Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,815 members, 7,820,876 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:15 AM

If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? (11350 Views)

Can I Get Married With This Income In Abeokuta, Ogun State? / When Is A Man Old Enough To Marry? / Life At 30 When You're Not Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by cyril83(m): 11:53am On Nov 07, 2012
azpekuliar: Why is Seun not married? angry
who go marry poor man?
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by movmentish(m): 12:00pm On Nov 07, 2012
To be single must mean to be lonely but far lonelier are those who fear being alone
In order to argue for the single person, it seems i must criticise the couple; the culture that
coerces us into marriage, the religions, the familial pressures, the songs, the movies,
the game shows, the gossip, the unavoidable,inescapable pressure to marry. Freud has it that we become ill if we do not marry,and songs tell us we must succumb to a marriage that- bonding us - will devastate us too. How kind is such a life? Isn't it a little punitive? Perhaps I'm too honest to be married. Perhaps i cannot tell another person: "I love only you. And I will love you forever."It's quite difficult to tell someone the more truthful: "I love you, you know, for now."..........
In other news,I'm smoking grade A igbo,and I'm never gon get married
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by movmentish(m): 12:02pm On Nov 07, 2012
To be single and not ready for marriage must mean to be lonely but far lonelier are those who fear being alone so much that they get married just to escape their lonliness In order to argue for the single person, it seems i must criticise the couple; the culture that coerces us into marriage, the religions, the familial pressures, the songs, the movies, the game shows, the gossip, the unavoidable,inescapable pressure to marry. Freud has it that we become ill if we do not marry,and songs tell us we must succumb to a marriage that- bonding us - will devastate us too. How kind is such a life? Isn't it a little punitive? Perhaps I'm too honest to be married. Perhaps i cannot tell another person: "I love only you. And I will love you forever."It's quite difficult to tell someone the more truthful: "I love you, you know, for now."..........
In other news,I'm smoking grade A igbo,and I'm never gon get married
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Lalaska(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
Getting married is not a function of how old you are? But factors such as maturity (spiritual, emotional, psychological etc), compatibility, basic infrastructure is as a decent job, where to live etc should be in place before you marry
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by mascot87(m): 12:07pm On Nov 07, 2012
gwas:
You go reach Galilee
Na lie,dem full ground for naija like bar beach water grin
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Ishilove: 12:13pm On Nov 07, 2012
Czar-Chris:
To make tins clear, 1st of all i don't believe in love.
I was once just ok, then i sudden became broke, come see where girls the run for their life. Am 1000times now better than before, now i don't even need to talk much the dough talks for me. So am still kinda searching. Most girls in Nigeria are just too shallow
See one 'em Nairaland millionaires...
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Jay5000(m): 12:19pm On Nov 07, 2012
So age is now the reason for getting married? Smh sad
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by kaydibs(f): 12:20pm On Nov 07, 2012
eduson55: [size=38pt]because its not by force[/size] grin
Gbam!
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Bigboy100: 12:24pm On Nov 07, 2012
''He who finds a wife has found a good thing'' but also note that ''good things don't come easy'' and that's just the plain reason, cos after playing around most men wanna settle down with a good wife but find it hard doing so,because nowadays BB n Mr. Biggs girls abound and such girls don't make good wives cos they can't stay when things go awry for you.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by goofie: 12:30pm On Nov 07, 2012
fyogi007: [color=#770077][/color]Some men a scared of making the biggest mistake of there life,if a man meets the rite woman,I don't think there is some1 that would tell him to go ahead and marry her,cos love can never be unsure,when a man is taking time to marry you,know his love for you his unsure,that's if his having every or let's say fully ready for marriage

by comas, i mean serious baggage that i cannot deal with.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nobody: 12:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
megxo: breakfast........garri (no sugar)

lunch............mountain dew n agege bread

dinner...........akamu n akara

N E GOES ON ROUND D CIRCLE.

HU GO MARRY ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

buhahahahahahahahahshaahahaha grin grin grin grin

na condition make cray fish bend oooo grin grin
Chrismas day... Eba + Fish head grin grin ;

wahala dey ooooo grin
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by mob82: 12:32pm On Nov 07, 2012
I can write a whole book on that.

