Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,678 members, 7,816,780 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:02 PM

Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana (10783 Views)

Legalise Marijuana, Seun Kuti Tells African Leaders / Uruguay Becomes The First Country To Legalise Marijuana Production / Seun Kuti: Marijuana Is Healthy But Cigarette Is Killing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
afroxyz:
Don't go there. Those in the north lace theirs with codeine, rubber and other drugs. That's why they go mad.

Codeine? Geeze, ima never try that again. Went to a party where they served "purple drank" which is only codeine mixed with sprite n I could feel my heart literally palpitating, I thought I was gonna have a heart attack. That stuff is deadly, many ppl have died from it. Codeine should remain a controlled substance.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by quicksylva(m): 1:15pm On Nov 10, 2012
abbeyty: [b][/b][/i][i]

just because you did not see life or future in marijuana when you were smoking it that does not mean other cant see future in it. a lot of people see brighter futures ahead of them just by smoking weed. like the says goes... one man poison is another man's meat. like the other lady said moderation is the key
(wraps up his igbo and inivites candieangle to join him itis weekend}

I wouldn't have replied if you didn't "instruct" me not to. That you can't discuss/argue/disagree like a sane/literate adult and pose as one is remarkable!
Where does it really hurt you? That I am trying to take you away from your own self destruction?!!! I am still in pain when I see friends "I introduced" to Marijuana 10years ago live like scvmbags! If I could turn the hand of time, I would not have invited them the days I did. I got out as soon as I realized there was no future in it!!! Hence my passion when I campaign against it. You are an adult (i want to assume) and still have your choice to make. only next time, try to be more mature in arguments!! Thank you.

just because you did not see life or future in marijuana when you were somking it that does not mean other cant see future in it. a lot of people see brighter futures ahead of them just by smoking weed. like the says goes... one man poison is another man's meat. like the other lady said moderation is the key
(wraps his igbo and inivites candieangle to join him)[/i]

I wouldn't have replied if you didn't "instruct" me not to. That you can't discuss/argue/disagree like a sane/literate adult and pose as one is remarkable!
Where does it really hurt you? That I am trying to take you away from your own self destruction?!!! I am still in pain when I see friends "I introduced" to Marijuana 10years ago live like scvmbags! If I could turn the hand of time, I would not have invited them the days I did. I got out as soon as I realized there was no future in it!!! Hence my passion when I campaign against it. You are an adult (i want to assume) and still have your choice to make. only next time, try to be more mature in arguments!! Thank you.

just because you did not see life or future in marijuana when you were somking it that does not mean other cant see future in it. a lot of people see brighter futures ahead of them just by smoking weed. like the says goes... one man poison is another man's meat. like the other lady said moderation is the key
(wraps his igbo and inivites candieangle to join him)[i][/i]
Guy was-up with you? why the excessive posting, hope everything is ok over there.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 1:17pm On Nov 10, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

No mind all these mugu oriented peeps, their life is not any better than weed smokers and yet the claim shit, what weed has helped me to overcome in life human beings cannot. When there was nobody for me weed was with me...anyways it is better for me to take weed **at least we all agree that it is medicinal*** than to take other stuffs that there is no medical gain to it.

abeg i don email you,i go like connect with you, i do it occasionally too and u know where two or more people are gathered in his name....things must sharpen wink wink wink grin grin grin

Lol I will reply ur email, soonest. Lets fashi all these people hating on the green. smiley
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by abiL(f): 1:19pm On Nov 10, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

No mind all these mugu oriented peeps, their life is not any better than weed smokers and yet the claim shit, what weed has helped me to overcome in life human beings cannot. When there was nobody for me weed was with me...anyways it is better for me to take weed **at least we all agree that it is medicinal*** than to take other stuffs that there is no medical gain to it.

abeg i don email you,i go like connect with you, i do it occasionally too and u know where two or more people are gathered in his name....things must sharpen wink wink wink grin grin grin

Hahahahahhaha Amen! smiley
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Dopefiend(m): 1:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Lagos_Boi:

cheesy bad sharp guy! Imma write a poem for d green soon, cos wt it has done for me, no oda drug hs done half of it. Btw, set dat P cheesy grin grin
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by deebrain(m): 1:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
Clemzy16: Wat a guan?! Ya mannn.. Gimme da lantern make i burn ma ganja! Thumbs up kuti. Mi feelin u man..

