Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Does Your Car Turn Heads? - Car Talk (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Does Your Car Turn Heads? (15930 Views)

Hw Long Does Your Car Tires Retain Its Air Pressure On Average / What Does Your Coolant Gauge Read? / Truck Heads Into Nigeria - Is duty payable on Trucks Importation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by mrdonbuchi: 4:15pm On Oct 29, 2012
Mine is a sport bike. And yes I live in abuja so good road is no problem. Its a gsxr600. Boy this bike is LOUD. And sexy too. When I really rev this baby, I can set off car alam system. Talk about babes and attention. any eatery, bar, or club way I enter.... Its over.I get attention anywhere and everywhere even when I don't need it. My babe warned me to never come visit her in school(uniabj) with my bike again cos after the first time, she no fit trust her friends with her phone. Cos everybody wan steal my number and BB pin. Talk of traffic light, even the big boyz in their ranges rover sports dey allways give me peace sign for road. Sweet babe in their benz dey look me well. my 2001 camry big light is not bad too, dow camry na pure water, my na ameriacan spec with gold lines and tinted windows so I get this(well this one fine) look when am rollin.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by balogunsam(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2012
mrdonbuchi: Mine is a sport bike. And yes I live in abuja so good road is no problem. Its a gsxr600. Boy this bike is LOUD. And sexy too. When I really rev this baby, I can set off car alam system. Talk about babes and attention. any eatery, bar, or club way I enter.... Its over.I get attention anywhere and everywhere even when I don't need it. My babe warned me to never come visit her in school(uniabj) with my bike again cos after the first time, she no fit trust her friends with her phone. Cos everybody wan steal my number and BB pin. Talk of traffic light, even the big boyz in their ranges rover sports dey allways give me peace sign for road. Sweet babe in their benz dey look me well. my 2001 camry big light is not bad too, dow camry na pure water for abuja, my own na ameriacan spec with gold lines and tinted windows so I get this(well this one fine small) look when am rollin.

hahahaha...I feel you bro...

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by lacasa: 7:05pm On Oct 29, 2012
Well, my 2k5 accord ex range draws quiite a bit of attention. smiley

Especially d ladies on okadas, wen dey see me reclined in it wink
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Oct 29, 2012
My Shoes wey the sole don chop sef dey draw attention

2 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by ikeyman00(m): 8:34pm On Oct 29, 2012
My Shoes wey the sole don chop sef dey draw attention
^^^ ur madness has no limit shocked

fix up!

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by hardbody: 8:40pm On Oct 29, 2012
Considering I roll on 4 machines and they all turn heads, I guess I need to tune down and get a lower range car mid next year. However, for the fun of it, I am hitting villa this Xmas with 3 of the machines all SUVs and 2 of them V8s. Sequoia and Tundra. The run around suv is my montero, a v6 engine. Lotta heads are gonna keep turning in the meantime
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by samoka10(m): 9:16pm On Oct 29, 2012
dayokanu: My Shoes wey the sole don chop sef dey draw attention

ahahahahahaahahahahahahaha

hilarious
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Rumin8(m): 10:13pm On Oct 29, 2012
My 08 Acura TL sure gets a lot of attention. I've had the car for about a year now but still can't get used to how much its stared at.

I'd park the car at a spot and come out later to find people gathered around it, trying to get a glimpse of the interior. But its at night the looks intensify when the sat nav and electroluminescent gauges light up.

Some drivers even wave or give me the thumbs up at stop lights. Only positive from it is, folks tend to stop and let me join a lane. Took a long drive from PH to Benue State recently and I recall the reaction I got in the town of Katsina-Ala where I visited. Damn right crazy.

3 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Learn2know: 11:01pm On Oct 29, 2012
Rumin8: My 08 Acura TL sure gets a lot of attention. I've had the car for about a year now but still can't get used to how much its stared at.

I'd park the car at a spot and come out later to find people gathered around it, trying to get a glimpse of the interior. But its at night the looks intensify when the sat nav and electroluminescent gauges light up.

Some drivers even wave or give me the thumbs up at stop lights. Only positive from it is, folks tend to stop and let me join a lane. Took a long drive from PH to Benue State recently and I recall the reaction I got in the town of Katsina-Ala where I visited. Damn right crazy.

you got the feel!!!!
sometimes i feel embarassedshockedshockedshocked.
Abeg any particular brand of petrol you use?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Rumin8(m): 12:11am On Oct 30, 2012
^^ Ah, no. The owner's manual says it requires premium fuel but where in Nigeria will you get that? I just buy from guys like Total and Oando. At least I know it won't be the sludge that some of the petty fuel stations sell. You use a TL ehn?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Denn(m): 5:58am On Oct 30, 2012
This car will turn heads in Nigeria.

