Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,149 members, 7,821,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:50 PM

Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency (15106 Views)

Buhari Raises Alarm, Says Terrorists Returning To Embarrass Govt / Presidency Intensifies Efforts To Discredit Ribadu Report. / Ribadu Report: Sack, Prosecute Oil Minister — Labour, SNG, Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by acidtalk: 10:22am On Oct 26, 2012
Why is this government always on the deffencive?
Always believing someone or group of people are after them.
They so much hate criticism no matter how constructive it is.

Jonathan's government is just damn too corrupt, they are so scared and unclean they try to hide every details no matter how trivial.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 10:34am On Oct 26, 2012
Diezani is so corrupt and inept I no fit shout. This woman set up a committee to do a job. Now, she's setup another panel to 'pick and choose' the content of the ribadu committe.

#fuuuckmesideways#
Where in the world does this happen?
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by taharqa: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2012
CuteTj: I see this current FG as dumb. The report covers a period of 10 years between 2002 - 2012 of which this present government has only been there for 2 years. This report therefore takes into account the administration of Obasanjo, Yar adua then Jonathan. Then how has revealing facts now turned to a plot to embarass the current administration when it isn't only his government that was put into consideration? I simply can't put up anylonger with the nonsense of the President and most especially his mouth piece(s). Wish 2015 is just tomorrow.
I was just going to say that you were bn too naive that sm propagandists wud nt turn this whole thing into a 'get-GEJ, pull his govt down' crusade even if as you said this happend mostly during Obj and Yar'adua eras and that it is GEJ that 4 d 1st time is trying to bring sm measure of openness to an industry that has bn ran like a cult ever since crude oil was discoverd in 9ja( and by d way, they hv already startd the 'GEJ causd everything campaign'). I was going to correct you till i took a lot at yr handle and realisd you are even one of them.....you know it kind of funny hw sm ppl reason- many of u guys count d Pension Scam amongst d 'sins' of GEJ when it was this same GEJ that orderd d Fin Min to probe d payments and overhead in d civil service that found out d sleeze that has bn going on for a loong time in d pensions witout anyone pushing 4 it. Not only are sm of d persons indictd undergoing trials and hv had their properties seizd by d courts, but that same probe discoverd perhaps about 30,000 ghost workers, introducd an IT-basd payment system and is one of d reasons d FG was able to cut overhead cost by half from about #526billion in 2010 to #230billion this time around. Still sm of u still count Pension Scam as one of d crimes of GEJ. Way to go
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by taharqa: 10:46am On Oct 26, 2012
CuteTj: I see this current FG as dumb. The report covers a period of 10 years between 2002 - 2012 of which this present government has only been there for 2 years. This report therefore takes into account the administration of Obasanjo, Yar adua then Jonathan. Then how has revealing facts now turned to a plot to embarass the current administration when it isn't only his government that was put into consideration? I simply can't put up anylonger with the nonsense of the President and most especially his mouth piece(s). Wish 2015 is just tomorrow.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by yohannazack(m): 10:50am On Oct 26, 2012
Does the PIB stop any individual found guilty of subsidy scam to be prosecuted? Wat nigerians are sayin is dis, we have a law dat frowns at corruption, let those who are found guilty be punished.
I wodner how som nigerians reason. This is a govt voted into power by nigerians, if nigerians see dat somtin is wrong they shuldnt xpress their feelins? If dey do, u call dem names (haters/critics). Dis is why thins wil hardly change in dis country. Those of u who think u can defend dis govt simply becus u are havin ur own fair share, wil continue to fail in ur bid to do dat, if u doubt me, ask mr abati, omokri, maku, alison, okonjo etc. D mess in dis govt is so high dat they can only pretend dat evrytin is fine, but nigerians knw dat deep within them, they cant convince nigerians dat everytin is fine. Even the president gej said it. You who are his dogs, knw it dat u cant change d feelins of nigerians toward dis govt if there is no significant/reasonable progress on d side of d govt.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 26, 2012
I am disappointed in Nihi Ribadu. The FGN set up a committee and appointed him to head it,I am shocked that he has not even submitted the report to the FGN before sending to the press. If he has concluded the findings, the sane thing to do is tender the resolution to the FGN and NOT to the press before the Presidency. It is the job of the Government to release information to the press and not the responsibility of Ribadu, this is criminal espionage, and abuse of state resources with wanton recklessness. I am disappointed beyond words, Ribadu needs to tell us which report is flying around, if its the real deal, then there is punishment for leak of state information without necessary going through the FOI acts after due submission and scrutiny of the government, he must be made to face repercussions. Government knew something was wrong before the committee was set up, and Government trusted an opposition political contender and on his credentials to be without bias with the results. Can he do that in China or USA ?
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by lacasa: 10:58am On Oct 26, 2012
yohanna zack: I dont knw why GOD is allowin us to xperience all dis. It wil soon be over by God's grace. Gej is nothin but a carrier of corruption. He promised electricity, yet 100s of millions budgetd fo generators and fuelin. U set up a committee to investigate an issue, after the findins, u set anoda commiti to investigate d findins. Kai, i hav never seen a leader like dis dats so disqualified in almost every aspect.

