Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,759 members, 7,817,099 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:27 AM

What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? (10247 Views)

What Is The Excitement Of Wedding Night When Your Wife Is Not A Virgin? / Imagine This Kind Of Love? Could This Be ????(photo) / How Many Nigerian Girls Will Do Dis Kind Of Wedding (PIC) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
Here are Two scenarios when it comes to celebrating the union of two people in Nigeria.

There is a low key one which only involves close family and friends. Usually low budget because there are not so many mouths to feed and very little wastage.

There is the other which is the flamboyant one that involves inviting as many friends and acquittance as possible. Such ceremonies involves big budgets and most times the couple and there families get overstretched after the ceremony.
There's a lot of wastage involved and most times the couple bare the brunt of the cost long after the event.

I personally prefer the former because of the type of person i am. I don't like make noise about my personal affair and such an occasion to me is very personal so only very close friends and family would be privy to it.
Besides that, I'm also and entrepreneur and business person and i strongly believe in cutting wastage and feeding unknown people is part of it.

I know most women would prefer the the latter because they believe such a ceremony only comes once and it should be full of memories for them.

So whats your take on this because it's very important to me and I'd love to know your views on this.

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by k2039: 8:37pm On Oct 30, 2012
Low key

Preferably court marriage.I just want extremely close freinds and extremely close family members.

I hate noise and publicity

4 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by UmericanGirl(f): 8:43pm On Oct 30, 2012
k2039: Low key

Preferably court marriage.I just want extremely close freinds and extremely close family members.

I hate noise and publicity

I will crash your wedding if I dont get an invite!
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by k2039: 8:52pm On Oct 30, 2012
UmericanGirl:

I will crash your wedding if I dont get an invite!

Last time I checked you are till classified as extremely close freind

For the threat alone,you have a ticket,last thing I want is CNN's attention as a result of the crash,lol

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by UmericanGirl(f): 8:54pm On Oct 30, 2012
k2039:

Last time I checked you are till classified as extremely close freind

For the threat alone,you have a ticket,last thing I want is CNN's attention as a result of the crash,lol

smiley
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by passionate88: 8:58pm On Oct 30, 2012
Low Key.... I am VERY shy and quiet... plus I no too hold angry angry angry angry angry angry
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by cindyrella(f): 9:02pm On Oct 30, 2012
Erm op, me I prefer no 2 o!

I like owambe well well! Everybody is invited! grin grin

Rice Stew Very Plenty! (RSVP)

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by MrsChima(f): 9:03pm On Oct 30, 2012
My wedding was very intimate with close family and friends. It was beautiful and everyone had fun! We were so tired by night fall that we didn't even------------.

It was nice that both of our families were able to attend and celebrated the union. It was nice to see different cultures blending well and people had a blast! cheesy cheesy

Nice food and great music....I was "sprayed" with so much money that I felt like a hooker! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by MrsChima(f): 9:06pm On Oct 30, 2012
cindyrella: Erm op, me I prefer no 2 o!

I don't do rice stew. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by cindyrella(f): 9:25pm On Oct 30, 2012
Mrs.Chima:

I don't do rice stew. undecided undecided undecided undecided
Aaah! Madam whitey! grin
What of fried lice? Or yoloff? any one ya want is available joor! grin

Owambe thingz cool

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by dmcdad: 9:27pm On Oct 30, 2012
cindyrella: Erm op, me I prefer no 2 o!

I know for sure that the second alternative is more your bag... Lol. Anywayz, I am a melancholy and as such I dont fancy creating too much awareness. The first one is more my bag
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by tobechi20(m): 9:29pm On Oct 30, 2012
Me, my bride, best man,bridesmaid, two withnes. FINISH
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by cindyrella(f): 9:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
dmcdad:

I know for sure that the second alternative is more your bag... Lol. Anywayz, I am a melancholy and as such I dont fancy creating too much awareness. The first one is more my bag
Different strokes for different folks!
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Oct 30, 2012
tobechi20: Me, my bride, best man,bridesmaid, two withnes. FINISH
Lol!
@Mrs_Chima Thanks for sharing your wedding experience. The hooker feeling is quite awesome shey?
dmcdad:

I feel you bro!

Problem now is mine will be a departure from the norm in my family. I just can't imagine myself being the center of attention in a big crowd. I will certainly loose my cool, just can't cope with that much public glare.
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by dmcdad: 9:47pm On Oct 30, 2012
cindyrella:
Different strokes for different folks!

Sure thing!
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by vivianc(f): 11:14pm On Oct 30, 2012
Low key gini? Mbanu! The wedding will be just ok, not too flamboyant but definitely not low key.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:17pm On Oct 30, 2012
The latter. . .

If that will make her happy, then so be it! Her happiness comes first.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:18pm On Oct 30, 2012
vivian chinaza: Low key gini? Mbanu! The wedding will be just ok, not too flamboyant but definitely not low key.
Seriously, i dont know since when the opposite of low-key became flamboyant. . .

