Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,787 members, 7,956,004 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 09:06 PM

Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia - Computers (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia (14904 Views)

Rate The Fastest And Most Reliable ISPs In Nigeria / Pls How Do I Check My Internet Balance On Glo? / List of ISPs In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by samir101ng(m): 1:11pm On Feb 04, 2013
moonraker:

grin grin grin

bro samir

optic fiber straight to my doorstep @ $43 dollar per month. This speedtest was taken during peak hours. at night, i get about 200ish

cry cry cry cry

It's not fair at all. Nigeria is slowly crawling there but damn !!! Haven't heard about any optic fiber connection to the home (FTTH) for consumers yet, but am sure there probably is for corporate customers. Which brings me back to the problem of having no affordable high speed data connection for consumers other than Mobile Broadband. Etisalat currently has the most advanced network in the country with the deployment of HSPA+. The most advanced modem you can get in the country is the Huawei E367. It has a connection speed of only 28.8Mbps. Now, if you can get half of that speed on a good day, you will be the fastest Nigerian surfing the web i can guarantee that. But like i said earlier, the networks are so congested and slow that you can hardly dream of getting such a connection. It is possible though but highly unlikely.
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by samir101ng(m): 1:34pm On Feb 04, 2013
This topic reminds me of a tweet by wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales when he was in Lagos attending a conference.

According to Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales, Nigeria’s internet speed is faster than New York’s.

Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales. (image: .com)

Wales tweeted yesterday, “Broadband speed in Nigeria. Beats New York City”, with a link to the results of his speed test (see below).

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/03/nigerian-internet-beats-new-yorks/

Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by moonraker(m): 3:01am On Feb 05, 2013
samir101ng:

cry cry cry cry

It's not fair at all. Nigeria is slowly crawling there but damn !!! Haven't heard about any optic fiber connection to the home (FTTH) for consumers yet, but am sure there probably is for corporate customers. Which brings me back to the problem of having no affordable high speed data connection for consumers other than Mobile Broadband. Etisalat currently has the most advanced network in the country with the deployment of HSPA+. The most advanced modem you can get in the country is the Huawei E367. It has a connection speed of only 28.8Mbps. Now, if you can get half of that speed on a good day, you will be the fastest Nigerian surfing the web i can guarantee that. But like i said earlier, the networks are so congested and slow that you can hardly dream of getting such a connection. It is possible though but highly unlikely.

Bros. The Nigerian Broadband problem doesnt just start and end with the ISPs. Another problem is that some nigerias do not like anything good or something

that would help everyone. Everyone in that country is thinking about themselves and themselves only. But who can blame them?? I mean when you got a government

that clearly isnt doing anything or has simply abandon their citizens?? what do you expect the citizens to do in that case. Indirectly, the government is saying

that there is nothing they can do for their citizens. Enough politics.

Lets talk Tech...

FTTH is old tech in my base. My friend has a gigabit connection at home which peaks at about 400M. he pays $55.

When i moved into a new crib here, it didnt have the FTTH line installed. I had to call up the ISP to install

the line. They used to electric polls to run the line into my crib. This tells me that if a company like GLO

wanted to connect the whole of lagos via fiber optic or even adsl, then it is very very possible.

when i was new to IT, i have always thought that in other for you to achieve even adsl speeds, all they have

to do is to install high powered base stations and then roll the cable using the power poles.

this however brings us to another problem. Vandalism. But that, my friend is a topic for another day......

I weep for nigerians angry angry angry
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by Bawss1(m): 4:55pm On Feb 05, 2013
Give me a tenth of Moonraker's speed and I'll be a very happy man. shocked
Damn
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by ukachimo: 5:18pm On Feb 05, 2013
samir101ng: This topic reminds me of a tweet by wikipedia founder Jimmy Wales when he was in Lagos attending a conference.

According to Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales, Nigeria’s internet speed is faster than New York’s.