Nigerians wanted a man with ηo shoes
gringrin
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by blacksta(m): 10:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Suffering and Smiling
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:01am On Oct 26, 2012
The FG didn't set up the committee. Alison Madueke set up the committee herself and appointed Ribadu as the chair. This is why she believes she can do as she wishes.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Gbawe: 11:01am On Oct 26, 2012
OMO IBO:
Diezani is so corrupt and inept I no fit shout. This woman set up a committee to do a job. Now, she's setup another panel to 'pick and choose' the content of the ribadu committe.

#fuuuckmesideways#
Where in the world does this happen?

My guy, Allison-Madueke is hideously corrupt but so is GEJ and many who surround him. In fact I dismissed Ribadu's chance of any success whatsoever when he took up this assignment because I am aware of how grotesquely corrupt the GEJ Government is. Now, I am happy to note that RIbadu has remained a man of integrity who has once again served his Nation patriotically and may actually have 'blind-sided' his boss on this assignment , i.e Allison-Madueke, by leaking this to Reuters to ensure that the report is not 'doctored' to leave a hollow shell of the truth.

Whatever the apologists of GEJ and his Government want to come out with here on this forum, we can all see the revelations of the report to know it is the same crook who causes all the scams and corruption who are pretending to be fighting graft. Allison-Madueke, very skilled at duplicity and deceit, claims she is only sitting on a "draft" yet Reuters tell us that what they received was titled "final report"

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/oct/25/344.html

Oil Minister, Diezani Alison-Madueke told Reuters on Tuesday she had received the report last month but that it was a draft and the government was still supposed to give input. The one seen by Reuters was labeled "Final Report."

Also, what the Ribadu committee identified below, that has not changed under GEJ, is proof the current Government is one very comfortable maintaining the sordid status-quo of destructive corruption despite how it deceitfully arrogated the ludicrous tag of "transformational team" to describe a bunch of crooked disciples only 'transforming' their own pockets.

It is the same way the FG and NNPC, the only authorities empowered to do so, issued marketers licence to many without the capacity or expertise to operate in the fuel importation sector only for GEJ and ALlison-Madueke to now deceitfully shed Crocodile tears and pretend they want to bring scammers to book.

Who unprofessionally issued the Licence to these scammers in the first place? Is this not what Allison-Madueke is famous for? I.e using her position to abet cronies who help her and others loot Nigeria by proxy? It is disgraceful what Ribadu reveals below. A sordid example of how many things not seen elsewhere happens to be the norm in Nigeria to the detriment of our Nation.

