Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,579 members, 7,958,787 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 12:36 AM

Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? - Religion (48) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? (119966 Views)

Why Catholics Pray Through Mary / Virgin Mary Statue In St. Joseph Church In Iraq Crying, Tears Turned To Blood / Glory To Jesus, Honour To Mary! All The Real Catholics Please Stand Up! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Aizenosa(m): 8:00am On Jun 19, 2017
brocab:
Johnw74 isn't done yet-I can say this-with all heart-Johnw74 is a true man of God" the love this man carries-his intentions are, he is trying to help save the lost, don't be fools-read your bibles, The Word Johnw74 say's are not his own Word's, but the Lord's Word alone.
All you need to do is listen to him, he has the evidence right in front of you.
If you don't believe him-just open up your dusty old bibles, everything he had said is written-if you aren't sure, then pray to Jesus, asking Him to lead you to the truth.
{Matthew 7:7} Ask and it will be given, seek and you will find, knock and it will be open.
It's as simple as that-ask the Lord-It's no-good relying on anybody else to lead you-Mary must be shaking her head, she knows she can't save you-she know's there is only one God, {Luke 4:8, Deuteronomy 6:13, Matthew 4:10} worship Him, and Him only you shall serve.
There are no references written in any bible-to bow down or worship Mary.. Since time began, it is the Catholic's who have been deceived.

I believe all what u both have mentioned have been treated, no need wasting precious time because u have refused to want to understand it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Aizenosa(m): 8:06am On Jun 19, 2017
johnw74:

Is it the Bible verses that you don't like?

I am indifferent to the Bible verses, I have seen them again and again and yet again.

But now my question to you is that do you understand what those Bible verses are about or is the Bible a story book you just read.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:25pm On Jun 19, 2017
First question-do you understand the bible verses?
We aren't trying to wast your precious time-we are trying to help save the lost, if none of the stories match up in the bible-it isn't true.
Your beliefs of Mary isn't scriptural, these are taught by men-not God.
Bible knowledge is the key to success, not any theories you believe are taught by the Catholic Church.
It was the Holy Spirit who gave men the knowledge to write the Word of God-remember men didn't have enough knowledge to write the Word of God on their own fleshly accord.
Refusing to understand isn't a sin, what is a sin, is acting on-believing in, and sharing something that isn't bible truth.
Aizenosa:

I believe all what u both have mentioned have been treated, no need wasting precious time because u have refused to want to understand it.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:26am On Jun 20, 2017
Aizenosa:

I am indifferent to the Bible verses, I have seen them again and again and yet again.

But now my question to you is that do you understand what those Bible verses are about or is the Bible a story book you just read.

You are indifferent - you have no particular interest in the Bible,
no wonder you believe whatever your church teaches you.

Yes I do understand those Bible verses, they are plain and straight forward (silly question),
and I know that men of indifference twist those scriptures to try and have them say something else.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:56am On Jun 20, 2017
Besides the rcc going against the Bible in teaching the rosary and having statues of mary in their buildings etc.,
here is another falsehood of the rcc:

Bishops must be Married.

FACT: In 1079 AD celibacy was first enforced for priests and bishops by Pope Gregory VII. Before this time, they were permitted to marry.

Question #1: Does the Bible teach that a bishop (overseer) must be married AND ALSO have children as one of the conditions of being qualified to be a bishop?

Answer: "A bishop, then, must be above reproach, the husband of one wife, temperate, prudent, respectable, hospitable, able to teach, not addicted to wine or pugnacious, but gentle, peaceable, free from the love of money. He must be one who manages his own household well, keeping his children under control with all dignity (but if a man does not know how to manage his own household, how will he take care of the church of God?)" 1 Timothy 3:2-5

Question #2: In the very next chapter of the Bible after bishops are told they must be married with children, does the Holy Spirit warn that "forbidding to marry" is a "doctrine of demons"?

