Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,303 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:53 AM

My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting (111900 Views)

Nigeria Ambassador, 58 Others On Surveillance For Ebola Virus / Pls How Can I Gain My Weight Back / Weight Loss/gain For Ladies Trying To Conceive (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 7:10am On Oct 27, 2012
The truth abt weight loss is determination. U have to be patient I started sept 20 or so,no improvement for 3weeks and suddenly my clothes started becoming big. Each time I checked it was d same. So I stopped checking and started working. If u really want to loose weight den u don't eat out, cook ur meals urself and count calories it helps. My tommy was sumfin else, but I dint give up. Now am on 68, and am woking to 60, not now but say dec\jan. I have totally avoided starchy meals, replaced drink with water, eat very early, eatn fibre and fruits, fish instead of red meat and chicken. Exercise is good buh dint work for me, I went to gym, I bought slimmin pills, I drank tea, I bought girdle. If u don't control ur food sizes, food content and timing. U will keep adding.

8 Likes

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 7:16am On Oct 27, 2012
Keeping ur old clothes close by also helps, u keep trying until dey fit in. I work on 1,200 calories per day. Am not saying exercise is nt good, it helped me to be fit and nt loose weight. I do a lot of walking, house chores, now. Am so happy dat I feel I need to share dis. And den pastries is gone, any form of white flour I don't touch. My sugar level is very good, I can work wif my head up high, I hope somebody out dere gets encouraged.

5 Likes

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by dominique(f): 10:47am On Oct 28, 2012
Good job you're doing keep it up. Some people literally starve themselves only to develop stomach ulcer and other health complications. The real work is maintaining the weight loss, Takes a lot of commitment. Heard buying smaller sized clothes helps too. Keep us posted smiley
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 2:05pm On Oct 28, 2012
Thanks for ur contribution, I actually just checked my weight now and its 65kg, the concept is develop a healthy living style. I am going to 60 den I maintain from dere.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 12:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Congrats to you. can you please tell me your routine.the food you eat and those you avoid. I need to shed some weight.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by udoka2: 3:38pm On Oct 29, 2012
@002,
i can understand your excitement. I started in April and lost 8k, then did church fasting this month, loskt 2kg (from 88kg to 78kg). in total 10kg and menhnn am too proud of myslef. Have already got myself new sets of trousers. Looking slim is a good business ;lolss.

what works most in weight control is food control (portion control) Me think its food that makes us fat...though some people will say they dont et and still get fat, we need to watch the junks!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by nk4: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2012
I am about to start mine, I know I will need a lot of discipline to go through it. I have done it before and by God's grace I can do it again. I lost almost 20kg (94kg to 76kg) in 2007 and was able to maintain my weight for over a year. Although I stopped exercising, I still maintained my diet plan and my weight. But once I stopped the diet I started piling on the weight again.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 8:50pm On Oct 29, 2012
ikwubi: Congrats to you. can you please tell me your routine.the food you eat and those you avoid. I need to shed some weight.
I started with one week fruit fasting, i ate all kinds of fruit and fish, i ate apple, cocumber, water melon, grape, orange. I did that to control my food intake, cos i used to be heavy eater, when i gained that discipline, it was easier and then i started counting calories, i make sure i dont exceed 1,200-1,300 calories a day, i avoided pastries completely, drinks, and sugar. i replaced white rice with ofada rice, i use little palm oil, i eat a lot of vegetables, i replaced white bread with wheat bread, and if i must take snacks, i take unripe plaintain chips or cashew nuts, i replaced creamy milk with low fat milk. if i must eat later than 7pm, it must be in small quantity, i drink a lot of water. it takes dedication and patience, for me i didnt change until 4 weeks after, i was actually weighing 75 but now i shuttle btw 66 and 65. if u are ready to shut ur self from junks u will definitely shed weight, one step at a time. once u are able to discipline ur self in terms of food, den u can bring in exercise, for me i make sure i walk, i started doing more house chores and sleeping more.

1 Like

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 8:57pm On Oct 29, 2012
[quote author=n.k.]I am about to start mine, I know I will need a lot of discipline to go through it. I have done it before and by God's grace I can do it again. I lost almost 20kg (94kg to 76kg) in 2007 and was able to maintain my weight for over a year. Although I stopped exercising, I still maintained my diet plan and my weight. But once I stopped the diet I started piling on the weight again.[/quote
The best thing is to have a healthy life style, if u want to maintain ur weight then u have to cultivate that habit. for me , i have been fat, i dont like it, do i want to go back, no. so i need to do everything possible to avoid it. if i must taste pastries at all, it must be once in a very blue moon, if i must eat carbohydrates, it must be in small portion. i was 58kg in 2007. and den i started feeding , eating anything and everything, i never imagined i cud reach 75kg, thats a whole lot, its better to live healthily. All these sweet meals dont pass d taste bud. i have 5 more kg to go, den i will maintain till child bearing can take me 65kg and then i will work back.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 9:00pm On Oct 29, 2012
udoka2: @002,
i can understand your excitement. I started in April and lost 8k, then did church fasting this month, loskt 2kg (from 88kg to 78kg). in total 10kg and menhnn am too proud of myslef. Have already got myself new sets of trousers. Looking slim is a good business ;lolss.

what works most in weight control is food control (portion control) Me think its food that makes us fat...though some people will say they dont et and still get fat, we need to watch the junks!

