Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police (10750 Views)

Diezani Was Not Arrested, Only Invited, Says Family / Buhari Was Not Arrested: The True Story / I Was Not Arrested By EFCC - Soludo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Mcfemad(m): 6:11pm On Oct 30, 2012
IRST LADY OF OYO STATE, MRS. FLORENCE AJIMOBI

SAN FRANCISCO, October 30, (THEWILL) – The London Metropolitan Police has not arrested the First Lady of Oyo State, Mrs. Florence Ajimobi.

Speculations concerning her alleged arrest in London for being in possession of 500, 000 British Pounds have been trending on the social media.

A Metropolitan Police information center personnel this morning told THEWILL during a phone query that there is no information on the alleged arrest of Ajimobi in the Metropolitan Police database.

Source:http://thewillnigeria.com/politics/16878.html

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Mcfemad(m): 6:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Oyo State Governor, Abiola Ajimobi Reacts: We want to state unequivocally that this report is not only wicked, it is the figment of the imagination of the writers. Mrs. Ajimobi was never arrested for any offence whatsoever. Even though our investigations have shown that this is the work of some arrowheads of the opposition, it was done in such an amateurish way that beats the imagination of any responsible reader [/size][size=8pt]

Source: http://tmi.me/yEWfP
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by omiobo: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
First to comment. I dey come I wan enter toilet. The sh.I.t too hold me

1 Like

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by omiobo: 6:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
First to comment. I dey come I wan enter toilet. The sh.I.t too hold me
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Nobody: 6:30pm On Oct 30, 2012
omiobo: First to comment. I dey come I wan enter toilet. The sh.I.t too hold me
sey na the shit make you post twice?

1 Like

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by omiobo: 6:45pm On Oct 30, 2012
toba: sey na the shit make you post twice?

I,Even need to flush am twice before the thing con gree go.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Dotman01(m): 6:51pm On Oct 30, 2012
front page pls
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by GARRIx7(m): 6:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
I remember how Aregbesola was accused of religious extremism and that he was nursing plans to secede..

cool cool

1 Like

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by SOHKAHTOA: 7:26pm On Oct 30, 2012
Only low brains and imbecilic characters will believe this swift rebuttal.. The will claimed a personnel of the metropolitan police information centre said so without an official statement from met police as well as the name of the personnel being in the mention.. The swift reactions trailing this news gives it a strong indication of truism.. We shall soon find out.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by RedLight1: 7:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
only a mor0n will believe the story initially

1 Like

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Horus(m): 7:34pm On Oct 30, 2012
[size=17pt]Gov Ajimobi sues media outfit for N1bn[/size]

OCTOBER 30, 2012

FOLLOWING alleged money laundering of about N500m in London by Governor Abiola Ajimobi’s wife and her arrest by Metropolitan police, the governor has filed N1billion suit against Independent Communications Network Limited.

This was disclosed by the Special Adviser on Media to the governor, Dr. Festus Adedayo.

According to him, the evening newspaper had on Tuesday published a piece entitled ‘Anxiety over Florence Ajimobi’s alleged arrest in UK’ wherein it published a story purportedly written by an online agency named Newsleak which alleged that the wife of the governor had been arrested in London for money laundering.

According to the release, the government of Oyo State had the responsibility to ensure that the media does not become an instrument in the hands of blackmailers for such acts.

“We want to state unequivocally that this report is not only wicked, it is the figment of the imagination of the writers.

Mrs. Ajimobi was never arrested for any offence whatsoever. Even though our investigations have shown that this is the work of some arrowheads of the opposition, it was done in such an amateurish way that beats the imagination of any responsible reader,” the release said.

The government said that though it had a lot of respect for the media, there was the need to drag the runners of these media to court to explain the details of their reports to the rest of the world.

The government decried what it called dirty politicking by the opposition in the state who use the media for the propagation of their falsehood, stating that the courts would be able to compel those behind this wicked lie to provide details of the veracity or otherwise of their claims on the governor’s wife.

