Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,701 members, 7,809,662 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:41 PM

Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death (6212 Views)

Jordan Hangs Two Prisoners In Retaliation Of Pilot Burned Alive By ISIS / Jonathan Pardons Bello Magaji, Homosexual Molester, Triggering Fresh Controversy / FG Pardons Diya, Yar'adua, Alamieyeseigha & Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Ndkings1(m): 5:43pm On Oct 21, 2012
GOVERNOR Adams Oshiomhole of Edo State has granted amnesty to two prisoners condemned to death in exercise of his prerogative of mercy.

The governor said the prisoners, Monday Odu, who was sentenced to death for conspiracy and murder, and Calistus Ikem, convicted for conspiracy and armed robbery, were granted amnesty because they did not take the lives of their victims.

He also commuted to life imprisonment the sentence of death penalty for two others: Tijani Mustapha, convicted for conspiracy and armed robbery; and Zubem Abduramma, convicted for conspiracy and armed robbery; while Patrick Ojiefo, who was convicted for assault on a police officer while discharging his lawful duty and served 6-months jail term in 1973, was granted pardon.

Speaking after granting amnesty to Odu and Ikem, Oshiomhole said: “You have been condemned to death for murder but we have exercised the prerogative of mercy to release you from prison for the offence believing you have learnt your lesson. You can still be useful to society and useful to yourself.”

While addressing Odu, 32, and a minor when he was convicted in 1997, the governor said, “We are letting you off the hook to go and sin no more. We will find a way to find a job for you under the Edo Youth Employment Scheme. You have no reason to return to crime and that means if you do anything again you are completely on your own.”

He told Ikem, 52, and convicted in 1996, to be ready to work and cope with the rigours of life as he returned to his family in Imo State.

“You stole house hold items which could have taken your life. The government will give you N200,000 and another N100, 000 to Monday Odu to go and start all over. I hope you will be able to make something positive out of this your present condition,” Oshiomhole added.

The Comptroller of Prisons in Edo State, Mr. Ewuho Jimoh, who led the prisoners to Government House, said he was presenting the two inmates who had been granted amnesty in compliance with a letter granting them pardon to the governor.

http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/oshiomhole-frees-two-prisoners-condemned-to-death/
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Ndkings1(m): 5:44pm On Oct 21, 2012
Admin front page plz
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by okosodo: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oshiobaba, the best governor in the world 4 now, but if u 4uk up, i go shout an 4 naira land
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by okosodo: 8:48pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oshiobaba, the best governor in the world 4 now, but if u 4uk up, i go shout am 4 naira land
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by acidtalk: 4:51am On Oct 22, 2012
Shut up!!!
Na God dey Pardon, forgive and grant mercy (all na same) to someone and not mere mortal like you.
God did not destine them to rot away in prison. That was never their destiny. If you hadn't set them free, someone, somewhere, someday would have let them out.
At times when this men want to talk like demigods it baffles me.

5 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by slimming: 5:25am On Oct 22, 2012
acidtalk: Shut up!!!
Na God dey Pardon, forgive and grant mercy (all na same) to someone and not mere mortal like you.
God did not destine them to rot away in prison. That was never their destiny. If you hadn't set them free, someone, somewhere, someday would have let them out.
Man also has power to forgive too
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by freecocoa(f): 5:32am On Oct 22, 2012
This acidtalk no get sense sha.

14 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by GudluckIBB(m): 5:45am On Oct 22, 2012
This is one story that has made me love Social media.I believe these guys got thier pardon from the activities of social media and bb broadcast.Not somebody sitting down and formulating "Akpors"s story for broadcast.You can save lives and help the society with social media instead of been childish
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by stpat1(m): 5:49am On Oct 22, 2012
Now where are those that were crying foul the other time that Oshiomole has sentenced 2 inmates to death. This is to show that the man is not a life taker and since they did not commit the murder themselves why would he take their lives. He's a very rational man.

Kudos

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by okosodo: 5:52am On Oct 22, 2012
GudluckIBB: This is one story that has made me love Social media.I believe these guys got thier pardon from the activities of social media and bb broadcast.Not somebody sitting down and formulating "Akpors"s story for broadcast.You can save lives and help the society with social media instead of been childish
. According to baba osho, he had already made his decision and social media lied
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by GentleNaaz(m): 6:13am On Oct 22, 2012
R we tampering justice wt mercy? Now dy wl b broke n dat atom of robery stil flows in dia vein, wat do u tink wl b dia nxt plan nw? Pls lets b properly guided by d law

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by chelseabmw(m): 6:23am On Oct 22, 2012
grin
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by nikkyshyne(f): 6:27am On Oct 22, 2012
freecocoa: This acidtalk no get sense sha.
The guy na dunce!