Reasons:
People would be surprised a rio can be this pretty
The vehicle is not yet as common as its cousin....the hyundai accent
The automatic is more scarce....(Dana just got delivery of less than 100 last week for the whole country)

Head-turning attributes of vehicles can vary and depend on individual differences of the 'head-owner'so no perfomance sport tuned fanatic should ridicule my choice of a 1.6 litre 138HP kitten in the midst of his hungry lions.

Apart from this metro car, I melt easily for the high end germans.....I am always tripped by the possibility of implanting a V8 from the heart of an X5 to a coupe E46. That's the definition of being born again. A scruffy 4.0 L beast with professionally modified exhausts mated to a 6 speed manual tranny. Yellow on a BMW doesn't make it a taxi.....it makes it stand out

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Learn2know: 11:11am On Oct 30, 2012
Rumin8: ^^ Ah, no. The owner's manual says it requires premium fuel but where in Nigeria will you get that? I just buy from guys like Total and Oando. At least I know it won't be the sludge that some of the petty fuel stations sell. You use a TL ehn?

Yea same year and spec as yours. got it like 2 month ago.
I've somehow stick with Mobil.
Have you done anything to your navi to make it locally functional?
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:26am On Oct 31, 2012
ghettodreamz:

How far brov... Ladokite, huh? Which of the clubs u belong during ya days @ Ogbomoso?

Yes ooooo!!! The attention was too much...decided not to join any.....I became "friend of the family. Come see toasting....Krue...Enigma....Deficile....Machismo....I guess most of them would have been relegated by now!
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Rumin8(m): 6:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
Learn2know:

Yea same year and spec as yours. got it like 2 month ago.
I've somehow stick with Mobil.
Have you done anything to your navi to make it locally functional?

No, there's nothing you can do to make the navigation work here. I've spoken personally to Acura and they say its not possible because the map is for US and Canada.

Mobil is okay. Just do well to change your oil frequently, forget that oil life reading. I dropped by at my Total lubricant guys to do a random evaluation of the various fluids and even though the oil life on the gauge read 50%, they said (and showed me) how bad the oil really was. Twice this has happened. So that's it, mate.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Learn2know: 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Rumin8:

No, there's nothing you can do to make the navigation work here. I've spoken personally to Acura and they say its not possible because the map is for US and Canada.

Mobil is okay. Just do well to change your oil frequently, forget that oil life reading. I dropped by at my Total lubricant guys to do a random evaluation of the various fluids and even though the oil life on the gauge read 50%, they said (and showed me) how bad the oil really was. Twice this has happened. So that's it, mate.
Thanks a bunch
you can belong to this forum for update or tips on acura
www.acurazine.com
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by jodeci01: 8:51pm On Jan 08, 2013
@ Rumin8 and Learn2know : am also considering the 09 TL , i would like to know your general(if possible detailed)experience so far - is it reliable?, where do you maintain it? is it the SH-AWD? Am so glad to find people using it
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Connoisseur(m): 3:17am On Jan 09, 2013
Yeah ma toyota avalon turned heads 2 years back but now i guess most people have gotten used to it now. Though i still get a coupla stares when i get to a new place or joint with expressions like" bros this car fit u die"

My murano too turned heads with its bright red colour, big shoes and spinner rims until some area boys asked me to choose between the car and ma life.

Of course, I choose my life
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by cmax16: 12:08am On Jan 10, 2013
Siena:

And the important part - the 4,2 V8 2 x DOHC 32V engine, that I replaced the standard 2,6 V6 2 x SOHC 12V with:

Sienna, whats the insurance like for this car?

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Wallie(m): 4:32pm On Jan 10, 2013
My car does turn heads, maybe a little too much, especially when seen head-on or coming up behind you; it looks so menacing. One of the reasons I tinted my windows; I really don't like the attention as I'm forced to pretend like I didn't see the person gawking by looking away.

On the other hand, I've never seen anyone taking pictures of it; although, I've been complimented more than a few times at the stop light, gas station or when I'm outside the car.

When driving, most people do let me merge in front of them in traffic without even contesting the spot but there's a very small minority of people that will try to do whatever they can to block or cut me off. Occasionally, when I’m in the mood, I do open up the throttle and force my way in front of such people acting like a jackass, if it is safe to do so.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Nobody: 5:21pm On Jan 10, 2013
Wallie: My car does turn heads, maybe a little too much, especially when seen head-on or coming up behind you; it looks so menacing. One of the reasons I tinted my windows; I really don't like the attention as I'm forced to pretend like I didn't see the person gawking by looking away.

On the other hand, I've never seen anyone taking pictures of it; although, I've been complimented more than a few times at the stop light, gas station or when I'm outside the car.

