Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,836 members, 7,817,466 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:45 PM

Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" (28936 Views)

Buhari Earns $58bn In 27 Months To Jonathan’s $454bn In 6 Years / Fayose Reacts To Trump's Victory: "Obama Got What He Did To Jonathan'' / How I Leaked Sanusi’s Letter On Missing $49 Billion Oil Money – Amaechi. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by metroparrot: 6:40pm On May 05, 2016
Nigeria's Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has denied reports that he leaked the famous letter ex CBN governor, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi, wrote to ex President Goodluck Jonathan over missing $20bn crude oil funds.

He released a statement to this effect:

Our attention has been drawn to reports in the media that tend to infer and suggest that immediate past governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. ChibuikeRotimi Amaechi surreptitiously and clandestinely‘leaked’ a letter written by former Central Bank ofNigeria (CBN) governor and now Emir of Kano, Sanusi Muhammad 11 to then President Goodluck Jonathan on the non-remittance of $49.8 billion from oil sale to the federation account. This is further from the truth and what exactly transpired as regards Amaechi’s involvement in that Sanusi letter.

To put the records straight, we want to categorically state that:

1. A concerned and patriotic Nigerian, who felt sufficiently troubled with what was happening then, gave a copy of the Sanusi letter to Amaechi in Amaechi’s capacity as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF). Like Amaechi, we should appreciate that concerned Nigerian’s patriotism.

2. When Amaechi got the letter, he spoke with Sanusi, who was still the CBN governor to confirm the authenticity of the letter. Sanusi confirmed to Amaechi that he wrote the letter. During their conversation, Amaechi made it abundantly clear to the then CBN governor that the bleeding of the nation had to be stopped, all non-remitted funds remitted and that he (Amaechi) was going to use the letter to do whatever is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, which was the stoppage of the non-remittance and the recovery of all the non-remitted funds from oil sale. The CBN Governor didn’t agree with Amaechi on the way forward.

3. Considering that the letter was given to Amaechi as Chairman of the Governors’ Forum, he shared the letter with his colleague governors first, and with Senator Bukola Saraki(now Senate President), who before and around that period was doing some work or/and investigation around the oil sector in the Senate.

4. Around that period, a delegation from the United States of America government, from the offices of the Secretaries of State and Defense visited Amaechi in Port Harcourt to discuss the issue of oil theft in Nigeria. From their records, they gave Amaechi figures of billions of dollars (about $7 billion dollars, annually) that was being lost to oil theft in Nigeria. They were discussing the issue and figures of oil theft, and that was how the CBN governor’s letter to PresidentJonathan came up. In the presence of journalists covering the visit, Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the visiting American delegation to buttress the point that Nigeria was losing far more money to non-remittance of proceeds from oil sale into the federation account, which everyone seemed to concur,was in itself, another form and another dimension to the issue of oil theft.

5. To suggest, infer or even extrapolate that Rt. Hon. Chibuike RotimiAmaechi surreptitiously, clandestinely or underhandedly ‘leaked’ the CBN governor’s(Sanusi’s) letter is indeed most unfair, disrespectful and uncharitable to his person. Amaechi did what he did because he believed that the theft and corruption was just too much. He was propelled by his patriotic zeal to put Nigeria first, do what is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, and stop the bleeding and sucking of our collective resources by a tiny few. The mindboggling corruption revelations in the recent past that is still ongoing clearly justifies and vindicates Amaechi’sstance on the issue and the actions he took. Faced with the same situation, under similar circumstances, Amaechi will not act differently. The good of Nigeria, putting the nation and Nigerians first, will always be his guiding principle.

CHIBUIKE ROTIMI AMAECHI MEDIA OFFICE

May 5, 2016.

http://www.metronaija.com/2016/05/sanusi-lied-against-me-amaechi-on.html

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by menstrualpad: 6:46pm On May 05, 2016
sad the judas of ubimma. hope you are enjoying your 30 shekels.

Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the visiting American delegation

betraying your country leadership by revealing sensitive documents carelessly....worse than what Sanusi even said!

I don't respond 2 mentions ... watch my dust!

