Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,386 members, 7,958,087 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:41 AM

Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle (29148 Views)

Buhari And Fashola At China Aerospace Science Technology Corporation Centre / Photo: Fashola At Work In His Office In Abuja / Fashola At The Kalakuta Museum Where Fela Kuti Was Buried (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by FrankC3: 2:30am On Oct 24, 2012
You people should continue cheering Fashola on. The last time you did that with Lagos Doctors, we all know where it ended. Now is the politics of traffic law. The last time, it was the a military man, then the chief law officer of the country and today, it was a former President of Nigeria. Maybe, next one we will hear will be a foreign head of state during a state visit, after all, 'no body is above the law'

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by nduchucks: 2:49am On Oct 24, 2012
Fashola is a good Administrator who could be a great City Manager of LA or Chicago. He is a performer like El Rufai was during his tenure in FCT. Lagos State is really a small state.

If Fashola intends to have any chance of ruling the country, he must first learn how to be a politician and a wise one at that.

His immaturity showed when he embarassed an Army Office by "arresting" him for a traffic infraction. Next he screwed up an opportunity to earn the goodwill of Igbo people by his recent utterances about the constitution. His latest act of political immaturity is in taking on Obasanjo. A wise one like Ojuyobo would have ordered OBJ's vehicle released ASAP without any negative publicity. Fashola's political naivity and foolery is becoming annoying.

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ektbear: 2:51am On Oct 24, 2012
ndu_chucks is quite a mischievous fellow grin
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by nduchucks: 2:52am On Oct 24, 2012
ekt_bear: ndu_chucks is quite a mischievous fellow grin

Otito koro.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by MzFancy(f): 4:02am On Oct 24, 2012
Smooyis: No one is above d law. But life does not read sraight all d time. We should at least give obasanjo some form of respect too. If it were to be tinubu's truck dat violated d traffic laws would he even be arrested in d first instance? No one would dare impound his vehicles, or drag his name in d mud like dis. And moreso i learnt d truck were carryn poultry products and obj personally called Castile to help intervene so at least d products could be removed, but all t no avail. This is pure politics. Lets wait and see how it goes........
thumbs up for ur comment
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 5:34am On Oct 24, 2012
This cant be true,if obj in anyway hijacked lagos state trucks,he should have by now been arrested for stealing and unlawful possession of the people's properties.

Abi Fashola SAN IS ONLY FOR DEFENDING TINUBU?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by lastpage: 5:38am On Oct 24, 2012
pro01: Fashola is an 1diot, and his 1diocy is multiplying in quadruples each passing day. Since when did traffic offences become something you use to prove stuuupid points? If a person commits a traffic offence and his vehicle is impounded, is there no possibility of paying a fine to reclaim your vehicle? Why not simply tell OBJ that "baba, send your aide to pay the stipulated N20k fine and the vehicle would be released". What is the point to be proved in holding someone's vehicle indefinitely, even if it were an ordinary person and not OBJ? Would he prove this same foolish 'point' with Tinubu's vehicle?

Mehn, this Fashola disgusts me more than a decaying coprse.

Haba, pro01, dis one is unlike you now?

First, it is good that you agree that Baba Obj's vehicle are not above the law.

Secondly, It is also good that you dont expect his drivers/Vehicles to be treated differently, when they break the law.

Having said the above, where and How did you come about the conclusion that Fashola refused to accept that Baba Obj pays "fine " on the vehicle, as stipulated by law?

Just imagine for a second:

@OBJ: Fashola, l want to pay the fine for my impounded Vehicle.
@Fashola: Baba, your "fine-payment" is not acceptable, l just want to seize the vehicle and embarrass you, sebi u be PDP naah!

Does that sound "commonsensical" coming from a Lawyer, not to mention a state Governor ...and a Yoruba man to an elderly Yoruba man?

I will want to "think" that Baba OBJ just felt that "What the heck, who does he think he is, does he not know th evehicle belongs to me ...abi k'ori "OBJ Farms" on the vehicle? Wlahi, l will finish this small boy, Emi Old Sooja! grin grin, Chairman of PDP for life! Ebora of Owu, omo Yiibo and Ofoemanu combined!
shocked

Thing is: The law is the law!
It was not even OBJ that drove the vehicle himself (maybe some respect would have been accorded his "rascal" personality! grin ).

Now, can one single man be greater than the laws of the land?
*Do you think if George Bush or Clinton's driver drove against traffic in the U.S., that vehicle will not be impounded and the driver prosecuted?
*Do you think or what do you think will happen, if an "individual" tries to seize "state asset" ;like OBJ is said to have done, to show that he is "above the law", in the U.S or anywhere in Europe?

