Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,130 members, 7,849,543 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:53 PM

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (11246 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by venorite(m): 2:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

+1000
Thank you! Lol google is knowledge
like i told you earlier that i have been reading your comments on various thread and i can tell you categorically that you are a very wierd person
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 2:05pm On Oct 21, 2012
venorite:
like i told you earlier that i have been reading your comments on various thread and i can tell you categorically that you are a very wierd person

Dont judge a book by its covers. Everyone is wierd in his or her own way
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by venorite(m): 2:09pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Dont judge a book by its covers. Everyone is wierd in his or her own way
i am unique so is everybody but miss,i know what i mean when i say you are wierd...you wont know cos u might think you are normal but miss,you are not oo
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Diogo1(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
I witnessed d birth of my 1st & 3rd children. I saw them b4 their mum. I was just encouraging her. During d 1st one because it was all alien 2 both of us, I was scolding her anytime she tried to push without the consent of d doctor or midwives.

I had always wanted to witness d birth of all my children. I have failed in two. During d 2nd one, I went to eat thinking it will take quite a little time like d first, when I came back, she had delivered barely 30 minutes after dropping her off. I travelled during our fourth birth.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by NEROSKY(m): 2:12pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

LMAO. Water birth doesn't mean Im a mammy water. Water is a natural relaxant during child birth. So a lot of ppl here in the USA opt to give birth in a bathtub or swimmin pool because they say it is better. I have experienced sum other womens water births n it fascinates me n I plan on doin it wen I get pregnant
swimming pool cheesy
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 2:13pm On Oct 21, 2012
venorite:
i am unique so is everybody but miss,i know what i mean when i say you are wierd...you wont know cos u might think you are normal but miss,you are not oo

Okay, I don hear. Thank you very much! Glad to know u think ima wierdo.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 2:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
NEROSKY:
swimming pool cheesy

LOL. Yeah, not a big 1 though. Just those small inflatable ones.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by NEROSKY(m): 2:18pm On Oct 21, 2012
ItsModella: Gosh people, are you trying to tell me you've never heard of water birth? Omo, which planet una dey sef? Abeg, rather than bashing candieangel, make google your friend, learn from him and save yourselves from further embarrassment.
fear dey catch me..
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by NEROSKY(m): 2:22pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

LOL. Yeah, not a big 1 though. Just those small inflatable ones.
may God grant u ur wish!
Buh make sure fish will nt be in d water on D D day...
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 2:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
NEROSKY:
may God grant u ur wish!
Buh make sure fish will nt be in d water on D D day...

LOL. I will make sure no fish go dey dere. In fact wetin fish go do 4 my bathtub na?
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 21, 2012
I am quite squeamish about these things, so I doubt I'll be there in the labour room. I'd rather (conveniently) be in a nearby church praying for her successful childbirth.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
pro01: I am quite squeamish about these things, so I doubt I'll be there in the labour room. I'd rather (conveniently) be in a nearby church praying for her successful childbirth.
Be a man. grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 3:28pm On Oct 21, 2012
I've always wanted to try natural birth but it never happened for me, I had 3 C- sections for my 3 girls but my hubby was right beside me , he looked ridiculous with the scrub and a hat cheesy, he cut the cords and took the pictures and assisted the nurses to do the first bath.

It was a very scary experience for me, I was conscious and heard them cut me open and took out the baby( the equipments sound like dentist drilling cry).

I remembered I asked him after one of the c-sections that I can't feel my legs and I started to cry terrified of not ever walking again cheesy

He has to get me the Anaesthesiologist to explain to me before I calmed down.

Overall I will never trade that for anything .

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by fiosexy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 21, 2012
my handle it well he was supportive.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 3:58pm On Oct 21, 2012
adieora:

Psycho

Thank you capturing this before the ram deleted it.

Yomieluv: ]
Yomieluv: when i did abortion for my girlfriend,that requires her giving birth to the baby dead,i was crying,the pain she went through was too much,as she was crying,i was crying too....it was that that changed my perception against women,they go through hell to give birth..

i love my baby,and my mum soooo much.

is that same girl,i want to marry next year,and she is carrying my baby again.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 21, 2012
Well whenever the time comes, i'll want my husband to be in the labour room with me.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by NinoDeDios: 4:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

But I have logical explainations for both. N they arent even wierd behaviors

Candie this hombre has been stalking following you across several threads. He likes you and doesn't really know how to come out wink
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by 2cicily: 4:52pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just hope my wife won't be in labour when chelsea is playing.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by modele2: 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
My hubby tried so had to doudge it, but the hard nurses ensured that he experienced it, ' Shes ready, quick go and call her husband, he has to see this'.... The guy bowed out when i was being stiched by a male doctor...that was the part he later said he couldnt stand to witness. He stomached the experience sha, and his fear that he wouldnt be able to touch me again did not even happen.tongue
He witnessed both of our childbirths, but could only record the first on video(at least part of it).
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by EfemenaXY: 6:03pm On Oct 21, 2012
rokiatu: Seriously I have heard some funny stories about men during childbirth. Some passing out, some freaking out, some literally crying grin grin grin grin and some stroming out.