Wikipedia co-founder Jimmy Wales. (image: .com)

Wales tweeted yesterday, “Broadband speed in Nigeria. Beats New York City”, with a link to the results of his speed test (see below).

http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2012/03/nigerian-internet-beats-new-yorks/
that is yahclick in action. Pay 3 months subscription and get free epuipment on business plan from 2mbps up. U can enjoy up to 15mbps on this network and location is not a problem. Call Daniel on 08094684524 for enquiries or mail ukachimo@yahoo.com
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by samir101ng(m): 9:48am On Feb 06, 2013
ukachimo: that is yahclick in action. Pay 3 months subscription and get free epuipment on business plan from 2mbps up. U can enjoy up to 15mbps on this network and location is not a problem. Call Daniel on 08094684524 for enquiries or mail ukachimo@yahoo.com

@ukachimo

That is not true !!! Do your research well. Yahclick is a VSAT solution. Yes, Hyperia is the ISP currently offering that service to Eko Hotel & Suites but it is a Fiber Optic Connection NOT Vsat. Check the speedtest results well, you will see a PING time of 8ms. I am yet to see a VSAT solution with a PING time of less than 100ms. Don't take credit for something you have no business with. angry angry
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by moonraker(m): 11:36am On Feb 06, 2013
samir101ng:

@ukachimo

That is not true !!! Do your research well. Yahclick is a VSAT solution. Yes, Hyperia is the ISP currently offering that service to Eko Hotel & Suites but it is a Fiber Optic Connection NOT Vsat. Check the speedtest results well, you will see a PING time of 8ms. I am yet to see a VSAT solution with a PING time of less than 100ms. Don't take credit for something you have no business with. angry angry

angry angry angry grin

dont mind him. i told him to run a speedtest to prove that he has such bandwidth, zero!!!!
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by ukachimo: 12:05pm On Feb 06, 2013
samir101ng:

@ukachimo

yes u are right about de speed test and the Yahclick, a mix up there yet Yahclick is offering 15mbps not a farce.
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by samir101ng(m): 4:30pm On Feb 06, 2013
ukachimo: yes u are right about de speed test and the Yahclick, a mix up there yet Yahclick is offering 15mbps not a farce.

Better !!! angry angry

yet Yahclick is offering 15mbps not a farce

Dude !!! Put your money where your mouth is and put a speed test screenshot here with a link.
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 07, 2013
dis is mine... its good for me tho... bt i knw i never even see anything

Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by kathybro: 2:12pm On Jul 11, 2013
Even mine is poor, I have etisalat and when i used ScanmySpeed.com to test my internet speed the upload speed was 1.009 mbps and download speed 0.081 mbps... I am with them for quite long time but there is no big improvement... sad
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by routik(m): 3:30pm On Jul 11, 2013
Though this is not a speed test, but Glo is working well at my resident.
I don't know when we will start getting the kind of speed am seeing in this thread. these kind of speed will encourage cloud computing in Nigeria.
I believe our telecom industry is working towards it.

Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by lumzi23: 9:48pm On Jul 11, 2013
21 ms. Oh my goodness. Such good ping.
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by tripleofj(m): 9:41am On Jan 24, 2016
There is something new in the market for satellite broadband internet Services BLUCLICK. Check [url]www.bluclickng.com [/url].

Bluclick offers high speed, high download cap, wide range and uncapped/unlimited download plans.

Bluclick covers every part of Nigeria and service is delivered through network of installers, resellers and channel partners accross Nigeria. If you are an installer or reseller or system integrators or IT Personel, this is an opportunity for you to grow your business and provide better service for your customer, join by signing up at [url]http://www.bluclickng.com/about.html [/url] Click Sign up.
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by mikron(m): 1:09am On Jan 26, 2016
omenziate:
If I see one-fifth of dis speed, I go downlaod all d movies for torrent finish. See speed. Dat na like 700mb movie in less than 5mins sef. Person don suffer for easy blaze hand o.
less than 2 mins
Re: Nigerians Are Being Cheated By Isps - Look At My Internet Speed Here In Malaysia by mikron(m): 1:10am On Jan 26, 2016
HsLBroker:
Our government cheap us, companies in Nigeria too cheap us, we are cheated both home and aboard
cheap u or u mean cheat u?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

ASK Me The License Key To Unlock Your PC Software. / Do I Really Need An Antivirus For Windows 8.1? / How To Run Internet Speed Test With Dos Command

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.