Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,019 members, 7,838,559 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 04:20 AM

Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. (6135 Views)

Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo) / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 11:51am On Nov 12, 2012
Interesting....
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 12:08pm On Nov 12, 2012
@Buzugee,

I agree with most of the things you listed above. However, when the prophecies were revealed to John some of those things were happening (That was Present at that time) and the ones that happened after & still happening or going to happen are the future prophecies. That was my point; and it's clearly written in Revelation 1:19.

The only thing I don't seem to agree with is the flashback prophecy you wrote up there; this is because Revelation 1:19 doesn't say anything about revealing flashback prophecies to John. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 12:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
seriallink:

I agree with most of the things you listed above. However, when the prophecies were revealed to John some of those things were happening (That was Present at that time) and the ones that happened after, was the future. That was my point; and it's clearly written in Revelation 1:19.

The only thing I don't seem to agree with is the flashback prophecy you wrote up there; this is because Revelation 1:19 doesn't say anything about revealing flashback prophecies to John. I hope you understand where I'm coming from.
ITS NOT A FLASHBACK PROPHESY. ITS JUST A RECANTING OF THE PAST. WITHOUT THE PAST THERE IS NO FUTURE. THE LORD DEALS IN (7). MEANING COMPLETION. IN OTHER TO WRITE ABOUT THE FUTURE, I HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW WE GOT TO THE PRESENT POINT. THATS COMPLETION. THE LORD DEALS IN 7. FULL CIRCLE.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 12:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
obadiah777: ITS NOT A FLASHBACK PROPHESY. ITS JUST A RECANTING OF THE PAST. WITHOUT THE PAST THERE IS NO FUTURE. THE LORD DEALS IN (7). MEANING COMPLETION. IN OTHER TO WRITE ABOUT THE FUTURE, I HAVE TO TELL YOU HOW WE GOT TO THE PRESENT POINT. THATS COMPLETION. THE LORD DEALS IN 7. FULL CIRCLE.

Ok, got your point!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 12:23pm On Nov 12, 2012
seriallink:

Ok, got your point!
NO PROBS BRAH SERIALLINK wink
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 6:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
plappville:

He is not confused at all, you have gat to take your time and Read carefully.
Isaiah 66:7-11: 7“Before she goes into labor,she gives birth;
before the pains come upon her,
she delivers a son.
8Who has ever heard of such a thing?
Who has ever seen such things?
Can a country be born in a day
or a nation be brought forth in a moment?
Yet no sooner is Zion in labor
than she gives birth to her children.
9Do I bring to the moment of birth
and not give delivery?” says the Lord.
“Do I close up the womb
when I bring to delivery?” says your God.
10“Rejoice with Jerusalem and be glad for her,
all you who love her;
rejoice greatly with her,
all you who mourn over her.
11For you will nurse and be satisfied
at her comforting breasts;
you will drink deeply
and delight in her overflowing abundance.”."

Here, Isaiah prophesied ages before Christ, of a woman bringing forth a 'man child.' "She," verse ten tells us, is Jerusalem,
Isaiah should be referring to the New Jerusalem.

Revelation 12:5 said the woman brought forth a 'man child;' Isaiah 66:7 said Jerusalem was delivered of a 'man child.'
Now Isaiah 66:8 expresses astonishment: "Who hath heard such a thing? who hath seen such things?"
Just like you believed @i.chuka was confused. Think about it, What was so amazing that Isaiah would be so surprised? Isaiah saw a whole nation, born in one day. That is something outstanding no? I believe this Revelation is deeper than we see it. undecided
May our Lord continue 2uplift you.

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 6:28pm On Nov 12, 2012
Ubenedictus: please can u ref this to scriptures?

Sir,the problem is not scripture ref.but US!
Are we willing to hear and accept the Truth??
Sir, the Church has FAILED!!.it cannot fullfill Gods purpose here on earth.even in the time of the Apostles according to the book of Revelations(the seven Churches) already have issues.
If you are ready,then lets talk.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
ijawkid:

I was only asking if you have discarded the notion that ""mary is the woman revelation 12:1 is talking about"".....

Have you??...

and I never down graded the answers of others....I was just chatting with you....
and i asked you "who is d child?". You didnt ansa
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:53pm On Nov 13, 2012
truthislight:
rev 21:1 to 4
dis is a passage, what does it say? And how did d new jerusalem give birth to christ, it is d other way round.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
CrazyMan:
The revelation showed a brief explanation of what happened during the birth of christ....and what would happen in the future.

