Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,910 members, 7,817,683 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:12 PM

Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe (8014 Views)

S/West PDP Leaders Ask Jonathan For Speaker’s Post / Fashola Ask Jonathan To Withdraw Troops From Lagos Streets – Full Speech / Northern Political Leaders Ask Jonathan To Resign (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 7:22pm On Nov 08, 2012
Frank-C:

I don't do insults on a faceless public forum. I see it as a sign of weakness. If i have problem, I take it headlong. I did not also put this up make you agree with me. It is my opinion and I am very much on ground to know that it is true.

Lagos you say? Tell me what in Lagos is not Federal government presence. From 3rd mainland bridge to the Apapa port to majority of the infrastructure on the Island. Wait, let the good governance tour get to Lagos, that is if ACN propaganda machine will allow it.I just advice that you don't swallow what Lagos press is feeding you with. Mitt Romney learnt the hard way that Fox News and their likes are not always right.

I advice that you travel out of Lagos and SW to know that this country is far bigger than island and mainland. Follow the good governance tour with an open mind and come up with an independent appraisal of government. That guy up there just listed things that affect him and for which he cast his vote and he is 100% accurate. It is your responsibility to point out why you voted who, measure their performance against those very yardstick. That is what that guy has done. Prove him wrong if you can. Many people like him are presently observing the ongoing gang up. Just like the last election where GEJ lost election to Buhari on Nairaland but won on the field, the same will happen again in 2015 if he decides to run, especially now that people have something close to them to point to and he has accumulated enormous victim outlook by the virtue of Boko Haram and the present National Assembly aggression. Nigerians that vote are watching and they are in the majority.

So now Channels and newspapers are not to be trusted, Internet sources as well should be discounted but the man Frank-C has no agenda.
Maybe u speak the truth but I need facts and figures. I have posted earlier on this thread my need for indices of growth.
When boko haram strikes we have figures supported by pictures. Same way it would be nice to have something that says before Jonathan there were x number of unemployed people but now it's x-y..
Please if you people come to this forum to take Nigeria back to the dark Abacha days of which all Nigerian youth were purpoted to be yearning for his transformtion to a civilian president but funny these same youth threw parties upon hearing of his demise it would be most unfortunate.
It is not only premature but ridiculous for anyone to be clamouring for Jonathan's return when there are no meaningful dividends but Phantom achievements.
As an Ijaw man I would love to see my kinsman succeed but I just can't say with any honesty that Jonathan is doing well. Please if you are one of his Paid Internet goons tell him people are very disappointed in his leadership and they have no intention of voting him unless he proves himself worthy.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 7:59pm On Nov 08, 2012
Lol. So u now speak for 160m Nigerians! You must be a a paid internet goon - paid by the so called opposition. Take it back to your paymasters that you are not intelligent enough to speak for 160m Nigerians. Let them talk by themselves - Nigeria is not one cheap forum where you abrogate the right of 160m people and use such words as we - us - as if they appointed you to speak for them.

You cant in all honesty see what he has done or is doing, but when they attempt to point a few to you - you call it fallacy - how honest.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 8:09pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri: Lol. So u now speak for 160m Nigerians! You must be a apaid internet goon - paid bthe so called opposition. Take it back to your paymasters that you are not intelligent enough to speak for 160m Nigerians. Let them talk by themselves - Nigeria is not one cheap forum where you abrogate the right of 160m people and use such words as we - us - as if they appointed you to speak for them.y
My brother stop beating around the bush. Provide the indices: manufacturing comapnies are experiencing an increase in their production, x number of homes without pipe-borne water now have access. Things of the sort.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 8:11pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:
My brother stop beating around the bush. Provide the indices: manufacturing comapnies are experiencing an increase in their production, x number of homes without pipe-borne water now have access. Things of the sort.

I wish you luck in your search for indices as you allow me to beat around the bush.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 8:13pm On Nov 08, 2012
werepeLeri:

I wish you luck in your search for indices as you allow me to beat around the bush.
And so I rest my case.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by werepeLeri: 8:14pm On Nov 08, 2012
rusher14:
And so I rest my case.

Why? Keep it open, maybe someone will come up with indices.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by hillsate: 9:29pm On Nov 08, 2012
buhak: PLEASE, LET US SAY GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS COUNTRY PLEASE

You want us to lie be that.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by hillsate: 9:37pm On Nov 08, 2012
Okupe, you are gradually unfolding the real reason you were engaged by GEJ.

For your information, Nigerians are only enduring GEJ. The only Nigerians that will beg GEJ to continue beyond 2015 are the ones he has begged with money.

Nigeria is way way beyond the scope of GEJ.
Nigeria cannot endure GEJ beyond 2015.