When driving, most people do let me merge in front of them in traffic without even contesting the spot but there's a very small minority of people that will try to do whatever they can to block or cut me off. Occasionally, when I’m in the mood, I do open up the throttle and force my way in front of such people acting like a jackass, if it is safe to do so.

pissuuureee. . . .
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by eaglevirus: 6:19pm On Jan 10, 2013
Cars may turn heads but bikes are head turners. my sport bike honda cbr600rr is a head turner definately, people come take pix with my bike n im always d photographer. my kia optima 2012, yes it does turn heads. but my toyota celica definitely turns MY head.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by abdulkadir(m): 11:39am On Jan 11, 2013
I dont drive a car dat turn heads. But when i roll in my frends Mini Cooper sport it feels like evry body in the town knows me.
a lot of pple smile @ me . @ Checkpoints i get compliments. Sometyms its embarassing.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Rumin8(m): 11:13pm On Mar 16, 2013
jodeci01: @ Rumin8 and Learn2know : am also considering the 09 TL , i would like to know your general(if possible detailed)experience so far - is it reliable?, where do you maintain it? is it the SH-AWD? Am so glad to find people using it

Seeing your post late. I can't speak for the 09 but I can tell you that the 08 is an exhilarating car to drive. On the road, it's powerful and accelerates with a roar that excites me every time. Despite its raw power, it's very stable and rides smoothly, corners well and doesn't rattle in the many holes that litter our roads. I know you will be eager to know about fuel economy but this too is not a problem for a car this big.

Reliability: I have only had to change brake pads in the 14 months I've had it, aside the basic oil and filter replacements. It's really a solid ride so don't worry at all. Sadly, mine is a FWD. The SH-AWD is a feature introduced from the 09 models upwards.

1 Like

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by FlyboyZee: 8:15am On Mar 17, 2013
My '02 Acura TL is not just a head turner, it is a babes attractor. There is absolutely no day I don't get compliments from them babes. But, as somebody's husband and father I just smile back at them and zoom off. I'm the only guy that owns this car in the town I leave, so you should understand that it is a One-in-Town car And as such a head turner. Although, latest machines; as Benzes, Rovers, Fordies Beamers, Hondas, Toyotas, Kias, Hyundais, etc abound, I still get most of the attention wherever I park.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Originalsly: 4:48pm On Mar 17, 2013
Rumin8:

Seeing your post late. I can't speak for the 09 but I can tell you that the 08 is an exhilarating car to drive. On the road, it's powe2 and accelerates with a roar that excites me every time. Despite its raw power, it's very stable and rides smoothly, corners well and doesn't rattle in the many holes that litter our roads. I know you will be eager to know about fuel economy but this too is not a problem for a car this big.

Reliability: I have only had to change brake pads in the 14 months I've had it, aside the basic oil and filter replacements. It's really a solid ride so don't worry at all. Sadly, mine is a FWD. The SH-AWD is a feature introduced from the 09 models upwards.
The 08 is a head turner without adding anything to spice it up...and I think for years to come would continue to be a head turner...like the Acura Legend (91-95)...gorgeous sitting on better rims....still a head turner.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Kingsteve(m): 11:30pm On Aug 03, 2014
I'd leave y'all to answer the question.
A blacked out Infiniti M35...head turner or not?

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Originalsly: 12:50am On Aug 04, 2014
Head turner....heads turning in admiration! ....will say no....cause will be turning heads for other reasons like.....hmmm....undercover police?...bandits?..,focus is on who is inside the car rather than the car itself.
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by Kingsteve(m): 1:16am On Aug 04, 2014
Undercover police using a blacked out Infiniti M35 in Nigeria? Ok!!! tongue
Bandits?
why Bandits, or do Bandits specifically use the M35 for operations?
Your answer/opinion is vague at best...
#bewildered
Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by KA24DETT(m): 2:51pm On Aug 08, 2014
A6C6 with 4.2 engine.. 20 percent tint all round
Orange interior . Fully loaded . .. I swear , audis make the best interiors . Known fact .
At night , my women call it space ship .. The interior lights up .

4 Likes

Re: Does Your Car Turn Heads? by RoyalRoy(m): 5:19pm On Aug 08, 2014
KA24DETT: A6C6 with 4.2 engine.. 20 percent tint all round
Orange interior . Fully loaded . .. I swear , audis make the best interiors . Known fact .
At night , my women call it space ship .. The interior lights up .

Dude awesome ride. Had an Audi a8 briefly before and someone offered some crazy price for it just because of the interior... Lollz...I sold it to him.

What year is this your A6? 2006?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Torn Between 4runner, Pilot And Acura Mdx / Why Do They Put Car Batteries In The Trunk? / A Glance At Nigerian Traffic Rules And Offences

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.