Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,159 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:25 AM

Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? (16638 Views)

Why The Igbos Want Biafra And Yoruba/hausa Don't.. Personal Observation. / Afenifere Falae Is Taken By Fulani Kidnappers And Yoruba Do Nothng? Cowards! / President Jonathan And Yoruba Oba's, Blessing Or Curse? (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by manny4life(m): 1:37am On Oct 31, 2012
As usual, the thread has degenerated into insults...
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Dainfamous: 1:38am On Oct 31, 2012
bittyend: The amusing thing about the whole thing is that, these Igbo women act more Yoruba than Igbo.

I swear you won't know they're Igbo.

My boy's sister(Igbo girl) also married a Yoruba guy. Even his dad said he prefers Yoruba guys to Igbo guys and he likes Yoruba culture.
you lie too much give it a break...
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 1:50am On Oct 31, 2012
Dede1:

Before I join issues with the above balderdash and drivel, I would want you to be specific with dates of 1957 constitutional conference and the purpose. I demand these instances because by the time 1957 constitutional conference came around both eastern and western regions were granted self-governing.

In addition, tell me why Awolowo secretly sent Rosiji and Akintola to Bello to negotiate terms of coalition between NPC and AG while Awo and Adegbenro were in Onitisha trying to negotiate coalition terms. If this behavior was not a political double face, what else could be?

Katsumoto:

They had been granted partial autonomy in 1954; 1957 was about staying together as one or forming as separate nations.

There wasn't anything political doubleface about that action. If indeed it happened as you described, then it was politicking. After the Tory government failed to get a clear majority in 2010, the liberal democrats opened communications with both Labour and the Tories to form the new government. You negotiate with both parties and try to ascertain the situation that suits you best. But you wouldn't understand that since you don't understand politics and you want to undermine the other guy (Awo)

@Katsumoto,
You are the worst Yoruba hypocrite to grace this forum. You run about on this forum claiming that Awo offered Zik the position of Prime minister during negotiation to form coalition government. Now you have made a 180 degree turn to paint Awo's treacherous action as "politicking". Must you lie to win an argument?
Awo has once more been exposed as untrutworthy character. While you are racing and shifting the goal post to defend his indefensible action.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 2:02am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

These are lies again.

Financing the war (Biafra)
1. Central Banks in Enugu and Port Harcourt held 40m sterling
2. Collected 53m sterling in circulation
3. Bonds issued to Rothschild bank (exact amount not known)
4. Savings of Biafrans, other assets, before leaving Lagos, many Biafrans withdrew their savings
5. 2 million sterling taken from Benin Central Bank
6. After the war, through the efforts of Adeniran Ogunsanya, most Biafrans in the west, were able to take over their properties and in some cases, rent that had accrued.

It didn't make economic or financial sense to give 20 pounds to every Biafran for various reasons i.e inflation, adding to the financial burden of a country that fought a war without taking loans. However, socially and morally, Awo felt he had to do something. The 20 pound policy was the first in a series of policies that were designed to ameliorate the social, financial, and development conditions at the time and were planned over a 5 year period.

It has been estimated that between there was between 115 and 140 million pounds in Biafran currency at the end of the war and there were approximately 14 million Biafrans giving a value of 10 pounds per Biafran. Yet, each depositor was given 20 pounds. Assuming that kids did not have accounts, there would have been approximately 7/8 million depositors leading to a total sum of 140/160 million spent by Awo. But at the end of the war, Biafran pounds had no value.
You are still repeating the same fairy tale after you failed to defend it in the other thread. C'mon, are you suffering from mental automatism?
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 2:11am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

My own fathers were not involved in the war.

But Yorubas fought because Biafra attacked Yorubaland.
If this is what you call sound logic and strong analytical power, then I'd rather be dumb. Why wont Biafra attack Yorubaland when their territory was used as a launching pad for an attack on the Biafra. Was Yoruba not part of Nigeria? Your logic can be so warped at times that I wonder if you are cerebral palsy case.

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 2:39am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

STFU donkey
Your rating is fast approaching that of CyberG, Bluetooth, Ekoile and Dayokanu
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 2:43am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

Apart from the Yorubas who were already in the Army, when did large scale recruiting of Yorubas and others from the mid-west start?

The capital was in lagos but if Gowon moves to Kaduna before the Biafrans got their, would that have given them victory? Why didn't the Biafrans push back on the attack from the North?
I thought we've dealt with this issue before. You have a penchant for mindless repetition. Large scale recruitment into the army started even before Gowon's announcement of the creation of 12 states.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Freewilly(f): 2:44am On Oct 31, 2012
After going through 10 pages of this thread I'm so ashamed of my Yoruba brothers, you guys just disgust me for real. It's stuff like this that make

me not use my Yoruba name in public, then we wonder Igbos hate us so much.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 2:50am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

Nigeria could have attacked Biafra through the North and Mid-west but it only attacked from the North and not mid-west. Why was that? Had the governors of the Mid-west and West not declared neutrality?
You must be a cretin!

Does Gowon take order from Benin and Ibadan or the other way round? When it suits you; you will argue that Gowon was in control. But when it doesn't serve your purpose; you will argue otherwise.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 3:00am On Oct 31, 2012
Dede1:

Again, during the first constitutional conference in 1957 which was chaired by Allen Lennox-Boyd, the three Regional Premiers and Dr. Endeley, leader of Government Business in the Southern Cameroons House of Assembly submitted, at the beginning of the conference, a joint memorandum which demanded that the British Government should undertake to grant independence to the Federation in 1959.

