Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,385 members, 7,819,394 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:31 PM

Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This (9537 Views)

My Thoughts On The Worthless Death-bed Repentance. / “God Has Anointed Me To Lead A Revolution Against Islamic Jihadists” – Oyedepo / Don't Compromise, God Is Banking On You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by vizion: 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
it all depends on the quality of the repentance.

Repentance as a result of fear of hell does not count as repentance.

True Repentance should because one is remorseful of the act, and not because of fear of the punishement to be metted out.

Also repentance only removes the guilt associated with sin (that is forgiveness), it does not always remove the punishment due to the sin.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 5:42pm On Oct 22, 2012
This is a most interesting threads, because i keep seeing christians that are planning to do true repentance - kinda like stage it at the last minute.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by ORMORT: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
pastormustwacc: This has been brought to my concern because i just found out that so many categories of people are planning to use this "joker" at the last minute.

Let me be more clear on this by giving instances:

1. Christians cannot pray or even do their business as christians properly - so in short, they live like atheists, and plan to repent at the last minute.

2. People in other religion that though the know that the teachings of christ is the way, but they continue as they have always been, and plan to repent at last minute.

3. People involved in withcraft, satanism, and other form of occultism - that if they live, they will get killed ASAP. plan last minute repentance.

4. Atheists - some of them know the truth but deny it, but plan to repent at the last minute.

5. Hardenend criminals on deathrow, just before they get executed (afteral they dont have anything to lose)

6. Pastors who use our tithes and offerings to enrich themselves

7. And so many others.

Many people are very familiar with the gospel of the thief on the cross, and plan to use it as their gate-away.

Well, is this going to work or it is sheer waste of time?
the thief by d left did something 1.he knew he deserve d purnishmet,2.he say d truth,3.he believe..luke23v39-43..God is just a God
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by ORMORT: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2012
ORMORT: the thief by d left did something 1.he knew he deserve d purnishmet,2.he said d truth,3.he believed..luke23v39-43..God is just a God
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by shoboy9: 10:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Certainly not if you planned it in advance! cry
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by degbads(m): 10:25pm On Oct 22, 2012
Interesting Thread. several years ago, i had just become a Christian and was struggling to cope with tests and trials. i heard of a friend's friend who gave his heart to Christ and died 2 weeks later. i thought he was lucky. i wished i could stay in the world until 2weeks to my time to depart the earth and then give my heart to Christ. Then i gained admission into Unilag, i met these guys from BLW fellowship and got a copy of Rhapsody of Realities, this transformed my experience of Christianity with the Word. i began wishing i had been born again since and learning God's Word as it brought light and victory to me. It's 11 yrs up the line and i'm still so thrilled and excited to know God. Death-bed repentance isn't worth it, if anybody really knew what Christianity was (and yes its not a religion) and the glory of it, they would want it NOW and not wait till death bed. cheesy smiley wink

Remember also if you are planning to accept Christ at the eleventh hour, you could die at 10:30

2 Likes

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by toygod2: 11:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
God is merciful
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Ndipe(m): 11:14pm On Oct 22, 2012
Very interesting topic, but if you know what is right, then why postpone it until the last minute, or do you think that God, the Omniscient Supreme Being who knows the intent of our heart would casually look at a fellow's intent to steal, rob and do all sorts of atrocities, with hopes that they would repent at the last minute? I am not perfect and I pray to God to guide me in His Grace.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Solozzo(m): 12:07am On Oct 23, 2012
pastormustwacc: This has been brought to my concern because i just found out that so many categories of people are planning to use this "joker" at the last minute.

1. Christians cannot pray or even do their business as christians properly - so in short, they live like atheists, and plan to repent at the last minute.

2. People in other religion that though the know that the teachings of christ is the way, but they continue as they have always been, and plan to repent at last minute.

3. People involved in withcraft, satanism, and other form of occultism - that if they live, they will get killed ASAP. plan last minute repentance.

4. Atheists - some of them know the truth but deny it, but plan to repent at the last minute.

5. Hardenend criminals on deathrow, just before they get executed (afteral they dont have anything to lose)

7. And so many others.

Many people are very familiar with the gospel of the thief on the cross, and plan to use it as their gate-away.

It may work, but its a risky strategy as a lot of people may experience sudden death, and no time to repent.

Deliberately doing evil with intention to cheat at the last minute may not be tolerated by God. You need to understand the context that the bad life was lived ignorance, and that the opportunity came only at the last minute. Repentance must be seen as sincere too. God forgives everyone however but those using this strategy are taking a risk.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 2:04am On Oct 23, 2012

7. And so many others.

Sure, death-bed repentance works; if it's genuine!
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 6:08am On Oct 23, 2012
Well, for those practising last minute repentance, i wish them the best. But i am not taking that option, we will see on the other side - wish you all safe Journey to heaven.

There is broad path and a narrow path, me see deathbed as the broad path that many will try to take, while few will take the narrow path of genuine repentance now now as they are reading this thread.

I will subscribe for renewing your mind daily, talking to God everyday, and not being afraid of death whenever it comes.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by arki(m): 8:08am On Oct 23, 2012
Sure,it works if it's from a genuine heart. The bible verse dat said "if any man even in d grave and raises up his hands frm d earth towards heaven,the Lord said will be saved" i knw i might not get dat bible portion very well. So it's beta 2 repent now dat we're in d day b4 the night comes. Bear in mind dat christainity is nt a religion as some pple call it.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 8:22am On Oct 23, 2012
I have always been hinting at this in my threads, that there are people that practise real christianity as it should be,
and there are those that call themselves christians because they go to church and speak in tongues ONLY.