Answer: "But the Holy Spirit explicitly says that in later times some will fall away from the faith, paying attention to deceitful spirits and doctrines of demons, by means of the hypocrisy of liars seared in their own conscience as with a branding iron, men who forbid marriage and advocate abstaining from foods which God has created to be gratefully shared in by those who believe and know the truth." 1 Timothy 4:1-3

Peter was married

FACT: Most Catholics believe that Apostle Peter was the first Pope and was not married. As one Roman Catholic leader said, "if Peter had a wife when he first met Jesus, he got rid of her quick!"

Question #1: Did Peter have a wife?

Answer: "Now Simon's mother-in-law was lying sick with a fever; and immediately they spoke to Jesus about her." Mark 1:30

Question #2: Did Paul say all the apostles including Peter had a right to be married?

Answer: "Do we not have a right to take along a believing wife, even as the rest of the apostles and the brothers of the Lord and Cephas?" 1 Corinthians 9:5

There are many more, but they are a bit of topic for this thread,
you can read more about how the rcc contradict the Bible here:
Overview of how Catholic faith contradicts the Bible

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Aizenosa(m): 2:18am On Jun 20, 2017
johnw74:

You are indifferent - you have no particular interest in the Bible,
no wonder you believe whatever your church teaches you.

Yes I do understand those Bible verses, they are plain and straight forward (silly question),
and I know that men of indifference twist those scriptures to try and have them say something else.

Please educate yourself I don't have the time to go bickering back and forth with you.

Please read Matt 27:56, mark 15:40, John 19:25
Lastly, check this out orthodoxchristian.info/pages/Brothers.htm

Lastly why then did Jesus entrust his mother to someone else when you say she has other children. it's quite funny how you lot reason.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 3:50am On Jun 20, 2017
Aizenosa:

Please educate yourself I don't have the time to go bickering back and forth with you.

Please read Matt 27:56, mark 15:40, John 19:25
Lastly, check this out orthodoxchristian.info/pages/Brothers.htm

Lastly why then did Jesus entrust his mother to someone else when you say she has other children. it's quite funny how you lot reason.

@red, ha, a fool shouts out his folly

@black bold, There were three Mary's mentioned at the cross, Mary the mother of Jesus, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the sister of Jesus Mother:

Joh 19:25 Now there stood by the cross of Jesus his mother, and his mother's sister, Mary the wife of Cleophas, and Mary Magdalene.

Mary, the sister of Jesus Mother, has two children named the same as two of Jesus brothers (James and Joses):

Mat 27:56 Among which was Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James and Joses, and the mother of Zebedee's children.

Mary, the mother of James and Joses there, is Jesus Aunt, Jesus also had two other brothers besides His brothers James and Joses, named Simon and Judas:

Mat 13:55 Is not this the carpenter's son? is not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and Simon, and Judas?

Mat 13:56 And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence then hath this man all these things?
^^^
Truly Jesus had Brothers and Sisters, some who were not brethren - followers - believers.

rc say they are Jesus brethren - followers,
did He only have four male followers, James, Joses, Simon and Judas, Matthew 13:55
ridiculous of course.

Mark tells us that Mary, Jesus aunt, also has a daughter named Salome,
but he doesn't mention Joses.
Matthew mentions James and Joses but not Salome,
these things confuse an indifferent person.

Mar_16:1  And when the sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, had bought sweet spices, that they might come and anoint him.

@underline, quote from site: "We do not worship Icons, but we do venerate them. That means we show special respect for the Icons. We do this because the Icons are a way of joining us to the goodness and holiness of God and His Saints".

icons join you closer to the goodness and holiness of God and His saints, ha ha

You shall not make for yourself an idol, or any likeness of what is in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the water under the earth. You shall not worship them or serve them." Exodus 20:4-5
1Jn_5:21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

you can call them icons and think they are something other than idols,
but God's word calls those statues etc. idols, if you believed God's word,
they are not to be worshiped or served, but your article say's that rc's kiss them, smiley

of course you don't believe those Bible verses, but those of God's faith who are reading this will.