Source: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2012/10/money-laundering-gov-ajimobi-sues-media-outfit-for-n1bn/
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by killuminati(m): 7:35pm On Oct 30, 2012
Who be dat police woman wey dey for background of d pics? undecided
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Lets just wait and see.
The truth will surely come to the surface.

Who knows maybe it will sink back.

But lets just wait.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by leighcon(m): 7:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
Below is an exchange of email between myself and the Information Commissioner in Oyo state;

To:
Sent: Tuesday, October 30, 2012 4:48 PM
Subject: News on Mrs> Ajimobi's Arrest

Sir,
Saw a news in the link below on the arrest of Governor's wife and how he has travelled to stand surety for him.

Ajimobi's wife Arrest

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 30 October 2012 19:22
Subject: Re: News on Mrs> Ajimobi's Arrest
To:

Ajimobi sues PM News, NewsLeak for N1b over report on wife

The Oyo State Governor, Senator Abiola Ajimobi, has sued the Independent Communications Network Limited, publishers of PM News for the sum of N1 billion.

This was disclosed in a release issued by Festus Adedayo, the governor's Special Adviser on Media.

The evening newspaper had on Tuesday published a piece entitled 'Anxiety over Florence Ajimobi's alleged arrest in UK' wherein it published a story purportedly written by an online agency named Newsleak which alleged that the wife of the governor had been arrested in London for money laundering.

According to the release, the government of Oyo State had the responsibility to ensure that the media does not become an instrument in the hands of blackmailers for such acts.

"We want to state unequivocally that this report is not only wicked, it is the figment of the imagination of the writers. Mrs. Ajimobi was never arrested for any offence whatsoever. Even though our investigations have shown that this is the work of some arrowheads of the opposition, it was done in such an amateurish way that beats the imagination of any responsible reader," the release said.

The government said that though it had a lot of respect for the media, there was the need to drag the runners of these media to court to explain the details of their reports to the rest of the world.

The government decried what it called dirty politicking by the opposition in the state who use the media for the propagation of their falsehood, stating that the courts would be able to compel those behind this wicked lie to provide details of the veracity or otherwise of their claims on the governor's wife.

On 30 October 2012 19:24, wrote:

According to peddlers of the wicked rumuor about the Oyo State First Lady, it was a community based newspaper in the UK that published the news of Mrs Ajimobi's "arrest" with Lavish pictures and they have been making efforts to get the pictures.
However here are some posers for the wicked souls>>>>>
1. how come they got the news and not the pictures.

2. Which community based newspaper in the UK will publish without a name of the tabloid?

3. What is the name of the newspaper for it to be verified by discerning readers?

4. How come Chief Wole Olanipekun SAN was named as the Lawyer when the newspaper has no name and Chief Olanipekun is not licensed to practise Law in the UK?

5. why would Mrs Ajimobi be arrested on Tuesday 16th October (2 weeks ago by their report) when she was busy disrtibuting food items to the less priviledged in Oyo State on that same day at the flag off of Ajumose food bank marking the world food day?

6. How come there is nothing on the website of London Metropolitan Police to this effect?

7. How come according to the rumour mongers, she was granted one week bail and she chose to travel back to London on Sunday 28th October 2012 two weeks after having "jumped bail" for one week?

8. why are the rumour mongers using pseudo names on face book?

Answer pleeeassssse!!!!!!!!!!!

6 Likes

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by otokx(m): 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
There should be a media regulatory body.

