Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,070 members, 7,818,196 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Lessons From The Us Election - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lessons From The Us Election (4208 Views)

Pictures : Lessons From Libya Before And After! / Nigerian Political Parties At War Over US Election / US Election: Result So Far From Ondo,kano,enugu. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply)

Re: Lessons From The Us Election by ada711: 12:38pm On Nov 07, 2012
American election can not be compared with what happens here in the name of election. Mitt Romney immediately conceded and congratulated President Barack Obama because the election reflects the TRUE wishes of American people. There was no thuggery or ballot stuffing / snatching and bare faced killing of the innocent that is the hallmark of elections here. In America, political leaders are selfless and public opinion is critical. For example when Hurrican Sandy ravaged some parts of America, political leaders including President Barack Oboma rose up to salvage the situation and provide succour for victims. In Nigeria with the flood raved many parts, how many notable poitical leaders came out? Yet Rivers and Akwa Ibom States Governors are busy using public money to acquire private jets in the face telling hardship among the citizenry.
Re: Lessons From The Us Election by web2X: 12:56pm On Nov 07, 2012
yemstok: If USA was Nigeria, today's headlines would read:

· Don't celebrate yet, Romney tells Obama (TELL magazine)
[b]
· Concede defeat, Obama urges Romney (Punch newspaper)

· 20 opposition cadres riot (The Sun newspaper)

· Romney Demands Vote Recount (Vanguard newspaper)

· Elections rigged (Guardian newspaper)

· No evidence of manipulation (NTA news)

· The Church declares elections free and fair (News Line)

· There will be violence if we lose; Romney declares (LTV 8 news)

· Election results for Arizona awaited (Channels news)

· Trucks with suspected ballot papers crosses into USA from Mexico (Tribune newspaper)

· Romney is an opportunist - Go back to your farm (AIT news)

· I will not accept results, Romney tells Obama (STV news)

· McCain heads to Election Petition Tribunal (MITV)

· White Majority rejects results (PM News)

· Kenyan Big Boy Senator Obama Throws Lavish Party to celebrate Election Victory (City People)

· Free for all fight at Obama rally in Grant Park (Channels TV)

· Northern elders, Arewa and Sultan rejects results (ThisDay)

· Republicans and Democrats supporters clash in Ketu and Ajangbadi, 14 dead, Romney threatens more heads will roll

· The people behind Obama's victory: True story uncovered... Newswatch[/b]

LWKMD ...... MITV seems to be the most dumb.
Re: Lessons From The Us Election by Dede1(m): 6:15pm On Nov 07, 2012
Tunjman: 1. PATRIOTISM: All Americans in front of the white house held/waved the American flag as soon as the result was announced. A guy displayed
placard with the inscription 'America is working'...The Nigerian flag would have been exchanged for either bunch of brooms or umbrella here and the inscription 'America is working' would have been 'Goodluck Shamed his enemies'

2.SPORTSMANSHIP: Mitt Romney never waited for 24 hours before accepting defeat and congratulating Barack Obama neither did the republican party declare 'observing the outcome of the election before taking possible action'...Here, the loser would have gone to the tribunal before the result is declared and even when court uphold the election of the winner, no congratulatory message will be sent across.

3.RESPONSIBLE MEDIA: Throughout the election period, US based CNN, the BBC, Aljazeera, Fox News and all other notable media around the world were all pre-occupied reporting situation across America...Our Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) would rather televise the osun oshogbo festival or the Argungu fishing festival.

Let me tell something about the good issues you have raised with the above post. I have serious socio-political issues with liberal-leaning individuals and particularly Democratic Party. If this election had gone Mitt Romney’s way, the so-called democrats would have rushed to the courts challenging certain results based on “racism”, denial of voters to cast their votes because of improper ID, minorities and “Blacks” were not allowed to vote in certain counties and slew of unfounded craps.

I distaste Democratic Party in USA because they remind me what I hated most out of Africans. Even before the election, the Senate members of Democratic Party had talked about not working with Mitt Romney if he wins the election.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Left APGA –obi / 13,000 Teachers Appointment Will Be Reversed - Nyesom Wike / I Tell People That Lagos Will Be A Village If Non-indigene Are Not In Lagos-jimi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.