Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,730 members, 7,817,002 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:39 PM

10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink (15642 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / 'return Me To My Former Shape Before A Divorce' - Wife Tells Husband / He Reveals His True Identity And Wants A Divorce (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 4:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
nggold: @ siena

why are you wasting your precious time arguing with him. Obviously, he is a manipulative bible thumper. If you check well, his type manipulate, blackmail and abuse their wives and then use bible quotation to shut them up. Hypocrites!

I know the type, I'm just curious to see how far he's willing to go in his manipulative quest.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^ Now you're giving me ideas on a possible factual write-up I might undertake...

Understanding the workings of hypocritic and devious minds: What makes them tick? cheesy cheesy
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 4:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^^ Hey! Hey!! Hey!!! That was my idea! angry angry
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
grin grin grin
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 5:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
nggold: @ siena

why are you wasting your precious time arguing with him. Obviously, he is a manipulative bible thumper. If you check well, his type manipulate, blackmail and abuse their wives and then use bible quotation to shut them up. Hypocrites!
I think ur advice is not needed, keep it to your self and don't waste ur mb because u lack good manners of approach. I am not in support of a man mal-treating his wife by hiding under religion. I can't mal-treat my wife and I wil never do that by manipulating the scripture, God forbid, that be far from me. All am saying is that, things can be settle amicably without divorce. And if there wil be a divorce in the case of adultery or fornication, the spouse should be ready to go with the Godly condition if they are heavenly minded..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 5:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^ You're married??!! shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 5:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
Siena:

The topic says reasons not to get a divorce divorce, not people should NOT get divorced.

I've read, and there's no need to rethink, because your arguement is pretty one-sided, and clouded in bias.

I've seen the effects of remaining in an abusive, adulterous, violent and none-loving marriage. The effects are far more adverse and profound, than that left by divorce. At least a divorced couple can move on, be happy and at least remain fairly civil to each other.

Exactly. Not have you, or some other holier-than-thou person, or their "pastor" make their choices for them.

You haven't asked any questions. All you've tried to do from the onset, is make a lame attempt to ram your opinion down my throat, or that of others. You've made up your mind, so I see no reason for this thread to exist. You're after folk who can be swayed by your one-sided arguement, and you're not going to find that in me! I have my God-given brain, and use it.

People? Or some people? I think you'll find most people will prefer to cope with divorce, and whatever conditions you choose to interprete from the bible, than stick with an adulterous or violent, abusive spouse. I notice you don't touch on the physical violence side of things. In your mind, that's not valid grounds for divorce. Are you yourself married?

So you feel only a "true Christian" will advice a victim of marital violence and / or adultery to remain married? Dawwwg, listen to yourself! You sound so self-righteous and smug! Of course I would advice ANY victim of domestic violence and / or adultery to get help - not from the church, because if those in the church reason the way you do, then such victims will be doomed. I'll advice them to get Marriage Counselling, at least the advice there will be objective, looking at both sides of the coin, not one-sided and myopic like yours. If that doesn't work, then yes, divorce will be the only option, before someone gets killed!

If there's one thing I'm not, it's a hypocrite. I see things from multi-perspective, you're simply seeing things from one angle - the one that suits your interpretation mis-interpretation of the bible.

The correct title of this thread should have been - "10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce, & 10 Reasons To Get A Divorce. That would prove your analogies aren't colored by sentiment and / or bias.
You don't need to be judgemental in your approach. I am not in support of a man mal-treating his wife by hiding under religion. I can't mal-treat my wife and I wil never do that by manipulating the scripture,God forbid, that be far from me. All am saying is that, things can be settle amicably without divorce. And if there wil be a divorce in the case of adultery or fornication, the spouse should be ready to go with the Godly conditionif they are heavenly minded..
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 6:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
What ppl don't understand that level of happiness stabilizes over time.

Marriage does not bring you MORE happiness, neither does having children affect your level of happiness.

If you have high conflict activation, plz waka and divorce. If conflict activation is low, work at it.

Marriage is not bliss, it's work.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 6:26pm On Oct 22, 2012
*Ileke-IdI:
What ppl don't understand that level of happiness stabilizes over time.

