Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,114 members, 7,814,914 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) (5320 Views)

As A Husband, Or Wife, Who Will You Make Your Next Of Kin / Who Pays For The Mortgage? Me Alone, Or Should Wife Help? / Should A Working Couple Split The Bills? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by choicehome(f): 12:02pm On Jan 29, 2008
WHO PAYS THE BILLS (WIFE OR HUSBAND)[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font]

Money plays a major role in the success of marriage relationships if it is well handled. Money has been one of the major causes of disagreement and crisis in many homes today because the people involved lack the knowledge on how to handle it properly.

Money management is a very important factor in marriage, which can either make or mar a marriage relationship.

Couples to be, should discuss money matters during the courtship period. They should not wait until marriage is in place. They should be able to discuss how money will be handled in the home when they are married.

Questions like who will be responsible for the bills, house rent, school fees, clothing, food stuff etc. should be answered. Also if there is need for joint account, individual saving account and investments, all these should be properly discussed and agreed upon before the marriage, with that in place, there will be no room for problems or disagreements on these when they are finally married.

Thanks.

laura@choicehome-ng.org
www.choicehome-ng.org
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 3:38pm On Jan 29, 2008
Whoever has the money!
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by amsky(m): 5:13pm On Jan 29, 2008
yes michelin,you are right,but things like kids' fees,housekeeping etc should be handled by the man(traditionally). some guys get annoyed when their wives pay o.they'll say the woman wants to stage a coup-d'etat.

In my own case,there is no hard and fast rule.if i pay good,and if he does, better grin. it's all for the common good.
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jan 29, 2008
If I have the money at that particular moment I'll pay. If he gets upset because I played his role, fine, he should give me the money back. haba. Me I nor go refuse the money. grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Emad(f): 11:35am On Jan 31, 2008
the Husband, if he cannot he shd get someone to do his Job grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 3:15pm On Jan 31, 2008
The husband of course!  But I write the checks! kiss  My income is to supplement only---just in case!  Besides I hate to stay at home! cry

michelin89:

If I have the money at that particular moment I'll pay. If he gets upset because I played his role, fine, he should give me the money back. haba. Me I nor go refuse the money. grin

Wait till you have 4 children in private schools with anything from soccer to ballet practice, to field trips plus tutorial classes Monday through Friday and some weekends tooooooooooo.  Na die!!!!

Don't even start on that note my dear sister--not even as a joke! angry  Don't ever encourage a loafer to come near you because of the size of his "dddd"!!! cheesy

You think say na Naija we dey?  Abi you no wan make your pickins them go "Harvard".  My dear our time is passed oh.  I can't even compete with my kids because I agree I am "an olodo" where they are--thanks to the residues of the almighty Nigerian education.  I can never catch up with them.  I can't even hold a conversation at their level without feeling ashamed.  This is even after I have re-educated myself here oh!  Nigerian children dey for yonder dey play "LUDO" for after school entertainment!

Why do you think we work so hard?  So your children will sit on Nairaland like us replying topics like "how long is your deek" and "how wide is your pussy"? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
God forbid bad thing!

My sista, no take am play at all! cry  Don't pay any major bills in your house!  Shey the man na head of house[b]hole?[/b]

Make im prove am!  Please do not settle for less--your kids must attend Harvard and Yale!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

michelin89:

Whoever has the money!

No be for my household I say!  Head of the household--he must prove it.  He must pay all major bills in the house!  My pay check na for "savings only"!

Make una marry better men I beg una! cheesy
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 3:37pm On Jan 31, 2008
almondjoy:

The husband of course! But I write the checks! kiss My income is to supplement only---just in case! Besides I hate to stay at home! cry

Wait till you have 4 children in private schools with anything from soccer to ballet practice, to field trips plus tutorial classes Monday through Friday and some weekends tooooooooooo. Na die!!!!

Don't even start on that note my dear sister--not even as a joke! angry Don't ever encourage a loafer to come near you because of the size of his "dddd"!!! cheesy

You think say na Naija we dey? Abi you no wan make your pickins them go "Harvard". My dear our time is passed oh. I can't even compete with my kids because I agree I am "an olodo" where they are--thanks to the residues of the almighty Nigerian education. I can never catch up with them. I can't even hold a conversation at their level without feeling ashamed. This is even after I have re-educated myself here oh! Nigerian children dey for yonder dey play "LUDO" for after school entertainment!

Why do you think we work so hard? So your children will sit on Nairaland like us replying topics like "how long is your deek" and "how wide is your pussy"? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
God forbid bad thing!

My sista, no take am play at all! cry Don't pay any major bills in your house! Shey the man na head of house[b]hole?[/b]

Make im prove am! Please do not settle for less--your kids must attend Harvard and Yale!!!!! kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss

No be for my household I say! Head of the household--he must prove it. He must pay all major bills in the house! My pay check na for "savings only"!

