Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,882 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:28 PM

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This (9548 Views)

My Thoughts On The Worthless Death-bed Repentance. / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Don't Compromise, God Is Banking On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Umartins1(m): 11:02am On Oct 22, 2012
If HELL exists, then sure, there is nothing like DESTINY.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Goldenheart(m): 11:14am On Oct 22, 2012
Hell is 4real !!! Accept Jesus as your
lord n saviour right now..........he loves you
so much more than u can
imagine, n he doesn't want u to
end up in that horrible place of
eternal torment... Please accept him. Hell is so mean n real.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by seyibrown(f): 11:17am On Oct 22, 2012
Umartins1: The question is:

is there HEAVEN?? And does HELL exists??

No, the above is not the question! The premise of this thread is that 'Heaven exists'! The question is whether death-bed repentance will take them that heaven! Whether heaven and exists is on/for another thread, not this one! wink

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Megabyts(m): 11:29am On Oct 22, 2012
If humans cannot control how they sleep and wake up what more of saying any deathbed repentance? salvation comes from God,he alone grants those we choose paradise and the opportunity to repent.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Umartins1(m): 11:32am On Oct 22, 2012
You are all blinded by foreign faiths...... What if we're the early colonisers? Wouldn't the so-called british be worshipping our gods?

I know that someone, somewhere is responsible for the moving air, for the sea-water, for the birds in the sky. You cant tell me to accept Jesus before I CAN be saved.

We're in the 21st century. Everyone does what pleases him and what he deems fit. I cant be forced to accept the religion of those that enslaved us.

How would our nation had been had we sticked to our traditional beliefs?

If its a MUST that I must accept Jesus before I can inherit heaven, then all MUSLIMS and other religions believers are heading to HELL..... Huh?
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Mavor: 11:37am On Oct 22, 2012
When genuine and sincere, yes. God is no fool you know.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Umartins1(m): 11:39am On Oct 22, 2012
Mavor: When genuine and sincere, yes. God is no fool you know.
you mean?
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 11:40am On Oct 22, 2012
afam4eva: I've always wondered too. Can a repentance on a death bed lead some one to heaven?
Afam, you berra go back to webmasters, I don leave the board for all of una.
- it seems them don ban my *dhtml id
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 11:51am On Oct 22, 2012
I have seen people in the face of panic, they become ode and do not even remember what it is they want to do.
So when death approaches speedily, some people will panick and before they can even think of calling the name of jesus, they are already dead.

That theif on the cross, he might be hearing about jesus for the first time. Different from those that know but want to try to cheat God, and God is not to be mocked.

Anyway, from this thread, I can see that many people are planning to do last minute repentance while they wish to continue serving the devil now?

Well, I wish you all the best. As for me, I believe that repentance is now.

And to those that believe their faith without Jesus will suffice, well. . .
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by chrisley024(m): 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
D thief we r talkin abt; we dnt even no if he was imprisond n he repented dia b4 meetin Jesus @ d cross, n y even d nid 4 repentance at such a pt?. Dat means d peson knew d nid n hv bin avoidin it so he wants 2 gain both d whole world n his soul. At dat pt he was feelin d separatn 4rm his creator. Well, God knws, bt man cnt be smarter dan Him cos He cn neva b mocked!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by lovethsophia: 12:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
When we talk about death-bed repentance, we should have it in mind that it all depends on grace. The grace Peter has may not be the grace Paul has, so the fact that this person had the opportunity of death-bed repentance does not men everybody has that opportunity. So while we are stilll alive, lets rfepent of our sins as much as we can, because no one knows what will happen the next moment.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Afam4eva(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
pastormustwacc:
Afam, you berra go back to webmasters, I don leave the board for all of una.
- it seems them don ban my *dhtml id
lol grin dhtml don turn pastor grin
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by nairaman66(m): 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Probably.. Depends on the individual's state of mind.. i.e If he's really repentant!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 12:16pm On Oct 22, 2012
Abeg help me tell them o. They want to outsmart God.
Immagine me, knowing all this, now decide to join aluminati, destroy a lot of people, mislead a whole lot, and then when the end is come. . .
God forbid

People want to live all their sinful lives to the fullest and still find shortcut to heaven.

Well, I am not your God. But be careful what you wish for.

