Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,955 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:04 PM

Undeniable Facts About Marriage - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Undeniable Facts About Marriage (20068 Views)

Words From A Mother To Her Daughter About Marriage / We Just Met $ She's Talking About Marriage / Great Thoughts By Great Men About Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Dapwajok(m): 6:49pm On Jan 23, 2013
According to baba Fela: Suffering and smilling.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by God2man(m): 7:39pm On Jan 23, 2013
kemi_oo77: 1. Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence (a life sentence).
2. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind.
3. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor's Degree and the woman gets her masters.
4. Marriage is a three-ring circus:
engagement ring, wedding ring and suffeRING.
5. Married life is full of excitement and
frustration: In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBOUR listens.
6. Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that instead.
7. There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married. A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.
8. A happy marriage is a matter of giving
and taking; the husband gives and the wife takes.
9. Son: How much does it cost to get
married, Dad? Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it.
10. Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in
ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her. Father: That happens everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!
11. Love is one long sweet dream, and
marriage is the alarm clock.
12. They say that when a man holds a
woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defense.
13. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
14. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through HELL.
16. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
17. Eighty percent of married men cheat in America, the rest cheat in Europe.
18. After marriage, husband and wife
become two sides of a coin. They just can't face each other, but they still stay together.
19. Marriage is when man and a woman
becomes one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
20. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After the marriage the "Y" becomes silent.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by God2man(m): 7:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
galadee: Marriage is a school where you get the certificate before u start.

A school where you will never graduate.

A school without a break or a free period.

A school where no one is allowed to drop out.

A school which you will have to attend every day of your life.

A school where there is no sick leave or holidays.

A school founded by the Almighty:
1.On the foundation of love,
2.The walls made of trust,
3.The door made of acceptance,
4.The windows made of understanding.
5.The furniture made of blessings.
6.The roof made of faith.

Before you forget, you are just a student not the principal. The Almighty is the principal.

Even at times of a storm, don't be unwise and run outside.

Remember this school is the safest place to be.

Never go to sleep before completing your assignments for the day.

Never forget the C-word, communicate, communicate, communicate with your classmate and with the Principal.

If you find something in your classmate (spouse) that you do not appreciate, remember your classmate is also just a student not a graduate. The Almighty is not finished with him/her yet, so take it as a challenge and work on it together.

Do not forget to study, study, study the Noble Book (the main textbook in this school).

Start each day with a sacred assembly and end it the same way.

Sometimes you will feel like not attending class, yet you have to.

When tempted to quit find the courage and continue.

Some tests and exams may be tough but remember the Principal knows how much you can bear.

Still, it is one of the best schools on earth; joy, peace and happiness accompany each lesson of the day.

Different subjects are offered in this school, yet love is the major subject.

After all the years of being theoretical about it, now you have a chance to practice it.

To be loved is a good thing, but to love is the greatest privilege of them all.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by God2man(m): 8:00pm On Jan 23, 2013
Coldfeet: ALL NA BIG LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You get want you want in anything or anywhere you find yourself! You can say a million and one negative things about marriage and the one you married and I will tell you just one thing that surpasses all of them! THE FEAR OF GOD!! Have it and you are good to go! I always prophesy and speak positively into the life of my husband and my marriage no matter how tough or rough it gets!! And positivity is all I get!!! Na my two legs I use waka enter! Na my two eyes I shine enter am! Na my big mouth I use say "I DO" nobody force me o! If you believe the op pls kindly remain single and stop whining!

@coldfeet, you are right but the op has made a great contribution on some undenial facts about marriage. I don't want to believe that all these facts are true for every marriage.

God bless you.

