Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,986 members, 7,838,503 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs (20191 Views)

The Inner Streets Of Aba Are Becoming Relatively Neater_pics / Ikpeazu Begins Dredging Of Aba River (photos) - Igbere TV / 4 Weeks In Power : Ikpeazu Changing The Face Of Aba Roads_igberetv.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by ismhab(m): 8:33pm On Oct 31, 2012
IS ABA IN NIGERIA?
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Akan(m): 8:39pm On Oct 31, 2012
Kai see my neighbouring state. Na wao, no wonder they are flooding into Akwa Ibom in droves
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Edoblakky(m): 8:45pm On Oct 31, 2012
It is indeed lugubrious and heartrending to see that Aba is still like this after many years!
With this type of filth, Orji Uzo Kalu should be very ashamed to live let alone speak of having an Ibo President.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by PosCaricature: 8:48pm On Oct 31, 2012
mike404: This is an eye saw embarassed
Point of correction sir, it is "this is an eye- sore"
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by easyfem(m): 8:51pm On Oct 31, 2012
Tank GOD 4 ondo state govt º°˚˚˚°º0 , I never knew diz kind of tin still exit sha... Aba pple, sorry eh

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by tellwsdom: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2012

Anti-Gbagaun, come and correct this guy please angry angry
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by obicentlis: 9:00pm On Oct 31, 2012
This pics re even glorified to compare with the true state of Aba. Go to Osusu road, Obohia road, Omuma road, faults road, Ohanku road which is d hometown of d Minister of Labor, Emeka Nwogu, you will see that Aba is finished.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 31, 2012
Lets share this pics and broadcast this messages on the social media world. T.A Orji needs to be disgraced

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by 2million1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 31, 2012
Why don't u show us d better part of Aba?, u r only showing us d bad part, show us d good part too n let's compare it with some western state capital n c which is better
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by 2million1(m): 9:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
nanaboi: O & b4 I 4get, Lagos is an entire state o. Aba is a town. & even in the Lagos state, there are parts that are nearly as much an eyesore...maybe exactly as terrible...maybe worse
my broda abeg tell dem o...Aba is a city compare to sum part of ALMIGHTY Lagos
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nuezha(m): 9:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
"Eyesore"
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by chucky234(m): 9:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Never knew Aba is poorer than Haiti,what a disgusting place.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by seedord247(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
And they said they want biafra nation... grin

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by klax(m): 9:17pm On Oct 31, 2012
redsun:

No,Biafra would have ran on a different oourse, a course of common sense.Most of the presnet igbos,especilly the leaders are nigerians,they been orientated to see communities destructions as norms,so you are u,as a nigerian.

Bros I somehow agreed with as I followed you response to this thread but on this my bros I dont agree to it because there is no way those thiefs element will be removed from our midst. The state of things in our region in term of development is so terrible and this has be my cry for long that we should rather devote our anger to the present day govt of each state in the East that fails to perform well than ranting Biafra and go tribalism.

I asked this question some time ago that the elite among the Igbo who suppose to say this is where we stand and fight for the betterment of a common Igbo people are here in Abuja I see them everyday scrampling for contrcts and political appointment and I dont see where anything called Biafra will stand because only those remained Biafra fighters can not alone carry the load so it wont work rather lets focus on developing our region and move on.

I traveled to the East a few months ago after a longwhile but I was so ashamed and dissappointed with mess I saw everywhere as if there are no govt on the land dirt litters everywhere, bad roads, all sort of security problems, poor drainage as a mater of fact it was a big mess and now look at Aba of all place like a jungle and still some will still sit there talking about 1966 issue whereas some thiefs are there running the states down day and night and no one see those ones its so sad indeed.

3 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 9:29pm On Oct 31, 2012
Somebody should wake the governor up from slumber and fix Abia!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Iaz93: 9:41pm On Oct 31, 2012
wow...Tourist site
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by akintun: 9:52pm On Oct 31, 2012
All d cities in Nigeria are messed up.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by basher(m): 9:56pm On Oct 31, 2012
chucky234: Never knew Aba is poorer than Haiti,what a disgusting place.

No it's not. Yes there is lack of infrastructure and hardly any government presence there, but there are loads of millioniares doing business there and there are better looking parts than this. Heck, it's not even a state capital but there are loads of state capitals, including Lagos, with places like that in those pictures.

I tire for this nairaland and their pointless bias!!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by samkoro: 10:09pm On Oct 31, 2012
bittyend:

Next time, feign intelligence and read between the lines before you quote me.

The point I was trying to make is that, rather than whine and agitate for Biafra, this place is a prelude into what Biafra would look like because those running this state are Igbos.

I'm just trying to educate them about misplaced priority! undecided

Self deceit is ur second name.You sometimes think u ar a British woman in Burckingham palace.It is called dellusion;a psychiatric condition.As long as you are a Nigerian,u share the same shame from Mushin,Ajegunle,rusted zincs of Ibadan and Oshogbo,Akure,slums in east or north.So stop behaving like a senseless peacock.

