Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,035 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:09 AM

10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married (14032 Views)

10 Good Reasons You Should Not Date A Married Man. / 8 Things You Should Never Do For A Lover You’ve Not Married / Why Are You Not Married Yet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
ogugua88: Yep. 1, 5, and 10. No be crime.
na lie o! You never jam sha.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by debomb: 2:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
... and then there is one more.

Some have tasted what it means to love and just would not settle for any conditional union if it's not real. No amount of bling would they ever trade for love.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Born2beRich1(m): 2:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
People are not married yet simply becos they are more focused on making money, wanna get a nice car, nice building/appartment just to show off..then wen dey are almost 50yrs dey start chasing anthing in skirt all becos dey nw want to marry..
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by dagr8(m): 2:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
Burger01: Kai!! O ma se o. None of the above. Still battling with genotype wahala. I can't let her go cos we love each other. Damn genotype, I just decided I'm gonna marry her. By my faith all will be well. Please, wish me well o...
Guy, i advise u dont create extraa trouble/ expenses for yourself because of emotions u call "LOVE". My brother is battling with two SS children right now dat drain his account when their crisis starts. Apart from the fact that you their parents will be troubled, wat about d pain the innocent kids u brought into the world wil b xperiencing.

6 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by chukxy44(m): 3:40pm On Oct 21, 2012
The Only reason am not yet married is because I am yet to save enough to raise a family.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by OyelakinSaheed: 3:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am not yet maried because I gat no job for now coupled with d fact dat my babe is still in scul
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Burger01(m): 4:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
dagr8:
Guy, i advise u dont create extraa trouble/ expenses for yourself because of emotions u call "LOVE". My brother is battling with two SS children right now dat drain his account when their crisis starts. Apart from the fact that you their parents will be troubled, wat about d pain the innocent kids u brought into the world wil b xperiencing.
OK. Thanks a mil. Appreciated. It's difficult though but I would try. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 4:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
brokoto: na lie o! You never jam sha.

For your mind.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by UmericanGirl(f): 4:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
omotolsy: wats ur definition of ugly ?

I was just being sarcastic. I think everybody has beauty.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by hollypagan: 5:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
Iam not a homosexual but i dnt like women iam comfortable in masturbating hahahaha i dnt want to get married
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Elebiju: 5:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Burger01: Kai!! O ma se o. None of the above. Still battling with genotype wahala. I can't let her go cos we love each other. Damn genotype, I just decided I'm gonna marry her. By my faith all will be well. Please, wish me well o...
hmmmmm I feel for u o,this kinda love is very rare I pray Ūя FAITH doesn't work!when u start bearing sickle cell carriers u will now turn to spite God that he gave u problematic children, ah I tire for our belief and mentality o hun.

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by DSB(m): 5:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
Money and the desire to only answer to myself. Yeah that's selfish but I like it that way. Will eventually give in someday sha when Konji eventually tries to kill me...cos I won't be able to stay a virgin forever
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 5:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
ogugua88:

For your mind.
dont worry sha. Soon you'll be singing a different song.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by NOPET: 6:08pm On Oct 21, 2012
i finished service last year,came to lagos to look for job but could only see a teaching job that pay me only 24000 after tax and i just got a room apartment last 2months,Augus to be precise... So tell me how will i even dream of suffering my wife and kids all because of marriage? I have my ICAN exam and my Msc to save for befor thinking about marriage... I need a beta job first
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by vislabraye(m): 6:11pm On Oct 21, 2012
Amya: None of the above is applicable to me. I'm not married simply because I've not met the person I want to spend the REST of my life with.

Are you the right person for someone else to spend the rest of his life with?

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
brokoto: dont worry sha. Soon you'll be singing a different song.

For your mind.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Arrowman(m): 6:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
booqee: ^can i get a summarised version??
who knows if u are a victim already...learn to praise b4 condemning booqe!!
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by MIB1(m): 8:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
Smart jeezy: I don't know the one to pick out of my 12 girlfriends....
na die u dey so my brother
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by victorian(f): 8:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
honestly i cant place my fingers on it....i guess deep down, av become scared of d whole setup , i see these days in marriage. sad
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 9:31pm On Oct 21, 2012
Forget about me and ask Seun why he is not married.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by highlandre(m): 9:34pm On Oct 21, 2012
I'm not married because there's no deadline for marriage. I prefer God to lead me, rather than give in to some stupid pressure from every here and there.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by UmericanGirl(f): 12:39am On Oct 22, 2012
didadavid: Forget about me and ask Seun why he is not married.

