Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,020 members, 7,841,870 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 04:21 PM

My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice (2058 Views)

Please I Sincerely Need Your Advise Right Now. / Sincerely Need Your Help / Pls I Sincerely Need Ur Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by legacysystems2(f): 4:52pm On Oct 26, 2012
I am a 29 year old lady from a north-western part in Nigeria. Sometime in April this year, I started working with a consulting firm; that was after staying unemployed for 7 months since I got laid off with another firm that decided to reduce its staff strength. It was a trying period for me, I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship and then the retrenchment followed. My life was practically falling apart but I muddled through the trauma till April when luck smiled on me again.

Some weeks into my appointment, I met with a couple people and made new friends, this was quite easy because the work environment is an open space. I had begun loving life once more, my colleagues were really friendly people except for one very nosy single mother, but that didn’t bother me a bit because for once in a very long time, every other thing just made a whole lot sense.

Days rolled into weeks and in three months I was having the best time of my life, I was assigned to do a project that would last 9 months along with 5 other people and the project kicked off the moment all the team members came together.

Rick, as he is popularly called, is on the team as our strategy administrator. He is a tall handsome slightly fair-complexioned man in his early 30s. Due to the nature of our work, we talk often and somehow our conversations got much less formal overtime.

I clearly see that he likes me as he occasionally sends in those early morning texts to check up on me and would sometimes ask to have lunch with me at work; he even waits for me after working hours to give me a ride home. Things are really looking good for us but something is wrong, it’s against the company policy for co-workers to date.

This was our discussion the last time we hung out, Rick openly admitted he likes me and would really love to get into a serious relationship with me but he can’t afford to jeopardise his reputation at work especially because we are both new in our respective roles.

This is quite understandable but looking at how much Rick has made my life colourful, I can’t seem to make a single sense out of this. Should I quit my job so we’d be together or just get on with life pretending this never happened? Quitting my job is a risk I can’t take but it’ll be a very hard task acting as a mere co-worker with Rick and we are only 4 months into the project. I’m at crossroads here. He seems like the dream man, how can I keep him and not lose my job too?

My name is Jane and I sincerely need your advice.
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by YOUNGBOss3(m): 5:04pm On Oct 26, 2012
Serious case.Kindly find out if this guy realy love you.Atleast before you resign,he must propose to marry you before you take such risk.Be Wise.
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by ednut1(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2012
fake story, get a life

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by greedie1(f): 7:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
Me resign from work because of man? It will be a cold day in hell!

Miss jane,this passion you feel, this dizziness of supposedly being in love? It will end. Den reality ll set in... If you must love, be realistic about it. Love wont put food on your table, it wont give u d independence you seek.

U want to be wit him? U guys should ve a good talk and find a way to make it work outside d office. But do not, i repeat do not quit your job unless you ve a replacement.

U dont even know him well enuf yet. Chai, love don turn ur head finish, lol

5 Likes

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by 2goodbobo(m): 10:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
how about resigning from your work after doing a secret wedding with him? Atleast with that you are sure you have a the bird in your hand!
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by fairygeh(f): 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2012
Do not quit ur job
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by cutievik: 11:36pm On Oct 26, 2012
And she heard a voice which replied ''Quite not your job for nature might not smile on you again!''.Be warned
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by DExplorer1: 11:53pm On Oct 26, 2012
If you sincerely wrote this, i like your writting skills.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 26, 2012
Nollywood
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Beync(f): 12:27am On Oct 27, 2012
Do not quit your newly found job op. it's not easy to get a good job these days.
till you realize for sure that things will work out for both of you. for now hmm
don't be faster than your shadow. even if you are going to get married to him,
aint you going to work and save money and have something to show for the wedding?
don't resign pls.
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Konnektions146(m): 12:28am On Oct 27, 2012
it wont make any sense to quit yur job...u guys can actually control yurself and make it work outside de office environment..
one of the reasons y dat guy may have picked interest in yu was cos i pressume u are hardworkin ..
how do u think he will see u when u quit yur job and lazy about just cos of some feelings yu dont even know if its mutual.

ask yurself dese questions, Do u wanna experience dat hardship of unemployment again?
can dis yur man put food on yur table without grudges for a long time?
Can he quit his own job to be with yu?
how are yu sure he wont walk away as soon as yu quit and move on?

please be wise, unless yu are married, nothin is sure!

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Drunk: 1:04am On Oct 27, 2012
Don't be desperate babe, take things easy and don't just get carried away by the good looks and sweet talk of Rick. How are you really sure of what you feel? Sometimes co-workers tend to have such tempting feelings because the task requires constant feed back and update but that doesn't mean your emotion should dictate more to you than your head. I think you really need to slow down a little and don't allow the loneliness you feel push you the wrong way. If everything is real I suggest you people keep it safe till after wedding and then one amongst you should quit but to be too desperate for a man else you start all over again.
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by duni04(m): 2:51am On Oct 27, 2012
legacy_systems: I am a 29 year old lady from a north-western part in Nigeria. Sometime in April this year, I started working with a consulting firm; that was after staying unemployed for 7 months since I got laid off with another firm that decided to reduce its staff strength. It was a trying period for me, I had just gotten out of a terrible relationship and then the retrenchment followed. My life was practically falling apart but I muddled through the trauma till April when luck smiled on me again.

Some weeks into my appointment, I met with a couple people and made new friends, this was quite easy because the work environment is an open space. I had begun loving life once more, my colleagues were really friendly people except for one very nosy single mother, but that didn’t bother me a bit because for once in a very long time, every other thing just made a whole lot sense.

Days rolled into weeks and in three months I was having the best time of my life, I was assigned to do a project that would last 9 months along with 5 other people and the project kicked off the moment all the team members came together.