The tribulation, and the coming of the anti christ.
others disagree, them say no past even 4 revelation!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:03pm On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777:
1-THE BOOK OF REVELATION IS NOT ONLY ABOUT THE FUTURE. THE BOOK OF REVELATION ACTUALLY STARTS FROM THE BEGINNING OF THE WORLD. IT HAS REFERENCES TO ISRAEL BEFORE NOAHS FLOOD IN WHICH THE ISRAELITES WERE STILL RULING THE WORLD BUT HOWEVER THE DRAGON WITH 10 HORNS AND 7 HEADS KICKED THEM OUT OF HEAVEN ( RULERSHIP ) TO THE EARTH ( LAMENTATIONS 2 VS 1 ). BUT HOWEVER THE MAIN BODY OF THE BOOK OF REVELATIONS BEGINS AROUND 400 BC WHEN ALEXANDER THE GREAT ( ABBADON ) OVERTHEW THE MEDIO-PERSIAN EMPIRE. SO THE MAIN BODY OF THE BOOK OF REVELATION STARTED 400 BC. IT IS A BOOK OF PAST PRESENT AND FUTURE
ijawkid and his future-only group what do you think??

2- ISRAEL GAVE BIRTH TO CHRIST AMIDST MUCH BIRTH PAINS MEANING ISRAEL WAS GOING THROUGH TRIBULATION AND PAIN BECAUSE THEY WERE GOING THROUGH CAPTIVITY AND MUCH VIOLENCE BY THE BABYLONIAN FOLLOWED BY THE MEDIO-PERSIAN FOLLOWED BY THE GRECIAN AND EVENTUALLY ROMAN EMPIRE WHICH IS THE EMPIRE THAT WAS IN CHARGE WHEN CHRIST WAS BORN. SCRIPTURE TO SHOW ISRAEL GAVE BIRTH TO CHRIST MATTHEW 1 VS 21 And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins AND WHO ARE HIS PEOPLE ? HEBREW 7 VS 14 For it is evident that our Lord was descended from Judah JUDAH IS THE HEAD TRIBE OF ISRAEL.
u quoted matt 1:21, dat passage isnt talking of israel, it is talking about mary, that is cuting and joining different information! Wahala dey!

3-FLEEING INTO THE WILDERNESS. THIS IS TALKING ABOUT THE ABOMINATION OF DESOLATION THAT HAPPENED IN 70 AD WHEN THE ROMANS INVADED ISRAEL AND KICKED OUT ALL THE INHABITANTS. LUKE 21 VS 24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall be led away captive into all nations: and Jerusalem shall be trodden down of the Gentiles, until the times of the Gentiles be fulfilled. THE WILDERNESS THEY RAN INTO IS THE INTERIORS OF AFRICA. MOST SPECIFICALLY WEST AFRICA . THIS IS AN EXCERPT FROM A HISTORY BOOK CALLED FROM BABYLON TO TIMBUCKTU I WILL POST IT IN THE NEXT POST SO THIS ONE DOES NOT LOOK TOO CROWDED. IF EVERYONE IS LIKE ME I GET DISCOURAGED FROM READING LONG THESIS LOL. ITS THAT ATTENTION SPAN grin grin
rev 12 says d woman wasnt harmed but ur own say israelites was killed, it doesnt add up!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ijawkid(m): 2:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: and i asked you "who is d child?". You didnt ansa

And you are refusing to acknowledge who the woman is......

Is she mary as you've always known it to be??.....

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
i.chuka:

Sir,the problem is not scripture ref.but US!
Are we willing to hear and accept the Truth??
Sir, the Church has FAILED!!.it cannot fullfill Gods purpose here on earth.even in the time of the Apostles according to the book of Revelations(the seven Churches) already have issues.
If you are ready,then lets talk.
i have been talking it seems you didnt notice.
"the church has failed" that one isnt talking about the assembly (ecclesia) of christ right? My bible says d gates of hell cannot prevail!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:11pm On Nov 13, 2012
ijawkid:

And you are refusing to acknowledge who the woman is......

Is she mary as you've always known it to be??.....

you didnt ansa my question! The thread is "who is the child?" did u miss d thread title?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:14pm On Nov 13, 2012
obadiah777: NO PROBS BRAH SERIALLINK wink
it seems those on the thread has come to a conclusion that revelation contains past events! Hope that represent the thoughts of those on the thread?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 2:20pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: it seems those on the thread has come to a conclusion that revelation contains past events! Hope that represent the thoughts of those on the thread?
dunno bout their thoughts grin however it does cover past present and future events
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ijawkid(m): 2:29pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: you didnt ansa my question! The thread is "who is the child?" did u miss d thread title?