2013, 666 chip will come out, many xtians are going to start getting the chips and look for one lame excuse. Thank God I am a computer geek, so no one can bamboozle me easily with all them technologies, the chips have only one purpose - to control humanity.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Benito69(m): 12:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
Only the mercies of God that determines this o!...there are does who only at the point of death, realize their mistake and truly repent. Better to live a Godly life than to think you would have a last minute opportunity to repent.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by NnaNna4(m): 12:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
u might escape to haeven but if you dont have investment in haeven u wil
not be rewarded like others who have preached evangelized and prayed for revival
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 22, 2012
This question does not exist, because what is called Heaven does not exist. Do you expect Christian heaven, Islam heaven, Hindu Heaven, etc ? What does exist, the last I checked, is realm and consciousness of higher vibration and energy where all souls rise to their threshold hierarchy based on their enlightenment, psychic awareness and spiritual upliftment while on the physical plane of existence, irrespective of religion. Infact, what we call angels, ghosts, gods, Gods are in continuous experiences and training and are growing as we also grow here.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by mkmyers45(m): 12:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
Billyonaire: This question does not exist, because what is called Heaven does not exist. Do you expect Christian heaven, Islam heaven, Hindu Heaven, etc ? What does exist, the last I checked, is realm and consciousness of higher vibration and energy where all souls rise to their threshold hierarchy based on their enlightenment, psychic awareness and spiritual upliftment while on the physical plane of existence, irrespective of religion. Infact, what we call angels, ghosts, gods, Gods are in continuous experiences and training and are growing as we also grow here.

All i can say is wow.... grin grin grin
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 1:12pm On Oct 22, 2012
mkmyers45:
All i can say is wow.... grin grin grin
And I will sAy double wow. He is very gifted. But stil choses to sit on the fence.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by mamagee3(f): 1:49pm On Oct 22, 2012
I believe people go to heaven based on their lifestyle

Not based on a medicine after death type of repentance
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 22, 2012
mama-gee:
I believe people go to heaven based on their lifestyle

Not based on a medicine after death type of repentance

Its not about your beliefs or what you believe, but what God says in his book - Holy Bible.. smiley My God is not a respecter of any man.. He doesn't care about what your professors taught you about God's existence.. His word is Ye & Amen!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 2:07pm On Oct 22, 2012
DEATHBED REPENTANCE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT WORK. DO NOT BE FOOLED WHATEVER YOU SOW YOU WILL ALWAYS REAP IN THE NEXT LIFE OR THIS ONE ( GALATIANS 6 VS 7 ). THIS IS WHAT THE LORD THINKS ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE DONE EVIL AND REJECTED HIS NAME AND WANT TO USE DEATHBED REPENTANCE TO ABSOLVE THEMSELVES

PROVERBS 28 VS 9 He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination YOUR PRAYER WILL BE AN ABOMINATION.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 2:34pm On Oct 22, 2012
obadiah777: DEATHBED REPENTANCE DOES NOT AND WILL NOT WORK. DO NOT BE FOOLED WHATEVER YOU SOW YOU WILL ALWAYS REAP IN THE NEXT LIFE OR THIS ONE ( GALATIANS 6 VS 7 ). THIS IS WHAT THE LORD THINKS ABOUT THOSE WHO HAVE DONE EVIL AND REJECTED HIS NAME AND WANT TO USE DEATHBED REPENTANCE TO ABSOLVE THEMSELVES

PROVERBS 28 VS 9 He that turns away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer shall be abomination YOUR PRAYER WILL BE AN ABOMINATION.
THAT IS ALL FOLKS *THREAD CLOSED*
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by odumdesmond: 2:40pm On Oct 22, 2012
The mystery of death lies in the fact that it comes when it is list expected!!! I believe that more than 90 percent of people who have died never expected it! A man who died of sickness most likely believed he would recover until he slipped into the coma of death, the man who died of accident of all kinds never knew what hit until he perhaps realised he had left the world! The other 10 percent who actually expected death 8 percent would be griped with fear, sorrow, saddness, pains, anger and even unstable mental condition etc to even remember to pray for forgiveness, 2 percent that is remaining that actually thought of repentance perhaps 1. 98 percent doubted whether they would ever find forgiveness after such awful life they lived, such doubt that nullifies prayers. At the end it is an insignificant number of 0.2percent or thereabout that actually can possible courageously confess their sins and sincerely repent to make it to heaven! The chance is usually thin to make heaven by death bed repentance, that is even when a person has a privilege of deathbed experience!!!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 2:47pm On Oct 22, 2012
We read in newspapers where some people die b/a/n/g/i/n/g illegally and die there. The list is endless, and yes, when there is doubt, the prayer will not work.
And it is already an abomination to start with, because it is like trying to fool God. No way is it going to work, forget it.