http://odili.net/news/source/2012/oct/25/344.html

The probe also said Nigeria was the only nation to sell all its crude through international oil traders rather than directly to refineries, adding that such trades were often opaque.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by takedat(m): 11:03am On Oct 26, 2012
Billyonaire: I am disappointed in Nihi Ribadu. The FGN set up a committee and appointed him to head it,I am shocked that he has not even submitted the report to the FGN before sending to the press. If he has concluded the findings, the sane thing to do is tender the resolution to the FGN and NOT to the press before the Presidency. It is the job of the Government to release information to the press and not the responsibility of Ribadu, this is criminal espionage, and abuse of state resources with wanton recklessness. I am disappointed beyond words, Ribadu needs to tell us which report is flying around, if its the real deal, then there is punishment for leak of state information without necessary going through the FOI acts after due submission and scrutiny of the government, he must be made to face repercussions. Government knew something was wrong before the community was set up, and Government trusted an opposition political contender and on his credentials to be without bias with the results. Can he do that in China or USA ?
How are you so sure it was Ribadu that leaked the report? If truly Ribadu leaked it, it only goes to show that He(Ribadu) feels that all the talk about government trying to make the petroleum industry transparent is all lip service and that the government lacks enough political will to confront the ills in the industry or that a lot of Government officials are involved in these scams who would want to cover it up.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:04am On Oct 26, 2012
The new set up are to come out with a nigerian explaination for the report in 10days ; you know, telling us that green is not actually green in the context of this report, that the report key indicates, whereever you see green, they actually meant blue.
Nigerians by now should know that if there wasn't corruption in this report,only then will the FG qualify it as corrupt. This is just the norm
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by otokx(m): 11:06am On Oct 26, 2012
Government magic dem go dabaru everything.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by taharqa: 11:13am On Oct 26, 2012
acidtalk: Why is this government always on the deffencive?
Always believing someone or group of people are after them.
They so much hate criticism no matter how constructive it is.

Jonathan's government is just damn too corrupt, they are so scared and unclean they try to hide every details no matter how trivial.
You dont know what you are talking about. No govt in 9ja's history has even bn remotely close to this one in openness in governmental processes or to criticisms. Which govt signd d FOI bill and exposed its budget details to scrutiny for God's sake; it seems many of u guys hv severe amnesia about what took place in previous govts or you guys chose to be typical Nigerian noisemaking critics, ko?....there certainly is room for more openness of course; d reason dis govt is a distant 1st is cos previous govts were mainly 'darkness' personified
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:14am On Oct 26, 2012
If you look at this critically, the Nigerian government is not different from Boko Haram, that is killing it own citizens
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 26, 2012
after every every...this same ribadu will come out and say...the report was not true...NAIJA for u.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:21am On Oct 26, 2012
Just finsihed having a chat with mumsy. The woman is pained at the level of corruption and backwardness in nigeria.
While I gave a wry smile she was visibly crestfallen.

Anyway, Oga gbawe, I agree with you for the most part. However, you will agree that many of these ills started way before Jonathan. But the issue here is jonathan's willingness or reluctance to tackle the issues right under his nose. . .Diezani Madueke!

This woman is corruption extra-ordinaire. Bloody hell! She prolly thinks she is doing a good job of hiding her corrupt and incept ways but she continues shooting herself and her boss Jonathan in foot.

1 Like

Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Olaone1: 11:26am On Oct 26, 2012
She had said, “We have set up a team that is looking at them across the board to see if there is a difference in opinion or a difference in perspective.

grin grin
No, Madam, don't mince words here, there is a difference in anticipated outcome.

O ga oo
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 11:28am On Oct 26, 2012
OMO IBO: Just finsihed having a chat with mumsy. The woman is pained at the level of corruption and backwardness in nigeria.

Anyway, Oga gbawe, I agree with you for the most part. However, you will agree that many of these ills started way before Jonathan. But the issue here is jonathan's willingness or reluctance to tackle the issues right under his nose. . .Diezani Madueke!

This woman is corruption extra-ordinaire. Bloody hell! She prolly thinks she is doing a good job of hiding her corrupt and incept ways but she continues shooting herself and her boss Jonathan in foot.

Two of a kind.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Gbawe: 11:36am On Oct 26, 2012
OMO IBO: Just finsihed having a chat with mumsy. The woman is pained at the level of corruption and backwardness in nigeria.