3 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Next2Bezee(m): 6:43am On Oct 22, 2012
I'm happy for the guys released, also pretty sure they learned their lessons probably just 1 hour after they were imprisoned.
They have 15 years worth to catch up on, i hope they turn to God, work and stick with their families.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by expertman(m): 6:45am On Oct 22, 2012
Oshobaba has done well. Chai imagine someone in prison since 1997" he would have seriouly learnt a big lesson. I only spent 3days in Cell for assaulting a police and is like my world is coming to an end. So i believe thats a gud development. Bravo Osho
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Techwriter: 6:51am On Oct 22, 2012
This is exactly what our Heavenly Father did for us. He pardoned us of our sins and empowered us to live a holy life. Nairalanders plz help me thank God, guilty as charged,I was destined for death and hell but God rescued me and regarded as ex-convict like me as if I never sinned(Justification). Thank you Jesus and kudos Oshiomole for learning from God

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Benissues(m): 6:55am On Oct 22, 2012
I went 4 prison visitation by march dis year!...i can say 4 sure....dis guys re changed persons...especially d one called EDU...he is d pastor of d prison....his fellow inmates will tell more abt him!.......i pray God help dem all....2 go n sin no more!
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by tayooluwole: 6:58am On Oct 22, 2012
i cant imagine being in a prison for d past 10 yrs.... How could it ve been? I personaly congratulate these guys for this rare freedom. I beleive u will commit crime no more...
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by honeric01(m): 7:03am On Oct 22, 2012
acidtalk: Shut up!!!

You're gradually becoming a liability in salient (social/political) issues.

Bro, kindly stick to your business ideas, you're better off there. (Just an observation) cool

Thanks

6 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Asiwaju9ja(m): 7:11am On Oct 22, 2012
This is exactly what I expected the Pastor to do in d case of the 27 year old man that stole from the church.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 22, 2012
okosodo: Oshiobaba, the best governor in the world 4 now, but if u 4uk up, i go shout am 4 naira land

Best gov in the world? Adams? Wow, see how far we've gone down the drain in leadership failure, that even a mediocre is celebrated as a hero, only here in Nigeria!
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by calabaman(m): 7:13am On Oct 22, 2012
According to my calculations. Monday Odu was a mere 17 years old when he took part in the heinous crime that landed him in this situation and has spent 15yrs of his youth paying the price. So, parents i advice u to watch ur wards/children very well so that the story of Monday shall never be ur kids story IJN.. Have a great week all!

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by jude33084(m): 7:16am On Oct 22, 2012
while Patrick Ojiefo, who was convicted for assault on a police officer while discharging his lawful duty and served 6-months jail term in 1973, was granted pardon.

Does it meaan Ŧħåϯ one of τhe guys has been in jail since 1973? undecided

Pls somebody should help ♍e out here
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Skipfr(m): 7:18am On Oct 22, 2012
@ Acidtalk go for brain check bfor ur condition worst pass dis 1. thanks Oshiobaba.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by honeric01(m): 7:24am On Oct 22, 2012
jude33084:

Yes, this is how the Nigerian judiciary system works.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2012
This is the best way to depopulate/decongest our prison.KUDOS TO THIS GOVERNOR.THE LAW HAS PREVAILED.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by ignis: 7:37am On Oct 22, 2012
I hope the ALUU4 murderes will not be pardoned and released by River state governor in the near future.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Roon9(m): 7:48am On Oct 22, 2012
nikkyshyne:
The guy na dunce!

Seconded n thirded.ƃųt he's nt always this stupid shar, am sure his brain is stil booting

1 Like

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Roon9(m): 7:51am On Oct 22, 2012
jude33084:

Naaaaa! He was given 6months jail term not 60 years.
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by dabrake(m): 8:25am On Oct 22, 2012
at times, him dey get sense but when everybody are beginning to perceive him as an intelligent chap, he disappoints everyone. Seems he is related to Fernando Torres.

4 Likes

Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by Lionpikin(m): 8:31am On Oct 22, 2012
well done comrade governor
Re: Oshiomhole Pardons Two Prisoners Condemned To Death by vitality22(m): 8:43am On Oct 22, 2012
Thank you

(1) (2) (Reply)

Achebe, Okonjo-Iweala Among Top 100 Global Thinkers In 2012 / Federal Govt Releases 2015 Cut-off Marks For Federal Govt Colleges. / Who Is Aliko Dangote Wife Presently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.