Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,304 members, 7,954,226 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:50 PM

The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) - Literature (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) (102676 Views)

Lighthouse In Amazon (Complete Novel) / Life Under The Table (A Complete Novel) / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 12:26am On Mar 29, 2015
Adesege:
Phew!

Mr. Larry the mysterious one.

Now i understand the sequel after reading this.

I love the twists. Unlike Nollywood movies where i know where it'll end from the begining. You got me using my brain to decipher the next line of action. I like that!

I saw a comment telling u to get published. I think i'm seconding that.

"No one is interested in the process but the product". So Mr. Larry, go out there and get published. It'll add more to your feathers. Remember your character, Ariel, in the sequel. Let the challenges make you.

- Adesege
Thank you so much, sir, for reading. I'm happier that you enjoyed reading it. I promise never to disappoint you, sir.

About publishing; I want to get published, I want to get published than anything else. But, unfortunately, publishing seems like a tough venture. With many attempts, I've discovered that you have to be connected with people of high status for you to get published with good publishers. I don't want to settle for less. I refuse to acknowledge the offers of the mushroom publishers who offer only paltry sums. This isn't pride; it's just that I've sacrificed too much for my stories to allow them fade into obscurity after a few months of getting published. I know nobody; I'm just a simple guy who lives alone with a table, chair, pen and paper. Many have advised me to delve into self-publishing, but fund is also another tiny straw. I finished The Brand of Cain in 2010; after five years, it has gotten to that stage where I'm no more in haste to get published. Funny enough, my frustration inspired me to create the Ariel character in the sequel smiley . I'm sure that one day, somehow, my stories will bloom to the world. The light at the end of the bridge is what keeps me going; it's what's making me plot stories over stories, and I'm not going to stop until I give my last sigh, even if that light I see in the tunnel is the flash of an oncoming train, I'll remain steadfast.

Thank you so much, sir, for your concern. May God bless you and your family. Hopefully, one day, you will lie in your cosy room reading a paperback by Larry Sun smiley .

3 Likes

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Adesege(m): 8:31am On Mar 29, 2015
You see, that's one of the challenges facing the youths of this country. Everyone has one idea or the other but there are usually no fund to execute them. But one thing keeps us going, determination!

You know, i added meeting people to my hobbies when i realised you don't just sit at home and let the money come to you, you've got to move out, attend occassions of interest and share your idea. A guy said something about giving you some of his contacts here on this thread, i think he can bear me witness to that.

Mr. Larry, the light i'm seeing at the end of the bridge is more than that of a train or an hydraulic powered bulbs. What you seek is just miles from you but you just gotta act to get it. Thanks for your popularity here.

Self-Publishing would have been okay except for the funds like you said. But, have you ever thought of writing to Wole Soyinka and others? Gracious me! If they stand for what they are, they should be able to assist you and bring you up the ladder. Nothing is impossible Dear brother. They are humans just like yourself and I.

I once delved into the publishing business some years ago but i bet my contacts can't help.

I've flair for writing, but i'm a web developer. I really wish i can be of help. I look forward to watching your interview on one of these National TV stations.
LarrySun:
Thank you so much, sir, for reading. I'm happier that you enjoyed reading it. I promise never to disappoint you, sir.

About publishing; I want to get published, I want to get published than anything else. But, unfortunately, publishing seems like a tough venture. With many attempts, I've discovered that you have to be connected with people of high status for you to get published with good publishers. I don't want to settle for less. I refuse to acknowledge the offers of the mushroom publishers who offer only paltry sums. This isn't pride; it's just that I've sacrificed too much for my stories to allow them fade into obscurity after a few months of getting published. I know nobody; I'm just a simple guy who lives alone with a table, chair, pen and paper. Many have advised me to delve into self-publishing, but fund is also another tiny straw. I finished The Brand of Cain in 2010; after five years, it has gotten to that stage where I'm no more in haste to get published. Funny enough, my frustration inspired me to create the Ariel character in the sequel smiley . I'm sure that one day, somehow, my stories will bloom to the world. The light at the end of the bridge is what keeps me going; it's what's making me plot stories over stories, and I'm not going to stop until I give my last sigh, even if that light I see in the tunnel is the flash of an oncoming train, I'll remain steadfast.

Thank you so much, sir, for your concern. May God bless you and your family. Hopefully, one day, you will lie in your cosy room reading a paperback by Larry Sun smiley .
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by tkpoint2(m): 4:31pm On Apr 14, 2015
This is a great work. No doubt you will go places.

- K.O.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:36pm On May 08, 2015
tkpoint2:
This is a great work. No doubt you will go places.

- K.O.
Thank you so much, sir. smiley
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 7:40pm On May 08, 2015
1stUnique:
Mehn.. The story is superb. 5***** for larry. God bless u bros
Thank you so much, sir. cheesy
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by OMA4U(m): 9:08pm On May 08, 2015
LarrySun:

This is touching.....

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:26pm On May 08, 2015
OMA4U:
This is touching.....