Marriage does not bring you MORE happiness, neither does having children affect your level of happiness.

If you have high conflict activation, plz waka and divorce. If conflict activation is low, work at it.

Marriage is not bliss, it's work.
This is a fallacy of philosophical logic.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 1:35am On Oct 23, 2012
Daawwwg, you posted this:

Timijo: I was completely stunned when i saw
this Pics Online.
At first, i thought it was a burial
ceremony not knowing its was actually a
Wedding of a 27 Year Old Man and 83
Years Old Woman. See photo below So Pathetic, I must Confess!!! Is the
young man so daft blind that he opt for someone that is old enough to be his
Grandma?

Whats you Say about this?

Your religion teaches you to be judgemental, huh? Someone gets married, and you who apparently feels without remaining in a marriage, one is condemned to hell, and you're still not satisfied. You want the guy to divorce his wife?

Please tell me where in the Bible, God said a man MUST be older than his wife. Your actions make you a hypocrite. What's it with you and other people's marriages / relationships anyway?

https://www.nairaland.com/1076171/27-year-old-nigerian-wed-83-year-old
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 2:29am On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: This is a fallacy of philosophical logic.

My ignorant Nigerian brothers always filing things they cannot understand as fallacy.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 7:55am On Oct 23, 2012
Siena: Daawwwg, you posted this:

Your religion teaches you to be judgemental, huh? Someone gets married, and you who apparently feels without remaining in a marriage, one is condemned to hell, and you're still not satisfied. You want the guy to divorce his wife?

Please tell me where in the Bible, God said a man MUST be older than his wife. Your actions make you a hypocrite. What's it with you and other people's marriages / relationships anyway?

https://www.nairaland.com/1076171/27-year-old-nigerian-wed-83-year-old
Hey! Common! Don't be naive. What you saw is just a jape. I thought I am dicussing with a mature mind, not knowing that........ I now realise that you are just a hairsplitter. Let it be known unto you that you can never understand me by mere dicussion on the net until you have physical interraction with me and that cannot be.
You are the whited sepulchre b'cos you are happily married to your wife with 2 kids and you are here encouraging others to divorce their spouse for flimsy reason. So, you mean divorce is the only solution to a troublesome home? What if you have issues with your wife and someone advise her to divorce you, will you be happy with that person? Am sure the answer is NO. What will be your pull ahead if everybody around you become a divorcee? I have been involved in mending a marriage that is about to hit the rock and am happy that they are doing fine now. I ask again, what is your joy in breaking people's marriages?
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 9:04am On Oct 23, 2012
@Timijo,

hehehe! marriage mender indeed! I can imagine the couple, wife in this case,watch you spewing gabage all in the name of mending her marriage - "be submissive to your husbad, dont argue with him, cook for him, wash his clothes, even wipe his bum after using the toilet" of course with bible quoatation to back it up, after all he is your husband and head of your home even when its obvious the man is maltreating the wife. I pity your clients, "marriage mender"

i still maintain, you are a manipulative hypocrite.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 9:50am On Oct 23, 2012
nggold: @Timijo,

hehehe! marriage mender indeed! I can imagine the couple, wife in this case,watch you spewing gabage all in the name of mending her marriage - "be submissive to your husbad, dont argue with him, cook for him, wash his clothes, even wipe his bum after using the toilet" of course with bible quoatation to back it up, after all he is your husband and head of your home even when its obvious the man is maltreating the wife. I pity your clients, "marriage mender"

i still maintain, you are a manipulative hypocrite.
You got it wrong. You can't talk without insult. I immagine how u discus things with ur spouse, i.e if u have one. You can insult me but I wil not because I know who I am, but I wil nt b'cos I don't know you.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:00am On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: Hey! Common! Don't be naive. What you saw is just a jape.

No. What I saw was you acting out the real you. You let your mask slip, proving you're just as devious as they come, despite your self-righteous attitude on here. You're a hypocrite.

Timijo: I thought I am dicussing with a mature mind, not knowing that........ I now realise that you are just a hairsplitter.

No, you thought you were dealing with one whom you could manipulate. One you thought would accept the garbage you spew as gospel, without questioning. People like you look for others to dominate, so when you come upon people like myself, who chooses to use his brain, you come a cropper, and you don't like it. You reckon you've got a mature mind? You need to look for a mindless robot to dominate.