139 Likes 11 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Sweetguy25: 6:46pm On May 05, 2016
Idiot. A ragtag thief like Amaechi having the audacity and nerve to reveal confidential documents to foreigners tell a lot. Such acts would not have been tolerated under a more intolerant administration like OBJ's.
Amaechi is nothing but a pot-bellied hypocrite. Look at how he left Rivers State in a state of asphyxia. People could no longer breathe. Animal

72 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by VulgarVulvas: 6:59pm On May 05, 2016
Amaechi denying now because he knows he has no integrity among his treacherous band.

"if he can betray his brother and people, he will sooner or later betray us" - Sanusi to Buhari.

72 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:07pm On May 05, 2016
ok
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Bellzee: 7:08pm On May 05, 2016
I need popcorn for this, Amaechi is a joker shocked

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Nobody: 7:12pm On May 05, 2016
When Amaechi got the letter, he spoke with Sanusi, who was still the CBN governor to confirm the authenticity of the letter. Sanusi confirmed to Amaechi that he wrote the letter.
When Jonathan questioned Sanusi on who else must have seen or leaked the letter, Sanusi blatantly lied that he had no idea of whom that might be!

All these were clandestine skullduggeries and premeditated cabals exerted just to besmirch GEJ and make Nigerians turn against the Him.

67 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by youngeagle(m): 7:33pm On May 05, 2016
Amechi always on the bad news..this guy is one of my case study in Nigerian politics,still can't imagine his end.

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Osyxcel(m): 7:52pm On May 05, 2016
Bellzee:
I need popcorn for this, Amaechi is a joker shocked

Why popcorn when you can have a good meal while watching?

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Khez: 8:17pm On May 05, 2016
But they're still saying same thing ni....

He leaked it be say him leak am, he should stop speaking big english to confuse people here!

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by LadyExcellency: 8:22pm On May 05, 2016
The unfortunate thing is that the same NNPC is now withholding far more dollars than they did in previous administration.

When you quantify the monthly loses in billions of dollars declare by NNPC as stolen then Nigeria supposed to be burning now and not tomorrow.

Bunch of misguided and self acclaimed unfortunate auditors

NNPC Made No Dollar Remittance To Federation Account For 8 Months

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC has swept all the proceeds it made from oil and gas exports since April, 2015 to service Joint Venture (JV) Cash Call funding, implying, according to the report, a zero remittance to Federation Account from its operations.

The oil company report made available yesterday showed that it’s losses rose to N255.28 billion from N240.98bn recorded in October. The firm’s loss for the month of November alone was N14.29bn up from N12.22bn recorded in October.

For instance, in November, the corporation recorded $402.55 million as proceeds from Crude oil sales, LPG, NLNG Feedstock as well as miscellaneous receipts.

It diverted all the $402.55 million receipts to fund JV Cash Call obligation. It said the $402.55m even fell short of the $615.8m monthly requirement to fund its JV cash call.

A total of N255.28bn was lost by the NNPC between January and November this year, latest figures from the firm’s monthly financial and operations report for November 2015 have shown.

The last remittance to the Federation Account by the corporation was $184.9bn in April.

59.6% of the losses were attributed to mainly claimable pipeline repairs/management cost of N95.37bn, crude and product losses of N56.68bn due to vandalized pipelines.

The corporate headquarters of the oil firm posted the heaviest loss till date with N153.32bn. Its product supply and distribution arm, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC) posted N69.60bn while all the three refineries are listed to have lost over N70bn till date.

Like in October, the refineries also recorded zero capacity utilisation in the month of November just as they recorded a loss of N7.21 billion for the latest month.

“Total crude processed by the three refineries for the month of November 2015 was zero,” the report said.

NNPC blamed the continued decline on oil price and consequent deterioration in crude oil and gas receipt as the major reasons for the shortfall and subsequent non- remittance to the federation account.

The report said, “Total export crude oil and gas receipt for the period of January - November 2015 is $4.54 billion. Of the total receipts, the sum of $0.61 billion was remitted to Federation Account while the balance of $3.94 billion was used to fund the JV Cash Call for the period. Thus JV funding has gulped more than 86% of the proceeds”

Giving explanations for the decline, it said, “The deterioration in Crude Oil and Gas receipt is in response to continued decline in oil price. Thus the proceeds are no longer sufficient to service the JV Cash Call obligation and remit to Federation Account. JV cash call is a first line charge to Federation Account and 2015 Approved Budget requires monthly funding of about $615.8m.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nnpc-made-no-dollar-remittance-to-federation-account-for-8-months/126896.html

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by SleekAboki: 8:38pm On May 05, 2016
Buhari should be very careful with sensitive documents around ameachi.

