Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,723 members, 7,816,975 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:52 PM

Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana - Health (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana (10784 Views)

Legalise Marijuana, Seun Kuti Tells African Leaders / Uruguay Becomes The First Country To Legalise Marijuana Production / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by eboeboy: 9:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Seun Kuti is trying to revive his career & reawaken the activism in Afromusic. The only way he can achieve that is to take anti-govt positions on govt laws & statutes. Expect more anti-govt stands from Seun. Unfortunately for him, he's neither as talented nor as educated as his father. The next 10 years would be very interesting!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by quicksylva(m): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2012
angryLegalize what? Shey dis guy well so. Some of our youth life has been ruin because of this thing called marijuana.

I know some people here will want to challenge me that is medicinal, it gives inspiration, blah,blah,blah. The truth is that most of the people taking marijuana abuse it.

When you see some of them, they are not looking very healthy, they are lazy, they don't want to do anything, they easily give up to challenges of life or something that would benefit them in life if only they can apply a little bit of effort, they are usually very aggressive and violent, I can go on and on.

Am not in support of something that won't add value to my life. And if I may have offended any marijuanist in the house, what can I say! I just dey speak my mind.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 9:44am On Nov 10, 2012
Most of our politicians and presidents in the US have admitted to using cannabis at some point during their lives. They haven't gone mad. Lol many people smoke weed and maintain a perfectly normal life. There are just some dumb people who misuse cannabis that end up addicts causing their lives to derail. Too much of anything is bad, not only weed.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by jide4lagos(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Some 1diot can be so stup.id and brainless. Imagine dem talkin about the best thing this sh.it of a country have ever produced (the great Fela). If his son wants marijuana to be legalize must u attack the great Fela? I wonder who una papa b self.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Demex40(m): 9:55am On Nov 10, 2012
Funny
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by OkwaIfugo(m): 9:59am On Nov 10, 2012
Ucheosefoh: If it is legalized dat mean u can enter any shop,# igbo smoker: abeg una get igbo 4 here, #seller: yes we get which size u want ? We get craze man size (jumbo size) we get small ones. #smoker: how much una de sell de jumbo size? #seller: jumbo na 200 naira. #smoker: what of de small size kwanu. #seller: na 50 naira each. #smoker: ok bring 4 raps and also help me with matches or lighter. Our society go mad finish cus piple go de smoke igbo any where any time dem want without fear

Hahaha your so funndy.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Dopefiend(m): 10:03am On Nov 10, 2012
topsyking: IT depend on how u take d igbo..Oyinbo talk say OVERdOse no good..
I take my igbo every afternoon..just A wrap..my friend emeka take 3times a day..so it depend on d person taking it..Omo if u take am...Ur mind will be free and Ur head go calm down

Chop knuckle jor baba mi
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Dopefiend(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12: Most of our politicians and presidents in the US have admitted to using cannabis at some point during their lives. They haven't gone mad. Lol many people smoke weed and maintain a perfectly normal life. There are just some dumb people who misuse cannabis that end up addicts causing their lives to derail. Too much of anything is bad, not only weed.

Keep 'wow-ing' me bebe cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Navalsadiq(m): 10:06am On Nov 10, 2012
train up a child in the way he should grow and when he grows up he will never depart from it.he cannot be blamed becos he was born into marijuana,lived in it and now trying to enforce it on others.

3 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Navalsadiq(m): 10:07am On Nov 10, 2012
train up a child in the way he should grow and when he grows up he will never depart from it.the muron cannot be blamed becos he was born into marijuana,lived in it and now trying to enforce it on others.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by dabrake(m): 10:25am On Nov 10, 2012
Ucheosefoh: If it is legalized dat mean u can enter any shop,# igbo smoker: abeg una get igbo 4 here, #seller: yes we get which size u want ? We get craze man size (jumbo size) we get small ones. #smoker: how much una de sell de jumbo size? #seller: jumbo na 200 naira. #smoker: what of de small size kwanu. #seller: na 50 naira each. #smoker: ok bring 4 raps and also help me with matches or lighter. Our society go mad finish cus piple go de smoke igbo any where any time dem want without fear
dead on arrival. LDKM4H
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by quicksylva(m): 10:33am On Nov 10, 2012
Lot's of my friend take marijuana, infact 55% of my friends take it including my best friend. Some few years back my best friend was involved in an auto accident, he was rushed to the hospital, the doctor wanted to sedate him because they were about to stitch him up, the drug didn't have an effect on him because of the excess in-take of marijuana, so he was awake through out the whole procedure. After the operation the doctor advice him to limit his in-take of marijuana. My friend was like, how the hell did the doctor knows that he was taking it.