Make una marry better men I beg una! cheesy

Cheiiii! Abi o. They want the cake, they shall have it.

But big sister: you nor dey pity these poor men? To send pikin to Harvard no easy o.
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 3:56pm On Jan 31, 2008
michelin89:

Cheiiii! Abi o. They want the cake, they shall have it.

But big sister: you nor dey pity these poor men? To send pikin to Harvard no easy o.

They can only have the best I am sorry.  No compromises!  I no dey pity them at all.  If na to whip out deek and make noise--small matter.  The time is now!  I say all must go to Harvard.  They are too intelligent to fall through the cracks!

I do not compromise that! kiss

I don't want ma kids to end up on places like Nairaland or mindspace--abi na myspace.cum! cheesy

Okay, I will take Vanderbilt, Duke or Cornell? cheesy  How about those?
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 3:59pm On Jan 31, 2008
AJ, so me too don go astray abi? cheesy grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 4:03pm On Jan 31, 2008
michelin89:

AJ, so me too don go astray abi? cheesy grin

We have all gone astray as first generation Nigerians! You no see us for Nairaland? cheesy Like sheep without shepherd? tongue

I am just giving you sisterly advice.  Aim higher my dear!  Don't even joke with that bill paying thingy. Do not ever mess with a "loafer" say you are having sex! cheesy  You will just end up like one of these baby mamas here begging for child support!

God forbid I say!  Your kids must all go to private schools and Mr Michellin89 must pay because he loves you all and he was raised right! kiss
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by uspry1(f): 4:34pm On Jan 31, 2008
The way i was raised from past generation that i was taught even though my family are strictly Christians living in a rural small town, is really opposite.

In my family, all wives pay the bills when their husbands gave their paychecks to them to take care of budget. But husbands are still head of household to take care of house maintenances where wives do not do except paying bills.

I asked all married aunts, female cousins and my mom a question: why not husbands pay bills, not wives. Their answer is all husbands hate paying bills themselves that is not their bags!!!! Obviously it shows how bad rural/country husbands have trouble with financial management they need wives help!!!! That's what wives are for!!!!
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by uspry1(f): 4:40pm On Jan 31, 2008
abi AJ about how smart today's children are (in the USA/UK/China/Canada)? All children ought go lvy colleges, not want ending up low lives!

Look at Nairaland, Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, and other social networking are fast-growing globally today that is alarming me everyday! I talk about sexuality, drug, and alcohol influences out of control!!!
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 5:01pm On Jan 31, 2008
uspry1:

abi AJ about how smart today's children are (in the USA/UK/China/Canada)? All children ought go lvy colleges, not want ending up low lives!

Look at Nairaland, Facebook, MySpace, Hi5, and other social networking are fast-growing globally today that is alarming me everyday! I talk about sexuality, drug, and alcohol influences out of control!!!

Thank you ma sista!  That is why I work myself to death!  If a man does not pay the major bills in the house, now tell me how this is possible? undecided  I thought I had opportunities till I left Nigeria. They must have the best I say.  Each day they open their mouths and discuss issues like American politics amongst themselves and their cousins and other things I am motivated to work harder!  It is like I am watching CNN live or something--come check out analysis! I just hide in one corner and be listening to these children in amazement. When these kids write term papers, I just hide somewhere and cry for joy!   The shameful part is that I cannot even help them with the kind of homework they bring home---Nairaland don block ma brain finish----he he he he he he he cheesy grin cheesy grin-so we have to pay tutors to keep up with them--and where is the money going to come from? embarassed  Let us be the low lives for heaven's sake I say!  That is a very small sacrifice to pay. cool 

Ivy league school or nothing.  I may not even have to pay----All are scholarship candidates and very competitive with each other and all their cousins.   No one wants to be left behind and I love that! cool  Now tell me how a man will not pay bills with all these plans? undecided

So head of the house[b]hole[/b] has to keep working why I write those checks babv! kiss  It would pay off in the end or all of us will end up on Nairaland looking for deeks and pussies to suck and lick! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

I say may the heavens forbid.  The curse will definitely be broken with me! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy cheesy grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by omoge(f): 5:14pm On Jan 31, 2008
i laugh tire AJ

rotflol grin grin grin grin

true talk grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 5:27pm On Jan 31, 2008
omoge:

i laugh tire AJ

rotflol grin grin grin grin

true talk grin

He he he he he he he!  cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Omoge baby!  Happy New Year--abi na Happy Old Year! oooooooooooooooooh!  Thanks for your understanding jare! kiss kiss kiss kiss

The kind of topics in Nairaland no dey trip you? cheesy   

Smelling Pussies, Itching deeks!  Make I siddon here dey entertain myself while I work hard to make sure my kids do not smell such rubbish!