19 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by DIKEnaWAR: 8:41pm On May 05, 2016
I can understand Amaechi's dilemma. It is like that of the house boy whose master shifted the blame and responsibility of a mistress discovered in the house by the wife. He'll have so many things to tell oga's wife as to why he should not be punished, but cannot do it.

If it were Goodluck Jonathan now, he'd have rained insults on him and spoken like they were at war.

BTW, he just acknowledged that he leaked the letter, on the prompting of his masters. Why didn't Saraki or Sanusi choose to leak it by themselves? It is because they know they have a clown whose mouth is applied before his brain.

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Pidggin(f): 8:46pm On May 05, 2016
Wherever Amaechi is, trouble follows him.

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by iflywithbuhari(f): 8:48pm On May 05, 2016
MR Ameachi, there is a word for what you did. It's called TREASON, and I believe it carries the death sentence. Even Edward Snowden, and Assange, with all the good they did, still had to flee their respective countries, because no matter the benefits to humanity, the LAW is the LAW. And so, the fact that you are not yet in jail cooling your heels is very puzzling. But, not to worry, I heard that the next administration will take good care of you.

33 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Grundig: 8:53pm On May 05, 2016
This is not the first time this news is makinmg the rounds.

This news made headlines just before the elecxtions or after GEJ had lost but Amaechi failed to make any statemnt to that effect.

My question is what's the difference btweewn then and now? I mean GEJ was Sufficiently weakened at the time the letter was revealed so he coiuldnt have gone after Amaechi espcially as he had the headache known as sanusi at th time.
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by gebest: 8:55pm On May 05, 2016
Amaechi the lion of Obinma, the killer of pdp nd the distroyer of Jeg.

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by coldubako(m): 8:59pm On May 05, 2016
What is the difference?

He leaked it to governors and to foreigners.

Good one amaech. You know you still have some more to leak. Make sure you do in the interest of Nigeria.

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Bugatie(m): 9:06pm On May 05, 2016
Something in me likes this fight that's loading

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Nbote(m): 9:17pm On May 05, 2016
LadyExcellency:
The unfortunate thing is that the same NNPC is now withholding far more dollars than they did in previous administration.

When you quantify the monthly loses in billions of dollars declare by NNPC as stolen then Nigeria supposed to be burning now and not tomorrow.

Bunch of misguided and self acclaimed unfortunate auditors

NNPC Made No Dollar Remittance To Federation Account For 8 Months

The Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation NNPC has swept all the proceeds it made from oil and gas exports since April, 2015 to service Joint Venture (JV) Cash Call funding, implying, according to the report, a zero remittance to Federation Account from its operations.

The oil company report made available yesterday showed that it’s losses rose to N255.28 billion from N240.98bn recorded in October. The firm’s loss for the month of November alone was N14.29bn up from N12.22bn recorded in October.

For instance, in November, the corporation recorded $402.55 million as proceeds from Crude oil sales, LPG, NLNG Feedstock as well as miscellaneous receipts.

It diverted all the $402.55 million receipts to fund JV Cash Call obligation. It said the $402.55m even fell short of the $615.8m monthly requirement to fund its JV cash call.

A total of N255.28bn was lost by the NNPC between January and November this year, latest figures from the firm’s monthly financial and operations report for November 2015 have shown.

The last remittance to the Federation Account by the corporation was $184.9bn in April.

59.6% of the losses were attributed to mainly claimable pipeline repairs/management cost of N95.37bn, crude and product losses of N56.68bn due to vandalized pipelines.

The corporate headquarters of the oil firm posted the heaviest loss till date with N153.32bn. Its product supply and distribution arm, the Pipelines and Products Marketing Company (PPMC) posted N69.60bn while all the three refineries are listed to have lost over N70bn till date.

Like in October, the refineries also recorded zero capacity utilisation in the month of November just as they recorded a loss of N7.21 billion for the latest month.

“Total crude processed by the three refineries for the month of November 2015 was zero,” the report said.