My point is that am not too bothered about people taking it, but for someone too be campaigning for the legalization of marijuana, that's the part am not in support because I know my country THEY ARE GOING TO ABUSE IT.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by frevangel(m): 10:34am On Nov 10, 2012
The next thing they will start campaigning for Gay rights. That is how America got to this ruin. Do you have to legalize drug abuse? i thought you already have access to unlimited source? Oh, I forgot, he wants other people's children with sane minds to join him. True son of Fela! No surprises. Like father like like son!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by charlesditro: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2012
I wonder how the level of illitracy in nigeria has come to this point. People open thier pine hole and spite trash. Legalizing weed or not would not prevent the its circulation already in place which your so called government benefit from. You people are scared of running mad but are willing to develop cancer, wow you guyz are brilliant. Seun is not responsible for who ever smokes weed ( if its good for your brain smoke otherwise quite). His interest lies with the medical herbal value, even beneline with codiene they sell legally at phermacies are been abused today, bear and alcoholic drinks people consume are they safe. When yanki legallized gay marriage what did you hypocrite say. Now you want to talk cause thats all you are good at. GOD forgive you all.

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by dont8(m): 10:42am On Nov 10, 2012
But seriously, can Yaba left accommodate more Nigerians
Clemzy16: Wat a guan?! Ya mannn.. Gimme da lantern make i burn ma ganja! Thumbs up kuti. Mi feelin u man..
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by elpatch(m): 10:43am On Nov 10, 2012
Dihydo-cannabinol is the active agent in cannabis/weed,if use in small quantity can improve concentration but excess of it can wear off the brain matter leading to series of effect ranging from excessive hunger to outright madness.the cut off point for excess is not clearly defined.my lil cent.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by frevangel(m): 10:54am On Nov 10, 2012
charlesditro: I wonder how the level of illitracy in nigeria has come to this point. People open thier pine hole and spite trash. Legalizing weed or not would not prevent the its circulation already in place which your so called government benefit from. You people are scared of running mad but are willing to develop cancer, wow you guyz are brilliant. Seun is not responsible for who ever smokes weed ( if its good for your brain smoke otherwise quite). His interest lies with the medical herbal value, even beneline with codiene they sell legally at phermacies are been abused today, bear and alcoholic drinks people consume are they safe. When yanki legallized gay marriage what did you hypocrite say. Now you want to talk cause thats all you are good at. GOD forgive you all.

Yeah right. Like we all saw how his father, Fela, used it for medicinal purposes! Get a life and please do it quick! I was once a user and a moderate one, never addicted, yet I kept asking myself for the benefits. There was never one. I stopped not for any preacher's message but because I could see the future was bleak! MARIJUANA DOES NO GOOD FOR ANYONE, IT KILLS, DESTROYS DREAMS, CAUSES MORE DEPRESSION FOR USERS, AND A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET IS CERTAIN when you take it. DON'T BE DECEIVED!!!

5 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:00am On Nov 10, 2012
fr_evangel:

Yeah right. Like we all saw how his father, Fela, used it for medicinal purposes! Get a life and please do it quick! I was once a user and a moderate one, never addicted, yet I kept asking myself for the benefits. There was never one. I stopped not for any preacher's message but because I could see the future was bleak! MARIJUANA DOES NO GOOD FOR ANYONE, IT KILLS, DESTROYS DREAMS, CAUSES MORE DEPRESSION FOR USERS, AND A HOLE IN YOUR POCKET IS CERTAIN when you take it. DON'T BE DECEIVED!!!

Alcohol is worst but yet its legal. Oh well I guess the drunkness of alcohol is counteracted with sniffing some cocaine, n thus you wont be drunk smiley

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

Uhm dont know what u r implying but im not a marijuana addict. I know some ppl that are addicts and it controls their everyday lives. I smoke marijauna mostly on weekends. I know how to limit myself.

a lady taking marijuana?! First time i'm seeing this!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by frevangel(m): 11:07am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

Alcohol is worst but yet its legal. Oh well I guess the drunkness of alcohol is counteracted with sniffing some cocaine, n thus you wont be drunk smiley

And your point is?! LET ME GUESS: SINCE YOU ALLOW ONE BAD, YOU SHOULD ALLOW OTHER BAD, RIGHT? IF ALCOHOL IS WORSE THEN YOU SHOULD BE CAMPAIGNING FOR THE BAN OF ALCOHOL NOT FOR ANOTHER BAD TO BE LEGALIZED!!!

2 Likes

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by maramara1(m): 11:08am On Nov 10, 2012
What the young man is saying has some truth in it. I'm tired of seeing "the federal government warns that tobacco smoking is dangerous to your health". If the federal government knows its dengerous why is it been sold everywhere?

Importantly though, i dont think Seun kuti has started any movement for marijuana, he was only saying his mind on the issue. The pressman blows this out of proportion completely with that headline.

we are always first to know who's right or wrong. But we are in a democracy, people can and should have opinions, stop all this ideologies of right or wrong. Seun kuti has the right to have his own opinions.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:09am On Nov 10, 2012
Justosaus:

a lady taking marijuana?! First time i'm seeing this!

Lol was marijuana only made for men?