My guy, I have always agreed that our problems did not begin with GEJ. My problem is that, like OBJ and Yar Adua, GEJ is simply another compromised President 'helped' into office and given the mission of keeping things 'business as usual' for the crook milking the nation dry. This is why so many of the most corrupt in the land 'endorsed' GEJ. This is why things are not changing under GEJ. Practices that should have been repealed ages ago thrived under OBJ, endured under Yar Adua and now also continue under GEJ. Redundant processes and practices enduring, from one President to the next, is proof that reveals our Presidents since 1999 are comfortable with aiding the sort of corruption that help a few to rob Nigeria blind.

Did you know that Otedola speaking truthfully ,when asked a way out of the fuel subsidy scam, actually suggested that Nigeria , as a whole Nation, should simply enter into direct negotiation to import refined derivatives of crude instead of using 'middle-men' i.e marketers? My guy, our leaders know the solution even if they refuse to do what is right for obvious reasons. Anyone, for example, thinking "leaner government not possible" is the truth, as GEJ asserted, is simply someone into self-deceit. When we gain a genuinely sincere President, it will be immediately obvious because he will be the leader trying to do things differently in ways that promote transparency and reduce corruption to the benefit of Nigeria.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by taharqa: 11:48am On Oct 26, 2012
yohanna zack: Does the PIB stop any individual found guilty of subsidy scam to be prosecuted? Wat nigerians are sayin is dis, we have a law dat frowns at corruption, let those who are found guilty be punished.
I wodner how som nigerians reason. This is a govt voted into power by nigerians, if nigerians see dat somtin is wrong they shuldnt xpress their feelins? If dey do, u call dem names (haters/critics). Dis is why thins wil hardly change in dis country. Those of u who think u can defend dis govt simply becus u are havin ur own fair share, wil continue to fail in ur bid to do dat, if u doubt me, ask mr abati, omokri, maku, alison, okonjo etc. D mess in dis govt is so high dat they can only pretend dat evrytin is fine, but nigerians knw dat deep within them, they cant convince nigerians dat everytin is fine. Even the president gej said it. You who are his dogs, knw it dat u cant change d feelins of nigerians toward dis govt if there is no significant/reasonable progress on d side of d govt.

1st, stop using d word 'Nigerians' as though you and yr small ilk constituent 'Nigerians'. 2nd, yes there are still considerable levels of corruptn in d diff arms and tiers of govt( my interest is hw do u engage ourselves and d govt in order to deal wit corruptn that is nt only in govt but in d general society, just as we insists on prosecutns).

3rd, yes d PIB bill will significantly affect d opaque oil industry to an extent that we wud hv a much firmer foundation to cleaning up d sector whether now or in future( the questn is hw come many of u noisemakers hv conveniently forgotten that it is has bn in d National assembly for more than 3months and hv only bn 'introducd' when most of us were previously on d neck of d executive to send d bill in d 1st place).

4th, this govt has perhaps taken more ppl to court on corruptn in 2yrs than any govt in 9ja's history, still am not very exitd or hopeful cos of our judicial process. Again, every person who matas(from NBA, civil societies groups, politicians, anticorruptn groups, ethnic groups including myself) hv bn fighting for the appointment of Special Courts or Judges on corruptn since Obj's time to this very yr. GEJ has not only agreed finally but hv urged d CJN at various times to do so, including recently when d new CJN was bn swornd-in and she promisd she wud appoint those judges. It is nw more than 3 months and guess what- there hv bn COMPLETE silence since dat time 4rm those ppl who hv bn seriously campaigning for this since that time, i mean complete silence; this is 4 smthing that is probably d most critical in d fight against corruptn in dis country cos cases wud then be decided in say a yr instead of d 'eternity' it currently takes, and which wud hv since happend if we hv continued to 'remind' d CJN to fulfill her promise and complete d process...