Repent now!!!!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by MissOpe(f): 2:52pm On Oct 22, 2012
solomon111: I have always wondered.
But then i have read stories about demons shutting the mouth of people on their death-bed, in-order to prevent them from accepting christ.
But the other side to this story is that,what will they be looking for in heaven?
After having rejecting christ all their lives,won't they be out of place in the midst of saints who have served God all their lives.?
Would they have developed the humility,grace,love necessary for a christian to make a heaven,seeing as they only repented on their death-bed?.
All these should be considered.

Abegiii...God is not man...he doesnt think like us.....he says i'll have mercy on whom i'll have mercy ooo..exodus 33:19
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 3:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
So na to chop up be that jare, and pray that God show mercy. . .
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by MissOpe(f): 3:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
John 3;16 is what u need to get to heaven....my people perish because they lack knowledge....i wonder why people need to repent again after repenting before....u really donot understand the words of Jesus when he said its finished...he paid for ur sins...the only thing u need to do is believe...
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by DonXavi(m): 3:06pm On Oct 22, 2012
It is very possible to have a death-bed repentance if God accords one that privilege just as he accepted the criminal who was crucified with him after he recognized Jesus as being righteous (Luke 23:40-43). But we should bear in mind that God cannot be deceived or mocked because he knows the intent and motives behind every of mans actions and thoughts.

As we all know that every soul has a guardian angel, so also the kingdom of darkness has a stalking demon assigned to every soul with the sole mission and objective of bringing that soul to HELL. To realize this task these assigned demons would do anything within and without their reach to draw the mans/souls attention away from his maker (GOD) and at the same time explore for ways to eliminate such man/soul from amongst the living, because once the man/soul stops living here on earth there would be no more hope for repentance. It would only be by the special grace of God if a man would have such opportunity to experience repentance at his death-bed.

If a person dies without salvation in Christ Jesus, it is the same demons that have stalked him throughout his lifetime on earth that would torment his soul in hell for eternity.

My advice is for every man to seek the proper means to please God while we are still living. Death comes unannounced, you don't know when it will call on you, so it is very important for one to always rededicate his life to God at all times, instead of living as if there's no God, and only waiting to make peace with him while on the death-bed, perhaps you don't get that privilege, because the same stalking demon that has always deceived you to turn your back on God will also be there present to claim your soul for themselves because you are their rightful property. Jesus is the only way, the only truth and life no one comes to the father except through him.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 3:10pm On Oct 22, 2012
^^Abeg help me tell them make them hear. I wonder why so many christians find this deathbed salvation so important
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by IncomeTutor: 3:11pm On Oct 22, 2012
Yes, death bed repentance that is genuine
will lead a person to heaven. But unfortunately,
not everybody will get to the death bed to go
to heaven or hell.

Example, many people die by accident.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 3:29pm On Oct 22, 2012
seyibrown: If their death-bed repentance is genuine, it could work ... but consider the parable in Luke 12:16 -20

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Luke%2012:%2016%20-%2020&version=NASB

[size=14pt]Luke 12:16-20[/size]
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
16 And He told them a parable, saying, “The land of a rich man was very productive. 17 And he began reasoning to himself, saying, ‘What shall I do, since I have no place to store my crops?’ 18 Then he said, ‘This is what I will do: I will tear down my barns and build larger ones, and there I will store all my grain and my goods. 19 And I will say to my soul, “Soul, you have many goods laid up for many years to come; take your ease, eat, drink and be merry.”’ 20 But God said to him, ‘You fool! This very night [a]your soul is required of you; and now who will own what you have prepared?’

Looking at this parable, it is likely that they will not get a 'literal death-bed'. Their life may be taken in a second not leaving room for the repentance they had deliberately avoided all their life. Not everyone get's the chance to know they are going to be dead in the next minute. Nevertheless, God is ever merciful.
YOU HAVE SAID IT ALL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do You Really Go To Church? / Pilgrimage To Badagry Where Christianity Was First Preached In Nigeria. / Where Are These ATHEISTS?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.