I do not know where you pulled the crap that Zik voted to put off the independence for eastern region, preferring to wait for the North to be ready. It was the chairman of the occasion who rejected the demand from western and eastern region to grant Nigerian independence in 1959 during which he accepted Northern region demanded for self-governing. It must be recall that AG and NCNC have reached agreement in 1956 to forge ahead for independent for Nigerian in 1959.

When Allen Lennox-Boyd rejected the demand from both west and east while granting self-governing request from north, the AG and NCNC delegates walked out of the conference, As result of the walk-out, the conference was postponed to later month in 1957. However, Zik rasied objection to later date due to court issue and conference was postponed to 1958.

You can delude yourself with Tory and British political of transparency, the fact remains Awo and Action Group were caught in the act of double standard in 1959 and were rejected by both NPC and NCNC.
Thank you Dede1! cool

Another lie busted! Let me see him use that argument again on this forum.

Fvcking revisionist!

How did we sit back to allow Yorubas to revise history for their own benefit? I can't believe that this is happening to Ndigbo.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 3:20am On Oct 31, 2012
Katsumoto:

So Ajuluchuku, who was Zik's right hand man, wouldn't have know whether Ifeajuna was Zik's cousin? I have provided material which states they were cousins; go and find yours which states they weren't.
I grew up partly in Onitsha. I know Ifeajuna family. Ifeajuna and Azikiwe family are not related at all. They are simply Onitsha indigenes. I wonder why Ajuluchukwu chose to misinform people if he actually said so.
You can't misinform me here.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by ACM10: 3:28am On Oct 31, 2012
ejifranks: and in your infinite wisdom sir, you think that one must trust his landlord or landlady as a prerequisite for renting a house. what do you really understand by the world "TRUST". Even a wife that has being married to a man for several years may not still trust him talk more of common rent-age agreement.. I wonder who is the little minded person here, so fast to insult others...wise solomon like you... cool cool
Just ignore the f00l. Anonymous forum grants him the importance which eludes him in real life.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by cjrane: 4:34am On Oct 31, 2012
Igbo :Yoruba unity will only make sense if it is used to heal structural and political issues of Nigeria. In essence, there is no need for just Igbo: Yoruba unity. There is need for NIGERIAN UNITY.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by dayokanu(m): 5:17am On Oct 31, 2012
lagcity:

Ngodigha, stop showing me your Nyash. I'm a Yoruba, not an aboki who loves to fvck okoro Nyash. Atiku enjoys Soludo's Nyash regularly embarassed embarassed Hey Dayokanu, Abeg supply me with that picture of atiku and soludo grin grin
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by dayokanu(m): 5:18am On Oct 31, 2012
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by eldoradoxx: 7:31am On Oct 31, 2012
I am actually happy seeing the level of knowledge the Nigerian people in this forum possess about history albeit sometimes skwed in favour of tribal sentiment from both sides, however am saddened by the level of name calling and tribal sentiments peddled here. Our fathers did this and this led us to war less than 7 years after independence. I started with Western Nigeria crisis that led to arson, killings, looting, a power tussle between Awolowo group and Akintola group. This triggered the coup that led to the war. We fail to learn from history which has shown that any attempt to foist on Nigerians any tribal agenda would often fail. Ibos and Yorubas aside from mutual suspicions amongst them are the closest in terms of integration, both tribes parade enterprising people, both are well schooled, both are well travelled, both are dominantly Christains atleast religious unity exists to a large extent, both tribes are sophisticated in all rounds. So let them put aside their difference and progress together!!!

1 Like

Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by advocate666: 9:45am On Oct 31, 2012
eldoradoxx: I am actually happy seeing the level of knowledge the Nigerian people in this forum possess about history albeit sometimes skwed in favour of tribal sentiment from both sides, however am saddened by the level of name calling and tribal sentiments peddled here. Our fathers did this and this led us to war less than 7 years after independence. I started with Western Nigeria crisis that led to arson, killings, looting, a power tussle between Awolowo group and Akintola group. This triggered the coup that led to the war. We fail to learn from history which has shown that any attempt to foist on Nigerians any tribal agenda would often fail. Ibos and Yorubas aside from mutual suspicions amongst them are the closest in terms of integration, both tribes parade enterprising people, both are well schooled, both are well travelled, both are dominantly Christains atleast religious unity exists to a large extent, both tribes are sophisticated in all rounds. So let them put aside their difference and progress together!!!

Who cares what you want?
Mumu
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by Afam4eva(m): 10:14am On Oct 31, 2012
Just see what a well intentioned thread has degenerated into. If we hate ourselves this much why don't we all match to Abuja to free ourselves from each other. Except of court we're all feigning hate.
Re: Igbo And Yoruba Unity - How Possible? by advocate666: 10:30am On Oct 31, 2012
afam4eva: Just see what a well intentioned thread has degenerated into. If we hate ourselves this much why don't we all match to Abuja to free ourselves from each other. Except of court we're all feigning hate.

how can you call igbo-yoruba unity well intentioned?
How can an abomination be well intentioned?
Please, if Yoruba madness have overcome you, please go ahead and join them but don't drag us with you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (Reply)

APC South East Leaders Meet Buhari, Endorse Him For Second Term / Darkness Looms As TCN Moves To Disconnect Defaulting Discos, Gencos / ‘Nigeria Moving Away From Corruption To Production’ – Rotimi Amaechi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.