Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,248 members, 7,818,842 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:27 AM

Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu (13699 Views)

More Photos Of People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Ibafo,ogun / People Scooping Fuel From Fallen Tanker In Lagos (Photo) / Residents Scooping Fuel As Tanker Crashes In Kwara. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by redsun(m): 10:30am On Oct 22, 2012
Okija_juju: The part of the picture that got was The Police scooping fuel.. Basically aiding and abetting a crime/misdemenour.. ONLY IN NIGERIA!!

The "police officers" should be identified and sacked.Their action amounts to a gross and dangerous misconduct of duty and responsibility at the highest level.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 22, 2012
jites: PEOPLE NEVER LEARN, I AM FROM OGHARA DELTA STATE AND ONCE WE HAD THIS SITUATION IN JESSE EVEN BETTER BECAUSE THE FUEL WAS FROM A BURST PIPELINE, EVERYONE WENT THERE TO GET THEIR SHARE INCLUDING WOMEN WITH BABIES ON THEIR BACK. SOMEHOW EITHER BY 2 IRON BUCKETS CLASHING OR SOME IDIOT SMOKING THE WHOLE PLACE WAS ENGOLF IN FLAMES THE REST IS HISTORY, EVEN CNN CARRIED THE NEWS. SEEING WOMEN WITH BABIES STILL IN THEIR BACK ROASTED TO DEATH WAS NOT A VERY GOOD SIGHT.
a SCARCITY OF FUEL + POVERTY + IGNORANCE + GREED + CORRUPT OFFICIAL INCLUDING MOPO + OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS = DISASTER. YOU CAN ADD TO THIS, BUT CAN I BLAME THESE PEOPLE? IF I WERE THERE WOULD I DO DIFFERENTLY? SPYDER WAS ON HIS WAY TO AN APPOINTMENT, HE HAS VARIOUS BUILDING PROJECT TAKING PLACE INCLUDING HIS OWN, WHAT DID HE DO WHEN HE SAW THIS, HE DROVE PAST BECAUSE HE DOES NOT FALL ANYWHERE INTHE EQUATION- HE IS NOT POOR, HE IS NOT UNEMPLOYED, HE IS NOT IGNORANT, HE IS NOT GREEDY ETC IF HE WAS POOR, NOT EATEN FOR 2 DAYS BEEN LOOKING FOR WORK FOR 5 YEARS, HAS A MALNURISH FAMILY WITH 3 OF HIS KIDS SUFFERING FROM KWACHOKO DUE TO DRINKING ONLY GARRI FOR THE LAST 2 WEEKS AND COUPLED WITH THAT IF HE IS FROM DELTA STATE, WHERE WE ARE SUPPOSE TO BE OIL RICH PRESENTED WITH AN OPPORTUNITY LIKE THIS.... I DOUBT IF HE WONT GRAB THE OPPORTUNITY AND CALL IT HIS LUCKY DAY OR GOD's BLESSING. a WORD IS MORE THAN ENOUGH FOR THE WISE, GOD BLESS NIGERIA

I agree!

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by obxddon(m): 10:43am On Oct 22, 2012
spyder880: some more pictures

Am sorry..but is anyone else seeing a mopo in this pic .......
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by odocity: 12:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
what those guys are doing is right,instead of allowing the fuel to waste on the ground it is better it is fetched by people,dont blame them,they have done nothing wrong.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Hunkyimage(m): 12:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
[quote author=jites]PEOPLE NEVER LEARN, I AM FROM OGHARA DELTA STATE AND ONCE WE HAD THIS SITUATION IN JESSE EVEN BETTER BECAUSE THE FUEL WAS FROM A BURST PIPELINE, EVERYONE WENT THERE TO GET THEIR SHARE INCLUDING WOMEN WITH BABIES ON THEIR BACK. SOMEHOW EITHER BY 2 IRON BUCKETS CLASHING OR SOME IDIOT SMOKING THE WHOLE PLACE WAS ENGOLF IN FLAMES THE REST IS HISTORY, EVEN CNN CARRIED THE NEWS. SEEING WOMEN WITH BABIES STILL IN THEIR BACK ROASTED TO DEATH WAS NOT A VERY GOOD SIGHT.
a SCARCITY OF FUEL + POV Xo can we say dat poverty iz d root of all evil?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by jude33084(m): 12:57pm On Oct 22, 2012
Torch1: Are those two people on uniform not mobile police?
I dont think they are doing anything illegal.