Respect large man! Dem no want ye and i ta live alreight! Dem wicked babylonian. Respect ganja deelers! Respect Seun! Respect marijuana! Gboooom.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
Education, education, education and in case you didn't read it the first three times EDUCATION.

By which (as many people have already pointed out in this thread) I mean that in order for Marijuana to even think of being legalised in this country we need honest information about the effects of the drug on people instead of having people running blind into a world of weed.

It's all well and good to campaign for the legalisation of marijuana as Seun is now but what he's really doing is preaching to the choir. It's the same old protest song that all smokers sing (You can use it to make rope, clothes, tea, blah blah blah). Back that protest song up with an actual campaign for the education of effects and uses of marijuana, medicinal or recreational. Otherwise we just look like bleating goats. Shouting things with no actual plan in place for the implementation of this so called legalisation.

What next after it's legalised? Do people get to grow in their gardens or do they need a license? Where will it be sold and it what forms? How can an effective campaign change the minds of the people and actually get support not just from the people that smoke it but from people that don't and possibly won't but have the mind to see how it can benefit them as well?

It's not impossible, it can be done. Take this for inspiration: http://marijuanamajority.com/

And as for the naysayers and hellfire prophets out there: Water helps to keep us alive, even Fela said "Water no get enemy" but if you use water incorrectly, you can choke or drown and possibly die. And the water that you love so much won't give a damn. Education is key.

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Hoodrat(m): 2:27pm On Nov 10, 2012
Legalize marijuana and ship out cigaret back to the redneck continent!! Marijuana and cotton were the cash crops that generated so much wealth to African in the 13th century but white racist felt the need to stopped it due to their jealousy and most common silly excuse that their girls found us attractive when we high as the ceiling and most of them were losing their women to Africans which prompted the banned on marijuana and the Jim Crow laws follow suit. They had their alcohol/cigaret and none of their people embrace it but a cheap African cash crop marijuana which the people derived so much pleasure in it. Lean history of imperialism before you talk sht about marijuana. Marijuana is the only cash crop I know. LEGALIZE IT LEGALIZE LEGALIZE IT and let their be peace.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by opeoluwa2(f): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ha,one has to becareful on Nairaland oooooh,
So naw marijuana people ful here.
No wonder they are always so bold to insult each others religion and tribe.
After smoking one wrapp,u lose total respect.Naw I getttttt

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by adebabs21(f): 2:37pm On Nov 10, 2012
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed female?

candieangel12:

Uhm dont know what u r implying but im not a marijuana addict. I know some ppl that are addicts and it controls their everyday lives. I smoke marijauna mostly on weekends. I know how to limit myself.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by stupor(m): 2:39pm On Nov 10, 2012
They way and manner an educated man drives a car is different fróm the way an uneducated fellow drives.

The same way an educated man indulges,drinks,smokes is quite different from how an uneducated fella does his.

That's the difference !

Don't yOu guys get it !

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by adebabs21(f): 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2012
Birds of same feather

abiL:

Talk the talk joor! grin
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by afroxyz: 3:05pm On Nov 10, 2012
Candieangel12, I would like to hook up with you. Can I send you a mail?
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by ARareGem(f): 3:14pm On Nov 10, 2012
Nairaland is no longer safe for kids! Aaaah! Campaign for Marijuana? In Nigeria ke? shocked
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by abiL(f): 3:30pm On Nov 10, 2012
adebabs21: Birds of same feather

Did I say that I smoke weed?