@blue, for one thing John was there with her, comforting her,
don't look for reasons to not believe the scriptures,
although that's what your indifference to the Bible will keep you doing - not believing.

also not all Jesus brothers believed in Him:

Joh 7:5  For neither did his brethren believe in him. 

that is talking about Jesus brothers not believing in Him, and is not talking about His brethren - Apostles and disciples not believing in him, if His brethren - Apostles and didciples didn't believe in Him, they would not be his brethren - Apostles and disciples.

@blue bold, How many "lastly" are there? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:18am On Jun 21, 2017
Since time began the Catholic Church have always manage to stay in the spotlights around the world-it is either because of their false doctrines, or another priest bites the dust.
The bible clearly states-Mary had other Children-beside Jesus, He had a step father Joseph followed by brothers and sisters.
The Catholic Church deny's Joseph, followed by the brothers and sisters, none ever existed, and yet, this poor and lonely stranger was the first man to lay his eye's on the Son of God for the first time, when Mary gave birth.
Which shows the Mary the Catholic Church bows down too, isn't the same Mary written in the bible.
Mary the Mother of God, Queen of Heaven, is made in the image of Queen Isis-Mother of God, Queen of Heaven.
The truth is, Mary the Mother of God has been labeled as a stone statue of Queen Isis a pagan goddess, that only a pagan worshipper, could bow down to her image and believe.
The refusal of the Catholic Church to disbelieve Mary can't save-makes the truth more difficult for these non believers-to believe in Christ, these false doctrines taught by the Roman Catholic Church are causing all Catholic's to disbelieve any bible truth.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:02am On Jul 01, 2017
brocab:
I know it's hard for you to understand Uben, you can only see me talking in all directions, only because you forget which questions you ask, it must be old age" the truth must eat you away "Uben" time and time again I had repeatedly named two institutions, Nazareth house and St Vincent De Paul's, I had explained the in's and out's of these institutions, one would think, how does someone know so much about them, if one wasn't prolonged in either of them? Both institutions belonged to the Catholic Church and both have played their part in the crimes against Children.
It seems strange how every story matches up the same as the last story, that was told about the Catholic Church, it is only Catholic's like you, Uben who are still trying to deny any truth about the crimes the Church had committed against anybody-No lie, stay's hidden for too long.
Centuries on, the Catholic Church had always been in the spotlights, this time, people around the world outside the Church are finely starting to listen.
A little while ago "Uben you had mentioned why Catholicism helped the Jew's back in WW2-back then your information didn't make any sense to me, So I searched to find out why the Catholic Church would want to help any body?
Though my search I found the Catholic's don't help just anybody, unless there is some sort of a price to pay.
I found the Catholic's would only help the Jews's on conditions, "by turning away from God's people, they made their decision to leave their religion and their loved families behind to die in the concentration camps, to stay alive, they had turned their backs on God, to become a Catholic {Hitler Murdered the Jew's, not the Catholic's}
A pricey decision to pay-just to save themselves, this of course is a repeat for the future, who will receive the "Mark of the beast" to stay alive?.
There seem's to be always a price to pay to become a Catholic, let's look into the pattern, no-one can marry inside a Catholic Church, unless they are Catholic, you can't receive the Holy Communion, unless you are Catholic, no-one can bury their love ones with the Catholic's, unless you are Catholic. Another lie is the Purgatory story, unless you are Catholic.
"Cultist" which makes a lot of sense-why certain members of the Catholic Church prey on young Children around the world, Catholicism are in order with our world leaders, they are either Muslims or Catholic, both organisations are strongly connected with each other, their main menu is Money and Crime, all connected together with Isis, the Illuminati and Freemasonry.
The problem the world has, where the hidden secrets lay, there are always somebody out there who's willing to tell the truth.
And no-one can hide from it, Not even you Uben.
I am still waiting for a direct answer to my question.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 2:41am On Jul 01, 2017
Syncan:

