! You are staying put right here, if it means we gotta start talking cars. . .then so be it. cheesy

Girl! Why're you encouraging him to waste his breadth on a "very, verrrrryyyy lost cause"? cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:07pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: @siena
Thanks for admitting that.

These words are not from a complete humanbeing at all. The devil is using u to think up side down.

How can u claim that u are speaking to me alone? Do u think am the only person ön this site? There are thousands of people reading what u have been clamouring for. Pls don't mis lead them.

Not until u go to their houses or address them individually b4 u scatter their homes. The ill and satanic counsels that u have typed are been read by thousands of people and many of them are dancing to ur demonic tune.

Pls o! If you don't mind my asking...

What's the name of the church you attend??

You must have undergone a baptism of fire to become an elevated speaker / representative...
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:13pm On Oct 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Bros, abeg e don do.

Don't waste your energy on this any more. It's really not worth it...

Omoni meh! Oyoma! grin I'll leave Chimpy alone, I've said all I wanted to, so I'll leave him to his delusion, that all's black and white, with no shades of grey in between.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 10:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^ Lol!

But before you go, abeg help us find out that church he attends...

Just to ensure people avoid it by all means grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2012
About time marital suitability tests are conducted on people before they are allowed to be married. The things one hears these days truly boggles the mind.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by SisiKill1: 10:32pm On Oct 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Girl! Why're you encouraging him to waste his breadth on a "very, verrrrryyyy lost cause"? cheesy

Lmfao! Our family section league of wise men just increased to 2 and you think I will let him waste it on ehm. . .errr. . .ya know? No nah,I won't do him like that. cheesy

I meant he can't go back to the way twas before, you only see him posting well wishes on this section. . .not that there is anything wrong with that of course, so nobody should think I am saying well wishes aren't good, I just mean. .ehn. . .wait what was I saying again? Oh! Efe see as you have confused me! cheesy

You know what I mean sha. . .Lol!! cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:41pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^ Lol, you girls are bonkers! grin

@ Efe: Don't you worry, I have a vague idea what church Chimpy attends - damn, he may even conduct the "service" on the odd occasion, when he gets a break from "mending," Lolz...

...Plenty of raw fodder for a new manuscript, to run concurrently with my current one. wink
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 10:51pm On Oct 23, 2012
A 25-year-old Toronto pastor well known in the Baptist church community has been charged with murder in the drowning death of his pregnant wife.
-Philip Grandine, a pastor at Ennerdale Road Baptist Church, was arrested and charged Tuesday with first-degree murder. He appeared in court Wednesday.
His wife, Anna Karissa Grandine, 30, died last Oct. 17, a week after their third anniversary. She was five months pregnant with their first child.

-A senior Pastor of United Evangelical Church,Rev. Sunday Alfa has murdered his wife,a mother of 4 for refusing him sex.
The wife,Mrs. Rose Alfa was murdered in the Mission House at about 3am in Igojo,Ubali Village near Okene in Kogi State.
We learnt that before the woman gave up the ghost,she had confessed to a Policeman,who was taking her to the hospital that she did no wrong to her pastor husband and that the man came in the night in the room she was sleeping to demand for sex,but she refused because she gave birth to her last baby in October last year through cesarean section and the doctor asked her to abstain from sex for some time.

-A retired Pennsylvania pastor is accused of killing his wife and staging a car accident to try and cover up the murder. 62 year old Arthur “A.B” Schirmer allegedly claims he was in a car accident that killed his wife, but police say evidence suggests Schirmer actually staged the crash and have charged him with criminal homicide and evidence tampering.

A Korean pastor in his 60s was shot and killed by his wife last weekend while the two were in their Atlanta home, reports the Korean-language Korea Daily.
Young-geun Jeong, 64, served as the pastor for a local Korean church and was also the founder and dean of Faith Bible School in Atlanta. His wife, Hanna Jeong, 63, is being held without bail in connection with the shooting.

-In Kenya residents woke up to shocking news that a pastor had strangled his wife and disappeared. The couple is said to have quarrelled over alleged misappropriation of money they collect from tenants as rent of residential houses belonging to the woman’s father, a senior official at Central Organisation of Trade Unions. "The pastor is said to have squandered rent from the tenants and altered records of payments in a ledger book. When his wife found out and confronted him with the facts, a fight broke out leading to the murder,"

-A retired lebanese pastor already facing trial in the death of his second wife was charged with killing his first wife in 1999 in Lebanon County. A grand jury concluded he killed both women with blunt objects.

-MEMPHIS— Bond was set at $750,000 Friday for a small-town minister's wife charged with killing her husband at their Church of Christ parsonage.