2 Likes

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by VellyG(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2012
There are places like dis all over nigeria. In lagos if u haven't seen any yet go to Ejigbo and environ,Isolo, okeAfa,iyana-ejigbo,Ikotun then you will knw these ones are just childs play.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by dayokanu(m): 11:08pm On Oct 31, 2012
Na real wa oo
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by aljharem(m): 11:13pm On Oct 31, 2012
Self defence mechanism, always compare their cities with Lagos. LOL

why Not tackle the issue here rather than always bring Lagos into the lime light of aba's woes. angry

Yes most cities in Nigeria are in "similar" situation but I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PART OF LAGOS AS BAD AS THIS.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 11:46pm On Oct 31, 2012
Everyday people will post about bad roads in Aba. Is Aba the only city in Nigeria? Every city has its challenges but IMHO, aren't people living in Aba good enough to open their drainages and construct their own roads? Why wait for Government? Is it Government that generates filth and dump them indiscriminately? I am aware that in Port Harcourt there are worse places but I can never live in such place and allow people dump refuses and block drainages that's in my neighborhood. Aba is not the State capital so it will be difficult to be the choice area for beautification. People there don't love their city. Calabar is clean not because the Government is getting excess money like Akwaibom, but because people there take pride in the cleanliness of their city. Same goes to Owerri.

So Aba people stop crying wolf. Repaint those houses, clear your drainage and use waste bags in refuse disposal before shifting the blame to Government.

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Ikwerefistson: 11:58pm On Oct 31, 2012
bittyend: WTF is this?

And you guys still want Biafra lmao.

This is Biafra!! undecided
wat hs biafra got 2do wit d thread.aba is even beta dan ur state capital fool
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Abagworo(m): 12:12am On Nov 01, 2012
http://allafrica.com/stories/201210310638.html

The state government has said there was no going back on on its plans to demolish illegal structures in Aba.

According to the government, no less than 1800 illegal structures will be demolished in the commercial city.

Chief Press Secretary to the Governor, Ugochukwu Emezue, dismissed insinuations that the government had jettisoned the idea, saying structures marked for demolition were built on drainage channels.

He said the government would want to properly monitor the demolition to ensure unscrupulous elements did not take advantage of the exercise to get at their enemies.

Emezue said Aba was dear to the heart of Governor Orji, explaining that as the reason he wouldn't abandon the city.

He quoted the governor as desirous of leaving legacies in the state, including Aba, before leaving office in 2015.

He said the government was putting a machinery in motion to move into Aba and begin massive rehabilitation of roads and other people-oriented projects.

On the many awards given to the governor in recent times, Emezue defended them, saying the governor merited them and did not lobby for any.

So how many people could be living in 1800 houses in a slum? Could be up to 30,000.
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by informatix: 12:13am On Nov 01, 2012
[size=14pt]THIS IS A CHEAP ATTEMPT TO DRAG THE GOVERNOR OF ABIA STATE THEO. ORJI IN TO THE MUD FEW PICTURES ARE NOT ENOUGH TO DETERMINE WHAT IS GOING ON IN ABIA
STATE IN ALL STATES WE HAVE THESE KIND OF ROADS THEY TRY TO USE TO TO DETERMINE THE PERFORMANCE OF HIS ADMINISTRATION ORJI REMAINS THE ONLY GOVERNOR THAT PROMISE 100% COMPLETION OF ALL ONGOING PROJECTS BEFORE HE LEAVES OFFICE 2015. WE MUST ENCOURAGES OUR GOVERNORS KEEPING QUITE IS AN A SIGN OF UNDER PERFORMANCE HAVE YOU VISITED THE STATES OF MEDIA CHAMPION GOVERNORS LIKE BABANGIDA ALIYU NIGER STATE AND OSHIOMOLE'S EDO STATE?. I BELIEVE ABIA STATE IS BETTER THAN THOSE STATES. ENCOURAGEMENT IS WHAT MAKES ROCHAS WHAT HE IS TODAY NOT DISCOURAGEMENT.[/size]
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by bittyend(m): 12:14am On Nov 01, 2012
Ikwere fist son: wat hs biafra got 2do wit d thread.aba is even beta dan ur state capital fool

How can Aba be better than this:

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by collizo82: 12:36am On Nov 01, 2012
D areas shown on d above pics is even fine compared to real Aba dat I know

1 Like

Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by bushwailo: 1:23am On Nov 01, 2012
alj harem: Self defence mechanism, always compare their cities with Lagos. LOL

why Not tackle the issue here rather than always bring Lagos into the lime light of aba's woes. angry

Yes most cities in Nigeria are in "similar" situation but[b] I HAVE NOT SEEN ANY PART OF LAGOS AS BAD AS THIS.[/b]
My Guy you Lie !!!
You need to get around a little bit.
There are people sleeping with pigs in lagos !
There are rats as big as dogs in lagos !!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Nobody: 1:24am On Nov 01, 2012
I DON'T SEE ANYTHING ALARMING ABOUT THESE PICTURES, CONSIDERING THE FACT CANNIBALISTIC ANIMALS INHABIT THESE AREAS!!!
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by bushwailo: 1:25am On Nov 01, 2012
bushwailo:
My Guy you Lie !!!
You need to get around a little bit.
There are people sleeping with pigs in lagos !
There are rats as big as dogs in lagos !!
I even got chased by one
Re: Pictures Of Aba And Its Environs by Syenite(m): 1:27am On Nov 01, 2012
@ Poster, I wonder what the aim of this thread is? I know Aba very well and can tell that u just snapped pictures of one street at different positions which is quite obvious. Are u telling me that there are areas in Lagos that dont look like that street? Aba might not be the cleanest of cities in Nigeria but it is not as bad as u people paint it. Besides Aba is not a state capital. U cant compare Aba with other non capitals like Ijebu-Ode, Sagamu, Ogbomoso, Ore, Offa etc. Infact, wait till i visit Ibadan on my next trip there.Dirty houses, unplanned settlements with rusty roof tops.

Pictures of Ibadan below:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Breaking! Economic Activities Crippled In Anambra As Fuel Price Rise To ¥250 / 2019 Presidency: PDP To Drop Aspirants With Graft Cases - Daily Sun / Task Force To Arrest Motorists Defying New Rules As Lagos Re-Opens

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.