If they are doing some illegal stuff then they are Őᵑ their own. undecided
ßŮϯ I think τhe mopo can't drive anybody from there without shooting to τhe sky aŋԂ when he does thatn...(((BOOOM))) grin

Evry one goes cheesy
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by jude33084(m): 1:01pm On Oct 22, 2012
pls anytime you see people collecting fuel like Ŧħåϯ just leave Ŧħåϯ environment immediately
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by jude33084(m): 1:03pm On Oct 22, 2012
Madmen
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by princeonx: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: And poster what did you do to save the situation?Did you call the emergency service?
Which emergency services are you talking about? What's their phone number?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by princeonx: 1:36pm On Oct 22, 2012
odocity: what those guys are doing is right,instead of allowing the fuel to waste on the ground it is better it is fetched by people,dont blame them,they have done nothing wrong.
Do you see anyone dragging them to court? No one is blaming them! We're simply saying they're stu.9/d and bunch of f@0/s cause they can lose their life for less than N3000 naira worth of fuel.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by princeonx: 1:39pm On Oct 22, 2012
obxddon:

Am sorry..but is anyone else seeing a mopo in this pic .......
Yes oh! and dont be supprise he's collecting some money before allowing them to fetch the fuel.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Fhemmmy: 1:53pm On Oct 22, 2012
Nigeria, i seriously hail thee . . .
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Shine1177: 2:21pm On Oct 22, 2012
Police sef dey follow them scoop fuel? Na wah for Nigeria!
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by joshuaidibia(m): 4:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: And poster what did you do to save the situation?Did you call the emergency service?
OGA!!!! u evn gt any emergency number?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by ANYPEN(m): 5:27pm On Oct 22, 2012
am i the only one seeing mobile policemen there?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by spyder880(m): 5:31pm On Oct 22, 2012
logo77:

@Syder88.....please give us the exact location.

I want to call NEMA in Enugu ( everybody please call 08075390883

We need to call NEMA and Federal Road Safety to the scene before the obvious happens.

National Emergency Management Authority (NEMA) : Call Centre +23492905777

NEMA Enugu can be reached on: 08075390883

If anyone knows Federal Road Safety Commission number please tell us.

We need to also call the Enugu state police PRO.

PLEASE LETS HELP AVIOD ANOTHER DISASTER !!!!

Thanks for your proactive efforts to save the situation. I could not comment because I don't know whether the truck was still there and if the scooping is ongoing today. But I just passed the spot 20 minutes ago and the truck has been moved, there was no sign of any burning around the area. I suppose the owners rushed in to save their products.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by logo77: 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2012
Ok.
Thanks for the feedback.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Nobody: 6:02pm On Oct 22, 2012
many people take risk in life especially for immediate financial reward.

If similar opportunity to make quick money arises in any other country I would guarantee you would also get desperate individuals risking their lives. So in these situations do not blame the population. The blame needs to be placed on the authorities and Health and Safety procedures should be in place for such incidents.
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by oyeleyemaureen(m): 7:08pm On Oct 22, 2012
If fire sets out and an inferno begins with lives being lost. Would they say that its the devil?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by mylesJ: 7:18pm On Oct 22, 2012
Th£y will never learn,,,,
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by redsun(m): 7:28pm On Oct 22, 2012
grin grin grin

joshua idibia: OGA!!!! u evn gt any emergency number?

Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by salafiyy: 11:44pm On Oct 22, 2012
redsun: Menh!Nigerians are thick headed,they never learn.Where are the emergency services?They should have cordoned off that place as soon as it happened.
na obodooyinbo you dey?
Re: Pictures Of Fuel Scooping In Enugu by Nobody: 1:11am On Oct 23, 2012
Human beings are always risking their lives for immediate rewards.

How many have driven motor whilst intoxicated?

How many have walked across an unstable bridge as short cut to save journey time?

How many people continue to smoke even when they know it is killing them?

How many people continue to drink even when they know it is killing them?

How many have had unprotected sex even though they know it could kill them?

The point I am making is that we cannot depend on the general population to restrain from risking their lives; Health and Safety laws should be in place to ensure that firstly the likelyhood of fuel spills is greatly reduced. And if spillages occur there is immediate evacuation of the tanker and surrounding area until the risk of explosion is eliminated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Osinbajo, Obasanjo, Others Attend The 57th Independence Anniversary Thanksgiving / Buhari’s Corruption Line-up For Next Level Campaign / APCON Has Taken Up The Responsibility Of LASAA (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.