Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,840 members, 7,820,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m (14458 Views)

Lagos State Library Old Secretariat Ikeja Non Functional Computer Systems / RRS Police Deploys Surveillance Drones To Monitor Crime In Lagos (Photos) / Jimi Agbaje Drones Monitor Lagos Elections – Rare Footage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Born2beRich1(m): 10:37am On Nov 05, 2012
Why we dey buy drones especially the one were no dey function?...If israel no fit repair am, say na our government go fit do am.....Nonsense..... angry
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Babaken(m): 10:38am On Nov 05, 2012
bigx: non functional abi they cant operate them
. Pls ask them well.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by IleIfe2(m): 10:44am On Nov 05, 2012
Democratic Administration AKA (Do as you like), no fear of consequence. There is nobody in the present government that can scare corrupt government officials.

Honestly this is not a country. We should all just agree on 100% resource control, so land owners can enjoy proceeds from natural resource found on their land,then pay heavy tax to the federal government.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by niddamugu(m): 10:46am On Nov 05, 2012
what do we need drones for...? undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Aksally(m): 10:48am On Nov 05, 2012
ledafaze:

So Drones has turned into Blackberry that all babes must have abi? Why cant the Nigerian Govt send some first class students to Iran, Isreal, USA and Russia to study, learn and develop this things instead of falling into one useless scam again... We that we are the baba of all scammers... they are now scamming us in our own land...

By the way.... why buy drones from Israel

Even if they must buy form Israel, cant they Google for http://www.elbitsystems.com ?
I laff for Nigeria oh

First Class candidates? From which schools in Nigeria? Some road side auto machanic engineers of about 15-25 years of age NOT experience are far better than MOST Msc holders in the field.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Rick9(m): 10:49am On Nov 05, 2012
GOODLUCK EBELE JONATHAN: MY people dont worry i will look into it. I will set up a committee to. Access the situation.
Ah Oga please do fast oh. But when Nigeria start to dey use drone. Abi them think say drones na small pikin machine. Ahahahahaha oga do fast
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by chinedum13(m): 10:50am On Nov 05, 2012
dridowu: Good morni 9ja pple.
B-)
wetin concern me with drones:-/
Am not interested in topic that will not benefit d common man
guy if it does not concern you now believe me it fill concern you later
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Nobody: 10:51am On Nov 05, 2012
_
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Ozonna(m): 10:51am On Nov 05, 2012
Frank-C:
Do not be deceived. This looks more like business scramble to me. I don't know about the cost of military hardwares but just like every other thing, you won't expect the country to buy a hardware at a price quoted by the manaufacturers unless they sign a contract directly with the coy which also have its pros and cons. Maybe, just maybe, this Hassan guy is losing too much business to his Isreali competitor.
There is a standard procurement procedure and there is what is called Acceptance Test. There is also many components to some procurements like trainings, logistics support, etc. Military contracts are handled carefully.
And on non-functional drones in Benin, does this guy really know what he is talking about? Where is the control center for those drones? Who are the trained professionals at the military to manage them. These are valid question and trust me, you will never get answers because that is just the nature of the military. Even FOI bill can't help you here.
Finally, Isreali drones are one of the most advanced of UAVs available today. It is one thing to procure them. It is entirely another thing to operate them.

+1000 likes

I'm sure u'r not far from the truth.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by pato405(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2012
this country is always pretending to be confused even at the expense of their own security and safety. Hassan claims to be crying out loud as a patriotic nigerian also makes him sound like a clown because he is indirectly telling nigerians that his cohorts are aware of this shame but they are not speaking up perhaps because they are profiting from it. these kinda saga only leaves one wondering why nigerians will alwayz chose to mortgage their lives for a pot of porridge. angry. once bribery is involved, anything goes. even a rickety helicopter can be bought for billions in the name of a drone.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Kslib(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2012
Hahha!! We neva chop bellefun,na drone we wan buy....
Our roads are death traps..we can not even boast of common good roads,na drone we wan buy...
We dont have effective drainages that can tackle future flooding,na drone we wan buy....
We cannot boast of common ordinary 15hours of constant electricity,na drone we wan buy...
We cannot manufacture common keke na pep,na drone we wan buy...
We are not even on the world map technology wise.. We dont even know the logic a common calculator works on,and yet we want to buy drones..
Our educational system is a joke,infact it's an insult.. A computer engineering/science student cannot operate computer,and yet we wan buy drone... Wait oh,abeg who wan dey operate the drone.. So we go buy drone from oyinbo finish,den we go still con pay the oyinbo to help us dey operate am? Chai,abeg i wan die.. Make person con kill me ohhh... Haba
A poor man cannot drink common Garr! without soaking it in water for 2days to increase the volume,and yet we wan buy drone....
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by mejai(m): 10:52am On Nov 05, 2012
Let's assume d drones r working, Pls wat happens wen des drones r on a mission and nepa/phcn takes light off? Ordinary airport we neva manage am na toy we go get tym? Abeg gofment make una do road and oda amenities for us.

