Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,830 members, 7,810,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:04 PM

Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees (15853 Views)

Soldiers Ambush Boko Haram Suicide Bomber, Kill More Terrorists In Borno. Photos / Soldiers Kill More Boko Haram Militants,Recover Weapons In Borno. Graphic Photos / Atiku Abubakar Reacts To Federal Government-boko Haram Ceasefire Agreement (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 8:15am On Nov 04, 2012
[center]Boko Haram ceasefire: It’s plot to kill more Igbo –Returnees

•Returnees recall horror tales •‘I saw family of 4 wiped out’
•‘I saw a pregnant woman disemboweled, her baby’s head cut off’
•‘I’ll never go back to the North’

The he recent ceasefire by the Boko Haram Islamic sect is nothing but a plot to kill more Igbos, according to a returnee. One of the returnees, who spoke with Sunday Sun, Mrs. Blessing Aniekwe, from Mbaitolu in Imo State, dismissed the possibility of returning to Kano, where she was living with her family before they were evacuated.

According to Mrs. Aniekwe, a widow and petty trader in one of the markets in Kano, the security of Ndigbo at a time became a very expensive thing as the hoodlums were going round different compounds, killing and maiming defenseless Ndigbo, including women and children, adding that nothing will ever make her return to the North. “It is only a person that did not witness what happened in Kano that can say he or she would return there because of a mere proposal of ceasefire. You don’t know these people, they hate Ndigbo a lot, it may be a plot to lure us back and finish us.”

Mrs. Aniekwe, who painted a picture of an Igbo family of four that was wiped out in a day by the Almajirais, who concealed a bomb in a cellophane bag and put it under the vehicle of the deceased who had prepared to leave Kano for the East, said she will not weep for any person killed in any part of the North by members of the Boko Haram. “If I tell you what I saw in Kano, I am sure it will spark off riot here in Onitsha, because at a time, we noticed that even your newspaper began to douse the tension because, if you paper had reported the whole thing as it happened, my brother, there will be no peace in Nigeria.

And you people have started again to ask if we are willing to go back there, anybody that wants to go is free to do so, but I will not cry for any Igbo killed in the North.” Also reacting, another returnee, Mrs. Pricilla Nekwa, also from Mbaitolu, Imo State, called on the Igbo leadership to help some women and children trapped in different parts of Kano and other parts of the North to come home instead of talking about going back. “When we heard about the free bus, many of us trooped out from different locations to board this luxury bus, but because of the number, it could not accommodate everybody at that time, even as I had to drop two of my children, but I later brought them home.

So, it is no longer an issue of returning to Kano.” Yet another returnee, Mrs. Elizabeth Echeta, said: “I am from Owerri, I lived at No. 2, Stadium Road, which is very close to Bombai, the place they threw the first bomb. I was sick on that day and remained indoors until I heard the sound of explosion and people living in the compound started running for help, but what they, Hausa people, did was to wait for anybody to come out and they slaughtered him. Many people were slaughtered that day. Even Almajirais, who loved to watch Ndigbo being killed, were also affected by that bomb.

“I have been living there for more than 20 years and I watched them slaughter a pregnant woman. They opened her womb, removed the baby and cut the baby’s head and killed the woman on the spot. So, my experience in Kano is that of horror and I don’t always like to recount it, please. I am like a useless person here, because I am stranded and confused and many of our people are still stranded in Kano. via DAILYSUN[/center]

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:32am On Nov 04, 2012
What are the IG, commissioners, President, gov etc doing about this security issue ? angry angry angry

The problem is that when an Igbo person gets to a place buys a land, he/she considers it as her own land but in reality it is a lease land. This is what makes people angry at Igbos. When you live in a place for 20 years and don't think it is necessary to become a full indigene without bring the Igbo culture to the new land, then you are seen as an invading alien rather than a settler in Nigeria context.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 8:35am On Nov 04, 2012
Hmmm! What a pathetic story.........am speechless!
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2012
cant grab your point..futher more
alj harem: What are the IG, commissioners, President, gov etc doing about this security issue ? angry angry angry

The problem is that when an Igbo person gets to a place buys a land, he/she considers it as her own land but in reality it is a lease land. This is what makes people angry at Igbos. When you live in a place for 20 years and don't think it is necessary to become a full indigene without bring the Igbo culture to the new land, then you are seen as an invading alien rather than a settler in Nigeria context.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:39am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: Hmmm! What a pathetic story.........am speechless!

well it is no longer pathetic because as Mrs. Aniekwe said, "Any Igbo person still in the north,but I will not cry for any Igbo killed in the North."