But, everyone deep deep down in their hearts know who they are really serving - despite what they put up to the public. That is why i still say it that Atheists are better than christians that live a lie.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by salt1: 1:02pm On Oct 23, 2012
Billyonaire and umartins, I wonder why u like to contribute on threads like this. Is something telling u at the back of ur minds that u cd be wrong?
Heaven and hell exist.less than a forthnight ago,my cousin who had been sick died but was sent back. He is still on admission in the hospital. Jesus took him and showed him the glories of heaven and asked him to tell us that He is coming quickly.
For those considering last minute repentance,do know that if u continue to change, ur heart can get so hardened that no remorse can be felt.
Belief alone doesn't guarantee heaven. Old things must pass away which is the New birth
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by ecoleco: 1:57pm On Oct 23, 2012
Really Interesting topic I must say.

My comment is going to be succint. First nobody knows how he would die. There are slow deaths and there are sudden deaths. HIV AIDs is of course slow but how about auto, plane crash or boko haram lipsrsealed, Pretty first eh! If you are banking on the last minutes escape from hell to heaven, do you know how you would die? Whether slow or sudden...

There is a concept I read in a book titled "Dying testimonies of the Saved and Unsaved" (I can email this book to anybody that care). This book tells a story of about 100 people that once lived and some of the comments they made before they departed from this life. Some of them are christian, non-christians, etheists etc.

When God has given you enough time to repent and you refused and stuck to your guns, a time will come when His spirit will not continue to strive with you and you will loose the ability to repent though you are still alive. Yes you heard me, loose the ability to repent. That's one of the things you will learn from people that are about to die. When you get to this state, no matter how hard you try, you just cannot be remorseful and therefore cannot repent. Enough said. A word is sufficient for the wise.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 2:01pm On Oct 23, 2012
^^^^Bro, email me a copy of that book pls. seriallink2ng@live.com . Thanks
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by ecoleco: 2:18pm On Oct 23, 2012
seriallink: ^^^^Bro, email me a copy of that book pls. seriallink2ng@live.com . Thanks

Try this link:

http://www.insightsofgod.com/downloads/dyingtestimoniesofsavedandunsaved.pdf

My internet is currently filtered. If Unsuccessful, let me know. I will use my home internet to email you the book later in the evening.

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
ecoleco:

Try this link:

http://www.insightsofgod.com/downloads/dyingtestimoniesofsavedandunsaved.pdf

My internet is currently filtered. If Unsuccessful, let me know. I will use my home internet to email you the book later in the evening.

Cheers!

Thanks. I have downloaded it
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2012
Now thread gets more and more interesting. Some want to repent now while some want to repent later, and that later may come suddenly

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by blackbeau1(f): 6:44pm On Oct 23, 2012
I wonder what's the difference between most of you and boko haram.this topic was meant for those who believe in heaven.if you don't believe in heaven,don't comment.

1 Like

Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
Thank you ms black and beautiful. All these "terrosits" commenting sef don tire me.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by MissOpe(f): 7:54pm On Oct 24, 2012
@ pastor must wacc......do u understand the meaning of sin
U just called some people who are not terrosrists terrorist...whc becomes a sin to u...

So tell me wat do u tink will happen if after calling this people terrorist and u suddenly collapse and die...where do u tink ure going to?
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 3:20am On Oct 25, 2012
Miss Ope: @ pastor must wacc......do u understand the meaning of sin
U just called some people who are not terrosrists terrorist...whc becomes a sin to u...

So tell me wat do u tink will happen if after calling this people terrorist and u suddenly collapse and die...where do u tink ure going to?
And how do you know they are not terrorists? I called them terrorists for certain reasons (and those i am talking to understand) - there must be a reason i used the word terrorist, it did not just fall out of "my mouth" mistakenly.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by AdexOmoby(f): 2:05pm On Nov 22, 2012
Remeber that motive is what is importance. God is the one who sees the heart and if any one does last minute repentance dat is nt really genuine true and sincer...Den d person is a gunner o! But a person who does and is genuine, real...then dats so cool. Afterall, God intended purpose was dat evryone wud come into repentance and b saved thru Hi son Our Lord Jesus Christ! Whicheve, its still best we accept Jesus Christ as early as we receiv the good news becz dere are somany thing to enjoy as a Christain who knw his rights here on earth. Dont get me wrong,am not saying making heaven isnt the mostt imprtant thing.w
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by tpia1: 5:57pm On Nov 22, 2012
some people wait till that last minute while others dont have that option.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 6:38pm On Nov 22, 2012
The trick is, no one can tell in advance if they will even have the option to start with. Death does not always come sounding alarms that you are gonna die! Why, i could drop dead even before i finish submitting this post.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by MissOpe(f): 11:30pm On Nov 22, 2012
@ pastor must wacc U're not in any way better dan those who do death bed repentance ...... U run ur mouth too much on nairaland nd yet u claim uve repent...... Am sure u don't know d meaning of repent.... Abeg walk jor
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 11:43pm On Nov 22, 2012
^^^Pretty lady, this thread is not about me. Do you think i will rather not enjoy life first and do death-bed repentance later?
Oya, what is the meaning of repent? I am ready to learn. Na where i dey run my mouth? I be small boy o, i never even buy my pastorial jet yet.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by tpia1: 12:01am On Nov 23, 2012
what is "enjoying life"?

just curious.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by pastormustwacc: 12:29am On Nov 23, 2012
^^^Ha! i meant living a godless life, was just using a slang i picked from some naija pastors, or should i say enjoying life here means - living a worldly life.
Re: Can Death-bed Repentance Lead A PersonTo Heaven? Many People Are Banking On This by tpia1: 12:38am On Nov 23, 2012
reported.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Do You Really Go To Church? / Freemasonic Oath Taken by an Entered Apprentice / The Fifth Kingdom(of God) In The Bible Prophecy Of The Book "DANIEL 2" Is Islam!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.