He is married to Nairaland smiley
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Timijo(m): 1:32am On Oct 22, 2012
UmericanGirl:

He is married to Nairaland smiley
That's is an over statement.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Sotty05(f): 1:58am On Oct 22, 2012
-
Pls if its d AS -AS issue,my candid advise is u guys shd move on so u don't bring in kids who might suffer besides the emotional and financial struggle accompanied withe such kids usually take a toil on d union.gdluck all d same
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by fennels007(m): 5:01am On Oct 22, 2012
the above summarized my situation. And it is common among self-employed graduates like me (or jobless graduates). If one can get a steady (& secured) source of income (no matter the level of the income) and get a good place to live in, then you'll be proud to propose. So money is the cause.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by fennels007(m): 5:10am On Oct 22, 2012
you already know, my friend u beter opt out now! She is neither d only one in ur little world nor you are d only man in her world. I will nt wish u anything! Better go back 4ur own benefit.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by bknight: 5:38am On Oct 22, 2012
holly-pagan:
Iam not a homosexual but i dnt like women iam comfortable in masturbating hahahaha i dnt want to get married

Friend, you have not felt the pangs of loneliness. With time, With time...
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 22, 2012
Mynd_44: Too long. There is no way in hell I am reading that

Quit acting selfish & boyish pls. people make out time to read your long burning cold story, only for u to parade around threads derailing them with ur usual its too long, its this n that comments...y cnt u learn to stop derailing ppls threads, its not a must to comment, sometimes reserve it so ur cohorts dnt follow suit to derail the thread.

BTW, this is just a honest advice pls dnt tke to hrt rather take to brain smiley
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by Nobody: 8:19am On Oct 22, 2012
Born 2be Rich: People are not married yet simply becos they are more focused on making money, wanna get a nice car, nice building/appartment just to show off..then wen dey are almost 50yrs dey start chasing anthing in skirt all becos dey nw want to marry..

lol, u made a good point, but...

I wouldn't like people to jump into marriage cos others are getting married without being very very financially ready, to avoid Nigeria nurturing more poor children without clothes, home, good education, food, etc. We need people to stabilize their finances first before venturing into marriage so all these house boy, house girl thing will stop becos the few average Nigerians enslave the majority of poor children from poor families in d name of house helps. so if every parent can provide comfortably for their children & are able to send them to good schools, they would stop giving their kids out to either relations or whoever to be their house helps, and then poverty would reduce more in Nigeria, crime & this rampant student (university students especially) prostitution in Nigeria would then reduce too, cos its all becos most female students in Nigeria today come from poor families & for that, get coerced into prostitution to survive in school.

These are few of the results of marrying unprepared. so I would encourage more Nigerian youths to wait & get financially ready before jumping into marriage.

Another reason why more ppl are no longer getting married as before aside financial issues, is the fact that today marriages are not enticing at all like before. When I was a kid, I used to cherish married couples, I have some I admire including my parents, but today, Nigerian marriages are so scary; and I would also relate it to financial issues, how?

Nigerian ladies of today, though not all, but majority, jump into marriage with the wrong men they don't even like majorly for financial security & fear of poverty. so the marriage ends up unhappy when the lady finally gets the financial security she wanted. This also boils down to people marrying & having children without good financial stability.

Pls lets encourage ppl to be financially stable first before jumping into marriage. and ladies pls try & get something doing before accepting to be a man's wife, its for ur good & for the good of ur unborn children.

We need to fight poverty comot for we Nigeria by all means, say no to early marriage without financial preparation & stability. say no to poor children slavery in the name of house help. say no to student prostitution! Say no to marriage without financial stability! Goodmorning fellow Nigerians smiley

Now, reasons for my still being happily single?

1. The news & happenings around existing marriages SCARES ME TO MY FEET! YES!!

2. Afraid of ending with someone after what they see and not for my person

3. Hvent yet acquired all the necessary gadgets to make my kids the happiest kids on planet earth, viz. a comfy privy jet for taking ma would be lovely kids on vac. (btw, do I need a privy jet to take them on vac? lol, kidding, bt they need enough financial security u knw?), a comfy home with nice tennis court, playground n green garden where they can feel free n enjoy nature at its peak (though that won't be long shaa by God's grace, winks).

3. Afraid of ending up marrying someone else wife as my wife...so scared of how today ladies live their lives; running around with diff. men, it scares ME a lot & makes me wonder what d would be wife must have done b4 meeting me. dnt need to pretend, it scares ME a lot.

Finally, I am still yet to believe in love aside the love God has for us humans & the love bw mother n child. I still believe that what we call love today is filled with selfish interests & wants. no disprove yet smiley

1 Like

Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by vivianc(f): 9:09am On Oct 22, 2012
I'm not married cos I'm yet to see a guy that will sweep me off my feet again. Yea, I wanna fall in love again first.
Re: 10 Good Reasons You Are Not Married by amyg(f): 10:42am On Oct 22, 2012
DailyNews:

Quit acting selfish & boyish pls. people make out time to read your long burning cold story, only for u to parade around threads derailing them with ur usual its too long, its this n that comments...y cnt u learn to stop derailing ppls threads, its not a must to comment, sometimes reserve it so ur cohorts dnt follow suit to derail the thread.

BTW, this is just a honest advice pls dnt tke to hrt rather take to brain smiley
ON POINT!did u notice 2?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

My Experience (I Hope This Encourages Someone Out There) / Would You Marry Him - Even Without A Good Job / She Asked "What Are Your Plans For Me?. ..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.