If you can identify the mum then you can identify the male child......

But you are running away....lol....
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 2:34pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: it seems those on the thread has come to a conclusion that revelation contains past events! Hope that represent the thoughts of those on the thread?

Sorry to disappoint you brah, Revelation 1:19 doesn't agree with your past prophecies & second birth of Christ analysis. I do not agree either.

Did you bother going through the links I posted? I bet, they aren't important to you because even if we argue for a billion years, you'll never accept the truth. You are not a truth seeker, all you are trying to do is defend your mary's 'Queen of Heaven' title which is unscriptural.

You only want to hear that the man-child is Christ so that you can conclude that the woman is Mary. So, there is no point arguing with you over this issue. Shikena

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 2:43pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: ijawkid and his future-only group what do you think??

u quoted matt 1:21, dat passage isnt talking of israel, it is talking about mary, that is cuting and joining different information! Wahala dey!

rev 12 says d woman wasnt harmed but ur own say israelites was killed, it doesnt add up!
oh you are looking for a specific passage that says the woman is israel ? well dunno if i can find any but the 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of israel.

rev 12 did not say she wasnt harmed. it says she fled into the wilderness. i am sure you dont expect them to go into specifics about who survived and who got killed. those who survived ran into the wilderness. wink stop splitting hairs lol
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by DevotedOne(m): 2:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

Who Is The Child? The one whom strives for the anointing; the initiated Christ (Logos). I would suppose that the following books are not one hundred percent accurate, but they're notable for being the best of their kind, that's available today: ~ Page 154 of this book begins Revelation 12;

The Apocalypse Unsealed
Google Books

The Apocalypse Unsealed babel.hathitrust.org

Sermon on the Mount

Man - unregenerate

The Regenerate Man

The restored New Testament

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 3:00pm On Nov 13, 2012
see if this can prove to you that the woman is israel. the book of genesis chapter 37 vs 9 Then he had another dream, and he told it to his brothers. “Listen,” he said, “I had another dream, and this time the sun and moon and eleven stars were bowing down to me.”

10 When he told his father as well as his brothers, his father rebuked him and said, “What is this dream you had? Will your mother and I and your brothers actually come and bow down to the ground before you?” 11 His brothers were jealous of him, but his father kept the matter in mind.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 3:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: what is the "new jerusalem"? I thought it was d kingdom of God under christ as paul attest. Pls did i get it wrong?

We are talking about the Holy City of God, the Tabernacle of God and Heavenly Jerusalem, is literally heaven on earth.

It is referred to in several scrituressadIsaiah 52:1, Galatians 4:26, Hebrews 11:10, 12:22-24, reve 21)and more.

Hebrews 13:14
14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

The new Jerusalem.

3 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 3:15pm On Nov 13, 2012
plappville:

We are talking about the Holy City of God, the Tabernacle of God and Heavenly Jerusalem, is literally heaven on earth.

It is referred to in several scrituressadIsaiah 52:1, Galatians 4:26, Hebrews 11:10, 12:22-24, reve 21)and more.

Hebrews 13:14
14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

The new Jerusalem.
NICE SCRIPTURES GURL. wink

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 3:16pm On Nov 13, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

Who Is The Child? The one whom strives for the anointing; the initiated Christ (Logos). I would suppose that the following books are not one hundred percent accurate, but they're notable the best of their kind, that's available today: ~ Page 154 of this book begins Revelation 12;

The Apocalypse Unsealed

Sermon on the Mount

Man - unregenerate

The Regenerate Man

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne

See this muslim dey show himself grin grin

We are taking our time never mind, the OP is hiding from the truth, do not think we do not know who the child is.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 3:25pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: I have read a little abt Gobbi some year back, thunder of justice has a film i just couldnt watch it becos mine wasnt clear. I try i see your points really?? I hope so!

y does your own quote speaks against u? Ur quote says "i become trasformed and assimilated by him (d holy spirit),...i will bring u to...". That clearly show that she will reveal that which she learnt of d holy spirit, it doesnt mary interpretes scripture in place of d holyspirit. Or does ur pastor interprete in place of d holyspirit wen he teaches in ur church? No he and she provides him/herself as a vessel for d holy spirit.
Please try and say it as u see it.

and what about that
In d catholic church private revelation is private and im not obligated to accept Gobbi or believe him.
But after taking a look at what u posted i could help but notice that it has just one use and that is to divert me thread.
The thread remains "who is d male child of revelation 12?" pls stay on topic.

