Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,742 members, 7,809,837 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:45 PM

What's Your Take On Court Marriage? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What's Your Take On Court Marriage? (10628 Views)

Why Are Ladies Going For Court Marriage Than Men? / Can Lack Of Trust Make A Lady Insist On Court Marriage? / When Your Fiancee Is Insisting On Court Weeding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by jhydebaba(m): 10:51am On Oct 21, 2012
Mynd_44:
Dem call you? Wetin concern gateway with wetin madam dey cook?
Mynd ur biz abi u think say I go short ur ration No worry I go pass u leftover tongue
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Burger01(m): 11:45am On Oct 21, 2012
Oh my God!!! Now I'm getting scared of marriage.. I don develop cold feet o. But, my peeps, se na by force or by choice I get married ni?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo: @op
I rada make my trad wedding d Big Deal, den move on to do a marriage blessing afterwards. Simples!!
So You never Marry? And I been dey dig ur witty-ness.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Excellent7(m): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2012
smallvill: mind you we are not in London nor America, court marriage is good just because of documentation for embassies etc, but do not think that in Nigeria, I mean the Nigeria that I know, that court marriage can be used to hold a man.
@smallvill, you are just on point. Reminds me of a lady bank manager that was acting up in her marriage and flaunting the "I was married in the court thing" to her lawyer husband, and got the short end of the stick. Most times its babes with this mindset that scatter their nest and then reality sets in. A married lady's insurance in this climes is the love and respect of your husband you have earned, not any piece of paper, or any predatory aim at a guy's fortune you might not have contributed a dime to.
Even in some US States now, you get part of your spouses' worth, but only what he/she made from when you got married!! Possibly the facebook guy, was informed in going public b4fore wedding!!!
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 11:49am On Oct 21, 2012
At OP
you are an embarassment to nigeria.in this 2012 u r using the word court marriage.who the hell goes to court to get married?
Is it not your local goverment secetariat you go to and sign the marriage register? Or do you go to the court in ur LGA? SO guys even if you vet wedded in the church you still sign the register and get a marriage certifi ate.Now why should a man or woman be scare of registering their marriage?why should you have divorce in ur mind b4U get married?to be honest witb you its the family of the well to do amongs the union that is more worried and against the legal registration of marriage in Nigeria cos they think if anything happe s ie of thier son who is very rich pwns loads of biz n cars plus hoises and cash dies.they are entitled to some of those riches .now why should they when the widowed has kids,a woce or busband that need to carry on?,I recon thats what we shojld focus on more.PS stop using the word COIRT MARRIAGE it dont exist.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by virginvampire(m): 11:51am On Oct 21, 2012
Girls who do white wedding usually gets jilted.........but court wedding might signal some sort of maturity.......what matters is maturity cos even when mature u can wed before just ur dad,mum and pastor and ur marraige lasts 50yrs
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by dBard: 11:57am On Oct 21, 2012
vivian chinaza:

First of all, why would I go into marriage thinking of divorce or what I'd get out of the divorce?

Second of it all, when a church is lawful, as in incorporated, its certificate is binding! Take for instance, the catholic church.

Take a journey to welfare offices and you will shut up on court marriage makes it hard for you to get dumped. When a man makes up his mind to dump you? There is nothing any one can do about that, some men value their peace of mind to material things.

Lastly, if I really do something that warrants a man dumping me, fine and my bad, I'd take the blame for that, bear the consequences for my action and suck it up! But if he just decides to dump me for no reason? HIS LOSS!

u,mademoiselle, are one sensible lady.. Nice reply
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by vivianc(f): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2012
virgin_vampire: Girls who do white wedding usually gets jilted.........but court wedding might signal some sort of maturity.......what matters is maturity cos even when mature u can wed before just ur dad,mum and pastor and ur marraige lasts 50yrs

Like seriously?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
court wedding is not compulsory, but some multinational prefer your marriage certificate to be one recognized by a court of authority.
If a guy is afraid of court marriage then i believe the guy has something in his' sleeve that he is hiding. According to Vivian, why should you go into a marriage thinking about divorce. The money you want to save is more important than the marriage or being together i presumed.
Let us come of it! I will advice you don't get married to anybody you don't trust and trust anybody you get married to.
even with the court marriage, if any man wants to leave a woman, he can decide to sell all his property b4 the woman will know and open another account and move his' wealth there.
Above all- TRUST YOURSELF. SHE IS PART OF YOU. THE BIBLE SAYS "THEY WERE NAKED AND WERE NOT ASHAMED"

3 Likes

Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by dBard: 12:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
this is d reason marriages dnt last anymore. ppl go into marriage only after ensuring d exit doors open. court,white or trad,whatever's d individuals choice;it should b f right reasons not as an insurance policy..
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Mynd44: 12:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
jhydebaba: Mynd ur biz abi u think say I go short ur ration No worry I go pass u leftover tongue
you dey find wahala abi?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by disloman(m): 12:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Rice ke? I prepared d most luxurious food in town, u go chop eba? grin
with what?can't stop laughing
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: So You never Marry? And I been dey dig ur witty-ness.
Ur point is? U want corner application abi? undecided
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Mynd44: 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
The guy na smart guy
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
disloman: with what?can't stop laughing
Wiv efo riro! Make I dish ur own join? cheesy
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 12:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mynd_44:
The guy na smart guy
U sabi d person u get na! I operate on a Oversabi level. cool
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Mynd44: 12:39pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
U sabi d person u get na! I operate on a Oversabi level. cool
E no go wan die na
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
gzib: court wedding is not compulsory, but some multinational prefer your marriage certificate to be one recognized by a court of authority.
If a guy is afraid of court marriage then i believe the guy has something in his' sleeve that he is hiding. According to Vivian, why should you go into a marriage thinking about divorce. The money you want to save is more important than the marriage or being together i presumed.
Let us come of it! I will advice you don't get married to anybody you don't trust and trust anybody you get married to.
even with the court marriage, if any man wants to leave a woman, he can decide to sell all his property b4 the woman will know and open another account and move his' wealth there.
Above all- TRUST YOURSELF. SHE IS PART OF YOU. THE BIBLE SAYS "THEY WERE
NAKED AND WERE NOT ASHAMED"