So so touching! Stories like this are what discouraged me from diving into this art with body and mind.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by nimat158(f): 5:50pm On May 12, 2015
can som1 pls post d link to HOUSEHOLD SERIES nd THE PARADOX OF ABEL.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by OMA4U(m): 6:27am On May 13, 2015
nimat158:
can som1 pls post d link to HOUSEHOLD SERIES nd THE PARADOX OF ABEL.
Paradox of Abel www.nairaland.com/1132025/paradox-abel-sequel
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by nimat158(f): 10:35am On May 13, 2015
THANKZ
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Calmdove(f): 4:46pm On Jul 07, 2015
Wow wow wow wow wow!!!!! Larrysun u are d bomb..omg!! U ar so blessed and talented,i av been eyeing ur story 4 quite a long time but never 4 once tryed 2 read it but when i read dis brand of cain... I was spellbounded with everytin. i never knew dat av missed alot with d twist, suspense and how connected everyone were.seriously larrysun u made me speechless and mesmerize by dis ur gr8t story*****i pray dat God wil take u 2 higher level..amen**if i didnt comment i wil just be ungrateful..muahhh
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:39pm On Jul 09, 2015
Meeeehhhhnnnnn!!! Dis is niiiiiccceee
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 2:59pm On Jul 10, 2015
Calmdove:
Wow wow wow wow wow!!!!! Larrysun u are d bomb..omg!! U ar so blessed and talented,i av been eyeing ur story 4 quite a long time but never 4 once tryed 2 read it but when i read dis brand of cain... I was spellbounded with everytin. i never knew dat av missed alot with d twist, suspense and how connected everyone were.seriously larrysun u made me speechless and mesmerize by dis ur gr8t story*****i pray dat God wil take u 2 higher level..amen**if i didnt comment i wil just be ungrateful..muahhh
Thank you so much, ma'am. I'm so glad you enjoyed the story. smiley
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 3:00pm On Jul 10, 2015
discoprophet:
Meeeehhhhnnnnn!!! Dis is niiiiiccceee
Thank you so much, sir. wink
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Memunah(f): 11:53pm On Jul 11, 2015
Wow!Wow!Wow!......Larrysun,I doff my hat for you
I have read almost all Hardley Chase novels and I really love crime stories......For this am dumbfounded,am a voracious reader,you had me glued to my phone all through......please publish this as soon as you can...can't wait to have a copy
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:09pm On Aug 05, 2015
thank goodness I came across this story...Wow boss larrysun,you got me glued to my phone..This is truly your calling.... pls mention me anytime you have a story running on Nl,I shouldn't miss any of your stories
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2015
prettydiva89:
thank goodness I came across this story...Wow boss larrysun,you got me glued to my phone..This is truly your calling.... pls mention me anytime you have a story running on Nl,I shouldn't miss any of your stories
Thank you so much, ma'am. cheesy My Black Maria is still running.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 8:23pm On Aug 05, 2015
Memunah:
I have read almost all Hardley Chase novels and I really love crime stories......For this am dumbfounded,am a voracious reader,you had me glued to my phone all through......please publish this as soon as you can...can't wait to have a copy
Thank you a bunch, ma'am. I'm glad the story met up to your expectation.

I'll definitely let you know as soon as it is published.

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2015
LarrySun:
Thank you so much, ma'am. cheesy My Black Maria is still running.
I need the link pls
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2015

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by maemunat: 12:41am On Aug 11, 2015
weldone larry i do read stories on nairaland bt i ve neva give a comment bt wit dis ur work i nid to comment u really did a great job. mire grease to ur elbow
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 2:32pm On Aug 17, 2015
Cover jacket (Front)

2 Likes

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by plainmirror(m): 5:51pm On Sep 04, 2015
This is one of the best stories I have read so far.

Agrigatoo Larrysun !

I look forward to reading more of your prolific handiworks.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Gideon9947: 11:28am On Sep 16, 2015
mr larry ure too much,the story is full of suspense,just one of d best,funny i just read it now since 2012.God will sign ur success story IJN.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Nobody: 7:47pm On Sep 16, 2015
Okay.. This is officially the best story I've ever read on Nairaland. cool

Well done, LarrySun.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 8:56pm On Sep 16, 2015
Finally, your favourite detective story, The Brand of Cain, has been published online.

The revised e-book is now available online for download in OkadaBooks at two hundred naira only...or $1.

Visit http://okadabooks.com/book/about/9975 to get you copy.

For all Android users, you will have to download the Okadabooks app on your phone for easy purchase of the book.

May God bless you abundantly as you buy. You are the ones who will make me have a career in writing.
May you never lack as you support my effort. Thank you. smiley

RAVES AND REVIEWS FOR 'THE BRAND OF CAIN':

legendprac:
I normally think ahead of the authors of crime/detective novels, and most times, I arrive @ d correct conclusions before I get to d end of d novel... But larry, u were so Ǧ☺☺ϑ, I didn't K№ω where to start from. I found it hard making a meaningful theory that will help me solve the mystery... (Maybe cuz I stopped reading novels abt 5yrs ago or just cuz u r damn too gud)...

