Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,448 members, 7,816,038 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:14 AM

Are You Happy With Your Name? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Are You Happy With Your Name? (10592 Views)

My In - Laws Are Not Happy With Me. / I'm Not Happy With My Hubby / Can You Really Be Happy With The Same Person forever? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 3:22pm On Nov 09, 2012
Why won't I be happy with my name? Which name sounds better than MADARIOLA ORIYOMI BOLADALE,I am proud of my name,I don't want another name,not even an alias.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by abiL2: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
What if I'm not? undecided
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Etumgbe(m): 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
My name na George but I prefer people to call me Bushy

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Closetoheart: 3:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Yes I love my name...Closetoheart grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by candieangel12(f): 3:26pm On Nov 09, 2012
dvdon: By the way this thread requires you all to mention your real names let us be the judge not you.

My first name is Nadiyah-Jay
My middle name is Aria
My last name is igbo...
But most people just call me Jay
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by africanrapper: 3:30pm On Nov 09, 2012
You guys should not be complaining at all. My Parents gave me one outdated, Bible name - MOSES. Although my native name (Uche) is not what many people know me by, I think I prefer it.

Although many people know me by MOSES, I prefer Uche.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by MissyB3(f): 3:31pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love my name to bits . . .Very uncommon and it excites curiosity. Thanks Papi! kiss
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by DonaldGenes(m): 3:35pm On Nov 09, 2012
baby_123:
I love all of them. Even though they prefer to call me a name that is not my first name on my birth certificate, because it was not common. The name stuck and is now my first name. All my names are beautiful. cheesy
iro ni
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by ubong560(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Definitely, am
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by ubong560(m): 3:41pm On Nov 09, 2012
Definitely, i am.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Lordave: 3:42pm On Nov 09, 2012
My English name is Oluwagbotemi and my native name is David, I love them both. grin
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by tasandra: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
My name means,GOD GIVE ME HAPPYNESS kiss
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by yalwaysme1: 3:43pm On Nov 09, 2012
I like my native name, becos it means my God is good
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Lordave: 3:44pm On Nov 09, 2012
africanrapper: You guys should not be complaining at all. My Parents gave me one outdated, Bible name - MOSES. Although my native name (Uche) is not what many people know me by, I think I prefer it.

Although many people know me by MOSES, I prefer Uche.
I don die wit laughter. @Moses outdated name
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Chanchit: 3:49pm On Nov 09, 2012
I dnt have any english name, I even refused to have one during my baptism..
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by dridowu: 3:51pm On Nov 09, 2012
I LOVE MY NAME IDOWU grin, I HATE IT WHEN I SEE SOMEONE BEARING FOREIGN NAME lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
otokx: As a Nigerian, there is nothing to be proud of in an English name, proudly Niger Delta, give it up to the beautiful nationalities of Ikwerre, Isoko, Itsekiri and Urhobo in no particular order.

Sounds like you're a brother of mine. cool
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by nekaa(f): 3:52pm On Nov 09, 2012
With the igbo name Nneka? yes I like it( its now Neka or Nekaa). With the yoruba name? yes I love that one buh with my English name? No... I dont like it, I hate it....its juss recently I learnt to spell it self.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by kpozite(m): 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
I have 3 native names I like it that way but atimes people find it difficult pronouncing them. I ended up adopting my surname as my Frist name because it is easier to pronounce no regrets though because I hate them English names.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 3:55pm On Nov 09, 2012
nekaa: With the igbo name Nneka? yes I like it( its now Neka or Nekaa). With the yoruba name? yes I love that one buh with my English name? No... I dont like it, I hate it....its juss recently I learnt to spell it self.

Mother is supreme, huh? wink
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
We're all working on the assumption that any non-native name is an English name. Which is incorrect. My first name is not a native one, but it's not English either!
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by candieangel12(f): 4:00pm On Nov 09, 2012
If I cud give myself an igbo name I wud chose Adaure, I think the name is rlly elegant
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:01pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love my name, Anwuli. Its beautiful, and has followed me all my life! Deliberately left out my English name on all my certs. Old Armenian word for 'natural'.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Nov 09, 2012
mollytinrox: I love my name, Anwuli. Its beautiful, and has followed me all my life! Deliberately left out my English name on all my certs. Old Armenian word for 'natural'.

Exactly what I'm saying. How can your Armenian first name be an English one?
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Jarus(m): 4:08pm On Nov 09, 2012
Happy with both my Yoruba and Islamic names.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Goldieluks: 4:09pm On Nov 09, 2012
I love both my native and english names.
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Venchy: 4:15pm On Nov 09, 2012
I'm sure there people on this NL that spells their names in a different way and I wonder WHY?

Chinese, Srilanka, India, even an English man will not change or spell his or her name wrongly let alone changing.

Bro & Sis, be yourself, whatever will be will be.

My name is ISMAILA but I'll prefer the last alphabet A to be taken off because it's an Arab name and it's spells wrongly and it should be ISMAIL.

I LOVE THE NAME AND THE WAY IT'S BEEN SPELT IN NIGERIA BECAUSE IT REFLECT WHERE I COME FROM.

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:23pm On Nov 09, 2012
Venchy: I'm sure there people on this NL that spells their names in a different way and I wonder WHY?

My name is ISMAILA but I'll prefer the last alphabet A to be taken off because it's an Arab name and it's spells wrongly and it should be ISMAIL.

From what you've posted above, it sounds like you're also guilty of what you accuse others of.

1 Like

Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
I like mine, jst dat I dnt lyk it when ppl call me as if we were quarelling
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by Nobody: 4:24pm On Nov 09, 2012
I like mine, jst dat I dnt lyk it when ppl call me as if we were quarelling... Jst cal my name wif *swags*
Re: Are You Happy With Your Name? by etenyong(m): 4:28pm On Nov 09, 2012
I don't hav english name & very much proud of my native name UBONGABASI meaning God's glory. Also my wife & chidren all bears native calabar names. Proudly naija.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Finding It Difficult Managing N80k Salary In Lagos With Family.what Shall I Do? / My Side Of The Story - Siena’s Ex-wife / Please Help Me, What Do I Do To An Ungrateful Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.