Do you even think those Presidents will like "their name" to be "associated" with such infamy, in any way?

This is the crux of we black people!
We worship "humans" too much but we "trample on our structures" in doing so.

If l were Obj,l would not even do like l heard the "news", l will simply send one of my "Drivers" to go and pay the fine (and let the offending particular offending driver undergo "mental test" lest he "bite one of my chickens inadvertently! shocked ) and bring the vehicle back home. Chikenna.

All this "forming and chest-beating" is not good for a titled-chief!

Imagine if Lagos State Police come put Baba for Kirikiri, like Bode George... on the orders of a court of Law?

I beg o, l be Yoruba, we abhor disgrace of our elders... but our elders should also not act disgracefully in public, at least! wink

Cheers,

Lastpage!

Caveat: if Baba Obj has approached Fashola as "an Egbon", omo oduduwa .... and Fashola was the one proving "i be SAN, today na today!" shocked ...
...Then his time in Politics, especially the dirty Nigerian Politics, is limited...except he learns fast!
Even abroad, "man-know and respect-man" is not totally absent but it is done "quietly"!

As in "shhhhiiish"

4 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by EkoIle1: 5:44am On Oct 24, 2012
ndu_chucks: Fashola is a good Administrator who could be a great City Manager of LA or Chicago. He is a performer like El Rufai was during his tenure in FCT. Lagos State is really a small state.

If Fashola intends to have any chance of ruling the country, he must first learn how to be a politician and a wise one at that.

His immaturity showed when he embarassed an Army Office by "arresting" him for a traffic infraction. Next he screwed up an opportunity to earn the goodwill of Igbo people by his recent utterances about the constitution. His latest act of political immaturity is in taking on Obasanjo. A wise one like Ojuyobo would have ordered OBJ's vehicle released ASAP without any negative publicity. Fashola's political naivity and foolery is becoming annoying.

You must be a Nigerian....
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by omenziate(m): 5:54am On Oct 24, 2012
But Lag Buses never ply Sango ota and Ifo routes. The whole story looks false jare.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 5:59am On Oct 24, 2012
We can never have peace and order in our land if animals like obj are allowed to roam lawlessly.What applies to obj,applies to a street sweeper or a truck pusher in accordance with the law.Anything otherwise is lawlessly which equals roguery(rogue state) and that is what nigerians are suffering today.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by homerac7: 6:10am On Oct 24, 2012
so many comments showing the root cause of the unfortunate situation Nigeria found herself in.

first, i don't believe d story. otherwise OBJ would hav simply played into d hands of d Fashola by doing so. Imagine Fashola getting court warrant to go search OBJ farms and all his compunds in Lagos and Ogun (afterall, na ACN dey there and they will gladly join in d fray to finally humble OBJ). That will create so much embarassment for him that he will lose lot of respect and goodwill he's enjoying in international circuit. Whatever happens afterwards from PDP federal power will b a bye-news and at best, damage management for immediate time. But by then, OBJ would hav been fully dragged in mud by "children".

I don't think he would want to risk many possibilities of humilation in hands of those governors. so i don't think he would do this.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 24, 2012
homerac7: so many comments showing the root cause of the unfortunate situation Nigeria found herself in.

first, i don't believe d story. otherwise OBJ would hav simply played into d hands of d Fashola by doing so. Imagine Fashola getting court warrant to go search OBJ farms and all his compunds in Lagos and Ogun (afterall, na ACN dey there and they will gladly join in d fray to finally humble OBJ). That will create so much embarassment for him that he will lose lot of respect and goodwill he's enjoying in international circuit. Whatever happens afterwards from PDP federal power will b a bye-news and at best, damage management for immediate time. But by then, OBJ would hav been fully dragged in mud by "children".

I don't think he would want to risk many possibilities of humilation in hands of those governors. so i don't think he would do this.

The bolded is confirmed. Nobody can do such an abominable thing to Obasanjo, not even Fasola. Obasanjo is a god, not even devil, as far as Nigerian politics is concerned. You underestimate him at your own peril.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 6:20am On Oct 24, 2012
homerac7: so many comments showing the root cause of the unfortunate situation Nigeria found herself in.

From the comments some suppose "bright" nailander/rians are making here,it seems like people like him casaully get away with such act of insorbordination just because they are in power.And the same reason why they think they can casually help themselves with the public funds in their trust,without fear of any consequencies.Just because some foo-lish nigerian have been indoctrinated to think that public servants are above the law.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Edenitis(m): 6:21am On Oct 24, 2012
Thank God there are voices of reason on this forum.

However, I am really sad that in this day and age, anyone could support lawlessness coming from those who are supposed to know better.

Obasanjo, in my opinion, has served Nigeria best as military head of state of civilian President.

