Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,894 members, 7,814,021 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 01:36 AM

Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt (13900 Views)

Prince Eke – “I Do Not Blame Nigerians That Said My Kidnap Was A Publicity Stunt / Opinion : Why Skibii Mayana Event Cant Be A Publicity Stunt / K-Solo & Wife: Our Fight Was A Publicity Stunt (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Abujafood: 6:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
fittty: Just the same way kim kardashian gets attention too by stunting!!!! cool

That's exactly my point!
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Abujafood: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2012
Ignatio: And you think any reasonable brand that wants to attain profit would come to her for advertisement?

Seems you are the one capitalizing on her recent controversy to get traffic to your site.

Whatever!
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by tintingz(m): 6:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
Welldon tonto dike you really did it for Nigeria music. . . grin

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Load of early morning shit
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by MuNeme(m): 6:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
Viewing this topic: tintingz(m), gbadexy(m), Puntae, ecolime(m), habbi, durablekudu, jumpmasta(m), T-swit(f), zeefa, Siena247, dcal001, fishobi, sexkillz(m), Dicta18, ARES, noblezone(m), pappilo(m), martyns303(m), wellmax(m), Dnaz, fittty(m), Allbiz, k.fako, soochukwu, inwangobio, James456, kolo007, QueenAw(f), moodswing(m), landon(m), aze, confieey(m), yorke(m), Iykecollins(m), D_Ben, yunafa(f), Chibuzo-Ikenna(m), chiomagold, kaylight12(m), Alecia.M(f), boneruns(m), elampiro(m), chocolat37, slimark, PRODUTIM1(m), Plantain_Boy(m), brixton(m), tobiorire, Abujafood, tjslow, Super1759, violent(m), juman(m),
kidd211, Garri_Activist(m) and 50 guest(s)

More than 100 persons following this topic and soon some will say she's not popular!
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2012
How does dis reduce d price of my first name undecided
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by ArQueBusieR(m): 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2012
Enough of this hullabaloo, already! There's terrorism, there's the crazy black hole experiment which could swallow us all, there's climate change, there are new viruses everywhere - the list is endless. Wasting time on trivial things and mediocre people. SMH!!!
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by seuntola: 6:45pm On Oct 20, 2012
Brb cheesy
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 6:49pm On Oct 20, 2012
mschew. publicity stunt my foot! grin

she was seriously considering being a singer.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by ajf(m): 7:01pm On Oct 20, 2012
Oh I see!! No wonder Vic O is now a renowned multi-millionaire mtcheeeewwwwwww...

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Ignatio(m): 7:12pm On Oct 20, 2012
In countries like like USA Kim Kardashian, Amber Rose and co create controversy to make money in Nigeria the likes of Tonto just do it to get ordinary attention. Smh

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2012
ajf: Oh I see!! No wonder Vic O is now a renowned multi-millionaire mtcheeeewwwwwww...

VIC OOOOOOOOO grin grin grin

thats my buddy!
best source of entertainment when you are having a bad day!! grin

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 20, 2012
*Kails*:

VIC OOOOOOOOO grin grin grin

thats my buddy!
best source of entertainment when you are having a bad day!! grin
swear down, when I'm down, I just play After Party or Why Evils...instant remedy.
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by toprealman: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2012
Abujafood: Tonto Dike, a Nollywood actress turned musician is generally percieved by Nigerians as arrogant and annoying. It seems Nigerians will have to add influential and smart to their list of adjectives to describe her due to her recent brilliant publicity stunt. In the last 48 hours, since the release of her single “hi” from her album titled “itz Ova" on Wednesday 17th October, she’s been the hot trending topic on various Social Media platforms and for good reason too. Jokes and insults about the song have been exchanged from descriptions of her song sounding like the "screen muncher" blackberry application to listners begging for therapy and even death. Despite these strong reactions, there's no doubt that Tonto Dike is about to make some serious cash. Here are a few reasons why I think Tonto Dike is a PR genius;

Tonto Dike is smart enough to know that there is a market for music that is on the terrible and humorous side. Afterall she is not the first Nigerian artist to market 'wack' music – Vic O who incidentally is Tonto’s friend and mentor - is a veteran when it comes to releasing wack music and making easy money from it. Vic O paved the way for Tonto Dike to turn a potentially terrible music venture into a money spinner.