1 Like

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by a1solution: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2012
ok we don hear your own side
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Orblonde: 7:40pm On Oct 30, 2012
We'll the uk police will soon confirm if it actually happened or not. Either way nothing will happen to her if she is freed to return to Nigeria. Her people will line the streets to welcome her, if she has been exporting looted funds or not. This is Nigeria and we are more obsessed with lyching and burning petty thieves that may have stolen a tuber of yam out of hunger as a result of the nation funds that would have been used to support him being looted.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by chichiman: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
What else can we expect from this poster whose NL account suggest that he believes EVERYTHING (perhaps, including posting a conspicuously incredible thread) is possible. It is this type of Nigerians that makes Nigerian politicians to think the majority of Nigerians are fools -- which, in any case, given what one reads here be name, they might be.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
abegiiiii...make una spare us all dat grammer..no smoke wey no get fire inside...make them check her wel again..no be she pack women go london d oda tym just to hold meeting?
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by waice6571: 7:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
In every rumour..........
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by SOHKAHTOA: 7:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
Home > News > Metro > London Met Police confirms arrest of Florence Ajimobi
London Met Police confirms arrest of Florence Ajimobi  
Published on October 30, 2012 by   ·   No Comments
London Metropolitan Police has confirmed the arrest of Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, wife of Oyo state Governor, over money laundering.
The Met confirmation came this afternoon following an enquiry by P.M.NEWS on the story making the rounds that Mrs. Ajimobi was arrested in London, with the sum of 400,000 pounds and thousands of US dollars, valued at N500million.
The Met simply said ‘Yes’ to our question, seeking confirmation about the arrest.
However, the organization declined to give further information about the matter, citing a UK law.
“I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you under the Data Protection Act,” an officer in the MET Lambeth Office responded.
There was anxiety in the government circles of Nigeria’s Oyo State this morning over the arrest of Mrs. Ajimobi.
Reports on the web and some blogs claimed that the woman was arrested two weeks ago by the London Metropolitan Police on her 52nd trip to the UK since her husband became governor 17 months ago.
London Met Police has not issued any statement about her alleged arrest. And her name drew blank in a search of the Met Police website by P.M.NEWS.
The unconfirmed reports claimed that Governor Abiola Ajimobi has had to fly to the UK to get her bailed. Mrs. Ajimobi has a North London address in Golders Green and ordinarily visits the UK.
So far, the Oyo state government has kept mute over this story. And the disappearance of Governor Ajimobi from Ibadan, the capital for some two days has further given some ammunition to the purveyors of the news about his wife, styled The First Lady of Oyo state.
Governor Ajimobi was in office today, but bearers of the tale about the wife, have been unrelenting.
Mrs. Ajimobi’s personal staff at Agodi have also not issued denials of any sort.
Miss Yemisi Dada, Special Assistant on Media to Chief Mrs. Ajimobi on a phone interaction at exactly 8:11am claimed that she was not in Ibadan at the time of the telephone conversation adding that she was not aware of such development.
“I cannot talk about that. I am not aware of what you are talking about and besides, I am not in Ibadan right now. Meanwhile, I will find out the correct situation and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/30/london-met-police-confirms-arrest-of-florence-ajimobi/

Which of these two writeups looks more credible?
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Nobody: 7:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
hmmm! What if it was actually true?
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by veraponpo(m): 8:01pm On Oct 30, 2012
SOH KAH TOA:

Home > News > Metro > London Met Police confirms arrest of Florence Ajimobi
London Met Police confirms arrest of Florence Ajimobi  
Published on October 30, 2012 by   ·   No Comments
London Metropolitan Police has confirmed the arrest of Mrs. Florence Ajimobi, wife of Oyo state Governor, over money laundering.
The Met confirmation came this afternoon following an enquiry by P.M.NEWS on the story making the rounds that Mrs. Ajimobi was arrested in London, with the sum of 400,000 pounds and thousands of US dollars, valued at N500million.
The Met simply said ‘Yes’ to our question, seeking confirmation about the arrest.
However, the organization declined to give further information about the matter, citing a UK law.
“I am sorry, we are unable to disclose any information to you under the Data Protection Act,” an officer in the MET Lambeth Office responded.
There was anxiety in the government circles of Nigeria’s Oyo State this morning over the arrest of Mrs. Ajimobi.
Reports on the web and some blogs claimed that the woman was arrested two weeks ago by the London Metropolitan Police on her 52nd trip to the UK since her husband became governor 17 months ago.
London Met Police has not issued any statement about her alleged arrest. And her name drew blank in a search of the Met Police website by P.M.NEWS.
The unconfirmed reports claimed that Governor Abiola Ajimobi has had to fly to the UK to get her bailed. Mrs. Ajimobi has a North London address in Golders Green and ordinarily visits the UK.
So far, the Oyo state government has kept mute over this story. And the disappearance of Governor Ajimobi from Ibadan, the capital for some two days has further given some ammunition to the purveyors of the news about his wife, styled The First Lady of Oyo state.
Governor Ajimobi was in office today, but bearers of the tale about the wife, have been unrelenting.
Mrs. Ajimobi’s personal staff at Agodi have also not issued denials of any sort.
Miss Yemisi Dada, Special Assistant on Media to Chief Mrs. Ajimobi on a phone interaction at exactly 8:11am claimed that she was not in Ibadan at the time of the telephone conversation adding that she was not aware of such development.
“I cannot talk about that. I am not aware of what you are talking about and besides, I am not in Ibadan right now. Meanwhile, I will find out the correct situation and get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks”.