When such a man decides not to respect the law and boasts as stated in the reported conversation, it is not difficult to understand why Nigeria is so underdeveloped.

If the story is true, Obasanjo is behaving like a primitive warlord. He should re consider and respect the law.

Fashola is doing a good job. Please open your eyes and see that Fashola is the best thing that ever happened to Lagos state.

Why must we settle for lawlessness!!!! Obasanjo please behave yourself. There should be one law for all.

I love Obasanjo for a lot of things he stands for; but destroying the fabric of society by childish behaviour from elders!!!Haba1

It is such irresponsibility that Nigerian BIG MEN display when they make shameless phone calls or send introductory cards or letters to ask for jobs, contracts, reprieves or waivers that they know are not appropriate but they think is their right as a result of their current or previous positions.

God help Nigeria.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 6:27am On Oct 24, 2012
Prof Corruption:

The bolded is confirmed. Nobody can do such an abominable thing to Obasanjo, not even Fasola. Obasanjo is a god, not even devil, as far as Nigerian politics is concerned. You underestimate him at your own peril.

That is dark age concept,nigeria can not remain like that.If not you guys will be extinct in no time.A society can not function without unversal laws that everybody abide by.

Even the neanderthals had some kind of laws.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Acodynas1(m): 6:28am On Oct 24, 2012
Who is fashola to OBASANGO self, I dey pitty him and somebody shouid adivce him oh . If I am in obj sheo i will not no matter what, let be sincere
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by dareyking(m): 6:37am On Oct 24, 2012
r] undecided
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by homerac7: 6:40am On Oct 24, 2012
Prof Corruption:

well, if it's confirmed, then dats very most unfortunate for him. he should thank his gods that Fashola hasn't got a warrant against him by now.

he is only an "ebora" or whatever d hell u call him because u made him so, d moment they drag him in d mud right before ur eyes, u will know there's nothing extraordinary about any human who calls himself a tin-god. ask Bode "Tewonde" George. Honestly, u don't know how powerful a state governor can be, especially that of a state like Lagos, otherwise u wouldn't b urging OBJ on in ds drive of senility.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by teskyg: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2012
If it were a Tinubu truck that was involved,would Fashola had impounded the truck?
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by 001solar(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2012
2mch: The Ogun State government should order OBJ to release the vehicles. If his vehicles cannot comply with the law of the state then they should be impounded. he is not above the law. And stealing state buses is a crime. Is Baba OBJ willing to go to jail? tongue

He stole OTA farm and now BRT lols
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kennytidistar(m): 6:47am On Oct 24, 2012
@All of you supporting fashola and is money making law. i pray you will be there when calamity befall lagos. there are people you dont drag wing with fashola shows another dis-respect to elder state man i heard that obasanjo even called fashola to know his penalty and pay but fashola refuse to pick his call so nau why is fashola crying fowl? fi abere gun rae wo koto figun oomo eye tori to shenshe eye be na lon she omo adie. do me i do you man no dey vex period.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by ogene70: 6:55am On Oct 24, 2012
source plz!!!
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by flexya: 6:58am On Oct 24, 2012
Those that say " the law is the law and no one is above it" r right. Those that also say " there is discretion available 2 fashola in terms of sanctions" also av a valid point. Even in courts of law, judges exercise discretion on individuals when sentencin and granting bail. In this case and if the story is true, the Fashola should exercise discretion. The vehicle has been impounded, its public, so OBJ has been humilated and his produce in the vehicle has probably spoilt. Dats enough sanction. Let the vehicle go. When two elephants fight, its the grass that suFfers. Wit the diversion of BRT buses, is the average communter that is feelin it most. One vehicle won't kill OBJ, neither will the N20K fine. Fashola should do what's best in the interest of the populace. u can be assured that OBJ or any other big shot has learnt from the episode.

On a side note, Fashola should remember he would one dy also become ex governor and might need favours.

1 Like

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by redsun(m): 7:00am On Oct 24, 2012
kennytidistar: @All of you supporting fashola and is money making law. i pray you will be there when calamity befall lagos. there are people you dont drag wing with fashola shows another dis-respect to elder state man i heard that obasanjo even called fashola to know his penalty and pay but fashola refuse to pick his call so nau why is fashola crying fowl? fi abere gun rae wo koto figun oomo eye tori to shenshe eye be na lon she omo adie. do me i do you man no dey vex period.