Yes silly igbo person that still want to live in the core north as a Christian without the consideration of Boko haram is an ideeiot.

FACT.

When Muslims too ain't safe, then I think it is du.mb for Christian Igbos to live there.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem:

The problem is that when an Igbo person gets to a place buys a land, he/she considers it as her own land but in reality it is a lease land. This is what makes people angry at Igbos.

how do you mean bros? How is it a leased land? A land you bought with your money now becomes a leased land? Abeg make you explain.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:45am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: cant grab your point..futher more

My point is that

1. We do not have a government or any form of security in this nation to protect the lifes of her citizens

2. Important* Looking to why Igbos make themselves the annoying people of a region. This reason lies in the fact that when an Igbo man buys a landed property, he sees it as his own castle and every thing money can solve. In reality the indigenes of the region see it as a leased property to be returned to them in future years. This was the problem South-southerners have with Igbos.

My suggestion is for an smart Igbo man to go back to the east, invest there and live there with his family with occasions when he stays in Abuja and or buys properties in Lagos if he so wishes. Lagos and Abuja are the only places in Nigeria outside your region, you can be grantee your landed property would NEVER be a taken from you by miscreates

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 8:46am On Nov 04, 2012
come to think of it,so igbo's have been banned from a part of Nigeria which they claim is one?
its not fair oo.
maybe tomorrow,Yoruba's will start theirs and we still hover around calling ourselves Nigerians where as we have been
literally and politically deprived of the nationality.
alj harem:

well it is no longer pathetic because as Mrs. Aniekwe said, "Any Igbo person still in the north,but I will not cry for any Igbo killed in the North."

Yes silly igbo person that still want to live in the core north as a Christian without the consideration of Boko haram is an ideeiot.

FACT.

When Muslims too ain't safe, then I think it is du.mb for Christian Igbos to live there.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 8:50am On Nov 04, 2012
WRONG.
I quote,
any land purchased with your own money,signed and well documented with certificate of ownership,bro,America cannot temper that land
without your consent.and if you decide to leave the land for them,a huge recompense must be paid to you.
do you know what it means to have a C of O of a land?
alj harem:

My point is that

1. We do not have a government or any form of security in this nation to protect the lifes of her citizens

2. Important* Looking to why Igbos make themselves the annoying people of a region. This reason lies in the fact that when an Igbo man buys a landed property, he sees it as his own castle and every thing money can solve. In reality the indigenes of the region see it as a leased property to be returned to them in future years. This was the problem South-southerners have with Igbos.

My suggestion is for an smart Igbo man to go back to the east, invest there and live there with his family with occasions when he stays in Abuja and or buys properties in Lagos if he so wishes. Lagos and Abuja are the only places in Nigeria outside your region, you can be grantee your landed property would NEVER be a taken from you by miscreates

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:52am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: how do you mean bros? How is it a leased land? A land you bought with your money now becomes a leased land? Abeg make you explain.

You see your idealogy ? Ok for example, if I go to the USA and buy a landed property. Would I say if the people of the USA are killing Nigerians that they cannot trespass my property because I bought it with MY OWN MONEY ? Or do I consider my property/house as my safe haven ? CERTAINLY NOT !

It is the same that is occurring in Nigeria. An Ikwerre (Indigene) would sell land to you in port harcourt at a very high price, then other indigenes do not like the idea of you having their ancestral land. You as a person are not ready to sell it for a low price or give it up. Animosity starts in the heart of the indigenes. It gets to a breaking point the indigenes plan on how to get their land back.

It occurs everywhere in the world.

evidence

Jews and Nazi

Isreal and Gaza

White farmers and Zimbabweans

etc

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:54am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: come to think of it,so igbo's have been banned from a part of Nigeria which they claim is one?
its not fair oo.
maybe tomorrow,Yoruba's will start theirs and we still hover around calling ourselves Nigerians where as we have been
literally and politically deprived of the nationality.

Certainly it is only not fair but very inhuman but that is how the world works especially if their land is valued.