Mtcheew!

Don't quote me again if you have nothing but useless bullshït to type.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Ilekokonit: 3:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
dapachez
my big cousin went nuts afta smoking the dreaded igbo from kwale and since then he ran mad,has been in chains for fourteen years now, so so sad

So sorry to hear about your cousin BUT medically there is nothing called madness, instead it is known as mental illness (maybe Manic depression or Schizophrenia, etc, etc). Its only in Nigeria that we label people with curable Mental illness as Mad people which further isolates them and makes their condition worsen.

Most if not all mental illness (which we wrongly call madness in nigeria) are caused by Chemical imbalances in the brain that can be corrected with anti-depressants and similar drugs.

When I was in Medical school, one of the Professors of medicine voluntarilly checked himself into the psychiatric ward. when i asked him what he was doing there he said that the moment he slapped his wife after 30 years of marriage, he realised that there was something wrong with him upstairs and decided to check himself into the psychiatric ward for treatment.

Now if the Prof was an illiterate surrounded by illiterate relatives, maybe they would have tried to cure a medical condition with spiritual methods or violent methods that involves restraining with chains and physical violence which resulted in the death of Rashidi Yekini Nigeria's football hero.

So, please call a family meeting and educate them that your cousin who has been chained down for 14 years should be freed and transferred to a PROPER psychiatric hospital where he will be treated with drugs and if he is not responding to the drugs, then the dosage will be increased and the only time he may be tied down in a PROPER psychiatric hospital is if he is a danger to himself and others or refuses his medication but in such cases only his hands and feet are tied to his bed for less than 24 hours to allow for the increased medication to take effect and slow down his hyperactivity.

BUT 14 years in chains is such a waste of someone who could be treated successfully within 2 months.

Please try and prevail upon your family members so that the fate that befell Rashidi Yekini because his family members were ignorant of his condition does not befall your cousin

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Agassa: 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2012
I smoke igbho...and I owe no one any explanation.

If u think its no good or ur brain cant take it,then don't use it.

This is a simple matter of choice.

Thank you.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by DayTrader: 3:46pm On Nov 10, 2012
I stand for legalisation of Mary Jane, I have read alot of comments here saying if legalised all our primary kids would start smoking. A question for thought as alcohol and ciggarettes are legal are our children in primary school all drunk and smoking?
Legalisation is the only way of fully controlling its use, to an extend that is. I would place an age limited on who could buy it and that is 21 years old. why 21? cause you are more matured and can learn to appreciate the good things in alcohol and mary j at this age and have developed a better understanding of responsibilities to yourself and others, off-course there are people who are exceptions to this rule but God diidn't create us all perfect.
Is marijuana addictive? There are no easy answers to this question. In my opinion, the most unbiased book on this and other related topics is The Science of Marijuana (2008). The Science of Marijuana is written by Leslie L. Iverson, a professor of pharmacology at the University of Cambridge in England. In the book, he reviews decades of international research on marijuana, both laboratory research and survey research. Based on his review of the scientific literature, between 10 to 30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have a serious addiction. Based on this research less additive than ciggarettes or alcohol.
The main reason the governement should look into its legalisation is that even as we sit here debating this topic Igbo can be easily bought by those of us who know where to look, I would like to emphasize on the word easily. That is revenue the govenment is easily losing daily by legalising and taxing igbo the governement can count on taxes that would be of the same scale if not more than from cigar and alcohol.
As for the side effects of Igbo there is no difference than the side effects of alcohol but you have to no what your limit is thats why education is needed, just like alcohol don't smoke and drive, if you know all u need is half a joint to get to your limit, don't smoke the whole joint. I could go on and on but I think Seun I would sign sign Seun's campaign although with the kind of governement we have in Naija, I don't expect any sensible converstion to be ever brought to the table
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by aribisala0(m): 4:33pm On Nov 10, 2012
On a serious but different note there is a variant of cannabis species that has a low THC content and so no value to smokers.It is used to make rope,paper ,fabrics etc and has much economic value. This plant is valuable as a source of highly nutritious animal feed e.g. in poultry and has nothing to do with getting high.
This is an area government needs to look into and production under licence with NDLEA supervision would be the way to go.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hemp