Okay I am tired.Had more examples. I fear men like Timjo why lie.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
pendo89:

Folks are definitely on a roll tonight. Pastor, wrong bloody timing, u don jam grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
All these rubbish they keep spewing makes me sick. Seen kids/husbands and wives die because some pastor told them 'hold in there' God hates divorce.
Yes the same loving God hates murderers and abusers.
I was helping out a 7 yr old girl that was eventually murdered together with her mother! She had refused to leave the man even though he kept abusing her daily. Kept hoping that he would one day change. She even moved house to go live far with man.A machete silenced them all and that lil grl's death hit me bad.
Is God happy with all these deaths? It's men like the poster with their thou art holy attitude who end up committing such murders because they fail to reason and apply wisdom where it is needed.
You can't hide under the word! nope.God isn't stupid. And poster I really love God so much.
Please when things hit rock bottom advice them accordingly.I would hate to live with the guilt of wrong advice.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by r231(m): 11:24pm On Oct 23, 2012
naijababe:

Folks are definitely on a roll tonight. Pastor, wrong bloody timing, u don jam grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2012
pendo89: A 25-year-old Toronto pastor well known in the Baptist church community has been charged with murder in the drowning death of his pregnant wife.
-Philip Grandine, a pastor at Ennerdale Road Baptist Church, was arrested and charged Tuesday with first-degree murder. He appeared in court Wednesday.
His wife, Anna Karissa Grandine, 30, died last Oct. 17, a week after their third anniversary. She was five months pregnant with their first child.

-A senior Pastor of United Evangelical Church,Rev. Sunday Alfa has murdered his wife,a mother of 4 for refusing him sex.
The wife,Mrs. Rose Alfa was murdered in the Mission House at about 3am in Igojo,Ubali Village near Okene in Kogi State.
We learnt that before the woman gave up the ghost,she had confessed to a Policeman,who was taking her to the hospital that she did no wrong to her pastor husband and that the man came in the night in the room she was sleeping to demand for sex,but she refused because she gave birth to her last baby in October last year through cesarean section and the doctor asked her to abstain from sex for some time.

-A retired Pennsylvania pastor is accused of killing his wife and staging a car accident to try and cover up the murder. 62 year old Arthur “A.B” Schirmer allegedly claims he was in a car accident that killed his wife, but police say evidence suggests Schirmer actually staged the crash and have charged him with criminal homicide and evidence tampering.

A Korean pastor in his 60s was shot and killed by his wife last weekend while the two were in their Atlanta home, reports the Korean-language Korea Daily.
Young-geun Jeong, 64, served as the pastor for a local Korean church and was also the founder and dean of Faith Bible School in Atlanta. His wife, Hanna Jeong, 63, is being held without bail in connection with the shooting.

-In Kenya residents woke up to shocking news that a pastor had strangled his wife and disappeared. The couple is said to have quarrelled over alleged misappropriation of money they collect from tenants as rent of residential houses belonging to the woman’s father, a senior official at Central Organisation of Trade Unions. "The pastor is said to have squandered rent from the tenants and altered records of payments in a ledger book. When his wife found out and confronted him with the facts, a fight broke out leading to the murder,"

-A retired lebanese pastor already facing trial in the death of his second wife was charged with killing his first wife in 1999 in Lebanon County. A grand jury concluded he killed both women with blunt objects.

-MEMPHIS— Bond was set at $750,000 Friday for a small-town minister's wife charged with killing her husband at their Church of Christ parsonage.

Wow!! shocked shocked shocked

You've just given us 7 Reasons Not To Trust Your Pastor (Timijo) - Read & Have a Rethink!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
Sisi_Kill:

Lmfao! Our family section league of wise men just increased to 2 and you think I will let him waste it on ehm. . .errr. . .ya know? No nah,I won't do him like that. cheesy

I meant he can't go back to the way twas before, you only see him posting well wishes on this section. . .not that there is anything wrong with that of course, so nobody should think I am saying well wishes aren't good, I just mean. .ehn. . .wait what was I saying again? Oh! Efe see as you have confused me! cheesy

You know what I mean sha. . .Lol!! cheesy

Ah-ah!! The culprit here is Pastor Timijo.

He should be held responsible for this er..memory lapse (I think) grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 8:21am On Oct 24, 2012
nway Timijo.The reason I posted that, was to show you that NO ONE is immune to these things.
Having a close relationship with God is not even the key.It's applying to the book and exercising self control.That only few can do.

The human heart is the most deceitful of all things, and desperately wicked.