1 Like

Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by Nobody: 12:51am On Nov 09, 2012
rusher14:
So now Channels and newspapers are not to be trusted, Internet sources as well should be discounted but the man Frank-C has no agenda.
Maybe u speak the truth but I need facts and figures. I have posted earlier on this thread my need for indices of growth.
When boko haram strikes we have figures supported by pictures. Same way it would be nice to have something that says before Jonathan there were x number of unemployed people but now it's x-y..
Please if you people come to this forum to take Nigeria back to the dark Abacha days of which all Nigerian youth were purpoted to be yearning for his transformtion to a civilian president but funny these same youth threw parties upon hearing of his demise it would be most unfortunate.
It is not only premature but ridiculous for anyone to be clamouring for Jonathan's return when there are no meaningful dividends but Phantom achievements.
As an Ijaw man I would love to see my kinsman succeed but I just can't say with any honesty that Jonathan is doing well. Please if you are one of his Paid Internet goons tell him people are very disappointed in his leadership and they have no intention of voting him unless he proves himself worthy.
I hate to reply DIE HARD critics because somehow they dont seem to reason with their head. Do you expect Jonathan to solve all of Nigeria's problem in 2 or 3yrs or somehow you'r just being mischievous because your preferred candidate failed at the 2011 elections? I hate to think you'r paid to oppose everything Jonathan online because if i'm wrong it becomes a blackmail. But this is exactly what Jonathan's DIE HARD critics do daily- label anyone who writes in favour of the govt a paid commenter hoping to silence every opposing view. But the truth can never be silenced. The truth is that Nigeria's problems can never be solved in 2 or 4yrs. Some of the problems Jonathan inherited will take 4 or more years to be solved or for progress to be obvious if we want to be realistic. THE NIGERIAN SOLUTION WILL COME IN STAGES, no magic wand. The propaganda by some persons like you that except everything gets better, Jonathan is not working cannot be right. Certainly everything cannot get better at the same time. Moreover, if Jonathan's predecessors had delivered even 25% of what he is currently doing, certainly Jonathan wont have inherited a ROTTEN country. Where were your likes when this country was run aground? The glaring TRUTH is that progress is being here and there. Lets just list some progress that is being made-
1) sanity in the political process and free and fair elections. Seek ye first the kingdom of free and fair elections and all other things shall be added unto you. Debates, performance in office, etc are now issues during elections.
2) our airports are no longer the same. So much reconstruction is either completed or ongoing. This implies good times for air travellers and better image for the country.
3) port reforms have reduced time for clearing of goods from over 39days to less than 2wks. This will facilitate trade and commerce which will in turn lead to more jobs.
3) trains are gradually coming back. The plan is to gradually restore the old light guage while construction of fast standard guage goes on. The restored trains will provide subsidized transport services for the very poor and boost trade and commerce along those corridors.
4) creation of 9 new federal universities. These 9 new universities, a part from creating access to higher education for residents of the states where they are located also provide JOB opportunities for many more people- academic and non-academic staff
5) construction of Almajiri schools in the north- will boost access to basic education and provide employment opportunity for mallams
6) dredging of inland rivers and restoration of inland ports- again this will boost trade and commerce and create jobs
7) massive re-construction of the roads
cool power sector reforms and privatisation. Like it or not, reforms and privatisation of PHCN is the only path to sustainable improvement in power supply and this govt is almost seeing it thru.
9) polio eradication- the federal govt in collaboration with the states have set out plans to eradicate polio by 2015.
10) fiscal policies- foreign reserve is rising, naira is stable, sovereign wealth fund, increasing excess crude account, recent upgrade by S & P rating, reduced recurrent aspect of the budget by about 5% in 2yrs, etc
11) YOUWIN, agricultural revolution plans and other job creation ventures. Etc, etc. However, this does not imply that the govt has done all things right but I believe that they have done more things right and if they are areas in which not much has been done, like fighting corruption, we can specify those areas and discuss them. But dont forget that corruption has been with us since Independence and was the main reason for the Nzeogwu led coup.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by rusher14: 3:25am On Nov 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:
I hate to reply DIE HARD critics because somehow they dont seem to reason with their head. Do you expect Jonathan to solve all of Nigeria's problem in 2 or 3yrs or somehow you'r just being mischievous because your preferred candidate failed at the 2011 elections? I hate to think you'r paid to oppose everything Jonathan online because if i'm wrong it becomes a blackmail. But this is exactly what Jonathan's DIE HARD critics do daily- label anyone who writes in favour of the govt a paid commenter hoping to silence every opposing view. But the truth can never be silenced. The truth is that Nigeria's problems can never be solved in 2 or 4yrs. Some of the problems Jonathan inherited will take 4 or more years to be solved or for progress to be obvious if we want to be realistic. THE NIGERIAN SOLUTION WILL COME IN STAGES, no magic wand. The propaganda by some persons like you that except everything gets better, Jonathan is not working cannot be right. Certainly everything cannot get better at the same time. Moreover, if Jonathan's predecessors had delivered even 25% of what he is currently doing, certainly Jonathan wont have inherited a ROTTEN country. Where were your likes when this country was run aground? The glaring TRUTH is that progress is being here and there. Lets just list some progress that is being made-