NNPC blamed the continued decline on oil price and consequent deterioration in crude oil and gas receipt as the major reasons for the shortfall and subsequent non- remittance to the federation account.

The report said, “Total export crude oil and gas receipt for the period of January - November 2015 is $4.54 billion. Of the total receipts, the sum of $0.61 billion was remitted to Federation Account while the balance of $3.94 billion was used to fund the JV Cash Call for the period. Thus JV funding has gulped more than 86% of the proceeds”

Giving explanations for the decline, it said, “The deterioration in Crude Oil and Gas receipt is in response to continued decline in oil price. Thus the proceeds are no longer sufficient to service the JV Cash Call obligation and remit to Federation Account. JV cash call is a first line charge to Federation Account and 2015 Approved Budget requires monthly funding of about $615.8m.

http://www.dailytrust.com.ng/news/business/nnpc-made-no-dollar-remittance-to-federation-account-for-8-months/126896.html

Don't mind d hypocrites.. But what do we know, they'll always come up with excuses being the Saints they are and their followers are pathetic and dumb

13 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Goddex: 10:03pm On May 05, 2016
[size=18pt]So, where is the money now?

APC should show us where the so called $29b is.
[/size]

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Petdagr8t(m): 10:13pm On May 05, 2016
[quote aumetroparrot post=45344884]Nigeria's Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has denied reports that he leaked the famous letter ex CBN governor, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi, wrote to ex President Goodluck Jonathan over missing $20bn crude oil funds.

Our attention has been drawn to reports in the media that tend to infer and suggest that immediate past governor of Rivers State and now Minister of Transportation, Rt. Hon. ChibuikeRotimi Amaechi surreptitiously and clandestinely‘leaked’ a letter written by former Central Bank ofNigeria (CBN) governor and now Emir of Kano, Sanusi Muhammad 11 to then President Goodluck Jonathan on the non-remittance of $49.8 billion from oil sale to the federation account. This is further from the truth and what exactly transpired as regards Amaechi’s involvement in that Sanusi letter.

1. A concerned and patriotic Nigerian, who felt sufficiently troubled with what was happening then, gave a copy of the Sanusi letter to Amaechi in Amaechi’s capacity as the chairman of the Nigerian Governors’ Forum (NGF). Like Amaechi, we should appreciate that concerned Nigerian’s patriotism.

2. When Amaechi got the letter, he spoke with Sanusi, who was still the CBN governor to confirm the authenticity of the letter. Sanusi confirmed to Amaechi that he wrote the letter. During their conversation, Amaechi made it abundantly clear to the then CBN governor that the bleeding of the nation had to be stopped, all non-remitted funds remitted and that he (Amaechi) was going to use the letter to do whatever is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, which was the stoppage of the non-remittance and the recovery of all the non-remitted funds from oil sale. The CBN Governor didn’t agree with Amaechi on the way forward.

3. Considering that the letter was given to Amaechi as Chairman of the Governors’ Forum, he shared the letter with his colleague governors first, and with Senator Bukola Saraki(now Senate President), who before and around that period was doing some work or/and investigation around the oil sector in the Senate.

4. Around that period, a delegation from the United States of America government, from the offices of the Secretaries of State and Defense visited Amaechi in Port Harcourt to discuss the issue of oil theft in Nigeria. From their records, they gave Amaechi figures of billions of dollars (about $7 billion dollars, annually) that was being lost to oil theft in Nigeria. They were discussing the issue and figures of oil theft, and that was how the CBN governor’s letter to PresidentJonathan came up. In the presence of journalists covering the visit, Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the visiting American delegation to buttress the point that Nigeria was losing far more money to non-remittance of proceeds from oil sale into the federation account, which everyone seemed to concur,was in itself, another form and another dimension to the issue of oil theft.

5. To suggest, infer or even extrapolate that Rt. Hon. Chibuike RotimiAmaechi surreptitiously, clandestinely or underhandedly ‘leaked’ the CBN governor’s(Sanusi’s) letter is indeed most unfair, disrespectful and uncharitable to his person. Amaechi did what he did because he believed that the theft and corruption was just too much. He was propelled by his patriotic zeal to put Nigeria first, do what is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, and stop the bleeding and sucking of our collective resources by a tiny few. The mindboggling corruption revelations in the recent past that is still ongoing clearly justifies vindicates Amaechi’sstance on the issue and the actions he took. Faced with the same situation, under similar circumstances, Amaechi will not act differently. The good of Nigeria, putting the nation and Nigerians first, will always be his guiding principle.