I get d impressn that many of 'us' Nigerians are just good Noisemakers; we are nt really ready to fight corruptn and work to turn-around dis country. I see a lot of dat noisemaking here on this thread
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by FrankC3: 11:54am On Oct 26, 2012
The issue is that people started this campaign against DAM even before she took office, when there was really nothing on her. Why was that? Are we sure we are not fighting alongside a very complex international mafia against our own interests? If you ask them what exactly did DAM do, they will tell you that NNPC is corrupt. This same people will work so hard to pin LATSMA excesses on LATSMA and not on Fash or Transport Commissioner. This is a far bigger battle, oil marketers, IOC, buyers of stolen crude, owners of refineries abroad where Nigerian crude is refined before shipping back are involved and all seem to be singing the same song that subsidy must stay and that DAM must go.
GEJ must go on and get this job done with. For the @Gbawes of this world, we know where they stand. I only pity the comon folks who are just fighting blindly.

2 Likes

Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by omenka(m): 11:58am On Oct 26, 2012
Abati jatijati, mbok, when are you gonna hop in ur own cessna 208 and do us a favour huh? I for one can hardly wait.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by flexdee(m): 12:06pm On Oct 26, 2012
DAM & FG thought Ribadu is going to dance to their tune but reverse is the case, now that the report is way beyond their expectations [cos it exposed them a lot] they want to doctor the report to suit themselves.

Naija grin
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by akorea(m): 12:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
Who wants to embarass the FG? Abati,are you not embarrased that such monumental corruption takes place in your country? Every time you talk,you remind me of Femi Fani-Kayode and his criticsms of Obasanjo before he was invited to come and 'chop'. Go sleep.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Profidada: 12:10pm On Oct 26, 2012
As for me i have lost confidence on this entity called nigeria. I talked, criticised constructively and destructively, prayed and caused these individuals thinking that this politicians will change but nothing happened. Well i have decided to carry my cross, i have started studying hacking with all sense of sincerity, specifically for government agencies like the n.n.p.c, cbn and others. I think is high time a became a beneficiary of this largesse, i cant afford to sit at the fence any more.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Wsdm: 12:23pm On Oct 26, 2012
Why have we refuse to accuse GEJ for stealing our money? If he is not directly involved he supervised it, if not why all these drama for God sake. They may also be planning to do to Ribado what they did to Farouk.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Profidada: 12:26pm On Oct 26, 2012
As for me i have lost hope in this entity called nigeria. I have criticised constructivey and destructively, caused and prayed for these politicians hoping that they will change but it appears the more you talk the more you see. Well i have decided to carry my cross. I have started a course on hacking specifically for government agencies like the nnpc, ministry of petroleum resources, cbn and other lucrative agencies. I cant continue to sit at the fence, i must have a share of this largesse.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 12:29pm On Oct 26, 2012
Profidada: As for me i have lost confidence on this entity called nigeria. I talked, criticised constructively and destructively, prayed and caused these individuals thinking that this politicians will change but nothing happened. Well i have decided to carry my cross, i have started studying hacking with all sense of sincerity, specifically for government agencies like the n.n.p.c, cbn and others. I think is high time a became a beneficiary of this largesse, i cant afford to sit at the fence any more.
shocked shocked shocked So you want to start defacing websites ?
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by CuteTj(m): 12:31pm On Oct 26, 2012
@ taharqa, let me correct you, i have no business as a propagandist. As for me, the greatest sin of the President his how himself and his men (maybe including yourself) think that any criticism (both positive and negative) of his government is an attack on him by people of other tribes/political enemies/propagandists thereby in the process of fighting back they just make the issue more complicated for the President. You guys just continue to bore me with your defences on every issue which is tiring. On my first comment, you haven't/couldn't highlight anything not appropriate in what i said.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Gbawe: 1:07pm On Oct 26, 2012
eGuerrilla:

Two of a kind.

Absolutely.
Re: Ribadu Report, Plan To Embarrass Government - Presidency by Nobody: 1:25pm On Oct 26, 2012
Do I come clean and admit Nigerians have been sold a ruse regarding my fight against corruption?

Goodluck Jonathan - while pondering the findings of yet another report into Nigeria's oil industry grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bode George, Dokpesi For PDP Chairmanship Position / Ondo: 6,000 APC Members Defect To PDP / Enugu Government Seals 8 Banks For Failing To Remit N1bn To The Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.