Rick, as he is popularly called, is on the team as our strategy administrator. He is a tall handsome slightly fair-complexioned man in his early 30s. Due to the nature of our work, we talk often and somehow our conversations got much less formal overtime.

I clearly see that he likes me as he occasionally sends in those early morning texts to check up on me and would sometimes ask to have lunch with me at work; he even waits for me after working hours to give me a ride home. Things are really looking good for us but something is wrong, it’s against the company policy for co-workers to date.

This was our discussion the last time we hung out, Rick openly admitted he likes me and would really love to get into a serious relationship with me but he can’t afford to jeopardise his reputation at work especially because we are both new in our respective roles.

This is quite understandable but looking at how much Rick has made my life colourful, I can’t seem to make a single sense out of this. Should I quit my job so we’d be together or just get on with life pretending this never happened? Quitting my job is a risk I can’t take but it’ll be a very hard task acting as a mere co-worker with Rick and we are only 4 months into the project. I’m at crossroads here. He seems like the dream man, how can I keep him and not lose my job too?

My name is Jane and I sincerely need your advice.
I'll just tell you to ignore whatever the guy's throwing at you and be as professional as you can about your job and try igniting your social life outside of work. Its very easy to be both professional and just FRIENDLY to this guy. Rules are rules, they're there for a reason. Stay off him and keep your job, that's my take smiley
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 6:34am On Oct 27, 2012
I say quit yes. The two of you can't be dating abi working in the same office na.
But you should not quit, the guy should quit his job. He is the one who has been pushing himself on you na so why should you quit cos he likes you?
If the guy really likes you, he should quit.
I wonder what kind of silly question this is. So you are willing to quit your job for a guy you are not even dating yet. What if it does not work between you two? What will you do? And when you quote your job, how do you intend to support yourself?
Please Seun needs to include a slap button

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Chongaiman: 7:25am On Oct 27, 2012
legacy_systems:
....My name is Jane and I sincerely need your advice.

My name is Mitt Romney and I am running for the office of the President of the United States. undecided
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Adeks(m): 7:26am On Oct 27, 2012
How did we get to this stage Nigeria: Where the impulse to get laid is regarded as 'love'? Quote me op, whatever u choose to do, dis guy will lose interest in you once he gets into ur pants. Be wise
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 7:30am On Oct 27, 2012
Chongaiman:

My name is Mitt Romney and I am running for the office of the President of the United States. undecided
My name is Prince Harry and I am married to Kate
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Adeks(m): 7:53am On Oct 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
My name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I am commited to fighting corruption in Nigeria lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 7:59am On Oct 27, 2012
Adeks: My name is Goodluck Ebele Jonathan, I am commited to fighting corruption in Nigeria lipsrsealed
**grabs a stone preparing to lynch him**
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Adeks(m): 8:06am On Oct 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
**grabs a stone preparing to lynch him**
Errrrmmm... dis must be a case of mistaken identity. I DID NOT SAY "ALUU 4" oooooooooooo

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by divinelove(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2012
Dont quit ur job until u get another. If all u said is anything to go by then two of u shld start looking for job elsewhere. Wen any1 gets another job then he/she can quit this one. Less than 6 months old rship n u r sounding like this i smell desperation, stepdown ur rship wit him to close friends. B strictly formal during work hours no lunch, no waiting to drop u after work etc. All these both of u ll do until either of u gets another job, then he/she resigns n u get married. goodluck
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by dacutie1(f): 9:01am On Oct 27, 2012
Don't gamble with your job dear, he might not be as perfect as he acts, he might just want to get laid n walk, and u know how office gist is..........u don't want to lose both ways again. be patient, and pray about it. Mr Right will definitely come, dont be in a hurry. Think with your head and not ur heart.
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2012
Adeks: Errrrmmm... dis must be a case of mistaken identity. I DID NOT SAY "ALUU 4" oooooooooooo
Those was illegal, I have the moral and legal justification to hurl stones at GEJ
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Chongaiman: 10:35am On Oct 27, 2012
Mynd_44:

That makes you William, not Harold.

1 Like

Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Adeks(m): 12:23pm On Oct 27, 2012
Chongaiman:

That makes you William, not Harold.
I guess you missed the gist/flow
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Adeks(m): 12:28pm On Oct 27, 2012
Mynd_44:
Those was illegal, I have the moral and legal justification to hurl stones at GEJ
The PRESIDENT!!! WTF!
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2012
Adeks: I guess you missed the gist/flow
Abi oo
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Mynd44: 12:48pm On Oct 27, 2012
Adeks: The PRESIDENT!!! WTF!
So? I have the moral and legal justification
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by Nobody: 10:02pm On Oct 28, 2012
Why not attack the company's policy?
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by omega25red(m): 10:26pm On Oct 28, 2012
who the hell quits a job they just got because they met a man/woman #wheretheydothatat

i guess i would like to know how easy it would be for you to get another job if you do quit. also what story would you tell yourself and children if the relationship doesnt work out?
Re: My Name Is Jane And I Sincerely Need Your Advice by AdeniyiA(m): 12:05am On Oct 29, 2012
seriously,cosidering d age of dis lady,i dont blame her for wanting luv badly n jst cant wait for only 9months.besides,she knew she'd bcome d responsibility of dt guy.reading thru dt post again wat i saw was 'serious relp', smtimes such phrase needed to b well defined inorder to kno wea u're going.my take is 4 u to ask him wat he really want n wish to do,if he's serious abt marrge he shud elp u secure anoda job,u shu use ur brain in dis situatn n dnt b emotiona abt it so u wont b disapptd again. pcout

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

10 Ways To Know She Is In Love With You / Does A Woman Deserves To Be Hit Back If She Hits U? / MEN ARE TERRIBLE LOVERS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.