May 5, 2016.

cc: lalasticlala mynd44 chai Amechi I pity your foolishness so na so u mumu?

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by BeardedMeat(m): 10:50pm On May 05, 2016
I hope Saraki goes ahead to prepare a place for Amaechi in hell!
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by oshe11: 10:57pm On May 05, 2016
metroparrot:
Nigeria's Minister of Transportation, Rotimi Amaechi, has denied reports that he leaked the famous letter ex CBN governor, Emir Muhammadu Sanusi, wrote to ex President Goodluck Jonathan over missing $20bn crude oil funds.

5. To suggest, infer or even extrapolate that Rt. Hon. Chibuike RotimiAmaechi surreptitiously, clandestinely or underhandedly ‘leaked’ the CBN governor’s(Sanusi’s) letter is indeed most unfair, disrespectful and uncharitable to his person. Amaechi did what he did because he believed that the theft and corruption was just too much. He was propelled by his patriotic zeal to put Nigeria first, do what is in the best interest of the nation and Nigerians, and stop the bleeding and sucking of our collective resources by a tiny few. The mindboggling corruption revelations in the recent past that is still ongoing clearly justifies and vindicates Amaechi’sstance on the issue and the actions he took. Faced with the same situation, under similar circumstances, Amaechi will not act differently. The good of Nigeria, putting the nation and Nigerians first, will always be his guiding principle.

May 5, 2016.

cc: lalasticlala mynd44
qwantinue
Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by Nobody: 11:15pm On May 05, 2016
Lolz...una hear am? Another cinema don start for Naija. Actors everywhere u go!

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by wowmenow: 11:32pm On May 05, 2016
Amechi saboteur
Emir talkatives

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:28am On May 06, 2016
This Press Release only confirms that Amaechi indeed gave it to the press.

For those that need summary;

- Sanusi wrote the letter to Jonathan

- An unnamed man gave the letter to Amaechi in his capacity as Governors Forum Chairman.

- Amaechi gave working orders to Sanusi after confirming that he wrote the letter. An order Sanusi declined because he doesn't take orders from Amaechi.

- Amaechi shared the letter to his fellow governors and Sen Saraki.

- He also shared it to visiting USA delegation in PRESENCE of journalist.

4. Around that period, a delegation from the
United States of America government, from the
offices of the Secretaries of State and Defense
visited Amaechi in Port Harcourt to discuss
the issue of oil theft in Nigeria. From their
records, they gave Amaechi figures of billions
of dollars (about $7 billion dollars, annually)
that was being lost to oil theft in Nigeria. They
were discussing the issue and figures of oil
theft, and that was how the CBN governor’s
letter to PresidentJonathan came up. In the
presence of journalists covering the visit,
Amaechi brought out the Sanusi letter to the
visiting American delegation
to buttress the
point that Nigeria was losing far more money
to non-remittance of proceeds from oil sale
into the federation account, which everyone
seemed to concur,was in itself, another form
and another dimension to the issue of oil
theft.

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by 989900: 3:00am On May 06, 2016
Who leaked it is now the criminal; not who stole it?

SMH @ y'all, y'all deserve the sufferings from corrupt governance that you get.

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by opalu: 3:16am On May 06, 2016
Hmm. Accusations. Is that what we need now?

1 Like

Re: Amaechi: "How I Leaked Sanusi's Letter To Jonathan" by stinggy(m): 6:44am On May 06, 2016
So after this long talk, who revealed the letter?
You shared it with governors, none of them exposed it. Shared it with Saraki, he didn't expose it. But just to buttress your point, you brought the papers out for a visiting team from USA.
That's a very dishonourable thing and a crime against your country.
These are the things that happen when you talk too much.
Fools!

11 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Old Woman Empowered With Bicycle In Abia. Photos / Abdulsalami Apologises To Southern Leaders On Miyetti Allah / Duke Abiola: $9.3b Not $6b Was Stolen By Jonathan’s Minister

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.