It is well though.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by benz33(m): 12:44pm On Nov 07, 2012
Because there is nobody and i dont mind getting the right person. I am a young man in my early 30s, a Business and Industrious person. This say it all about my personality....

I AM A GAOL GETTER, A PACE SETTER, AN OPTIMIST, MY PERSONALITY MAKE THINGS HAPPEN, NO BARRIER, NO STUMBLING BLOCK, BUT POSSIBILITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

I am Ambitious and powerful. Born leader. Stubborn nature. I always stand out in the crowd. I love to live the good life. Romantic at heart. Deep thinker. Loyal to friends. Ever ready to learn and try out new things. Serious about life. Like to make others happy. Not too introvert, not too extrovert. Smart and well dressed.call me if u think we can..08037224118, seyi4ben@yahoo.com, fellow..NL its nt funny hope u know..anything can happen any where.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Nkemika(f): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
cyril83: Na condition make cray fish bend na....bros u for no start dis kind thread for wia jobless and singles men and women dey,dem too full nairaland forum ehn

who tell u say everyone here dey jobeless eh, some just come here for information as well as ease boredom at work
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by benz33(m): 12:45pm On Nov 07, 2012
Male
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Goldwine1(f): 12:53pm On Nov 07, 2012
Czar-Chris:
Am not looking for love, am looking for a friend, a companion, a confidant, an advicer, a lady that can contribute meaningfully to my dreams, goals and target(most ladies are intimidated by me, i don't know why) i need someone that can look me in the face and tell me am wrong when my ego has taken over. But the sad thing is that our ladies are for the highest bidder. I was once just ok, then i sudden became broke, come see where girls the run for their life. Am 1000times now better than before, now i don't even need to talk much the dough talks for me. So am still kinda searching. Most girls in Nigeria are just too shallow
Czar-Chris:
Am not looking for love, am looking for a friend, a companion, a confidant, an advicer, a lady that can contribute meaningfully to my dreams, goals and target(most ladies are intimidated by me, i don't know why) i need someone that can look me in the face and tell me am wrong when my ego has taken over. But the sad thing is that our ladies are for the highest bidder. I was once just ok, then i sudden became broke, come see where girls the run for their life. Am 1000times now better than before, now i don't even need to talk much the dough talks for me. So am still kinda searching. Most girls in Nigeria are just too shallow
Czar-Chris:
: HMMMM: THE IRONY OF LIFE
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by CzarChris(m): 1:11pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ishilove:
See one 'em Nairaland millionaires...
Emmm swerry, of all the things I posted, this is the part you understood abi? undecided Talk about being shallow. Well anything that helps you sleep better at night.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Ishilove: 1:33pm On Nov 07, 2012
benz33: Because there is nobody and i dont mind getting the right person. I am a young man in my early 30s, a Business and Industrious person. This say it all about my personality....

I AM A GAOL GETTER, A PACE SETTER, AN OPTIMIST, MY PERSONALITY MAKE THINGS HAPPEN, NO BARRIER, NO STUMBLING BLOCK, BUT POSSIBILITIES AND ACCOMPLISHMENTS.

I am Ambitious and powerful. Born leader. Stubborn nature. I always stand out in the crowd. I love to live the good life. Romantic at heart. Deep thinker. Loyal to friends. Ever ready to learn and try out new things. Serious about life. Like to make others happy. Not too introvert, not too extrovert. Smart and well dressed.call me if u think we can..08037224118, seyi4ben@yahoo.com, fellow..NL its nt funny hope u know..anything can happen any where.
Omo see advertisement. cheesy

Oya ladies what are u waiting for? grin

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by clemz85(m): 1:34pm On Nov 07, 2012
am i doing her favor or what shud i do?

i gat a clear view dat she luvs me. but i dun beliv in so calld luv, she meks thins dull 4me,
i'm not apparently hapi wit her, i see's her contrary to my kinda person. but come if, how com we'v lastd almost 2yrs now?
ok, i've told her 1on1 providn clear reasons y we hv 2 opt out, she accepts but cudnt.

now i am afraid to hurt her so i tekz her call, while havin gud number of new friends to her notice
but she does nt care, i pretendd cheatn on her but she remaind unshaked, i once became harsh 2 her, she conqered it,
even my new friend hu dearlly lyk me stil intercedes 4 her
whatz goin on? how can i end it
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Ishilove: 1:35pm On Nov 07, 2012
Czar-Chris:

Emmm swerry, of all the things I posted, this is the part you understood abi? undecided Talk about being shallow. Well anything that helps you sleep better at night.
No sweery, I perfectly understood everything you posted. Its your braggadocio that jumped out at me.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by snthesis(m): 1:52pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ishilove:
Omo see advertisement. cheesy

Oya ladies what are u waiting for? grin
u don call am shey tongue

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by CzarChris(m): 1:54pm On Nov 07, 2012
Ishilove:
No sweery, I perfectly understood everything you posted. Its your braggadocio that jumped out at me.
well hon, I ain't bragging, i just wanted to sight a personally experience on the attitude of Nigerian girl towards dudes by assessing their financial capability. Sorry if i touched a sensitive topic that hits you wrongly.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by odumdesmond: 2:01pm On Nov 07, 2012
The society we live in has succeeded in forcing everyone believe that marriage is compulsory and that failure to get married is a sure measure of failure and irresponsibility!!!! Mothers cry for their daughters to marry and threaten sons to marry or never see her again!!! Families go at any length to pressure you to spend your life with a person whether good or bad, all they care is about themselves and not whether you will be happy married or better off single. Being single is not a curse, being single is wholeness, it is completeness, you are not bothered by meeting a ranting and nagging wife everyday back home, there is no drunken husband to disgrace you with night fight, no child to worry about! It just you and your God in pursuit of happiness. If not societal pressure believe me, more than 60% of people that are married today would be happily single, indeed more than 60% of married people are just keeping the union for the sake of the kids! I am not saying that marriage is bad, but why rush into it to come and join the over 60 % of married people who are secretly wishing they never married!!! Society should let the youth be, families should realise that one can be just as happy or even happier unmarried that to be fettered under the yoke of today's marriage. To be single is not sign of irresponsibility or failure, it is just that not everybody was naturally created to cope with the demands of marriage!!!
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by ImpactWorld(m): 2:04pm On Nov 07, 2012
Yea, its been on my mind...
But I am yet to meet that one person...
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by Ndoz(m): 2:05pm On Nov 07, 2012
Waitin for the right one
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by EzePromoe: 2:22pm On Nov 07, 2012
Czar-Chris:

well hon, I ain't bragging, i just wanted to sight a personally experience on the attitude of Nigerian girl towards dudes by assessing their financial capability. Sorry if i touched a sensitive topic that hits you wrongly.

You get luck say you no finish am, you for don sell one plot of land now grin Na joke o.
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by aribisala0(m): 2:27pm On Nov 07, 2012
If you are old enough to die why are you not dead??
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by EzePromoe: 2:29pm On Nov 07, 2012
Czar-Chris:

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by obimind(m): 2:31pm On Nov 07, 2012
Olumogun: To be honest, I asked a young man this same question early this year, his reply shocked me:
THERE IS NO NEED GETTING MARRIED AGAIN BECAUSE ALL I COULD HAVE WISH FOR IN MARRIAGE I ALREADY HAVE
EVEN IN MULTIPLE:- Children (2 boys and a girl), women (3 regular at service), punny (whenever or wherever I want it).
SO WHAT ELSE?
Cld dis be 4 real?
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by imarena(f): 2:36pm On Nov 07, 2012
Guys are scared of commitment. I nid a man!
Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by obimind(m): 2:42pm On Nov 07, 2012
benz33: Because there is nobody and i dont mind getting the right person. I am a young man in my early 30s, a Business and Industrious person. This say it all about my personality....

Jst hav hope. Ur miracle is on the way. U never can tell. It can start from dis topic. I luv the way u described urself.

1 Like

Re: If Your Are Old Enough To Get Married, Why Are You Not Married? by timpaker(m): 2:44pm On Nov 07, 2012

Oya ladies send ur CVs now while offer last (may I remind you that it is "first come first serve"wink. Goodluck!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Halle Berry - Diva Or Harridan? / Letting Your 4-Year-Old Son Live As A Girl... / There's This Room In My House That Makes My Skin Crawl, What Could Be The Cause?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.