Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,173 members, 7,821,979 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:22 PM

Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member (13440 Views)

Response To Attack On Healthcare Professionals Due To Death Of Uniport Student / American Police Kill Another Citizen. Where Is Amnesty International? / Boko-Haram Gunmen Kill 12 At Wedding Party.... DEAD HUMANS [PHOTO] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by semid4lyfe(m): 6:29am On Oct 20, 2012
By Ernest Chinwo

Two weeks after four students of the University of Port Harcourt (UNIPORT) were killed by a mob in Omuokiri, Aluu, tragedy struck in another host community of the institution as unknown gunmen killed another student of the school, his girlfriend and an ex-member of the National Youth Service Corps.

The incident occurred at Rumuchakara village in Choba community, the major host community of the university.

THISDAY gathered that the former corps member, who only passed out on Thursday, decided to celebrate his graduation from the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) with his friends.

The ex-corps member was said to have gone out with the two friends to celebrate his graduation from the service and were returning from the outing when the car they were driving in skidded off the road and ran into a shop in the village.

Though no life was lost after the accident, an argument was said to have ensued between the owner of the shop and the occupants of the car.

It was at that point that some men in an SUV arrived at the scene of the incident and opened fire on the crowd, killing the ex-corps member, the Uniport student and his girl friend, on the spot.

According to an eyewitness who would not give his name, “The corps member and his friends were drunk while driving and their vehicle ran into a shop. There was a serious argument between them and the owner of the shop.

“Within a short time, a group of men in an SUV came out and opened fire on the three persons, who died on the spot. The gunmen immediately drove away without any challenge.”
The names of those killed by the gunmen could not be ascertained as at the time of filing this report.

Reacting to the incident, the institution’s public relations officer, Dr. Williams Wodi, said the university was shut down while students were asked to leave the hostels and go back to their various homes.

Wodi explained that the reason for such directive was for the management of the institution to re-evaluate the security situation on campus, adding that he was not in a position to speak for students expected to be currently under their parents’ care.

Confirming the incident, the state’s police public relations officer, Mr. Ben Ugwuegbulam, said security agencies had begun investigations into the matter.

Ugwuegbulam said the incident occurred around 9.30pm on Thursday. He assured the public that those behind the killings would be apprehended and brought to justice

http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/gunmen-kill-another-uniport-student-ex-corps-member/128214/
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by ijawkid(m): 6:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Wahala upÓn wahÀla.......

Who could this killers be I wonder.....
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 20, 2012
Na wa o! Wetin pesin wan talk for this case now? Too bad they were drunk and decided to drive.RIP to them anyway. embarassed
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by gidola(m): 6:36am On Oct 20, 2012
So much bad news coming from PH
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by jude33084(m): 6:37am On Oct 20, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed sad
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by hydoo(m): 6:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Naija,,,GOD save our country

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by saddler: 6:37am On Oct 20, 2012
Can any good news come out of this country?especially Uniport?

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by candieangel12(f): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Tragedy upon tragedy. Here is to hoping for a better Nigeria
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Yujin(m): 6:39am On Oct 20, 2012
Death is still lurking in and around Uniport. Any sensible student should go home now. RIP to the dead.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2012
undecided
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 20, 2012
The Kilers must be from ALLU Murdering Kingdom

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by 001solar(m): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2012
May God help us ooooo RIP to the dead
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by chelseabmw(m): 6:43am On Oct 20, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by question(m): 6:45am On Oct 20, 2012
Probably another cult activity. But I cant seem to link the accident, argument and the shooting/killing.

4 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Digriz(m): 6:45am On Oct 20, 2012
The guys that opened fire on them must hv bn trailing them, which might hv prompted the students to drive recklessly inorder to beat them. RIP

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by obicentlis: 6:46am On Oct 20, 2012
Why all these killings? Is there no more value for human lives in Nigeria? Killings everywhere! North,south, west, east, nowhere is spared. Can't we all come together,forgive ourselves and resolve to live together and love one another. We can do that my people!