Yorubas would NOT AND NEVER DO THAT TO THE IGBOS and you know it. Rather they would work around it.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2012
That is a good development afterall Zik and Balewa were good pals.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 8:56am On Nov 04, 2012
So all of our People wey do use our money go buy property for S. Africa,Dubai London nko?
Abi our people no dey wear shokoto and buba for oyinbo man country?
Why be say when Ibo man wear Ibo dress for Kano- Na invitation to kill am?
So why did we think it was unfair when South Africans begin Kill Nigerians. WEtin the world call am: Xenophobia.
The level of thinking in tis country sef. na wa o

6 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 8:59am On Nov 04, 2012
GotNoBrainsYo: So all of our People wey do use our money go buy property for S. Africa,Dubai London nko?
So why did we think it was unfair when South Africans begin Kill Nigerians. WEtin the world call am: Xenophobia.

Nice username. ..methinkthesesdimwitsreallygotnobrainatall. cool
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 8:59am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: WRONG.
I quote,
any land purchased with your own money,signed and well documented with certificate of ownership,bro,America cannot temper that land
without your consent.and if you decide to leave the land for them,a huge recompense must be paid to you.
do you know what it means to have a C of O of a land?

LMAO !!!

1. America has the land mass to accommodate more people. Texas which is a state out of 52 is the size of the whole Nigeria the most populated country in Africa

2. Even at that, YOU CANNOT BUY LAND IN CERTAIN AREAS OF TEXAS because you are black and not a white american indigene. The treatment they would give you alone, you would have no choice but to sell the house and look for a more friendly place to live in. Same with UK. China, Malaysia etc are even worse

So tell me, if developed countries with highly educated population can do this, what is stopping Nigerian that are even less educated and multi-ethnic ?

4 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 9:01am On Nov 04, 2012
dont say that..
its their land tho...Igbo's cannot react to it why because,they hardly retaliate and before they retaliate,
it must have gone worst.
...secondly,we are not so united and loves our biz and investments more than anything.
if Igbos can stop this much quest for money and be united,i bet you westerners cannot compete us in anything.quote me right
alj harem:

Certainly it is only not fair but very inhuman but that is how the world works especially if their land is valued.

Yorubas would NOT AND NEVER DO THAT TO THE IGBOS and you know it. Rather they would work around it.

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem:

My point is that

so are you gonna blame the igbos who buy these lands or the people who sells it to them? Is there anything wrong if I decide to buy land outside my state? Is there a law prohibiting non indigenes from buying lands where they reside?

3 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 9:03am On Nov 04, 2012
E be like say.. e get some questions when we nefer settle for this country.
And e be like say e go lead to another waR. This new war go confirm to the rest of the modern world say africa na real bush.
I can only imagine the atrocities. Choppping of limbs, cutting tongues, disemboweling pregnant women, rape, torture, starvation/scorched earth.
This would be worse than Rwanda and Sierra Lone and Liberia combined. In fact na African World war 1. Our civilization just dey start.
The black man will eradicate the black man from the earth.
Na real wa!
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 9:06am On Nov 04, 2012
you can ask that again..they even deserve honor from the government
for playing a part in development of the country..
berem: so are you gonna blame the igbos who buy these lands or the people who sells it to them? Is there anything wrong if I decide to buy land outside my state? Is there a law prohibiting non indigenes from buying lands where they reside?
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 9:08am On Nov 04, 2012
it will not come to pass.
rather we go for peace.
GotNoBrainsYo: E be like say.. e get some questions when we nefer settle for this country.
And e be like say e go lead to another waR. This new war go confirm to the rest of the modern world say africa na real bush.
I can only imagine the atrocities. Choppping of limbs, cutting tongues, disemboweling pregnant women, rape, torture, starvation/scorched earth.
This would be worse than Rwanda and Sierra Lone and Liberia combined. In fact na African World war 1. Our civilization just dey start.
Na real wa!
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:11am On Nov 04, 2012
GotNoBrainsYo: So all of our People wey do use our money go buy property for S. Africa,Dubai London nko?

Because our people are du.mb and have no foresight

GotNoBrainsYo:

An do those people wear buba and shokoto everywhere ? Do they use it when they are buying and selling ?

Even at that, is it not the same "du.mb our people" that scream racism, they hate us etc

why would they not hate you

GotNoBrainsYo:

No you do not get my point, my point is that after spending 20 years in a place, you behave like an indigene and NOT MAINTAINING THE VILLAGE MENTALITY.

GotNoBrainsYo:

I never thought it was unfair, afterall they did not beg una to go S.A. The only reason I was a bit towards the Nigerian side was because Nigeria fought for South Afrian.