Lies are hidden in many words. I praise your patience Ubenedictus​, it's simply God's grace.
the issue is that he has been shouting Nazareth house and he is totally ignorant that the Nazareth tragedy isn't the same as the Australian stolen child policy he is claiming to be a victim of. I just hate it when people lie. The Nazareth house thing happened in Scotland, the Soviet child policy was in Australia.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Syncan(m): 9:18am On Jul 01, 2017
Ubenedictus:
the issue is that he has been shouting Nazareth house and he is totally ignorant that the Nazareth tragedy isn't the same as the Australian stolen child policy he is claiming to be a victim of. I just hate it when people lie. The Nazareth house thing happened in Scotland, the Soviet child policy was in Australia.

Well...It's left for him to clear that up in few words. All I can say is that the maid in the high priest's house will be wrong to condemn Jesus and his way because Peter lied Jn 18:17. The chief priest's guards will be wrong to condemn Jesus and his teachings because they witnessed one of his apostles, Judas, get greedy and sell him Mt.26:15. Condemning the Catholic Church and her teachings because of the misdemeanor of some of her members is folly in itself.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:10am On Jul 06, 2017
We must be having trouble communicating, here, maybe-every where you turn Uben-everyone's talking about the Church.
I have named two centre's I was involved in, and both have crimes against Children until this day, the problem is Uben-it would have been better if the Church didn't involve themselves with any of the governments demands, "but they did" another tool "Satan used to corrupt the Church-and this sort of behaviour had spread across nation wide.
Catholic-baptize-Seven Day Adventist, and others involved in this maddess , have a lot of answering to do-when their Judgement day comes.
The Church may recognize them as saints-Saints for "Which" purpose.
The world knows we can't hide from any truth, the past will always haught us, either way-God knows.
{Matthew 18:6} Jesus said, if anyone causes one of these little ones-those who believes in Me to stumble, it will be better for them to hang a large milestone around there neck, and to be drowned in the depths of the sea.
This verse is clear enough for anybody to understand, crimes against Children won't bring anybody closer to God..
Just as simple as that...
Ubenedictus:
I am still waiting for a direct answer to my question.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:43am On Jul 06, 2017
This just say's it all-how smart you believe you are Uben-you haven't the slightest idea what you are saying-Nazareth House was one of the most popular institutions that was used as a holding cell for young Children-but I am not expecting you to know your history about Nazareth House anywhere, my focus is about the crimes the Catholic Church had committed against society in genial?
Nazareth House played their part with crimes against Children-no-one can deny the truth-Nazareth House is built everywhere, Nun's had their part to play-the Church needed money-Children were forced into prostitution, neighbouring towns were paying into the Church.
Yes Uben-this is all about the Church you love, and Nazareth House played the game world wide.
Ubenedictus:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 2:59am On Jul 06, 2017
I see, you haven't the slightest idea-about anything written here.
Jesus never spoke of any building made of brick and mortar, is His Church.
This is got to be one of the best about Peter that hits the charts-is Peter a liar-or is he not?
And on which of the two, did Peter start the Catholic Church.
Syncan:

Well...It's left for him to clear that up in few words. All I can say is that the maid in the high priest's house will be wrong to condemn Jesus and his way because Peter lied Jn 18:17. The chief priest's guards will be wrong to condemn Jesus and his teachings because they witnessed one of his apostles, Judas, get greedy and sell him Mt.26:15. Condemning the Catholic Church and her teachings because of the misdemeanor of some of her members is folly in itself.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 11:15am On Jul 06, 2017
brocab:
This just say's it all-how smart you believe you are Uben-you haven't the slightest idea what you are saying-Nazareth House was one of the most popular institutions that was used as a holding cell for young Children-but I am not expecting you to know your history about Nazareth House anywhere, my focus is about the crimes the Catholic Church had committed against society in genial?
Nazareth House played their part with crimes against Children-no-one can deny the truth-Nazareth House is built everywhere, Nun's had their part to play-the Church needed money-Children were forced into prostitution, neighbouring towns were paying into the Church.
Yes Uben-this is all about the Church you love, and Nazareth House played the game world wide.
Nazareth house was an institution in scotland not australia.
stop lying dear.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Syncan(m): 8:36pm On Jul 06, 2017
brocab:
This is got to be one of the best about Peter that hits the charts-is Peter a liar-or is he not?