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by vivianc(f): 11:23pm On Oct 30, 2012
sexkillz: Seriously, i dont know since when the opposite of low-key became flamboyant. . .

grin grin Do I look like oyibo to you? I write am the way I understand joor...........the most important thing is you understood my point. tongue

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 11:33pm On Oct 30, 2012
vivian chinaza:

grin grin Do I look like oyibo to you? I write am the way I understand joor...........the most important thing is you understood my point. tongue
Lol. . .

I am on your side. Wondering why anyone will call my wedding flamboyant because i invited more people than they chose to. . .
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by vivianc(f): 11:38pm On Oct 30, 2012
sexkillz: Lol. . .

I am on your side. Wondering why anyone will call my wedding flamboyant because i invited more people than they chose to. . .

Lol, good to know jare.
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by MrsChima(f): 11:57pm On Oct 30, 2012
cindyrella:
Aaah! Madam whitey! grin
What of fried lice? Or yoloff? any one ya want is available joor! grin

Owambe thingz cool

Only thing white on me is my teeth. grin I love southern creole food. tongue
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by MrsChima(f): 11:59pm On Oct 30, 2012
Brand_new:
Lol!
@Mrs_Chima Thanks for sharing your wedding experience. The hooker feeling is quite awesome shey?

I feel you bro!

Problem now is mine will be a departure from the norm in my family. I just can't imagine myself being the center of attention in a big crowd. I will certainly loose my cool, just can't cope with that much public glare.

Yes! I had fun feeling like a hooker....I made plenty of cash. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by blackbalang(f): 7:48am On Oct 31, 2012
tobechi20: Me, my bride, best man,bridesmaid, two withnes. FINISH
me, groom, siblings n parents. I dnt want to see ani uncle r aunt r frds. Hope d mother in-law understands cause I've been singing it in my mum's ear since I was 7

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by UjSizzle(f): 8:12am On Oct 31, 2012
Brand_new: Here are Two scenarios when it comes to celebrating the union of two people in Nigeria.

There is a low key one which only involves close family and friends. Usually low budget because there are not so many mouths to feed and very little wastage.

There is the other which is the flamboyant one that involves inviting as many friends and acquittance as possible. Such ceremonies involves big budgets and most times the couple and there families get overstretched after the ceremony.
There's a lot of wastage involved and most times the couple bare the brunt of the cost long after the event.

I personally prefer the former because of the type of person i am. I don't like make noise about my personal affair and such an occasion to me is very personal so only very close friends and family would be privy to it.
Besides that, I'm also and entrepreneur and business person and i strongly believe in cutting wastage and feeding unknown people is part of it.

I know most women would prefer the the latter because they believe such a ceremony only comes once and it should be full of memories for them.

So whats your take on this because it's very important to me and I'd love to know your views on this.

I'm not sure exactly. I like my privacy a lot, but still I'd love a big wedding, even though crowds and lots of noise gets on my nerves. I'll just have to discuss this with the lucky guy, we'll decide then.
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Mynd44: 8:20am On Oct 31, 2012
My wedding. This is what I would love
Me, the Bride, two witnesses and the officiating priest/judge.
And in another part of the world, 5 cows are dead and they are throwing a party which I won't attend.

1 Like

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2012
Low key bi ti bawo?! Omo na flamboyant tinz oh. I'm more of an introvert, and all my life..i've always done my tinz low key..away from prying eyes..prolly cos i'm shy. But this one??..lailai! The world must know dat booqee is getting married. Pple have always believed dat cos of my personality i'll want a small wedding..but i'm gon shock d hell outta dem.
Wedding go begin from thursday until saturday..sunday if possible sef! tongue
but seriously..i've always dreamt of a flamboyant one. God help me!

3 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Patdedon(m): 9:51am On Oct 31, 2012
Very high key. Cos of many close friends and two big families. YOLO
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by buhak: 9:52am On Oct 31, 2012
the choice is yours but do something that u will not regret off
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by ZUBBYNWA(m): 9:55am On Oct 31, 2012
low key is ok
Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by Nimi22(f): 10:01am On Oct 31, 2012
I dont want a flamboyant wedding neither do i want a low key (me and my fanily thing) so i guess i will just settle in between.

2 Likes

Re: What Kind Of Wedding Ceremony Do You Prefer? by mission08: 10:04am On Oct 31, 2012
Well, we had just about 200-250 guests at our wedding, it was not too big but elegant. Wouldn't call that a low key or flamboyant wedding, just in between.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

23-year-old Boy Caught Sleeping With A Woman Old Enough To Be His Grandmother. / Federal Government To Add 40% Of Public Servant Salary Peculiar Allowance : / Which Of These Is Your Favourite Position When Sleeping With Your Partner?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.