Chai! cheesy
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by amsky(m): 5:29pm On Jan 31, 2008
grin grin grin   O!!!! almondjoy,your kids don dey write term papers eh?
okay my own dey draw fish wey resemble lizard and dey recite vowels.Na breast the other one still dey drink. cheesy grin cheesy grin

you see,this is a sensitive issue in most homes,and i wonder why it has to be.How on earth will a man- MAN O-allow his wife pay fees why? what is he the head of the house for? My dear,if my husband refuses for any reason to pay kids' fees or bills, then i'll pay,but he will not hear the last of it o. that is a promise. I have never found myself in that position,but i pay fees for an aunty's kids in Nigeria whose husband has bluntly refused to live up to his responsibility;but when they say family head,he'll jump out like ogoro.

We all want the best for our kids,no matter what it takes.if it takes my holding two jobs,to give them world class education;where their father refuses(he wont even give it a thought), i will.  just like you said:if i had the oppurtuinities they have now,    but since i did not have it,i'm willing to struggle to give it to them. kiss
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 5:36pm On Jan 31, 2008
amsky:

grin grin grin   O!!!! almondjoy,your kids don dey write term papers eh?

okay my own dey draw fish wey resemble lizard and dey recite vowels.Na breast the other one still dey drink. cheesy grin cheesy grin

you see,this is a sensitive issue in most homes,and i wonder why it has to be.

How on earth will a man- MAN O-allow his wife pay fees why? what is he the head of the house for?

My dear,if my husband refuses for any reason to pay kids' fees or bills, then i'll pay,but he will not hear the last of it o. that is a promise. I have never found myself in that position,

but i pay fees for an aunty's kids in Nigeria whose husband has bluntly refused to live up to his responsibility;but when they say family head,he'll jump out like ogoro.

We all want the best for our kids,no matter what it takes.if it takes my holding two jobs,to give them world class education;where their father refuses(he wont even give it a thought), i will.  just like you said:if i had the oppurtuinities they have now,     but since i did not have it,i'm willing to struggle to give it to them. kiss

He he he he he he he! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  Don't worry my dear.  It will soon get to your turn!  Mine started with drawing lizards with feathers too! cheesy  My dear, term papers every school session.  Me tire sef! cheesy

I am sure your aunty's husband is a Nairaland member!!!! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  Make you check one of those "wet pussy" threads, you fit recognize am from one of the profiles!  The useless heads of the househole--that is where you will find most of them! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin Just imagine? You have to pay his kids fees? cry

Look, I am not interested in whatever he chooses to call himself.  That is his business!  All I want to know is that my children stay in school. Having worked so hard to make us proud--we only owe them the rewards they deserve.  It starts with the man--head of the house[b]hole!!!!! [/b] You think say na Nigeria we dey? shocked  There are some things you cannot do alone.  Once there is man involved, he has to be held to his responsibilities.  It is one thing if I am alone.  But where there is a man in the house.  That house will know no peace I swear! cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Head of the househole--make una comot for Nairaland go pay bills ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!  Make we children for go "SUKULUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!" cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by ifyalways(f): 5:38pm On Jan 31, 2008
@topic my hubby ofcos.
hes the head of the family.
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 12:40am On Feb 01, 2008
Both.

A married couple make joint decisions.
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by shapey(f): 9:13am On Feb 01, 2008
In my own case,my husband does that.However,there it's not such a big deal if i pay.
I've paid BT bills for like 3months in a row and i got a big thank you in all three case.So it does not really matter,as long as the bills get paid. wink
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by omoge(f): 3:40pm On Feb 01, 2008
Same to you o AJ grin. You really gave it to them ojare. Most (maybe all) Nigeria men own too much bo grin

head of the household, head of the househood, head of the househole is not only a deek job they should be told cheesy.
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by almondjoy(f): 2:14am On Feb 02, 2008
omoge:

Same to you o AJ grin. You really gave it to them ojare. Most (maybe all) Nigeria men own too much bo grin

head of the household, head of the househood, head of the househole is not only a[b] deek [/b] job they should be told cheesy.

Thanks love!  That is why I am here.

When it comes to head of the household na man get am.  When it comes to paying bills na "both"!

Say who die? cheesy grin cheesy grin cheesy grin  These mugus think some of us are slow as molasses.

You are the head of the household---you get out your stupid coconut looking deeks and pay all the damn bills! kiss
Re: Who Pays The Bills (husband Or Wife) by Nobody: 5:59pm On Feb 03, 2008
@post
both. . . .they're partners in the relationship, both can work , and both lives in the house. so maybe one can pay for the house, electricity, insurance, house maintenance ( water, garbage pickup. etc), while the other pays for the food, the car insurance, etc.

(1) (Reply)

Kids And Mastubation. / Boy, Girl 10 & 8 Caught Having S3x In Ajegunle / How Do You Cope With An Unmarried Sibling.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.