1) sanity in the political process and free and fair elections. Seek ye first the kingdom of free and fair elections and all other things shall be added unto you. Debates, performance in office, etc are now issues during elections.
2) our airports are no longer the same. So much reconstruction is either completed or ongoing. This implies good times for air travellers and better image for the country.
3) port reforms have reduced time for clearing of goods from over 39days to less than 2wks. This will facilitate trade and commerce which will in turn lead to more jobs.
3) trains are gradually coming back. The plan is to gradually restore the old light guage while construction of fast standard guage goes on. The restored trains will provide subsidized transport services for the very poor and boost trade and commerce along those corridors.
4) creation of 9 new federal universities. These 9 new universities, a part from creating access to higher education for residents of the states where they are located also provide JOB opportunities for many more people- academic and non-academic staff
5) construction of Almajiri schools in the north- will boost access to basic education and provide employment opportunity for mallams
6) dredging of inland rivers and restoration of inland ports- again this will boost trade and commerce and create jobs
cool power sector reforms and privatisation. Like it or not, reforms and privatisation of PHCN is the only path to sustainable improvement in power supply and this govt is almost seeing it thru.
9) polio eradication- the federal govt in collaboration with the states have set out plans to eradicate polio by 2015.
10) fiscal policies- foreign reserve is rising, naira is stable, sovereign wealth fund, increasing excess crude account, recent upgrade by S & P rating, reduced recurrent aspect of the budget by about 5% in 2yrs, etc
11) YOUWIN, agricultural revolution plans and other job creation ventures. Etc, etc. However, this does not imply that the govt has done all things right but I believe that they have done more things right and if they are areas in which not much has been done, like fighting corruption, we can specify those areas and discuss them. But dont forget that corruption has been with us since Independence and was the main reason for the Nzeogwu led coup.
I'm sorry but what I have just read are a series of intangibles.
Look, nobody expects a miracle but all what you have spouted as progress are either too inane, unverifiable or completely untrue.
You speak about the airport, which one may I ask? Definitely not MMA here in Lagos. The busiest of the lot and the window to the rest of the world.
University creation, that's an act of executive fiat it's like declaring a holiday. It might have some sentimental meaning to some but hardly something to consider as progress considering that our problem has never reallly been the presence or absence of universities but the quality therein. The universities are meant to be research centres brimming with activities. The laboratories are meant to be top notch. Equipped with networked computers, modem facilities capable of attracting the best brains. Saying 6 new unis have been created when what we had were hardly better than glorified secondary schools smacks of misplaced priorities.
Almajiri schools, maybe they truly are beneficial but you and I know we would not find a single Almajiri child to verify the effectiveness of such a novelty idea for years to come. If however a single Almajiri actually becomes educated from the exercise I guess we can calll it a success. But for now it can only be considered an idea and not a success.
Please realise that democracy as we know it here in Nigeria is over 13 years old with Jonathan being in the presidency for close to 6 of those years so it's a bit mischievous to make it seem like all other governments b4 him were total failures and he is the messiah who has only just come.
A die-hard critic you call me but I think all I ask are what every citizen of this country desires and deserves. Nobody is expecting Nigeria to start launching inter-galactic rockets but we expect the basic things of life.
Again, I say there are indices for measuring the effectiveness of a government (GDP, life expectancy, literacy levels, productivity indices) . If these can be produced showing positive markups then of course Jonathan can seek a second term but as long as the indices are still negative then he should consider it unwise to seek my mandate.
Please do not respond to this contribution if all you would end up saying are things even the likes of IBB's government said during their time (mamser, ompadec, state creation and the likes).
Provide the indices and you definitely have my vote.
Thank you.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by anulaxad(m): 8:54am On Nov 09, 2012
Sincere 9gerian:

i think you lot forgot about me now you might not care but let me say i am a successful economist and i have seen what you might not every seen Nigeria has the best laws you can find dating back to the British period they are just not enforced if they were good luck will in prison by now.Nigeria can develop itself and it nieghbouring in a year with the amount of money that comes in and can solve its problems very quickly example the arab world no more to it.
Re: Why Nigerians ‘ll Ask Jonathan To Run In 2015 – Okupe by banki(m): 6:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
mr sincere nigerian, If your truly sincere with yourself you would know that your a liar and a cheap fraud

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Bayelsa Government To Convert Government House To Six-star Hotel / [pictured] People Take Photos Of A Woman In A Revealing See-through Dress / List Of World Oil Rich Countries Facing Recession Now

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.