Timijo: Let it be known unto you that you can never understand me by mere dicussion on the net until you have physical interraction with me and that cannot be.

Oh, I understand you alright, believe me. You're one of the brainwashed few, who sees everything in black and white, not realising there are shades of grey in between. Self-righteous and bigoted to the core, else why would you even come out with this - "until you have physical interraction with me and that cannot be." Already, you're attempting to place yourself above me. How bigoted can you get? As for not having physical interraction with you, what makes you think I'd want to meet anyone of your ilk? What I can discern from the e-you is disturbing enough, so the physical you - urrrrgh!

Timijo: You are the whited sepulchre b'cos you are happily married to your wife with 2 kids and you are here encouraging others to divorce their spouse for flimsy reason.

Now, quote me where I've encouraged someone in this thread to divorce their spouse. Quote the person's user ID. Everything here is hypothetical, so unless you can come up with a person, your powers of English comprehension are as strong as your comprehension of the Bible and world-matters.

Flimsy reasons? If you call domestic violence, a wife-batterer, infidelity and adultery flimsy, then you're even more disturbed than I give you credit for. Flimsy? Even God cited INFIDELITY as valid grounds for divorce, so what the heck are you on about?

Timijo: So, you mean divorce is the only solution to a troublesome home?

What's your definition of a troublesome home? We're not talking about an arguement about who leaves the toilet seat up, who squeezes the toothpaste tube from the middle, who doesn't pull their weight about the house etc. We're talking physical violence, adultery and infidelity. So don't attempt to dress the issues down. When there's physical violence in a marriage, and all counselling has failed to resolve things (note the use of the term "COUNSELLOR", not your "pastor" or someone like you) then yes, divorce will be the best solution. Like it or not, divorce does happen, and will continue to, only a broken, brainwashed and dehumanized person will remain in a marriage, if they're married to a serial cheat, who beats them black and blue. Physical violence can come from either side.

Timijo: What if you have issues with your wife and someone advise her to divorce you, will you be happy with that person?

Stop using the word "ISSUES" and be explicit. If I was a serial cheat, and I was beating my wife at the slightest provocation, and someone adviced her to divorce me, I would shout "hallelujah"! Because if things had gotten to such a state, it would mean I wanted out of the marriage! I would shake that person's hand. Unlike you, I see no reason why a physically violent and abusive relationship, coupled with infidelity should be sustained. Hypocrisy isn't my forte, I leave that to the likes of you.

Timijo: What will be your pull ahead if everybody around you become a divorcee?

Nothing. Because why people get divorced is no business of mine. Of course, your use of "everybody" is absurd. Stick to the facts.

Timijo: I have been involved in mending a marriage that is about to hit the rock and am happy that they are doing fine now.

Hahahaha! Daawwwg, you're a joker! You "mended" a failing marriage? What did you feed the couple on, "Deluded Pills"? I'm not sure whether I should feel sorrow or pity for that couple you "allegedly" mended their marriage. Sounds like washing a white dress with black, greasy hands or trying to moisten dry skin with talcum powder. "Marriage Mender!" What did you "mend" their marriage with - a b@ng on their heads with a brick?

Timijo: I ask again, what is your joy in breaking people's marriages?

And I'll ask you again - quote me just ONE person who's marriage I've attempted to break. If you can't, then you've just proven you're a stone jerk. So take up my challenge, find one person on this thread I've attempted to break his / her marriage. If you can do so, I'll even help you polish and burnish your rapidly fading halo.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 23, 2012
Damn if I have seen Siena's posts this long before.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 10:33am On Oct 23, 2012
I like giving practical examples to people who overlook so many critical factors.

See you cannot talk about divorce when you have never been married.Only the wearer knows where the shoes pinches.

Now this is what happens when you hold on to your ground.

villagers woke up to a somber scene as news spread that their neighbor had killed his 5 children aged between 1-12 years in cold blood.

The man went berserk and killed his own children after a domestic quarrel.

Attempts by the man to kill the wife did not materialize as she managed to escape the ordeal.