It is the same mentality that has not made Nigeria buy properties in huge numbers in Germany, Brazil, Pakistan, India etc
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:13am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: dont say that..
its their land tho...Igbo's cannot react to it why because,they hardly retaliate and before they retaliate,
it must have gone worst.
...secondly,we are not so united and loves our biz and investments more than anything.
if Igbos can stop this much quest for money and be united,i bet you westerners cannot compete us in anything.quote me right
But westerners are not in any competition with us. They are just using us.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:15am On Nov 04, 2012
berem: so are you gonna blame the igbos who buy these lands or the people who sells it to them? Is there anything wrong if I decide to buy land outside my state? Is there a law prohibiting non indigenes from buying lands where they reside?

No I am not blaming Igbos for it, I agreed with eduson that it is unfair and inhuman but my sister I would not deceive you it is what it is ANY WHERE IN THE WORLD.

People inculding Igbos don't like when aliens come to their land acquire lots of properties and bring more people in. People don't like it does not mean it is Igbos fault. It is just like that

1 Like

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2012
GotNoBrainsYo: E be like say.. e get some questions when we nefer settle for this country.
Na real wa!

It would not happen in Nigeria so stop dreaming. Nigerians are too busy looting to worry about that.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2012
not us..mind your statement.
they use our political leaders so that they can suppress us never to compete with them.
alj harem:
But westerners are not in any competition with us. They are just using us.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:17am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: it will not come to pass.
rather we go for peace.

Yes o !
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:20am On Nov 04, 2012
eduson55: not us..mind your statement.
they use our political leaders so that they can suppress us never to compete with them.

Yes but how do you tend to change the case ?

Let me remind you that African even within the same FAMILY don't love themselves to a point of selfless acts.

My brother, the only solution I think would bring Nigeria to the limelight (Not africa) is if Nigerian Leader both Local and international STOP LOOTING AND DO THE BASIC things to be done eg electricity then watch Nigeria private sector grow.
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by Nobody: 9:22am On Nov 04, 2012
Na real wa!
is this not exactly what made Ojukwu to start a seccession? Is this not exactly what happened in 1966? Even the press is so scared of publishing such stories for the fear of a reprisal attack in the east.if such barbaric act is still going on in the country and our leaders tend to keep mute about the brutal killings of ndi igbo,then I hope the igbos in the east won't be blamed if they start their own killings.

2 Likes

Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by GotNoBrainsYo: 9:23am On Nov 04, 2012
alj harem:

Because our people are du.mb and have no foresight

An do those people wear buba and shokoto everywhere ? Do they use it when they are buying and selling ?

Even at that, is it not the same "du.mb our people" that scream racism, they hate us etc

why would they not hate you

No you do not get my point, my point is that after spending 20 years in a place, you behave like an indigene and NOT MAINTAINING THE VILLAGE MENTALITY.

I never thought it was unfair, afterall they did not beg una to go S.A. The only reason I was a bit towards the Nigerian side was because Nigeria fought for South Afrian.

It is the same mentality that has not made Nigeria buy properties in huge numbers in Germany, Brazil, Pakistan, India etc

I gotNoBrains, YOu most definitely GotNONbrains
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by malele(m): 9:24am On Nov 04, 2012
Seriously I don't know how else to talk to my igbo brodas.
How can we go outside ur house and feel comfortable in someone else house with the current structure on ground in 9ja.
Go to north , southwest (lekki) you see them building all sort of mansion while dey have nothing at home.
Seriously we have to start thinking o
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by aljharem(m): 9:28am On Nov 04, 2012
GotNoBrainsYo:

I gotNoBrains, YOu most definitely Got[b]NON[/b]brains

Ok sir. It is always better to let people liek you do what your heart pleases so you don't blame people. I wish you a safe journey to borno smiley even when indigenes are travelling to Abuja and co you an Igbo Christian from nowhere would go there. Good luck sai sannu smiley
Re: Boko Haram Ceasefire: It’s Plot To Kill More Igbo –returnees by eduson55(m): 9:31am On Nov 04, 2012
they cant until a french revolution is held..
execution of those barons and grandfathers is th only solution.
alj harem:

Yes but how do you tend to change the case ?

Let me remind you that African even within the same FAMILY don't love themselves to a point of selfless acts.

My brother, the only solution I think would bring Nigeria to the limelight (Not africa) is if Nigerian Leader both Local and international STOP LOOTING AND DO THE BASIC things to be done eg electricity then watch Nigeria private sector grow.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Live Updates From The Launch Of #ChangeBeginsWithMe Campaign / PDP’s Alliance With Other Parties Can’t Defeat APC – Balarabe Musa / President Buhari Presides Over National Security Meeting (PHOTOS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.