anybody can get fat,even if u are as thin as anything, u just feed on purely junks , it will surely manifest. the truth is if we feed on all these junks while we are young, and all sort of illnesses come up at old age, then the money saved will be used for drugs and one will still go back to feeding well. it is better to start living a healthy life now, eat in small portions, feed on healthy meals. thanks grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by dominique(f): 1:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
i suggest you edit your topic from time to time to tell us your most recent weight.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 1:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
i donno how to edit the topic
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by dominique(f): 3:24pm On Oct 30, 2012
Its not hard. Click on the 'modify' button on your first post on this thread. You'll see where to edit the topic. its easypeasy wink
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 4:09pm On Oct 30, 2012
dominique: Its not hard. Click on the 'modify' button on your first post on this thread. You'll see where to edit the topic. its easypeasy wink
Lol thanks i dint nooooooooooooooooo,i guess i checked dis morning, 65kg will check wen i get home too

1 Like

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 5:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 01, 2012
chaircover: Well done! I am on a healthy regime too at the moment and I know how hard it is to loose those kilo's at first but once you get into it, it becomes easier.
. U are right, once u loose 2kg, d journey becomes easy
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 6:33am On Nov 01, 2012
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 01, 2012
chaircover: Except if like me, you go on holiday and you make a few mistakes and you now have to fond the will power to get back on track again embarassed grin
then u dont give room for mistake, the thing is once it passes ur taste bud dats all, d pleasure is gone. Self control is the key, look at it dis way, if one has diabetes and bedridden, will d person have any choice, ofcourse not. buh we shudnt wait till then u no.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 6:05am On Nov 02, 2012

2 Likes

Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 9:40am On Nov 02, 2012
chaircover: I agree, but the real deal about weight loss is a total change of life style. its not just about starving yourself for a few months to loose the weight because if you stop you put all the weight back on and more.

We all know that our foods are full of carbs and fat and these are the culprits. . . .but these are the foods that we were brought up with and it will take time to phase these out or at least find healthier alternatives and it will be hit or miss sometimes

I went to Nigeria on holiday for a week and I didnt cook all my meals so I had no control over how much oil was used etc. I am back now and back on course. Dieting is not prison and it is to be enjoyed and not endured otherwise you just get fed up and stop. If I go on holiday again, I will still let my hair down and enjoy myself but be sensible about it, so certain foods i wont touch but my diet wont be watermelon and eva water everyday grin
MY diet isnt about eating fruits and vegetables only , its nt starving myself but eating well. i did fruit fasting to be able to have dat grip on my food intake, now i dont even miss breakfast, i took a bowl of ofada rice with enough stew this morning
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by infotail(m): 12:42pm On Nov 04, 2012
hello,
wish to loose weight and fat belly without stress?also need a diet to keep you moving?
it is as simple as A B C D,,just visit www.e-book.gnbo.com.ng for this amazing packages...the funny part is that the site is always overwhelmed with people so go and make it more overwhelmed..hahaha
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 8:53am On Nov 05, 2012
i started exercising yesterday and my goal is to cut down frm 85kg to 65kg. my problem is food, i love food but i wil resort to eatn small portion. i drink water alot n i put lime inside my water.
wil be udating my weight weekly.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 10:31am On Nov 05, 2012
loosing 20kg is a big challenge, so u have to be patient with urself. the major thing is cutting down ur food. eating so much at a time doesnt help at all. Its better to eat in bits and den avoid late nite food. are u a lady?, if yes then u need to stop taking lime. i dont support taking lime for weight loss, its rather too harsh. instead eat well with food with lower calories. replace white rice with ofada, eat a lot of vegetables , fruits and fiber. u can cut down ur cargohydrates but not completely cos too much of protein isnt good either. gradually u wont even eat much after a while once u develop a low eating habit. i used to be a heavy eater, i will finish a big bowl of rice with plaintain and assorted meats on a sitting even as late as 9pm. in conlusion eating small portions of the right combination of food will help u. i work on 1,200 calories a day. once i get to 62/63kg then i will stop.

Julesbloom: i started exercising yesterday and my goal is to cut down frm 85kg to 65kg. my problem is food, i love food but i wil resort to eatn small portion. i drink water alot n i put lime inside my water.
wil be udating my weight weekly.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 1:13pm On Nov 05, 2012
yea am a lady n a breastfeeding mom, d lime helps me for digestion. yea sure patience is d key. tnx
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 5:12pm On Nov 05, 2012
Julesbloom: yea am a lady n a breastfeeding mom, d lime helps me for digestion. yea sure patience is d key. tnx
u can just reduce ur portion size buh since u are breast feeding so u need to feed well, i will advise u to embark on weight loss scheme once u stop breast feeding.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 6:26pm On Nov 05, 2012
ok tnx 002
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 05, 2012
Julesbloom: ok tnx 002
Just checked my weight now, its 66kg, sad small. Its nt always rosy all d time. I no I will get dere
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 8:39pm On Nov 05, 2012
awwwch dont be sad n dont give up.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 06, 2012
002: Just checked my weight now, its 66kg, sad small. Its nt always rosy all d time. I no I will get dere

Absolutely! Dont give up. Dont worry, you will def get there. You probably know what you did wrong, so you know to avoid it next time.

Weight loss is a long journey and slow and steady wins the race. All the best.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by Nobody: 6:41am On Nov 06, 2012
grin I used a digital scale last nite and dis morning its 64.5, i guess d one I used was faulty. Now am happy. Thanks.
chaircover:

Absolutely! Dont give up. Dont worry, you will def get there. You probably know what you did wrong, so you know to avoid it next time.

Weight loss is a long journey and slow and steady wins the race. All the best.
Re: My Weight Loss Story-from 75kg To 58.5kg,still Counting by mogbomoya: 7:03am On Nov 06, 2012
@002, weigh urself at same time daily cos u weigh less in morning & weigh more in d afternoon/evening.

also u weigh more during ur periods cos of water retention.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Suffers Penile Fracture During Rigorous Sex (Graphic Photos) / Funke Akindele Arrested For Hosting Party Despite Lockdown / I Have Erectile Dysfunction And Its Really Affecting My Relationship.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.