Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,089 members, 7,821,763 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:02 PM

Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever (894 Views)

Ambode Orders The Repair Of Lagos-Badagry Expressway / Gov Okezie Ikpeazu Commission The Worst Road Ever In Aba (photos) / Lagos-badagry Expressway To Be Closed On Sunday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 9:14am On Oct 27, 2012
I happened to take this route yesterday (going from mile 2 to agbara to be exact), and the state of this road is an utter disgrace to the Nigerian society considering the fact that this road links us to Cotonou (benin repulic). Unfortunately, I was unable to take pictures.

These areas are the worst part of the road : Barracks, Volks, Iyanoba, Igbo-elerin, celeniza, ijanikin, okwafor (pardon wrong spellings). If u reside in any of these areas, please help us with pictures and comments.

I spent over 4 hours in traffic at 1pm in the afternoon on a public holiday, so just imagine how it would be at 5pm on a busy work day. At certain points, the bus had to take the opposite lane and struggle with oncoming vehicles because the road was totally divided by a huge ditch. Some of the pot-holes are deep enough to bury a couple of people, and still have enough room to build a large jaccuzzi.

I understand the 10-lane project is on-going, but it is going to take a while before the construction gets to these areas. Are we going to continue this way till then? Surely, our vehicles won't even survive till then.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by isaco(m): 9:40am On Oct 27, 2012
How many int'l road do you kno? Statement without research. D road may be bad but may not be d worst in d world

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 10:58am On Oct 27, 2012
Bros.. This is a personal opinion. Do I have to do research b4 I say every single word?
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Aderostock(m): 11:05am On Oct 27, 2012
What an exaggerated trash!
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Standing5(m): 11:16am On Oct 27, 2012
Fashola is on it . . . But at an alarming cost and scale(4-lanes) as well
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by shanda(m): 11:31am On Oct 27, 2012
I made use of that road last saturday. I regretted not staying at home. I spent almost 4hours to get to badagry from iyana ipaja....it was that terrible. That's the worst road i've seen in years.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2012
teminoni: Bros.. This is a personal opinion. Do I have to do research b4 I say every single word?

YES, YES, YES!!

If you don't research, it means you're talking GARBAGE.

2 Likes

Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 1:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
You never jam! I live close to iyana iba and I take that route to island every working day! Its been hell on that road I tell ya! The okada men who help in easing traffic to mile 2 have been banned! So wetin pesin go do now?the traffic is terrible! Some many trailers going to Ojo Alaba Market follow that route and they cause most of the traffic. That road is the worst road ever in lagos state.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by taharqa: 2:21pm On Oct 27, 2012
teminoni: Bros.. This is a personal opinion. Do I have to do research b4 I say every single word?
Just imagine
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by PointB: 5:09pm On Oct 27, 2012
I've plied that road a couple of times. It is indeed an eyesore - an international disgrace!
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 10:27pm On Oct 27, 2012
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by redsun(m): 10:42pm On Oct 27, 2012
That is moral decadence at it height.And these are aniamls that buys jet,yet that dont understand what cars means.Not even bicycles they understand.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by CyberG: 11:57pm On Oct 27, 2012
berem: You never jam! I live close to iyana iba and I take that route to island every working day! Its been hell on that road I tell ya! The okada men who help in easing traffic to mile 2 have been banned! So wetin pesin go do now?the traffic is terrible! Some many trailers going to Ojo Alaba Market follow that route and they cause most of the traffic. That road is the worst road ever in lagos state.

Just go back to your ala-ibo village. Lagos is tired of people like you!

1 Like

Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by PointB: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2012
CyberG:

Just go back to your ala-ibo village. Lagos is tired of people like you!

She probably contributes more to Lagos than tribalist such as you.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by taharqa: 1:01am On Oct 28, 2012
@OP. Is that portion of the road part of the reconstruction that Fashola is currently doing on the Badagry corridor?

If it is, then something is been done about it; though the way many of you have described the present state of the road, it is a shame to past and to an extent present govts( esp FG- I suppose it is a Federal road) and a nightmare for the commuters who ply it.
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 5:25am On Oct 28, 2012
Re: Badagry Expressway Is The Worst International Road Ever by Nobody: 9:01am On Nov 01, 2012
As you can see, due to this post tongue tongue . GEJ has decided to do something about the road.
That's for my critics.

https://www.nairaland.com/1089877/jonathan-orders-rehabilitation-roads-nationwide

(1) (Reply)

Aguleri Kingdom Gets Official Drink / Untold Reasons Comptroller General Of Immigration, Rosemary Uzoma, Was Fired / Electricity At Its Peak In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.