Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,998 members, 7,838,511 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:01 AM

Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria (5210 Views)

Married Woman Threatens To Sue Edo State Government Over Loss Of / Tinubu Blasts Party Leaders Over Loss To PDP / Cameroonian Gendarmes Force Bakassi Indigenes To Leave Their Homeland (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by jpphilips(m): 11:26am On Oct 22, 2012
Wsdm: ...... And you think the land of whom the government claim to give you now will ever see you as rightfull owners? Ask those who have spent more than 200 years on a particular land and are still refers to as "settlers". My advise to you is to stay in your ancestral home and start negotiating a peaceful coexistence with you new country. May God see you all through all this unimaginable predicament.

seriously, i have not seen a bakkassi indigene with a genuine concern. the biggest sensation to the tale is the loss of grand father's graves you can imagine the backwardness.

its not like Nigeria cared much about that LGA, the Govt of cross river is simply hiding behind the minute plight of people to make much ado out of nothing.

this is about oil, nothing more.

if The Govt of Cameroon recognizes that i have lived in a particular region of theirs for as long as they deem necessary to grant me citizen ship, what am i leaving for?
to Answer Nigerian? like Nigeria cares?

why will i leave my settlement which has my source of livelihood for some flimsy political exodus?

Bakassi people should go and study the land laws of Cameroon, i downloaded it sometime, though in french i couldn't translate it completely, but the few bits i put together made more sense than the Nigerian land laws.

Bakassi people should fight for Cameroon to grant them citizenship, if Cameroon agrees, Nigeria is not worth it.

NB:

Cameroonian citizens have more land rights than Nigerians, what you guys need is a little education.

Cross river govt should forget about the oil, Cameroon will still explore the oil and improve the welfare of the bakassi people, do you really wanna trust the Failed Nigerian state with that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by kagel: 12:00pm On Oct 22, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

Shattap.... Unfortunately BAKASSI was part of biafra thats why OBJ completed the selling but nemesis will catch up with him one day
Their fathers gave Nigerian chance to fit Bianfra during the war by opening there road even gave them biafran unifrom and they disguise themselves as biafra solders and Nigeria won in the war .
u see the outcome of nemeses Almighty God will make away for them cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by baysol: 12:45pm On Oct 22, 2012
Bliss4Lyfe: Nigeria became the first country in history to cede its territory and willingly agreed to displace its own citizens, in their home land in peace time, to honour its war time obligations and internationalist.

Because Nigeria is the proverbial abnormal frankenstein monster designed by lord lugard who have no clue as to who is who. The political class are rather too busy stealing the peoples money to care about this events in bakassi. One thing is clear , its either Nigerians take their destinee in their own hands and resolve the garmoth of problems or they fade into oblivion waiting for a liberator.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by Bliss4Lyfe(f): 6:20pm On Oct 22, 2012
onila: lazy, greedy drunkards tryna steal some of our wealth. .thats what they are
fuc-king republic of caMoronians!

Truely Bakassi was neglected by Cameroon due to the swampy nature of the place. When Nigeria carried out feasibility studies and found out that there was a huge deposit of crude, they now started building administrative structures When it evetually reached the ears of Yaounde? Cameroon sent forces there and then the confrontation started.

And ur source please? I heard the story was the other way around.

Two options are open to them. Number one is to ask for a plebiscite for self-determination from the UN. In this Nigerians will be solidly behind them. Number two is to join the onerous struggle for a Republic of Ambazonia.

So, the best way forward is for Nigeria to effectively rehabilitate the Bakassi people quartered in camp in Cross River State, ensure the protection of the fundamental human rights of Nigerians still resident in the Peninsula through diplomatic manoeuvring and proceed to the International Court of Justice for an Advisory Opinion, a measure not caught up by the 10-year time bar for which ICJ judgments are susceptible to.

In this manner, Bakassi would have been lost and won.
Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by bobolic: 12:51am On Oct 23, 2012
The reality of it has hit home now. Mama Bakassi fooled them all,dancing with the men who signed away the land to Cameroon. CRY THE BELOVED MOTHERLAND.
Re: Bakassi People Bitter Over Loss Of Homeland In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:36pm On Nov 04, 2012
onila: fuc-k cameroon, bantu as-sholes!
shocked... shocked if only she knew that she is a Bantu smh....

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Is Nothing Being Done About The Insane People On Our Streets? / PDP Presidential Campaign Rally In Sokoto Live On NTA And AIT / Big Trouble For Jonathan!!! Jigawa State Governor Dump Pdp For Apc; Lamido In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.