I believe I attended to the thread when issues concerning it's title was discussed. I really do not pride myself as knowledgeable in seemingly psychiatric issues. So sorry I can't help you.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2017
You may not believe you pride yourself as knowledgeable, but you surely pick sides-when hiding behind others and pointing your own views across, not one of you have taken any time to study history-you, like the rest of your comrades-haven't the slightest idea-about any topic's-but you are quick to judge-you and Uben haven't the slightest idea about anything-nothing about the Stolen Generation-or any of the institutions involved.
Scotland may have had problems with Nazareth House as Uben had claimed? "But Scotland wasn't the only country that had problems with Nazareth House, But still the problems stands-Dirty Molesting Homosexual Catholic's-sexually raping young boys and girls-to the point of murder-and suicide, more than just the few members of the Catholic Church abused the innocent further away from God, which led them burning in hell.
Great Church, that sits above...
{Matthew 23} Surely gives us a positive ascription-who and what the Pharisee Catholic Church stands for.
Syncan:

I believe I attended to the thread when issues concerning it's title was discussed. I really do not pride myself as knowledgeable in seemingly psychiatric issues. So sorry I can't help you.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 9:57pm On Jul 06, 2017
Uben I suppose we won't continual with this topic where Nazareth House was placed around the Globe-plus Uben you aren't doing your home work very well?-Once again-you have made yourself look like a fool, there is proof everywhere around the net, Uben if Nazareth House was built only in Scotland as you claim-Than the computer must be lying, you must be right, while technology's wrong.
An old saying. "Keep on lying, you will keep on dying" Uben your lying tongue is quickly spreading across the globe.
One would think the Catholic Church would teach their people "lying is a sin?
Not only Aboriginal boy's and Girls sexually abused out from Nazareth House, but white Children were also sexually abused by the Church-many more then the avenge few, was and still today are compensated by the Government, because of the poor treatment they retrieved back then, and now.
Australia-Nazareth House-Ballarat was built in Victoria-Cambelwell, also in Victoria-Australia, Geraldton, is in Western Australia, Tamworth is in New South Wales, another state of Australia, Nazareth House-Wynnum is in Queensland Australia.
Nazareth House seems to be institutions put in place-for all "black and white Children" to be sexually abused.
Uben by your own records Nazareth House is even in Scotland...
This white young fellow is a volunteer-working in Ballarat-Nazareth House, "I pray-he isn't a victim-of sexual abuse by anyone with this matter.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBauPZ1UYj0
Uben instead of trying to be some kind of a know it all-why not spend sometime reading up about the thousands of men and women around the world who were sexually abused by the Church, you love so much, read up about the slaughters the Church done against humanity in Genial.
Records about the Australian History are found in the net, read up about the thousands of Aboriginal people who were murdered just because they are "Black, "read up about your own people-your ancestors-the world's ancestors-those who changed the bible from the Latin language to the English language, they too, were burnt to the stake, slaughtered by the church, you love so much.
We have forgiven-but we have never forgotten.
Ubenedictus:
stop lying dear.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:20am On Jul 07, 2017
Look all these institutions are everywhere and every one of them is charged with some kind of abuse, court cases are flying in all directions against them.
And still-Uben denies the fact this sort of behaviour ever happened.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9d5V64ftoU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVD-bJcFbEk