I comot my cap for u joor... I pray u get published...

semid4lyfe:
WOW! WOW! WOW! cool shocked

Just finished the novel like 5 minutes ago and all I'll say is "awesome and close to a masterpiece" kiss

The plot was "tight" with it's many twists & turns. All loose ends were neatly tied up without actually being tied firmly. . .the reason for the sequel.

Obviously, a lot of research went into your writing of this book and it didn't all emanate from the brain. Still, I couldn't help feeling some of the settings, language and mannerism of some of the characters was "un-Nigerian". Another thing is over-description and over-explanation dey worry you the novel.

All in all, a very interesting and brilliant novel. To SMS, THE BRAND OF CAIN IS THE BEST LITERARY WORK I'VE READ BY A NLDer and I'm glad I voted for you in the poll.

Holla at me when it's published cos I'll definitely cop a copy. On to the next one - The Paradox of Abel

Lest I forget. . .Larry, you sabi English o shocked

Calmdove:

Memunah:

texanomaly:
I just started reading this thread. I am only at chapter 3. I have to stop reading because I can't stop crying. I can see that this story is going to take me on an emotional roller coaster. My heart is broken for this boy/man. cry

Once again, the book is available here: http://okadabooks.com/book/about/9975

How to Buy the Book

You will first have to download the trending Okadabooks app from Playstore.

1. Visit www.okadabooks.com
2. Sign up for a free account
3. Download the app
4. After installing, log in
5. Click on 'Account/Refill' on the right dashboard, this will take you to a page with details of your account
6. Click on the 'Refill' link on top

Methods of Payment

There are five methods of paying into Okadabooks before buying a book.

1. The Recharge Card Option: This is most convenient for everyone in Nigeria, but the card must be an Etisalat. After getting the pin, don't load it on your phone. There is a column on the page for you to enter your 15-digit card number.

2. GTB Bank Transfer (Nigeria):
Make payment to OKADA BOOKS LTD
Account Number: 0136442977
Include your Okadabooks USERNAME under REMARK
Notify okada@okadabooks.com if account is not credited within 24 hours.

3. Zenith Bank Transfer (Nigeria):
Make payment to OKADA BOOKS LTD
Account Number: 1013546499
Include your okadabooks EMAIL under TRANS. DESC to get credited
Notify okada@okadabooks.com if account is not credited within 24 hours

4. Paga (Nigeria):
Make payment to OKADABOOKS under PAGA merchants
Include your okadabooks EMAIL under ACCT NUM/CUST REF to get credited

5. Paypal (All countries):
Make payment to OKADA@OKADABOOKS.COM under PAYPAL send money
Include your okadabooks EMAIL under EMAIL TO RECIPIENT to get credited

May the heavens smile on you all as you buy. You financial stream shall never run dry. And that stream shall become an ocean. Thank you all.

Humbly yours,

Larry Sun smiley

1 Like

Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Opeoluwa99(f): 11:20pm On Sep 28, 2015
Wow,this is like kilodeeee! I keep asking myself why is Nigeria's entertainment industry so poooooor,as in POOR.

That's because they don't recognise talents like yours sir and they are too POOR in recruiting talented individuals like YOU,insect-eye people and my instincts tells me that they don't surf d internet for forums like Nairaland.So POOR

Someone has got to tell them about Nairaland.
Nairaland-ers could you do the honor.
Great story sir,talents like yours ought to be appreciated.
Kudos to all Nairaland-ers who knows the worth of others.

-Opeoluwa_tyl
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by lovingangel(f): 6:33pm On Oct 27, 2015
I fel lucky to come across dis story on dis forum cuz am not using an android fone whc makes it impossible for me to purchase it on okadabooks but God so good to me I came across it yesterday n ve bin so glued to my fone since yesterday. Dis story is one of d best ve read on nairaland. Me reading it n not commenting means am abara mo re je dnt mind spelling wit yoruba. May God grant u more knowledge n power to write more so as to go high ijn.
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by LarrySun(m): 10:12am On Oct 29, 2015
lovingangel:
I fel lucky to come across dis story on dis forum cuz am not using an android fone whc makes it impossible for me to purchase it on okadabooks but God so good to me I came across it yesterday n ve bin so glued to my fone since yesterday. Dis story is one of d best ve read on nairaland. Me reading it n not commenting means am abara mo re je dnt mind spelling wit yoruba. May God grant u more knowledge n power to write more so as to go high ijn.
Thank you so much, Angel. I really appreciate your gesture. I'm sure you would enjoy reading Black Maria too. wink
Re: The Brand Of Cain (A Complete Novel) by Carlson001(m): 9:55pm On Jan 04, 2016
'Chai'... I dont regret joining Nairaland... I jst read d story n its DDDOOOPPPEEE!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (Reply)

Tormented / #my Life / The Day The World Ended

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.