I can only marry a man who's free enough to confess that he would rather divorce than abuse me. We can even sign an agreement.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Busybody2(f): 9:36am On Oct 24, 2012
salt 1: [size=20pt]Timijo gave ten reasons not to get a divorce. Not all the reasons [/size] so we shouldn't crucify him. He also showed he was quoting from a source and that source is obviously not Nigerian. Instead of spiting him, we can respond with our own ten reasons to get a divorce.
As far as I am concerned,marriage is holy and is for life. The only times when separation (not divorce and remarriage) may be advisable is in life-threatening situations.

Ha, and this was me scratching my head wondering whether Seun over-upgraded the NL website by mistake to www.oyingbo_market.com with all the ruckus and melee and fake weaves and fake teeths and fake limbs flailing and flying all over the thread.

Thanks for reminding me that this is "only" one thread on a forum and thankfully this is still a "forum" meaning it is "still" open to people with diverse thought process, dissenting, differing, disagreeing, dissentient dissenters, and eveything else inbetween, phew.

Please keep repping your username and keep being the SALT of the earth as you are doing wink

I see you too oh TIMIJO, ain't it funny how out of the 10 non-definitive reasons you gave, the only one people are up in arms against is the Biblical one, calling you a Bible-thumper lacking in commonsense, amongst other derogatory names you were called. Since when did anything concerning God quantifiable with our own (we human's) definition of “commonsense" eg if there is GOD, why are there wicked cruel people, why are there poor people suffering, why is there violent racism, why is their war, why is their disabled people, heck why is their defenceless, innocent disabled children, etcetera, etcetera, etcetera !!!

THE BOTTOMLINE IS, GOD'S WAYS WHICH ENCOMPASSES LOVE ARE NOT OUR WAYS, IT IS HIS BATTLE...HIS WAYS ARE UNSEARCHABLE, HE USES "SEEMINGLY" FOOLISH THINGS TO CONFOUND THE DELUDED "WISE" ONES... GOD SAYS TO ABSTAIN FROM MARRIAGE, AND RELUCTANTLY SAYS TO MARRY TO "HOLD BODY"... WHEN QUERIED ON DIVORCE, HE GRUDGINGLY AND EXASPERATINGLY REPLIES "DIVORCE ONLY ON ADULTERY GROUNDS". And there is still something called separation afterall so why are we trying to play God here or trying to undermine Him here !!! And of course there is still that thing called freewill meaning we can discount God as a silly God and instead follow Olumba Olumba or Guru Ratzmattaz!!!

Moreover, why is "longsuffering" a gift or a fruit or whatever it is (gosh where is my Bible, oh dear I still saw it on this shelf 6 weeks ago) oops embarassed BRB off to go drink my tea patiently awaiting me in the chocolate teapot I brewed it in tongue
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Busybody2(f): 9:59am On Oct 24, 2012
pendo89: nway Timijo.The reason I posted that, was to show you that NO ONE is immune to these things.
Having a close relationship with God is not even the key...

Err... You have posted about 10 gruesome marital domestic violence/homicide stories BUT none said anything about "refusal to divorce" as a cause.

Filicide, uxoricide, matricide, mariticide, patricide, and all the other 'sides is NOT only as a resultant effect of divorce. Other causative factors include loss of job, mental illness, narcotics, etc.

And before we veer into "the onset of a deliberately systematic" blah blah blah of "avoidable/preventable" domestic incidences and how those "victims" could have had the foresight to take themselves out of the situation...how about the rampant occurence of random people who attacks/kills strangers on the road "BECAUSE A VOICE IN THEIR HEAD SAYS SO" !!!
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Tgirl4real(f): 12:31pm On Oct 24, 2012
Busybody, where have you been?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 2:23pm On Oct 24, 2012
Busy_body:
Other causative factors include loss of job, mental illness, narcotics, etc.

.how about the rampant occurence of random people who attacks/kills strangers on the road "BECAUSE A VOICE IN THEIR HEAD SAYS SO" !!!

Don't you think that would a thread on its own?

I think the poster mentioned something about one's relationship with God as 'Immunity'? I actually posted what I did to prove that one's relationship with God doesn't make them immune to such crazy acts. It takes a lot of self will and control to be a great man/woman.Add God's word to that.

You will never hear me tell anybody to divorce as a solution to marital probs. No way.Because first and foremost I am a believer just like Timjo.
All other avenues of reconciliation must be exhausted first.And if that fails completely then separate.
People don't automatically go for divorce.The separation period is a period of reflection and decision making.
The courts don't even grant people a divorce right away esp where I am.They must have separated for not less than 3 years.

My conclusion is this.Go for divorce if it hits rock bottom and there's no hope of reconciling. Anything less,manage.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / Porta Potties: The Bad, Worst And Ugly. / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.