http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2012/10/30/london-met-police-confirms-arrest-of-florence-ajimobi/

Which of these two writeups looks more credible?

You should know better by now. Ajimobi was at Arisekola's house on Friday celebrating Eid Kabar with him, in fact there was a furore concerning the PDP and NURTW people there over praise singing of Ajimobi instead of the PDP bigwigs there. So how could he haveb travelled to London around the same time? The arrest story is too weak. PDP try again later.

2 Likes

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Maxymilliano(m): 8:08pm On Oct 30, 2012
I still go with the version of the story, there's some credibility in what was reported by PM news than the damage control by The Will. The governor's N1Bn libel is more like a reactionary and unnecessary braggadacio which even lend more credence to the original version.

Drama continues while we await the turn of event.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by ANALIST: 8:10pm On Oct 30, 2012
Who verifies what people wait, I say wait, the "AJUALA" is not yet out of the hole.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by MrGlobe(m): 8:13pm On Oct 30, 2012
Nigeria is gradually fallibg apart. so the will or whatever called somebody unofficially who 'said it is not in thier database' and quickly went to press with it, while PM news reached out officially. hmm. The governor should stop crying wolf, the deed has been done. I wonder what is holding sahara reporyers from breaking with this news. On PM News story I stand.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by MrGlobe(m): 8:15pm On Oct 30, 2012
veraponpo:

You should know better by now. Ajimobi was at Arisekola's house on Friday celebrating Eid Kabar with him, in fact there was a furore concerning the PDP and NURTW people there over praise singing of Ajimobi instead of the PDP bigwigs there. So how could he haveb travelled to London around the same time? The arrest story is too weak. PDP try again later.
no, your flimsy excuse is too weak, try again later.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by maynacre: 8:31pm On Oct 30, 2012
you wanna know the true true story. visit ijustice.co.uk
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by searay(m): 8:44pm On Oct 30, 2012
She was not arrested? Then wetin she dey fine for London? I hear say them grap am with £400,000. Thank no be Aluu.
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by honeric01(m): 8:46pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mr. Globe:

no, your flimsy excuse is too weak, try again later.

Hehehe you're so lame.. please any pictures for us to see? grin grin grin
Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by Sleek05(f): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
Ppl r funi oo...all of a sudden, pm news becoms credible news. So many evidences against d story but ppl stl forcing themselves to believe pm news. Pm news n newsleak. Wetin be dat sef? .. I'm sure d website was created exclusively 4dis story. We rly can't go far if we keep wishing our leaders evil. N many ppl commentin don't even stay in ib. Any hogwash z conveniently digested. However, I hope d MD of pm news wil strt thinkin of sellin his company 2 pay 4 damages, cuz d sooner, d better!

4 Likes

Re: Oyo’s First Lady Not Arrested - London’s Metropolitan Police by dayokanu(m): 9:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
Junk journalism

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Tinubu The Richest Politician In Africa? / Lagos INEC Sets For Supplementary Elections In 148 Polling Units / Leadership One Of Nigeria’s Problems – Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.