I dont think fashola will be that dumb to interfere with the law by not allowing an offender to pay his fine and retrive his vehicle.He doesnt have to get involve in the first,anyway,neither should obj.All he has to is get his offending driver to comply with the law,pay his fines,if it a finable offence and retrieve his vehicle,then learn not make the same mistake,or else he will be sacked.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kabba7(m): 7:01am On Oct 24, 2012
I don't believe this story of OBJ decending to the level of a common army private fighting in Ajegunle market.
I think some yoruba haters just make up story.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by mejai(m): 7:04am On Oct 24, 2012
No tym for positive comment here, am in a hurry to enter BRT.
I just dey laff.... Pikin wey dey wake im papa up wit slidin tackle. Law of karma don dey hit dem.
Ndi Yoruba, unu aka afuro ihe.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by luvinhubby(m): 7:19am On Oct 24, 2012
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others -- *George Orwell's Animal farms*
" What is good for the geese is NOT ALWAYS good for the gander"

Fashola have u heard.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by free2ryhme: 7:29am On Oct 24, 2012
Standing5: how can Lagos state vehicle be diverted into OBJ's Ota farm like that? Are they suppose to ply Sango-Ota in the first place?

BRT gets to agado-jaiye and agado-ijaye shares boundary with Sango-Ota. so diversion is possible
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kennytidistar(m): 7:29am On Oct 24, 2012
some of you who have not being to baba farm before. that place is cleaner than anywhere in Nigerian that place is mini london but nobody can enter there anyhow that place na barrack it you like get warrant soldier go fire your life i'm sure with the seizure of these brt bus fashola will know what his guys has done even though he pretende initially, okada riders are ready to bring lagos down. he close his hears to the poor that pays is food allowance, travelling allowance, medical allowance, and salary. fashola is an ingrate rat.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 7:34am On Oct 24, 2012
@acidtalk....very very creative. I think you should view/take your "written comedy" skills more seriously.
Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by Nobody: 7:40am On Oct 24, 2012
lastpage:
Caveat: if Baba Obj has approached Fashola as "an Egbon", omo oduduwa .... and Fashola was the one proving "i be SAN, today na today!" shocked ...
...Then his time in Politics, especially the dirty Nigerian Politics, is limited...except he learns fast!
Even abroad, "man-know and respect-man" is not totally absent but it is done "quietly"!

As in "shhhhiiish"

Oga Lastpage, that is exactly my thinking on this matter. There is no where in the world were little concessions are not made to appease certain interests for the larger good. While nobody is above the law, it would be extremely naive to think that everybody is 'equal' before the law. That's only on paper, never in reality - anywhere in the world.

It is sufficient to impound a vehicle belonging to Obasanjo Farms - to 'prove' that no one is above the law. Having said that, it is also sensible to ensure that the token fine is paid quickly - even if it means paying it discreetly on OBJ's behalf - and releasing the vehicle accordingly. That way, you would have satisfied yourself that due punishment (i.e. fines) have been administered for an offence (i.e. traffic violation). Holding on to the damn vehicle indefinitely, even after OBJ has deigned to call him, as an egbon to an aburo, - over a mere vehicle - is extremely churlish and imprudent. This is especially as we all know that Fashola and his LASTMA goons would never try this with any vehicle belonging to Tinubu and his cohorts.

I am quite surprised that OBJ (despite the billions of dollars he probably looted) is so passionate about his farm business that he took it upon himself to personally call Fashola to help secure a quick release of his vehicle, laden with livestock and other farm produce. Fashola didn't need to be so stubborn over such triviality that could have lasting implications. The 1diot seems to forget that he wouldn't be governor forever. The masses are already against him (for his draconian laws, Okada ban, etc), the military rank and file are nursing a grudge against him (for 'humiliating' them) and waiting to teach him a lesson, Tinubu can't wait to get rid of him in 2015 and install a less pompous stooge in the Alausa Round-House, and now he is alienating 'dieties' like OBJ who may prove useful in one way or the other tomorrow. Everything Fashola does these days reeks of lack of wisdom and common sense. He has lost touch with reality, and he would be a desperately lonely and vulnerable man after 2015. Let's wait and see.

3 Likes

Re: Obasanjo, Fashola At Loggerhead Over Seized Vehicle by kaeto(m): 7:42am On Oct 24, 2012
NO BODY IS ABOVE THE LAW. OBJ AND HIS COHORTS LEFT NIGERIA IN A MESS WITH THEIR LAWLESS WAY OF LIFE AND EVEN A FOOL CAN TELL THAT THAT ERA OF OVER BLOATED EGO IS LONG GONE. HE IS UNDER THE LAW AND MUST BEAR THE FULL WEIGHT OF IT. I COMMEND FASH ON THIS FEAT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" / Photo Of Guests Assembling For Presentation Of Certificate Of Return For Buhari / Why We Dismissed Atiku’s Petition Challenging Buhari In Its Entirety - Tribunal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.