The song itself is a masterpiece when it comes to the hall of ‘utter rubbish’ fame. The lyrics are disgraceful, the melody is very poor and the vocals are horrible. Obviously, Tonto Dike doesn’t give a hoot what people say or think of it. Why should she? When she knows most people are having a good laugh. No she understands her game with the cold rationale of a gambler.

Before releasing her collection of ‘wack' songs, Tonto had about 92,000 followers on Twitter. Guess what happened in less than 48 hours? She now has over 98,000 followers and more are joining her.

Before releasing her music Tonto would spit fire for fire to anyone who insulted her on Twitter. Now she gladly re-tweets every insult or mention directed at her Twitter handle @Tontolet. So what does this mean for Tonto's career? Will she be smiling to the bank with her now bankable Twitter following or is she just living out her five minutes of fame that will soon fade?

The answers to these questions can only be revealed in time. But what is certain is the more people talk about her on Twitter, the more her handle is seen and the more people will follow, mention and favorite things about her. Tonto Dike is simply a Twitter demi-god in the making and a potential mega brand ambassador. Being an 'influencer' on Twitter is very lucrative as big brands are willing to pay you money to tweet promotional stuff about them. Ask our very own Japheth Omojuwa, a popular political blogger who charges N10,000 per tweet because of his 40,000 strong following.

Celebrities court controversy for different reasons. In this case, it seems the reason is to grow a strong and influential brand name that can create an income. Despite the controversy and insults towards this young lady, one things for sure, she is hot right now.

Source: http://www.abujafood.com/lifestyle/music-a-entertainment/962-tonto-dikes-money-spinning-publicity-stunt-.html
I suppose this is also another publicity stunt by you or am I wrong?

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 20, 2012
Abujafood:

Very wrong Abujafood has nothing to do with Tonto Dike
U are under tonto's damage control pay roll, there is nothing wrong with it. Its called hustle... I can relate to that

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by sleeky8(m): 8:00pm On Oct 20, 2012
@op what you dont know is that Nigerian musicians get their money from the shows they get to perform and not from the actual sale of their musical cds. In alaba intl, cds are sold for 50naira.
That being said, will you pay 5k to go watch a show where tonto dikeh will be performing?

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
MuNeme: Viewing this topic: tintingz(m), gbadexy(m), Puntae, ecolime(m), habbi, durablekudu, jumpmasta(m), T-swit(f), zeefa, Siena247, dcal001, fishobi, sexkillz(m), Dicta18, ARES, noblezone(m), pappilo(m), martyns303(m), wellmax(m), Dnaz, fittty(m), Allbiz, k.fako, soochukwu, inwangobio, James456, kolo007, QueenAw(f), moodswing(m), landon(m), aze, confieey(m), yorke(m), Iykecollins(m), D_Ben, yunafa(f), Chibuzo-Ikenna(m), chiomagold, kaylight12(m), Alecia.M(f), boneruns(m), elampiro(m), chocolat37, slimark, PRODUTIM1(m), Plantain_Boy(m), brixton(m), tobiorire, Abujafood, tjslow, Super1759, violent(m), juman(m),
kidd211, Garri_Activist(m) and 50 guest(s)

More than 100 persons following this topic and soon some will say she's not popular!
Clifford orji was equally popular in his time

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by bamosagie(m): 8:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
Super1759: so one would earn more money and popularity good enough for a career by doing negative things. Maybe,in years to come after the music thing had gone down, she can go act por***phy. With that the whole world will know her in splits of seconds

Are you sure she hasn't done that yet? Just asking.

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by toshmann(m): 8:21pm On Oct 20, 2012
Nice try tonto dike fans. Guess what, if she wants instant publicity, all she has to do is pose naked somewhere. It costs nothing and she'll be all over the blogosphere.