The man killed his children as they slept.He later killed himself by hanging in the same room where he had killed the children.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 10:38am On Oct 23, 2012
^^^ to some people, it would have been better if the wife had died in marriage than divorcing that mentally insane man.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by pendo89(f): 10:48am On Oct 23, 2012
A middle-aged man descended on his wife and two children aged between one and a half, and two years-old with a panga killing then instantly.

His five-year-old first born son managed to escape the father's wrath and would live to tell how his kin died in the hands a man they expected to protect them.

Residents claimed that the man was bitter after the wife criticised him for failing to provide food for his family.

A soldier murdered his wife and left his stepson for dead after an argument.

The stepson who was also buried with the wife regained consciousness, walked stack naked to the neighbor’s house and reported the incident.

The soldier hit his wife with a blunt object leading to her death after a domestic squabble.

Apparently the soldier called his brother and informed him that they had had a fight with his wife and she had returned to her parent’s home.

He later dug a shallow grave and buried the two bodies naked. The boy however regained consciousness and walked out of the shallow pit.

The very children you are trying to protect will end up bearing the brunt of the domestic squabbles.Always on the receiving end. sad

Don't wait to die when it's obvious that things have hit rock bottom,cz you will be forgotten very fast.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 11:24am On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

No. What I saw was you acting out the real you. You let your mask slip, proving you're just as devious as they come, despite your self-righteous attitude on here. You're a hypocrite.

No, you thought you were dealing with one whom you could manipulate. One you thought would accept the garbage you spew as gospel, without questioning. People like you look for others to dominate, so when you come upon people like myself, who chooses to use his brain, you come a cropper, and you don't like it. You reckon you've got a mature mind? You need to look for a mindless robot to dominate.

Oh, I understand you alright, believe me. You're one of the brainwashed few, who sees everything in black and white, not realising there are shades of grey in between. Self-righteous and bigoted to the core, else why would you even come out with this - "until you have physical interraction with me and that cannot be." Already, you're attempting to place yourself above me. How bigoted can you get? As for not having physical interraction with you, what makes you think I'd want to meet anyone of your ilk? What I can discern from the e-you is disturbing enough, so the physical you - urrrrgh!

Now, quote me where I've encouraged someone in this thread to divorce their spouse. Quote the person's user ID. Everything here is hypothetical, so unless you can come up with a person, your powers of English comprehension are as strong as your comprehension of the Bible and world-matters.

Flimsy reasons? If you call domestic violence, a wife-batterer, infidelity and adultery flimsy, then you're even more disturbed than I give you credit for. Flimsy? Even God cited INFIDELITY as valid grounds for divorce, so what the heck are you on about?

What's your definition of a troublesome home? We're not talking about an arguement about who leaves the toilet seat up, who squeezes the toothpaste tube from the middle, who doesn't pull their weight about the house etc. We're talking physical violence, adultery and infidelity. So don't attempt to dress the issues down. When there's physical violence in a marriage, and all counselling has failed to resolve things (note the use of the term "COUNSELLOR", not your "pastor" or someone like you) then yes, divorce will be the best solution. Like it or not, divorce does happen, and will continue to, only a broken, brainwashed and dehumanized person will remain in a marriage, if they're married to a serial cheat, who beats them black and blue. Physical violence can come from either side.

Stop using the word "ISSUES" and be explicit. If I was a serial cheat, and I was beating my wife at the slightest provocation, and someone adviced her to divorce me, I would shout "hallelujah"! Because if things had gotten to such a state, it would mean I wanted out of the marriage! I would shake that person's hand. Unlike you, I see no reason why a physically violent and abusive relationship, coupled with infidelity should be sustained. Hypocrisy isn't my forte, I leave that to the likes of you.

Nothing. Because why people get divorced is no business of mine. Of course, your use of "everybody" is absurd. Stick to the facts.

Hahahaha! Daawwwg, you're a joker! You "mended" a failing marriage? What did you feed the couple on, "Deluded Pills"? I'm not sure whether I should feel sorrow or pity for that couple you "allegedly" mended their marriage. Sounds like washing a white dress with black, greasy hands or trying to moisten dry skin with talcum powder. "Marriage Mender!" What did you "mend" their marriage with - a b@ng on their heads with a brick?

