Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,593 members, 7,809,149 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:25 AM

Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London (2104 Views)

28 States In Nigeria ‘technically Bankrupt’– Gov Ajimobi / Gov. Ajimobi's Wife Arrested In London For Money Laundry. / Ajimobi’s Wife Arrested In The UK For Money Laundering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Skii(m): 11:18am On Oct 30, 2012
The wife of the Oyo State governor, Chief (Mrs) Florence Ajimobi, has been alleged to be in the net of London police authorities.

According to unconfirmed reports she was found in possession of Pound Sterling and United States Dollars totaling N500million about two weeks ago.

Mrs Ajimobi was said to have been arrested by the Met Police during her 52nd trip outside Nigeria in the last 17 months that her husband became the chief executive of the Pace-Setter state.
The development came barely a few months after Governor Kayode Fayemi of Ekiti State was arrested also in London on money laundering charges and was held for about 26 days in the United Kingdom.

According to the source ,Governor Abiola Ajimobi has equally been out of the country for about 42 times on personal and official trips that have cost the people of the state fortunes in estacode and denied them the opportunity of a responsible government during times of sorrow, like the August 26, 2011 flood disaster that ravaged the state.

The governor’s wife was held for a few days in London before she telephoned her husband who immediately flew out to the United Kingdom to save his wife and his administration from the embarrassment that the arrest could cause.

The governor was alleged to had stand in surety for his wife before she was temporarily released the weekend on her arrest.

It was reported that to ensure that the news does not get to public domain, Governor Ajimobi had to lie that he was travelling to Taiwan for “an emergency business trip”, and headed for London to stand surety for his wife.

Met police authorities it was said,accepted the surety-ship of a sitting high profile government official in cases of money laundering without which Mrs Ajimobi would have been declared wanted and Interpol sent after her.

When Mrs Ajimobi returned to Nigeria two Sundays ago, she avoided public gathering, never honoured any invitation and cancelled all previous appointments.

A community newspaper in London was said to have published the news of Mrs Ajimobi’s arrest with her picture lavishly used by the local daily.

http://www.cknnigeria.com/2012/10/gov-ajimobis-wife-allegedly-arrested.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+CknNigeria+%28CKN+Nigeria%29
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by opeoluwa2(f): 11:48am On Oct 30, 2012
Its an unfortunate situation.
Even in year 2012,leaders are still preoccupied with money laundry rather than helping and growing it economy.
I wish to see IB turned to Jo'burg.
I wish kaduna ll become the envy of other africa Nations.
I wish the roads leading to my village was properly developed.
I wish for a better nigerian
I wish
I wish
I wish
Watching American tackle hurricane Sandy has helped me to realise that our leaders are wicked and heartless.
I'm weeping for a blessed Nation called Nigeria whose only natural disasters are her leaders.

Note:Pls help,how do I post new thread?

1 Like

Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Nobody: 11:59am On Oct 30, 2012
what is the matter with all these our politicians sef
i just dey vex
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
They should sha please help us to dualise the Akobo ojurin to idi ape Road before they finish spending all the money.
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Kemy11(m): 2:04pm On Oct 30, 2012
Eyaaaa women and their fish brain so ibori case no teach lesson based on uk has zero tolerance for wuru wuru unlike our naija
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Nuzo1(m): 2:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
Like I always say, only very foolish Nigerians would think there's any difference between PDP and other political parties.
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by Leboska(m): 2:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
This is not gud for our nation's image God help my only Country. Somebody pray 4 us!
Re: Gov Ajimobi's Wife Allegedly Arrested For Money Laundry In London by mukina2: 3:16pm On Oct 30, 2012

(1)

Nigeria's Forgotten Railroad History(photos) / What My Husband Yar'adua Told Me Before His Death-turai Yar'adua Speaks / Atiku Returns Presidential Form

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.