God2man.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by GEJPFOOD: 8:14pm On Jan 23, 2013
Coldfeet:
ALL NA BIG LIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You get want you want in anything or anywhere you find yourself! You can say a million and one negative things about marriage and the one you married and I will tell you just one thing that surpasses all of them! THE FEAR OF GOD!! Have it and you are good to go! I always prophesy and speak positively into the life of my husband and my marriage no matter how tough or rough it gets!! And positivity is all I get!!! Na my two legs I use waka enter! Na my two eyes I shine enter am! Na my big mouth I use say "I DO" nobody force me o! If you believe the op pls kindly remain single and stop whining!
Why the user name coldfeet? because the user name we use means wat we have pass or passing through in life or watever. Why not use something that signify wat u just say here! Did u develope coldfeet in steping into marriage? I don't believe u till u change this user name.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by equily(m): 8:19pm On Jan 23, 2013
is nt his biz if u blv or nt,,,,,,,,d point is dat he has stated it clearly,,,,,,,take it or liv it..............nt an insult
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by djay1: 8:24pm On Jan 23, 2013
Can't stop laughing at thesame time tinking the piece is sensable
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by summyvic: 8:40pm On Jan 23, 2013
Anytime u see a man opening d door of his car for his wife, is either d car is new or d wife is new.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by HIV1: 9:16pm On Jan 23, 2013
The woman Ikebe is always moving up and down as she walks. One side is saying [/color]IF I KNOW KILL YOU the other side is saying [color=#990000] I GO WRECK YOU grin
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by HIV1: 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2013
The woman Ikebe is always moving up and down as she walks. One side is saying IF I NO KILL YOU the other side is saying I GO WRECK YOU grin
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by oludayomi(f): 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2013

Before you forget, you are just a student not the principal. The Almighty is the principal.

Never forget the C-word, communicate, communicate, communicate with your classmate and with the Principal.

If you find something in your classmate (spouse) that you do not appreciate, remember your classmate is also just a student not a graduate. The Almighty is not finished with him/her yet, so take it as a challenge and work on it together.

Do not forget to study, study, study the Noble Book (the main textbook in this school).

Some tests and exams may be tough but remember the Principal knows how much you can bear.

Still, it is one of the best schools on earth; joy, peace and happiness accompany each lesson of the day.

After all the years of being theoretical about it, now you have a chance to practice it.

nice one. Marriage it å school Ɣφΰ neva graduate 4rm although Ɣφΰ av ΰя̩̥̊ cretificate rite 4rm the onset.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by MicroBox: 10:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
why the post no go be lie. Na una be the wahala for the marriage na(women).
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by totorimi: 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2013
If you marry someone you dont know very well as in internet or social media arrangee, you will die of frustration and heart attack, take is from me
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by VirginFinder: 11:08pm On Jan 23, 2013
But then the other option - staying single isn't good enough except you want to be celibate.

Marriage can never be difficult for someone like me who attended a hardcore boarding house.

I can live with anybody provided I don't get molested physically.

I am looking forward to getting married without necessarily having any high hopes or expectation. I am expecting the best at the same time preparing for the worst. No surprises or disappointments!

Its just a phase of life.Its time to pass it once and for all.

Lets just do this!

ish!!

1 Like

Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Moralistli(m): 11:15pm On Jan 23, 2013
Marriage is the only institution you are being served certificate before tests/exams--Another fact!
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Sagamite(m): 5:10am On Jan 24, 2013
kemi_oo77:
1. Marriage is not a word. It's a sentence (a life sentence).
2. Marriage is love. Love is blind. Therefore marriage is an institution for the blind.
3. Marriage is an institution in which a man loses his Bachelor's Degree and the woman gets her masters.
4. Marriage is a three-ring circus: engagement ring, wedding ring and suffeRING.
5. Married life is full of excitement and frustration: In the first year of marriage, the man speaks and the woman listens. In the second year, the woman speaks and the man listens.In the third year, they both speak and the NEIGHBOUR listens.
6. Getting married is very much like going to a restaurant with friends. You order what you want, and when you see what the other person has, you wish you had ordered that instead.
7. There was this man who muttered a few words in the church and found himself married. A year later he muttered something in his sleep and found himself divorced.
8. A happy marriage is a matter of giving and taking; the husband gives and the wife takes.
9. Son: How much does it cost to get married, Dad? Father: I don't know son, I'm still paying for it.
10. Son: Is it true Dad? I heard that in ancient China, a man doesn't know his wife until he marries her. Father: That happens everywhere, son, EVERYWHERE!
11. Love is one long sweet dream, and marriage is the alarm clock.
12. They say that when a man holds a woman's hand before marriage, it is love; after marriage it is self-defense.
13. When a newly married man looks happy, we know why. But when a 10-year married man looks happy, we wonder why.
14. There was this lover who said that he would go through hell for her. They got married, and now he is going through HELL.
16. When a man steals your wife, there is no better revenge than to let him keep her.
17. Eighty percent of married men cheat in America, the rest cheat in Europe.
18. After marriage, husband and wife become two sides of a coin. They just can't face each other, but they still stay together.
19. Marriage is when man and a woman becomes one. The trouble starts when they try to decide which one.
20. Before marriage, a man yearns for the woman he loves. After the marriage the "Y" becomes silent.