How did yours react?

Childish people please stay out of this thread thank you.

Rokus love, you indirectly telling us that there's a bun in the oven? grin grin

Anyway sha, hubby seemed more concerned (from a clinical point of view) about his sons entry into the world than my screams. You know I screamed blue murder for each birth - the pain kinda rips you apart from the insides...and when they start to push their heads through...well, that part alone felt like an explosion "down there". I think I've mentioned this somewhere before.

But yeah, hubby was there for all of 'em. He nearly missed his daughter's birth by CS...my own was, no way. By fire, by thunder, you must witness this one too oh!

You know, it's kinda comforting to have your other half there to support you. It is well. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by all4Him: 6:04pm On Oct 21, 2012
venorite:
wierdo....ure so wierd

water birth is an acceptable option for child birth for women who choose it esp in western countries. There's nothing wierd about it. Its just that it appears risky for lay people because u have to deliver the baby into water. However there's no such risk to the baby becos if u remember, while in the womb, the baby has been living inside water(amniotic fluid) so water is an environment the baby is used to.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 21, 2012
Efemena_xy:

Rokus love, you indirectly telling us that there's a bun in the oven? grin grin

Anyway sha, hubby seemed more concerned (from a clinical point of view) about his sons entry into the world than my screams. You know I screamed blue murder for each birth - the pain kinda rips you apart from the insides...and when they start to push their heads through...well, that part alone felt like an explosion "down there". I think I've mentioned this somewhere before.

But yeah, hubby was there for all of 'em. He nearly missed his daughter's birth by CS...my own was, no way. By fire, by thunder, you must witness this one too oh!

You know, it's kinda comforting to have your other half there to support you. It is well. cheesy

[size=2pt]Smart[/size] wink wink wink wink grin cheesy

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by kibi(f): 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12: I dunno how my future hubby will react but hopefully he will be a strong man that wont be a wimp at the sight of childbirth, especially since I want 2 have my children naturally at home in the bathtub. Something about water birth fascinates me

water birth always fascinated me too, unfortunantely some see it as wierd...well in my case hubby wasnt allowed into the labour room but he stayed out all thru where he culd hear everything going on and told me he heard our babys first cry.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by patanjaly: 6:46pm On Oct 21, 2012
Just asking why do human female suffers alot in child birth while other females in the animal kingdom seem compose n give birth naturally without any hitches.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by samloko(m): 7:25pm On Oct 21, 2012
I just went to the nearest aboki and bought a stick of cigarette
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by NosaHenry(m): 8:27pm On Oct 21, 2012
candieangel12:

Mr man, are you a doctor? How did u perform an abortion on ur babe? Isn't that against ethics?
Dondee, he did abortion for her does not implies that he is the one that carried out the abortion as a Doctor.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nino De Dios:

Candie this hombre has been stalking following you across several threads. He likes you and doesn't really know how to come out wink

Ehhhh? Na so? I didn't know that I had a stalker? Hmmm where are the NL police? LOL grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 8:50pm On Oct 21, 2012
all4Him:

water birth is an acceptable option for child birth for women who choose it esp in western countries. There's nothing wierd about it. Its just that it appears risky for lay people because u have to deliver the baby into water. However there's no such risk to the baby becos if u remember, while in the womb, the baby has been living inside water(amniotic fluid) so water is an environment the baby is used to.

Thank you, I love your intellect
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 8:51pm On Oct 21, 2012
kibi:

water birth always fascinated me too, unfortunantely some see it as wierd...well in my case hubby wasnt allowed into the labour room but he stayed out all thru where he culd hear everything going on and told me he heard our babys first cry.

Rlly? I thought the hubby usually stays in the labor room?
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Nosa-Henry:

Dondee, he did abortion for her does not implies that he is the one that carried out the abortion as a Doctor.

Hmmm well then if thats the case then he used incorrect English. "did" is a verb which means to perform a action, thus by his statement he implies he performed an abortion.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Ignatio(m): 8:54pm On Oct 21, 2012
ItsModella: Gosh people, are you trying to tell me you've never heard of water birth? Omo, which planet una dey sef? Abeg, rather than bashing candieangel, make google your friend, learn from him and save yourselves from further embarrassment.

Is Candieangel a he
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 8:55pm On Oct 21, 2012
Ignatio:

Is Candieangel a he

I believe she is referring to google being a he and not me because clearly,I am a she lol

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? / What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.