3 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by FOREXMART(m): 6:46am On Oct 20, 2012
What an ALUUMnistic ALUUMnism!!!!! This is ALLUMINATII in action.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Super1759: 6:47am On Oct 20, 2012
berem: Na wa o! Wetin pesin wan talk for this case now? Too bad they were drunk and decided to drive.RIP to them anyway. embarassed
seriously,I don't know when we, the nigerian youths will learn lessons,Driving drunk. Is this the best way of celebration? Getting drunk. RIP anyway
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by xcubed(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2012
001solar: May God help us ooooo RIP to the dead

This is why you should always be smart, sorry for their plight, it's a sad case. But I served in Plateau sate and just passed out. I told God that I needed just one more favor: To let me leave the state safely at all cost the same day I passed out.

You have your certificate already and you know the devil strikes at times like this then you should watch where you go and how you move. It's well, what's the use of the certificate now?!.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by solomto(f): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2012
Digriz: The guys that opened fire on them must hv bn trailing them, which might hv prompted the students to drive recklessly inorder to beat them. RIP
my thought as well.
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by slap1(m): 6:49am On Oct 20, 2012
berem: Na wa o! Wetin pesin wan talk for this case now? Too bad they were drunk and decided to drive.RIP to them anyway. embarassed
Don't always believe these blind eye witnesses. Were the ALUU 4 not cultists/robbers before they turned innocent? I pity the corper most. The others should have gone home since the school is not in session. RIP to them.
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 20, 2012
Pls when things like this keep happening, some action should be taken for goodness sake! Lets say when things like this happen, its someone job to protect ppl. Someone has to be laid off his job or made to resign! ofcourse as usual police wont investigate or even find nobody instead a special force like sss or army will be sent,as afri ca military they will surly abuse the power.
After aluu case a.d this one again , someone inthe head of security should simple be laid off or force to resign.
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Francuiz: 6:50am On Oct 20, 2012
Outcome of disobedience. RIP to the dead
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by slap1(m): 6:59am On Oct 20, 2012
Digriz: The guys that opened fire on them must hv bn trailing them, which might hv prompted the students to drive recklessly inorder to beat them. RIP
Seems unlikely, unless they weren't aware. If they were, they wouldn't have argued with the shop owner.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Igweka(m): 7:00am On Oct 20, 2012
I suspected foul play,how can only the three friend been killed, the information is they open on them and killd the three while the owner of shop and others was spared. They need to be investigated.

1 Like

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by Burger01(m): 7:05am On Oct 20, 2012
I think its time we pray..
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by solomto(f): 7:06am On Oct 20, 2012
slap1: Seems unlikely, unless they weren't aware. If they were, they wouldn't have argued with the shop owner.
u made a point here bt those killers were assasins.
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by fairygeh(f): 7:08am On Oct 20, 2012
Na wa ooooo,what?why?how?can?shall?please?infact i am so short of words,i wl comment later. angry
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by mikuz(m): 7:12am On Oct 20, 2012
This is really going to stretch things. Uniport is boiling!
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by MznAirA(f): 7:14am On Oct 20, 2012
Igweka: I suspected foul play,how can only the three friend been killed, the information is they open on them and killd the three while the owner of shop and others was spared. They need to be investigated.

Abi oh!!! That makes the story very fishy
Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by oubi: 7:16am On Oct 20, 2012
xcubed:

This is why you should always be smart, sorry for their plight, it's a sad case. But I served in Plateau sate and just passed out. I told God that I needed just one more favor: To let me leave the state safely at all cost the same day I passed out.

You have your certificate already and you know the devil strikes at times like this then you should watch where you go and how you move. It's well, what's the use of the certificate now?!.

Ʊ ђa√ع ūя̲̅ certificate already, do Ʊ fly to heaven? undecided
Ʊ ђa√ع stayed in plateau for almost a year aπd notin happened to Ʊ..pple ђa√ع stayed in safer places aπd smtin still happened to em. So stop sounding like Ʊ can acertain future events. No where is safe even ūя̲̅ papa house.

2 Likes

Re: Gunmen Kill Another UNIPORT Student, Ex-corps Member by zinosleek(m): 7:16am On Oct 20, 2012
The shop owners and those people arund involved in d argument should be held as suspects. How come only d 3 of them was shot when they claim the men from the SUV shot at random. Too much loopholes in the story.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

N'Assembly Speakership; Niger APC Dumps Umar Bago For Gbajabiamila / NDDC: Senate Panel Recommends Dissolution Of IMC / Stella Oduah Dumps PDP For APGA - PoliticsNGR

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.