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Moralistli: Marriage is the only institution you are being served certificate before tests/exams--Another fact!
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by FlyboyZee: 6:41am On Jan 24, 2013
Whats wrong with y'all?
Didn't you catch the joke? Its intended to make you laugh and do a rethink and examine your marriage.
Anyways, it got me smiling and laughing. The truths in it are subtle yet funny.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by adaphic: 6:58am On Jan 24, 2013
@ galadee may God bless u n ur marriage for being positive about marriage.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by timro(f): 7:45am On Jan 24, 2013
THE OLDER I GET, THE MORE SCARED I AM OF MARRIAGE
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by dejodriod(f): 7:47am On Jan 24, 2013

tell them
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by MRMICKMEN: 7:52am On Jan 24, 2013
HIV1: Marriage is sweet, that is why I 'll marry four wives as allowed in my religion. Everybody say Allahu Akbar cool

but now u are HIV+
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by MissOpe(f): 8:06am On Jan 24, 2013
Who says Marriage is A Life sentence...what about those who divorce eachother?
I do not subscribe to that nonsense belief..dat it's a Life sentence...
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Cweetie(f): 8:14am On Jan 24, 2013
Jonwesley: I'm surprised this post was done by a female, as a woman thinketh in her heart, so is she.
It surprised me too
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by 5much(m): 8:53am On Jan 24, 2013
Interesting. Op ur points ar ok but note dat wen both parties ar committed nd God is involved, d marriage wl remain unshakable.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by smartg(m): 8:59am On Jan 24, 2013
Is marriage all about bitterness, what is the sweet part of marriage?.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by nwachineke00: 9:16am On Jan 24, 2013
Crap, crap and more crap... Pls guys grow up! Be responsible and stop making excuses

1 Like

Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Sagamite(m): 9:46am On Jan 24, 2013
nwachineke00: Crap, crap and more crap... Pls guys grow up! Be responsible and stop making excuses

Responisible for what?

They should pay your rent?
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Sagamite(m): 9:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Miss Ope: Who says Marriage is A Life sentence...what about those who divorce eachother?
I do not subscribe to that nonsense belief..dat it's a Life sentence...

The got a legal reprieve from the life sentence but they still wasted years in jail though before regaining their freedom.

This still makes it still sound all very miserable.

The summary: Work, study, pray and don't quit even when you feel like quiting and you will be happy as it is a great privilege to give. undecided

Sounds like a North Korean government's press release to the suffering, malnourished population.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Chongaiman: 9:54am On Jan 24, 2013
Sagamite:

Responisible for what?

They should pay your rent?
There goes the sociopath with itchy fingers itching for an e-fight. Must you always exhibit your belligerence?
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by andyzoga: 9:56am On Jan 24, 2013
Hmmm...another funky way of expressing frustration in marriage. . . Mtsheew
For me, my grandparents were successful in it, my parents are still successful in it and am now 3yrs old in it, never had a better last year.
Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by Sagamite(m): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2013
Chongaiman:
There goes the sociopath with itchy fingers itching for an e-fight. Must you always exhibit your belligerence?

Sounds like a humiliated, aggrieved person animal of the untrained Nigerian-raaping troops following me in anger for humiliating him. grin

Professionals? grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Undeniable Facts About Marriage by youngdee168(m): 10:00am On Jan 24, 2013

I love this writeup nice one.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Budget Wedding. N900k For 350 Guests / Why Should A Father Make Love To His Daughter / Should I Greet & Call My Husband's Younger Sister 'Aunty'?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 91
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.