stop using the term COURT MARRIAGE it dont exist Im guessing U r educated anough to know that
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by erico2k2(m): 12:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
virgin_vampire: Girls who do white wedding usually gets jilted.........but court wedding might signal some sort of maturity.......what matters is maturity cos even when mature u can wed before just ur dad,mum and pastor and ur marraige lasts 50yrs
who have you seen that goes to the coirt to get married? Or have you been to ome?I like to know
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Lolaabokoku(f): 1:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
i wonder why u guys hates 2 register ur marriage in d court,, for fear of sharing ur property in future Lfmao
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Maybe?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:17pm On Oct 21, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: Maybe?
Oh yea? Dis is interesting...
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
erico2k2:
who have you seen that goes to the coirt to get married? Or have you been to ome?I like to know
erico2k2:

stop using the term COURT MARRIAGE it dont exist Im guessing U r educated anough to know that

Ye Mogbe!!! U go fear comprehension mehn!! And na dis same Mr Oga wey blow us ngbatic talk d bolded? I laugh in my Indian accent *nehinehinehinehi*
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oh yea? Dis is interesting...[/quote] y do girls enjoy men chasing them when we can just meet knowing what we both want and go for it. Instead you/dem go dey wait make the guy say the right things(lie) and do the right things(fake out)?
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: Oh yea? Dis is interesting... y do girls enjoy men chasing them when we can just meet knowing what we both want and go for it. Instead you dem go dey wait make the guy say the right things(lie) and do the right things(fake out)?

Bros! Is everything ok? Y u dey use spit shower me na! undecided
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:30pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
Bros! Is everything ok? Y u dey use spit shower me na! undecided
and this is part of the reason I like u.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by MariaGoretti: 1:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
I think whichever place, whether the court or church, you want your marital status registered, depends entirely on you and your mate. Afterall, there was a time when it was just Traditional marriage ceremony...then, christianity came to be, you have the church marriage..and now, court marriage...who knows what next?...still, people dont do all..they make their choice from the three.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by jhydebaba(m): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Mynd_44:
you dey find wahala abi?
Wahala dey ur possession Abi u don monopolize wahala U be PSquare
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by candieangel12(f): 1:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Before I marry a guy he has 2 propose 2 me in this way:

Take me out 2 a nice candle lit dinner with roses and wine and champagne. After eating the dinner we go 4 a nice long walk on the beach with the sun smiling down on us. We will be barefooted and holding hands. When I get tired of walking then he will carry me in his arms until we reach the skydiving place. Then we get on the skydiving plane and jump out of the plane and both of us land on our feet in a nice field. On the field there will be roses on the ground spelling out "i luv u". N there will b a band playin sum romantic music. N then I turn around 2 face him n he is already kneeling down with a ring in his hand n he says "babe, we have been together thru thick and thin, we have had our ups and downs, but one thing is certain, I want to spend the rest of my life wit you, will u make me d luckiest man on earth by marryin me?" N then I will start crying and say "Yes my love yes" then he will put the ring on my finger, hug n kiss me. N the band is still playin music so we dance a lil bit n then head home 4 a nice round of fukcn. That is my perfect proposal....hopefully ill meet a guy that will agree to all these conditions. Lol grin

After every every then we fit go 2 court n do court wedding.
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2012
Asiwaju9ja: and this is part of the reason I like u.
grin grin grin
Ur own craze no get part 2 I swear!
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Idowuogbo(f): 1:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12: Before I marry a guy he has 2 propose 2 me in this way:

Take me out 2 a nice candle lit dinner with roses and wine and champagne. After eating the dinner we go 4 a nice long walk on the beach with the sun smiling down on us. We will be barefooted and holding hands. When I get tired of walking then he will carry me in his arms until we reach the skydiving place. Then we get on the skydiving plane and jump out of the plane and both of us land on our feet in a nice field. On the field there will be roses on the ground spelling out "i luv u". N there will b a band playin sum romantic music. N then I turn around 2 face him n he is already kneeling down with a ring in his hand n he says "babe, we have been together thru thick and thin, we have had our ups and downs, but one thing is certain, I want to spend the rest of my life wit you, will u make me d luckiest man on earth by marryin me?" N then I will start crying and say "Yes my love yes" then he will put the ring on my finger, hug n kiss me. N the band is still playin music so we dance a lil bit n then head home 4 a nice round of fukcn. That is my perfect proposal....hopefully ill meet a guy that will agree to all these conditions. Lol grin
See dis 1! He MUST? U read a lot of fairytale i guess...Na Hercules u wan marry? undecided
Re: What's Your Take On Court Marriage? by Asiwaju9ja(m): 1:42pm On Oct 21, 2012
Idowuogbo:
grin grin grin
Ur own craze no get part 2 I swear!
Make we no derail this thread. Later Babes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

This Guy Must Be Crazy... / My Facebook Friend Just Posted After Sex Photo Of Wife SEE / Men Only: You Don Try This Level Before ? How E Dey Be ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.