Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,551 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:16 AM

How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? (11247 Views)

Married Guys; How Did You Cope During Your First Year In Marriage? / Did Your Marriage Start With "Will You Marry Me" Or "Oga, I Don Miss My Period"? / Funniest Thing You Said During Labour And Delivery (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Ignatio(m): 9:02pm On Oct 21, 2012
I really learnt something new in this thread. Water Birth.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Kk4(m): 9:15pm On Oct 21, 2012
I can't even watch a video of childbirth not to talk of the real deal. I go enter coma
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Chiadic: 9:26pm On Oct 21, 2012
masterpiecer:

water birth.
u be mammy water? grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Josphine4good(f): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am not married neither have I giving birth so the is nothing to react about grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Josphine4good(f): 10:06pm On Oct 21, 2012
Am not married neither have I giving birth so their is nothing to react about grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by EfemenaXY: 10:16pm On Oct 21, 2012
K,k:
I can't even watch a video of childbirth not to talk of the real deal. I go enter coma

Na wa o!

So some of you guys can put something "in there", but can't watch it "come out"?? grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by seyibrown(f): 11:49pm On Oct 21, 2012
K,k:

grin grin grin
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by jpphilips(m): 2:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
candieangel12: I dunno how my future hubby will react but hopefully he will be a strong man that wont be a wimp at the sight of childbirth, especially since I want 2 have my children naturally at home in the bathtub. Something about water birth fascinates me

did you read the question at all? olodo
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by prettiest1(f): 2:43pm On Oct 22, 2012
patanjaly: Just asking why do human female suffers alot in child birth while other females in the animal kingdom seem compose n give birth naturally without any hitches.

If u've ever seen a she goat or sheep giving birth,
guy u'll know that painful delivery is not just for human.

1 Like

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Soulcaine(m): 2:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
candieangel12: I dunno how my future hubby will react but hopefully he will be a strong man that wont be a wimp at the sight of childbirth, especially since I want 2 have my children naturally at home in the bathtub. Something about water birth fascinates me

no be me and you oo. Why people go, go school for seven yrs and you no go allow them assist you?
Its your choice but please have a rethink becos if i were to be ur husband, i'll freak out that u want to have the baby @ home. U would have been going to the most expensive pte hospital around. Home birth? No way!!!
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 3:58pm On Oct 22, 2012
jp philips:

did you read the question at all? olodo

Why the name calling? Only fools stoop so low. I hope you arent 1?
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by candieangel12(f): 3:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
Soul_caine:

no be me and you oo. Why people go, go school for seven yrs and you no go allow them assist you?
Its your choice but please have a rethink becos if i were to be ur husband, i'll freak out that u want to have the baby @ home. U would have been going to the most expensive pte hospital around. Home birth? No way!!!

Well there will be a midwife and other healthcare officials at the house to guide in the safe delivery of the baby. So no worries wink
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by EfemenaXY: 4:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^ True, home deliveries are indeed an option many GPs offer expectant mums. Especially if they don't have a history of having had complications with previous pregnancies...

It's a matter of choice.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by kandiikane(m): 5:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
venorite:
you want to give birth inside a bathtub,you dont sleep at night...am i the only one that seems to notice that you are very wierd creature

Right now, you are the only weird creature here.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Mrsmansson(f): 5:54pm On Oct 22, 2012
My hubby cried all through.i was in labour for good 2days,when he got tired of crying he started praying,and when my cervix couldnt dilate further despite the fact that i was induced ,all he was saying then was "if i knew i wouldnt have gotten her pregnant O"the nurses laughed at him eh.Finally when i was going into the theartre he looked @ me like it was the last time he would ever see me.Thank God everything went well.

3 Likes

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by kibi(f): 6:59pm On Oct 22, 2012
candieangel12:

Rlly? I thought the hubby usually stays in the labor room?

wanted dat badly but...was a no no for me..their own hospital policy( sad)
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by kibi(f): 7:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
Mrs mansson: My hubby cried all through.i was in labour for good 2days,when he got tired of crying he started praying,and when my cervix couldnt dilate further despite the fact that i was induced ,all he was saying then was "if i knew i wouldnt have gotten her pregnant O"the nurses laughed at him eh.Finally when i was going into the theartre he looked @ me like it was the last time he would ever see me.Thank God everything went well.

wow!!! 2 days!!! i feel his ...and ur pain smiley
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 02, 2012
rokiatu: Seriously I have heard some funny stories about men during childbirth. Some passing out, some freaking out, some literally crying grin grin grin grin and some stroming out.

How did yours react?

Childish people please stay out of this thread thank you.

Two of my brothers witnessed the births of their children and one said he wanted to hurl while the other was very active and assisted the nurses.

My sister's late ex husband was very nervous and fidgety when their first child was born. He was talking to any and everyone who literally crossed his path grin. I felt bad for the doctors. grin

Anyway, I guess it has to do with being informed and to a certain extent maturity.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by oyinbogirl(f): 12:10pm On Dec 30, 2012
candieangel12:

Becos I am interested in water birth, is dat makes me unique?

You are not weird at all u no mind dat guy....water birth is fast catching on in all the developed countries as easy on mum n baby, and quicker birth with less complications. Baby arrives very peacefully n dey actually swim sometimes! smiley In d womb are in water so makes a lotta sense to be born into water. Water is so relaxing! You will love it trust me!
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by pgiddy(m): 8:25pm On Dec 31, 2012
Gosh, i no know say women dey suffer reach dis one oh, i rily dont tink i'll b in d labor room wth my wife wen she z delivering, cos i will even b crying more dan d person weey wan born sef, am a vry emotional Guy.I will so cry,na my wife go talk say mak dem carry me out.lol

2 Likes

Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 9:57am On Jan 02, 2013
pgiddy: Gosh, i no know say women dey suffer reach dis one oh, i rily dont tink i'll b in d labor room wth my wife wen she z delivering, cos i will even b crying more dan d person weey wan born sef, am a vry emotional Guy.I will so cry,na my wife go talk say mak dem carry me out.lol

At least you have feelings and respect for women unlike those six Indian beast that rap..ed that poor girl and rippe.d her vagi..nal apart with metal rod. The news have just spoiled my whole new year celebration...I don't even know how to get over it. I wish them death over and over again a 10000000 times and may they make the bottom of hell fire.
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Nobody: 7:00am On Jan 03, 2013
rokiatu:

At least you have feelings and respect for women unlike those six Indian beast that rap..ed that poor girl and rippe.d her vagi..nal apart with metal rod. The news have just spoiled my whole new year celebration...I don't even know how to get over it. I wish them death over and over again a 10000000 times and may they make the bottom of hell fire.

shocked shocked

wtf?!!!
Re: How Did Your Husband React/cope During Labour? by Chicolo(f): 8:35pm On Jan 04, 2013
Am nt yet married bt will be signin d dotted lines soonest
Fiancee was dere wen his kid sis put to bed,he said he was active althrough bt immediately the baby came forth,he Fainted!!
:oAm nt yet married bt will be signin d dotted lines soonest
Fiancee was dere wen his kid sis put to bed,he said he was active althrough bt immediately the baby came forth,he Fainted!!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How Do You Cope With A Wicked Mother In-law In The Same House?? / What It Feels Like To Come From A Broken Home. / What Are The Uses Of Marriage Certificate?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.