I was not trying to avert the thread anyway, i responded due to ur comment.
I respect broo, let me maintain the topic.

Am happy you do not accept the church obligations.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 3:32pm On Nov 13, 2012
truthislight:

why not spill it out?

It could be clearer but that takes much of time, because more scriptures are linked.
I spend very few time with my pc, a full time mother. U know what i mean grin grin
But i enjoy following up, drop one or two contributions if be it.

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 4:06pm On Nov 13, 2012
seriallink:

It's clearly written in Rev. 1:19 that all the events are for the future & not past prophecies, so I don't agree with whoever is interpreting the prophecies and relating them to the birth of Jesus Christ. Or are you guys saying after Jesus's ascension another prophecy of his birthday was revealed to John? *Smh for una!

I'll post the interpretations I read somewhere so you can see, at least that was interpreted precepts upon precepts with scripture interpreting scripture.

HERE YOU GO:
Edit: This is one of the interpretations by : B.L. Cocherell

Click here to read the article

This one is by Pastor A. M. Mathew. The article is long, but I'll advise you guys should cool down & go through it carefully.

Click here to read the article

Yes you have to keep SYH until the message pump into the minds of all grin grin
You are making alot of sense with the bolds, i think John recored these events, preserving them for the servants of Jesus Christ.
For Christ end-time Church. This will get nothing to do with Christ birth that was already passed/known in the scripture.
Revelation reveals future events before they happen, it describes soon coming terrible plagues, truly earth shaking wonders we have withnessed.
Most of the Things reveals in Rvelations are manifesting in our eyes, some have manifested and some are yet to be manifested.
Jesus gave this Revelation because this world must be warned while there is still time!

Take heed. if we do, we can escape them (Luke 21:36). Luke 21:36
36 Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man.”

3 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by truthislight: 4:45pm On Nov 13, 2012
plappville:

It could be clearer but that takes much of time, because more scriptures are linked.
I spend very few time with my pc, a full time mother. U know what i mean grin grin
But i enjoy following up, drop one or two contributions if be it.

you are doing quite well.

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 5:10pm On Nov 13, 2012
Ubenedictus: i have been talking it seems you didnt notice.
"the church has failed" that one isnt talking about the assembly (ecclesia) of christ right? My bible says d gates of hell cannot prevail!
Since its a heavenly vision(Rev12:1),the woman is entirely of heaven.neither Mary/the nation of Israel have this position.
2.After the woman bore the man-child,she fled into the wilderness.if we likened this woman to the nation of Israel and the child been Christ who was caught up to the throne,it does not correspond with the actual facts.long before Christ ascended the nation of Israel was gone....its impossible for the woman to be a reference to the nation of Israel.there is even less of a basis to refer to her as a Mary.
4.after the man-child was caught up unto God,there was a proclamations in heaven(Rev12:10).we know that this has not yet been accomplished.Ephesains6 tells us that the church on earth must still battle with the rulers,authorities and forces of evil from the heavenlies.since this portion of scripture has not yet occurred,its impossible for it to be a reference to the time of Jesus..........
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by PastorAIO: 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
So the man child that rules the nations with a rod of iron is not Jesus! Okay, maybe it is the church. Check out this interpretation:

The woman is Israel. She (judaism) gives birth to Christianity. she has to flee to the desert (ie Israel gets scattered). The Child goes on to rule the world with a rod of Iron, ie The Church goes on to become the state religion of Rome which is the ruler of the known world at that time. The church of the Roman empire is therefore to be identified as the child.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 6:36pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: So the man child that rules the nations with a rod of iron is not Jesus! Okay, maybe it is the church. Check out this interpretation:

The woman is Israel. She (judaism) gives birth to Christianity. she has to flee to the desert (ie Israel gets scattered). The Child goes on to rule the world with a rod of Iron, ie The Church goes on to become the state religion of Rome which is the ruler of the known world at that time. The church of the Roman empire is therefore to be identified as the child.

Nope. Will explain later. Gotta run right now. But this is wrong.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by PastorAIO: 6:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Maybe the child is Islam. I'll come back with the back up arguments later.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did Biblical Kings David And Solomon Actually Exist / Frosbel Let's Discuss Christianity / D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.