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AbmXckZ3zM4
A Nun turns herself in-she's accused of sexual abuse.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7bVPbH85X0

1 Like

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:44am On Jul 07, 2017
Ubenedictus:
stop lying dear.

false accuser uben, u say anything, try the truth for a change

Just a few:

Sisters of Nazareth accused of impeding historic sex abuse ... - ABC
www.abc.net.au/news/2015-12-23/sisters-of-nazareth-accused-of.../7050832
Dec 22, 2015 - Sisters of Nazareth accused of impeding historic sex abuse investigation ... trying to identify the nun who he says used him as a intimacy gadget at the age of eight, at Nazareth House in Camberwell. .... Care Leavers Australia Network.

Melbourne Catholic Priests Warned To Ignore Letter On Child Abuse ...
www.smh.com.au › News › National
Oct 29, 2009 - Archbishop Hart's letter, sent on October 20, says the sexual abuse ... of Nazareth who ran the Nazareth House children's home in Ballarat.

Nuns accused of torture, sex assaults - theage.com.au
www.theage.com.au › Home › National News
Aug 29, 2002 - A former student at Nazareth House in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Wynnum claimed yesterday that two nuns at the former church ...
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 1:50am On Jul 07, 2017
Syncan:

What are the seemingly psychiatric issues in brocab post?

brocab:
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 8:42am On Jul 07, 2017
cool Sorry bro I got a bit carried away-with all their bull.
johnw74:

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Syncan(m): 8:47am On Jul 07, 2017
johnw74:

Well, if the attached screenshot does not tell you, what else can I say. cheesy

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Syncan(m): 8:54am On Jul 07, 2017
brocab:
You may not believe you pride yourself as knowledgeable, but you surely pick sides-when hiding behind others and pointing your own views across, not one of you have taken any time to study history-you, like the rest of your comrades-haven't the slightest idea-about any topic's-but you are quick to judge-you and Uben haven't the slightest idea about anything-nothing about the Stolen Generation-or any of the institutions involved.
Scotland may have had problems with Nazareth House as Uben had claimed? "But Scotland wasn't the only country that had problems with Nazareth House, But still the problems stands-Dirty Molesting Homosexual Catholic's-sexually raping young boys and girls-to the point of murder-and suicide, more than just the few members of the Catholic Church abused the innocent further away from God, which led them burning in hell.
Great Church, that sits above...
{Matthew 23} Surely gives us a positive ascription-who and what the Pharisee Catholic Church stands for.

Hahahaha, once again I shall repeat that I have aired my take on the thread. Your condition is unfortunate, but I can't help you. Seek proper help from specialists please.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by Ubenedictus(m): 9:07am On Jul 07, 2017
johnw74:

Just a few:

Dec 22, 2015 - Sisters of Nazareth accused of impeding historic sex abuse investigation ... trying to identify the nun who he says used him as a intimacy gadget at the age of eight, at Nazareth House in Camberwell. .... Care Leavers Australia Network.

Oct 29, 2009 - Archbishop Hart's letter, sent on October 20, says the sexual abuse ... of Nazareth who ran the Nazareth House children's home in Ballarat.

Aug 29, 2002 - A former student at Nazareth House in the Brisbane bayside suburb of Wynnum claimed yesterday that two nuns at the former church ...
I stand corrected
Ubenedictus:
I stand corrected
johnw74:

Just a few:

I stand corrected.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by JayB11(m): 2:48pm On Jul 07, 2017
uyplus:
Would luv 2knw y cathlcs bow to mary's statue, and pray repetetive prayers with da rosary, which the bible condemns.. Is bowin to a statue nt idolatry pls??
Why do u fix ur pastor's images and buy rubber bands from them with the believe dat it will save you....huhhhhh Can u compare the roles Mary exhibited on earth and that of ur pastors We honour Mary for she is the mother of Christ, the Bible teaches us to honour our parents. Mary is the Mother of my Jesus, if a typical Yoruba man can lie down and honour his parents in the name of culture, dont disregard if i cut of my legs when i stand to honour the mother of my savior when i pray.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by kennyblack94: 8:01pm On Jul 07, 2017
Someone asked me the real problem with Nigeria and African countries,the best response I was able to come up with "I know of that disease, It is very chronic and deadly. It is "Self hate". African People/ Black People have mastered the act and art of self hatred while thinking that heaven of white jesus awaits them.
It's ok for the Israelites to gaze upon and venerate the serpent set up by moses on a pole,
It's ok for you to access medical care from a hospital whose symbol is a serpent ....
But when your ancestors tell you that the python is sacred, you salute them with insults,
How else can I describe you ?
#Odinani faith #Copy!! #Share and illuminate Igbo tradition,culture and heritsge
#Wise up people even though. Nigerians hate reality, they prefer fairytale to reality.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 11:26pm On Jul 07, 2017
That is true-we need to honor our parents-but honoring Mary-she isn't our parent.
{Matthew 10:37} Anyone who loves their father and mother more than Me, is not worthy of Me.
{Matthew 12:48, Luke 8:21, Matthew 12:50} For whoever does the will of my Father in Heaven is My brother and sister and Mother.
So we, that do the will of God, are family-Mary's just family, just like we are family.
{1 peter 2:17} Show proper respect to everyone, love the family of believers, Fear God honor the King.
Mary can't, and won't save you-Jesus can, and will save you.
JayB11:

Why do u fix ur pastor's images and buy rubber bands from them with the believe dat it will save you....huhhhhh Can u compare the roles Mary exhibited on earth and that of ur pastors We honour Mary for she is the mother of Christ, the Bible teaches us to honour our parents. Mary is the Mother of my Jesus, if a typical Yoruba man can lie down and honour his parents in the name of culture, dont disregard if i cut of my legs when i stand to honour the mother of my savior when i pray.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by johnw74: 12:15am On Jul 08, 2017
brocab:
cool Sorry bro I got a bit carried away-with all their bull.

your only human smiley

I can't see that post, maybe it was deleted?
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:20am On Jul 08, 2017
You don't stand at all Uben-matter of fact you sit under it all" as true as this is, Johnw74 is correct-Johnw74 had told you first hand-the whereabouts of Nazareth House and its locations in Australia, the problem is, Uben, Nazareth House in Scotland was just one of places that happen-you aren't denying that fact, you aren't denying your beloved Church was involved in the crimes against humanity, you aren't denying your beloved Church, molested and raped young Children, in Scotland.
Isn't this enough to know, you agreed.
Do I have to say anymore?
Ubenedictus:
I stand corrected I stand corrected.
Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by brocab: 12:35am On Jul 08, 2017
Next time I will read first who wrote it-before I answer back.
You have been a good support to me, and thanks again brother..
johnw74:

your only human smiley

I can't see that post, maybe it was deleted?

Re: Why Do Catholics Pray With The Rosary, And Bow To Mary's Statue? by emmanuelex1(m): 3:55am On Jul 08, 2017
Catholics honor Mary not worship, please I will advice you tell any good catholic around you to teach you the wordings or recitations so you can understand very well. Catholics say Glory be to God and honor to Mary, there is a reason why it is not Glory be to Mary and Honor to God. Catholic beg God for forgiveness not Mary. You need somebody to teach you the recitation so you can understand properly. If you have good intention not being blasphemous you will certainly understand. You can not get everything online. God bless us all
uyplus:
Would luv 2knw y cathlcs bow to mary's statue, and pray repetetive prayers with da rosary, which the bible condemns.. Is bowin to a statue nt idolatry pls??

(1) (2) (3) ... (45) (46) (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) ... (83) (Reply)

"Corpse Refused To Be Buried Takes Villagers To The House Of Its Killer". Photos / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / Let Us Be More Tolerant Of Each Other

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.