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:12am On Nov 10, 2012
fr_evangel:

And your point is?! LET ME GUESS: SINCE YOU ALLOW ONE BAD, YOU SHOULD ALLOW OTHER BAD, RIGHT? IF ALCOHOL IS WORSE THEN YOU SHOULD BE CAMPAIGNING FOR THE BAN OF ALCOHOL NOT FOR ANOTHER BAD TO BE LEGALIZED!!!

My point is to stop making weed out to be the bad guy. Cigarettes are more harmful than weed and so is alcohol but you clearly ignored that fact in your post. Weed is natural and the lesser of all these stimulants.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 11:17am On Nov 10, 2012
Billyonaire: Marijuana Activist... Everyone has the right to make their voices heard. I heard so many good things about marijuana, and I have also heard many bad things about it too. The government should listen to him and see what's possible. Everyone is entitled to a right to indulge.

Bros the way you are sounding ,are you one of the Vegetarians and Green leaf associate grin grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by cele22(m): 11:22am On Nov 10, 2012
[quote author=Otutu1]Yeah we know it's good, but remember we are Nigerians and we tend to overdo anything we lay hands upon. As a confam Igbo smoker I think legalizing it will remove the fun from the smoking section, my fellow smokers abi no be so?[/quote
4 sure,there will b no fun if it is legalize.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 11:23am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

Lol was marijuana only made for men?

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked whaaat, some cranky Igbo warlady in NL
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by olivegirl(f): 11:25am On Nov 10, 2012
lawizle:

Dz is very laffable...wetin nurse dey smoke igbo for oh!heheheheheehe
0 I laFf wella, na 4 injection
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:26am On Nov 10, 2012
CHESSBOARD:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked whaaat, some cranky Igbo warlady in NL

Im not a cranky igbo warlady. I am merely a sweet and peaceful igbo lady that enjoys an occasional blunt grin
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by opeoluwa2(f): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12: Marijuana should be legalized. Marijuana is less harmful than cigarettes by far. Self, alcohol is more lethal than marijuana. Marijuana is food for the soul lol. But like anything, it can be bad when one gets addicted to it.

Angel,do u seriously know the implication of having unrestricted use of Marijuana?
Our children ll smoke from primary school?
High rate of insanity.
Ve u ever been to A Ghetto in Nigeria?
That's usually their hotspot.
Do u want it to spread to every part of Nigeria?
Seun kuti is suffering from lack of Publicity and he is doing everything possible to get it.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by frevangel(m): 11:34am On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

My point is to stop making weed out to be the bad guy. Cigarettes are more harmful than weed and so is alcohol but you clearly ignored that fact in your post. Weed is natural and the lesser of all these stimulants.

MY POINT IS: Ciggrett (I refuse to learn to spell it right), Alcohol, Marijuana or any of their cousins are bad. BAD is BAD!!(i don't know what to say again). What we should be campaigning for is the BAN of all members of their families(Drugs)! Mind you, I started smoking when i was in Junior Sec School and did both Ciggret and Igbo, but i knew something was wrong with the life. It had nothing to do with fear or a preacher's message, it was just good thinking and morality! I am not saying everyone must think like me but to campaign for Igbo to be legalized is to insist everyone THINK LIKE YOU!!! At least for now, no body is stopping you from taking it inside your house or a den(club if you may).

The fact that you say the cousins of Igbo are bad but with same lip saying Igbo should be legalized makes it sound like you want more ill in the society!

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:39am On Nov 10, 2012
fr_evangel:

MY POINT IS: Ciggrett (I refuse to learn to spell it right), Alcohol, Marijuana or any of their cousins are bad. BAD is BAD!!(i don't know what to say again). What we should be campaigning for is the BAN of all members of their families(Drugs)! Mind you, I started smoking when i was in Junior Sec School and did both Ciggret and Igbo, but i knew something was wrong with the life. It had nothing to do with fear or a preacher's message, it was just good thinking and morality! I am not saying everyone must think like me but to campaign for Igbo to be legalized is to insist everyone THINK LIKE YOU!!! At least for now, no body is stopping you from taking it inside your house or a den(club if you may).

The fact that you say the cousins of Igbo are bad but with same lip saying Igbo should be legalized makes it sound like you want more ill in the society!

Ohkay I get what ur sayin, everyone thinks differently. I still dont think weed is bad. It only gets bad when done in excess, just like every other thing. But lets just agree to disagree.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:42am On Nov 10, 2012
opeoluwa2:

Angel,do u seriously know the implication of having unrestricted use of Marijuana?
Our children ll smoke from primary school?
High rate of insanity.
Ve u ever been to A Ghetto in Nigeria?
That's usually their hotspot.
Do u want it to spread to every part of Nigeria?
Seun kuti is suffering from lack of Publicity and he is doing everything possible to get it.

Oh well I mean if weed shouldnt be legalized then y are cigarettes and alcohol? There just as much harm to the children. If weed is banned den dont u think the other stimulants shud also be banned since they wud all be "harmful" to the kids?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com / Please Help Me Out With Eczema! / Alcohol Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.