Fact is, she tried to go into music but failed woefully. It's her first attempt though, so she may be forgiven. Though that will be hard Bc first impression has no second chance. But to come here and claim she did it to get attention. . . . ughhh. Try another line.

She could sing rubbish but pose naked on the album. Or smoke marijuana. Or say something outrageous about religion. There are a million ways to get cheap publicity. Not by exhibiting some crack voice on mumbo-jumbo song that makes no sense. grin

1 Like

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Lanreclassic(m): 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2012
Seun: You think she did it for 6,000 followers?
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Airpure(f): 9:35pm On Oct 20, 2012
If Dbanj can do it then she can. Its all about d beat n being an entertainer abi
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Elgaxton(m): 9:38pm On Oct 20, 2012
I think she simply wants to follow Lady Gaga's style wink
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by chucky234(m): 9:58pm On Oct 20, 2012
The funny thing about Tonto is that those who hate her can't help but love her for one reason or another.
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Zico0(m): 10:02pm On Oct 20, 2012
She no good she no good, w'ill see hw long this thread turns out in the end.
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by adewaleafolabi(m): 10:22pm On Oct 20, 2012
Richfella: "Every time am railed at, I get my own quota of renown" ------- Pietro Artino.

"The only thing worse than being talked about is not being talked about". ------ Oscar Wilde.

"There's no such thing as bad publicity except your own obituary grin." --------- Brendan Behan

Even an obituary isn't bad publicity, it has some uses. For instance, its customary for (known) artiste or artist works to appreciate after they die.
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by yoji: 11:27pm On Oct 20, 2012
If it was a publicity stunt, she wud hv released one song not two.
Aluu is popular aint it? So who's planning to go there?
She fooled hersef and has been an object of mockery ever since, so wat does she stand to gain by being a laughin stock?

2 Likes

Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Damon03(m): 12:46am On Oct 21, 2012
chucky234: The funny thing about Tonto is that those who hate her can't help but love her for one reason or another.
bwuhahahaha. This got me laughing. "cant help but love her for one reason or another"?? Dude, speak for urself!!
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Damon03(m): 12:57am On Oct 21, 2012
Nice thread, a good attempt by an 'hardened' fan(most likely) of tonto dike to console himself that his favorite actress dint just mess up. undecided undecided undecided Not with much luck tho. But hey u could av just wished her better luck next time grin grin And in ur quest to prove she's doing it deliberately I say, better luck next time. Nt to worry tho, some folks will swallow this one too. kiss
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by atuboweke(m): 1:38am On Oct 21, 2012
Funny enough, I am a victim of the above. I'v downloaded her music uncountabe times unintentionally, just to analyse it. if tonto is yoruba by tribe I'll say she dey use juju, cos whenever I see any post about her I aways struggle not to comment but I'll end up commenting. Her latest music swept of topics like Aluu4, dame GEJ's return, flood, GEJ budget, Obama's debate etc..I over heard two mature ladies seriosly arguUing over tonto in a banking hall o friday
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by albacete(m): 5:13am On Oct 21, 2012
toprealman:
I suppose this is also a publicity by you or am I wrong?
[size=15pt] U mean u had to quote d whole article for this?
SMH
[/size]
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 21, 2012
6th Law Of Power

''Caught Attention At All Cost''

#She'sReadingThinzIGuess
Re: Tonto Dike's Brilliant Publicity Stunt by jigawatts(m): 11:33am On Oct 21, 2012
plendil: IT doesn't fit this case.

If Tonto Dike wanted more publicity, especially the negative kind, she's all too familiar with the technique: provide salacious scenes of her flesh for viewers to feast on in a flick. . .and presto, publicity!

The bottom line as far as I'm concerned is that this song is a horrendous miscalculation on her part. She was obvious unaware of just how bad it is. What possible advantage could more twitter followers, especially those calling for her pretty but empty head, have?

She just flowing with tide of negative criticism to give the impression that it was planned all along -it's clear it wasn't.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Video Copilot Element 3d Opengl Error Fix / 'At What Age Should Kids Be Allowed Unsupervised Internet Acess'-Uche Jombo Asks / Toke Makinwa Stunning In New Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.