1 Like

Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by jude33084(m): 10:54am On Nov 05, 2012
B-)

...And yet common men are always at the receiving side of crimes and terrror attacks which drones(UAV) can reduce undecided
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by RickyRoss1(m): 10:56am On Nov 05, 2012
I am happy that this Hassan is bringing this up so we will know.
But I suspect he is angry he didn't win the contracts, he sounds jealous or envious. If he was awarded the contracts he wouldn't be here ranting. If you check or probe him he must have done some similar deals...
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by jude33084(m): 11:00am On Nov 05, 2012
free2ryhme: who are they(Nigeria) spying on dat they wan to use drones

A spy satelite is different from drones. You can use drones for alot of things like for example; a rober or kidnaper on a getaway car cannot out run a drone, aŋԂ the most important thing there is that they wont even know that they are being followed wink
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Nobody: 11:01am On Nov 05, 2012
1. It might be functional, but we can't operate it.
2. So it wasn't checked properly b4 being purchased for $240m??
3. Are these purchases properly approved by the senate?
4. Is it that the government don't know how to invest the nation's resources on Nigeria and its citizens??
5. So muuuchhh money in this country, yet....
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by misterh(m): 11:01am On Nov 05, 2012
Since this petitioner claims this Israeli has entrenched himself on Nig's political landscape, it'll take d govt a lot of willpower to investigate. But will they?
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by begwong: 11:02am On Nov 05, 2012
B-)
u mean,as in the price of garri?
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by chinedum13(m): 11:04am On Nov 05, 2012
topics like this one makes me mad something how could the government rubbish $240million on mere scammers meanwhile her subjects are starving to death
God help us.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by vislabraye(m): 11:06am On Nov 05, 2012
Visionless leaders. Why must they go through an agent to purchase it?
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by priestman: 11:09am On Nov 05, 2012
B-)
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Okijajuju1(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2012
Bloody Jesus Killing Jews... But wetin we dey carry drone do sef..
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Uziehot(m): 11:13am On Nov 05, 2012
D patronage of fairly used is even more high in d gov't systen
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by jkross(m): 11:16am On Nov 05, 2012
WTF are they buying drones for when we have witches and wizards..why don't they invest in these blood sucking demons and plz can that bros get a piece of the cake so he can shut his mouff patriotic Nigerian my nyash...yeye cowtry
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by damicus: 11:16am On Nov 05, 2012
cryI can bet it with any body that the reason why the drones are not working is because the nigerian experts that are suppose to operate them does not know how to go about it!
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Okijajuju1(m): 11:17am On Nov 05, 2012
vislabraye: Visionless leaders. Why must they go through an agent to purchase it?

Because thats the way its done.. The problem is that the contractors were fraudulent and sold us a lemon..

Even in America, there are people known as 'DEFENSE CONTRACTORS'.. Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumann, Boeing, Raytheon, Dynacorp, Honeywell, Boeing, e.t.c are all American Top defense contractors..
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by nagoma(m): 11:23am On Nov 05, 2012
B-)

So duping Nigeria of collosal sums of money for fake products does not affect the common man? You must be one of the most ignorant on NL.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by jkross(m): 11:24am On Nov 05, 2012
grin[quote author=Okija_juju]

Because thats the way its done.. The problem is that the contractors were fraudulent and sold us a lemon..

Even in America, there are people known as 'DEFENSE CONTRACTORS'.. Lockheed Martin, Northrop Grumann, Boeing, Raytheon, Dynacorp, Honeywell, Boeing, e.t.c are all American Top defense contractors..
[/q ;Duote] so HONEYWELL Ω̴̩̩̩̥ά Defence Contractor for America..kon come here D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ do pasta for us abi
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Okijajuju1(m): 11:26am On Nov 05, 2012
jkross: grin

I no sure say na the same Honeywell o!!
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by dridowu: 11:31am On Nov 05, 2012
nagoma:

So duping Nigeria of collosal sums of money for fake products does not affect the common man? You must be one of the most ignorant on NL.
all d bad ones we have been hearing as dat have positive changes in ur life ? Can u pls define ignorant ?
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Lordave: 11:33am On Nov 05, 2012
hahahahahahaaahahahahahaha! Israel just close eye finish Nigeria.
Re: Isreal Sold Non-Functional Drones To Nigeria For $240m by Nobody: 11:34am On Nov 05, 2012
Investigate well and you will find out that Nigerian govt. officials knew quite well the condition of those drones. It's all about amassing as much loot from the govt as possible. we haven't forgotten haliburton and seimens so soon, have we?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

FG Urged To Stop Paying Niger-Delta Governors 13% Derivation / Police To Investigate Wike Over Audio Tape / Igbo Leaders To Buhari: We Won’t Be Deceived With 2023 Igbo Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.