And I'll ask you again - quote me just ONE person who's marriage I've attempted to break. If you can't, then you've just proven you're a stone jerk. So take up my challenge, find one person on this thread I've attempted to break his / her marriage. If you can do so, I'll even help you polish and burnish your rapidly fading halo.

I want u to knw dat d write up is 4 many people nd nt for u alone. If u dont lyk it, get out nd dont stand as a stumbling block. If u are nt encouraging divorce, y are u antagonising d points. U have been my antagonist al along as if I am talking to u alone. What u are clamouring for is dat couple shud divorce any tym they have misunderstanding.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 11:42am On Oct 23, 2012
haaaa, You see what i mean, you dont talk while he is talking,. if you do you have insulted him. he cant take what he is dishing out. Trust me, you cant withstand my insult if and when i start with you. continue to brainwash the low self esteem women like you "Mr. Marriage mender"

manipulative hypocrite.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: I want u to knw dat d write up is 4 many people nd nt for u alone. If u dont lyk it, get out nd dont stand as a stumbling block. If u are nt encouraging divorce, y are u antagonising d points. U have been my antagonist al along as if I am talking to u alone. What u are clamouring for is dat couple shud divorce any tym they have misunderstanding.

Daawwwg, think next time before you open a thread. It may not be for myself alone, but it's still for public consumption. I prefer to be objective, unlike yourself who started a thread, looking at just one perspective. If you'd gone for a "for" and "against", we wouldn't be having this conversation. And don't keep on liking physical violence, abuse, infidelity and adultery to "misunderstanding." Anyone with half a brain would see the difference.

As for me "getting out" on your sayso, think again, your arrogance is certainly clouding what little logical reasoning you've got left. The very fact you've chosen to quote a whole block of my post, only to post your very unrelated blurb speaks volumes. Basic comprehension skills on your part wouldn't go amiss either.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

Daawwwg, think next time before you open a thread. It may not be for myself alone, but it's still for public consumption. I prefer to be objective, unlike yourself who started a thread, looking at just one perspective. If you'd gone for a "for" and "against", we wouldn't be having this conversation. And don't keep on liking physical violence, abuse, infidelity and adultery to "misunderstanding." Anyone with half a brain would see the difference.

As for me "getting out" on your sayso, think again, your arrogance is certainly clouding what little logical reasoning you've got left. The very fact you've chosen to quote a whole block of my post, only to post your very unrelated blurb speaks volumes. Basic comprehension skills on your part wouldn't go amiss either.

I said it again, "The thread is not for u alone. So, y trying to coercion ur ill will on me and others. If u disagree with my points, check out instead of insulting me". Are u d only one who have read the write up? There are people who have shown disagreement without insult. If everybody behaves lyk u on this forum, I don't think there wil b friendship.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 12:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: I said it again, "The thread is not for u alone. So, y trying to coercion ur ill will on me and others. If u disagree with my points, check out instead of insulting me". Are u d only one who have read the write up? There are people who have shown disagreement without insult. If everybody behaves lyk u on this forum, I don't think there wil b friendship.

Only an arrogant bully would attempt to ram his / her opinions down the throat of others. And please, speak for yourself, not "others." I have the right to post my opinions, just as much as you have the right to express yours. Please define "insult." Because I haven't insulted you, I've merely stated my opinions as I see them.

If anyone's being coercive here, it's you, with your narrow-minded thought process.

Again, lateral thinking doesn't seem to be your forte - that's not an insult, before you begin whining. I'm simply stating a fact, based upon my perception of you as a person.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 12:36pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

Only an arrogant bully would attempt to ram his / her opinions down the throat of others. And please, speak for yourself, not "others." I have the right to post my opinions, just as much as you have the right to express yours. Please define "insult." Because I haven't insulted you, I've merely stated my opinions as I see them.

If anyone's being coercive here, it's you, with your narrow-minded thought process.

Again, lateral thinking doesn't seem to be your forte - that's not an insult, before you begin whining. I'm simply stating a fact, based upon my perception of you as a person.
Then stay and continue to eruct insult. I will nt insult u but u can continue to insult me as it is ur right to do so.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: Then stay and continue to eruct insult. I will nt insult u but u can continue to insult me as it is ur right to do so.