1 Like

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Sunnibenty: 4:55pm On Nov 10, 2012
She faithful,she doesn't tel lies,she wil kiz u n u gf,she giv inspiration,shes dat clean girl in white dres,her body fel gud in dat tyt white dres,am inluv wit maryjane(marijuaner
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Revolva(m): 5:11pm On Nov 10, 2012
Ope oo if people of great substance like obama smoked weed den who am I

Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Chidoxyl(m): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
This marijuana of a tin, is it from d EAST? If not, y then is it been referred 2 as "IGBO", & not referred 2 as YORUBA or even HAUSA?

Just thinking aloud, oooo!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Chidoxyl(m): 6:43pm On Nov 10, 2012
This marijuana of a tin, is it from d EAST? If not, y then is it been referred 2 as "IGBO", & not referred 2 as YORUBA or even HAUSA?

Just thinking aloud, oooo!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Obinoscopy(m): 7:00pm On Nov 10, 2012
abiL:

Excessive use of cannabis isn't good.

Too much of a good thing....

Cannabis might be a good thing but its addictiveness is the problem. The addictiveness will make one use it excessively.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by aribisala0(m): 7:08pm On Nov 10, 2012
This is equally true of Jesus,Mohammed,sex,or Nairaland
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 8:07pm On Nov 10, 2012
candieangel12:

Lol I will reply ur email, soonest. Lets fashi all these people hating on the green. smiley

and the campaign train starts gathering... How about Vegetarian High Society of Nigeria for a name?
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by Nobody: 9:20pm On Nov 10, 2012
Lucky for him.
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by topsyking: 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2012
IF U LOVE THE GOLD LEAVE
LET ME HEAR A hell yea!!!
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by katcy4christ: 11:28pm On Nov 10, 2012
One of the nightguards employed to see to the security of my street is on loose right now from smoking marijuana
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by candieangel12(f): 11:41pm On Nov 10, 2012
adebabs21: lipsrsealed lipsrsealed female?

Yes, im a female, and what is your point?
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by NovusHomo(m): 12:03am On Nov 11, 2012
Jakumo: Seun Kuti evidently did not learn the lesson his father learned too late - that discretion is better than activism, when it comes to any practice banned by the laws of the land.

If late Afro Beat king Fela had not gone out of his way to publicize his love for weed, he would most likely never have been arrested and humiliated by agents of the military dictatorship to which Fela was openly expressing his opposition at the time.

If great men such as Bill Clinton and Barak Obama are on record has having enjoyed the use of marijuana in their youth, then certainly that relaxant is not as evil a substance as many governments would have us believe, HOWEVER, it is never a good idea to openly challenge constituted laws, even if those statutes are generally accepted to be archaic and un-necessary.

Seun Kuti should have kept his head down and smoked his weed in private. Now he has drawn the attention of law enforcement, by trying to change a law that will most likely outlive him, and that adds up to trouble for Seun, both inside Nigeria, and in airports anywhere he goes in the world.

Trouble dey sleep, but Yanga come go wake am.

Guy is on a mission: to beat his father's unreasoned "palavas"
I have said it before: Seun, you need to get out of your father's shadow and be your own man. Be original for once. But then...
Re: Seun Kuti Campaign To Legalise Marijuana by babaowo: 1:13am On Nov 11, 2012
candieangel12:

Uhm dont know what u r implying but im not a marijuana addict. I know some ppl that are addicts and it controls their everyday lives. I smoke marijauna mostly on weekends. I know how to limit myself.
... i like lady smoker whalai no b lai!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hiv / Aids Possible Cure Www.baariz.com / Please Help Me Out With Eczema! / Alcohol Addiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.