Awww! Cry baby! Then continue to misconstrue my posts, and revel in self-pity. I'll get you a glass of milk to go with your cookie.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 1:03pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

So u can't state ur opinion witout eructing insult. Go ahead and say whatever that pleases u, u gat ur vocal cavity.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Nobody: 1:17pm On Oct 23, 2012
Timijo: So u can't state ur opinion witout eructing insult. Go ahead and say whatever that pleases u, u gat ur vocal cavity.

Daawwwg. What do you class as insults? If you can't take the heat, you know what you can do. Unless you want me to spoon-feed you as well? Self-pity isn't an attractive trait to have.

Again, not an insult, just the facts as I see them.

1 Like

Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 1:21pm On Oct 23, 2012
Siena:

Daawwwg. What do you class as insults? If you can't take the heat, you know what you can do. Unless you want me to spoon-feed you as well? Self-pity isn't an attractive trait to have.

Again, not an insult, just the facts as I see them.
So clamouring for divorce and encouraging it as become facts? Facts my foot.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by EfemenaXY: 1:26pm On Oct 23, 2012
pendo89: villagers woke up to a somber scene as news spread that their neighbor had killed his [size=18pt]5[/size] children aged between 1-12 years in cold blood.

The man went berserk and killed his own children after a domestic quarrel.

Attempts by the man to kill the wife did not materialize as she managed to escape the ordeal.

The man killed his children as they slept.He later killed himself by hanging in the same room where he had killed the children.

Oh my goodness!!

Those poor, poor innocent souls! cry cry cry cry cry

pendo89: A middle-aged man descended on his wife and two children aged between one and a half, and two years-old with a panga killing then instantly.

His five-year-old first born son managed to escape the father's wrath and would live to tell how his kin died in the hands a man they expected to protect them.

Residents claimed that the man was bitter after the wife criticised him for failing to provide food for his family.

A soldier murdered his wife and left his stepson for dead after an argument.

The stepson who was also buried with the wife regained consciousness, walked stack Unclad to the neighbor’s house and reported the incident.

The soldier hit his wife with a blunt object leading to her death after a domestic squabble.

Apparently the soldier called his brother and informed him that they had had a fight with his wife and she had returned to her parent’s home.

He later dug a shallow grave and buried the two bodies Unclad. The boy however regained consciousness and walked out of the shallow pit.

@Timijo, are these examples REAL enough for you?

What advice would you have given to the deceased if they'd come to you with their problems? Or maybe, they did turn to people like you for help only to receive "Don't you dare consider divorce. Stay in there and bear it."

And before you mention prayers to me - how do you know they didn't fast and pray fervently??
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by Timijo(m): 1:50pm On Oct 23, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Oh my goodness!!

Those poor, poor innocent souls! cry cry cry cry cry

@Timijo, are these examples REAL enough for you?

What advice would you have given to the deceased if they'd come to you with their problems? Or maybe, they did turn to people like you for help only to receive "Don't you dare consider divorce. Stay in there and bear it."

And before you mention prayers to me - how do you know they didn't fast and pray fervently??
How is their relationship with their maker before these things happened? You guys are just twisting my posts. I have nt say divorce ur spouse and I did nt also say don't divorce ur spouse. If it as come to life threatening, I think there could be a separation from each other for a while pending til when d man or d woman wil come back to his or her senses. If they are believing xtians, nor of them can get marry to another person according to the word of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Re: 10 Reasons Not To Get A Divorce - Read & Have A Rethink by nggold: 1:59pm On Oct 23, 2012
@Efe,

dont you know; according to our own "marriage mender" and all the other 'marriage menders'we know, they must have told the poor women on how God does not like divorce; of course with bible quotation. 'she should be grateful that she had a husband (even though he is an animal in human form) pray ceaselessly for him, a wise woman builds her home while a foolish woman destroys it'. At the end, the women would end up destroyed like in this case.

it doesnt get better with these bible thumpers. They are the worst kind i tell ya.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Should Husbands Be Allowed Into The Labour Room? / Porta Potties: The Bad, Worst And Ugly. / How Do You Deal With A Child's Tantrum In Public Places?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.