Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,297 members, 7,839,463 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 07:52 PM

Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. (6136 Views)

Shocking! Pregnant Teenage Girl Claims To Be Carrying The Child Of Jesus (photo) / Jesus Has No Sword In His Mouth. Understanding Revelation 1:16 And 2:16 / Is Michael The Archangel Really Jesus? (revelation 12:7) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by DevotedOne(m): 9:55pm On Nov 13, 2012
Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

Hmmmmm... I thought that these were the end times. So, you all have a lot of time eh? I stopped playing a long time ago.

See this muslim dey show himself

We are taking our time never mind, the OP is hiding from the truth, do not think we do not know who the child is.
plappville

Peace. DevotedOne
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 10:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: So the man child that rules the nations with a rod of iron is not Jesus! Okay, maybe it is the church. Check out this interpretation:

The woman is Israel. She (judaism) gives birth to Christianity. she has to flee to the desert (ie Israel gets scattered). The Child goes on to rule the world with a rod of Iron, ie The Church goes on to become the state religion of Rome which is the ruler of the known world at that time. The church of the Roman empire is therefore to be identified as the child.

Chineke mo..... grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 10:52pm On Nov 13, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

Hmmmmm... I thought that these were the end times. So, you all have a lot of time eh? I stopped playing a long time ago.

plappville

Peace. DevotedOne

Ma brother stay tuned with us!! grin
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 10:54pm On Nov 13, 2012
Pastor AIO: Maybe the child is Islam. I'll come back with the back up arguments later.

Make sure you hold the hadith and koran close to you as ur backup tools grin grin grin
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 11:07pm On Nov 13, 2012
i.chuka:

Since its a heavenly vision(Rev12:1),the woman is entirely of heaven.neither Mary/ the nation of Israel have this position.
2.After the woman bore the man-child,she fled into the wilderness.if we likened this woman to the nation of Israel and the child been Christ who was caught up to the throne,it does not correspond with the actual facts.long before Christ ascended the nation of Israel was gone....its impossible for the woman to be a reference to the nation of Israel.there is even less of a basis to refer to her as a Mary.
4.after the man-child was caught up unto God,there was a proclamations in heaven(Rev12:10).we know that this has not yet been accomplished.Ephesains6 tells us that the church on earth must still battle with the rulers,authorities and forces of evil from the heavenlies.since this portion of scripture has not yet occurred,its impossible for it to be a reference to the time of Jesus..........

Can you please join this thread? i do not want to divert bro Ubene's thread.
I had love more serious prophecy scholars to go through an contribute in his/her best ability.
Share with otherswhat you know, in Christ service.

Note: ur name will be in my topic.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:16pm On Nov 14, 2012
seriallink:

Sorry to disappoint you brah, Revelation 1:19 doesn't agree with your past prophecies & second birth of Christ analysis. I do not agree either.

Did you bother going through the links I posted? I bet, they aren't important to you because even if we argue for a billion years, you'll never accept the truth. You are not a truth seeker, all you are trying to do is defend your mary's 'Queen of Heaven' title which is unscriptural.

You only want to hear that the man-child is Christ so that you can conclude that the woman is Mary. So, there is no point arguing with you over this issue. Shikena
i thought u wrote earlier that u agreed with obadiah?? Abi na 2 seriallink dey here?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:23pm On Nov 14, 2012
obadiah777: oh you are looking for a specific passage that says the woman is israel ? well dunno if i can find any but the 12 stars represent the 12 tribes of israel.
the woman is crowned with 12 stars, 12 can also refer to the 12 apostles.

rev 12 did not say she wasnt harmed. it says she fled into the wilderness. i am sure you dont expect them to go into specifics about who survived and who got killed. those who survived ran into the wilderness. wink stop splitting hairs lol
nah, nah, nah, i'm not splitting hairs, vs 6 doesnt mention that the woman was touched by the dragon, and i cant find a biblical passage where the woman who is israel gives birth to the messiah!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:27pm On Nov 14, 2012
DevotedOne: Bismillaah ir Rahmaan ir Rahiim In The Name of Allah, The All Compassionate, The All Merciful. As salaamu alaykum, The Peace Be Upon You Everyone.

Who Is The Child? The one whom strives for the anointing; the initiated Christ (Logos). I would suppose that the following books are not one hundred percent accurate, but they're notable the best of their kind, that's available today: ~ Page 154 of this book begins Revelation 12;

The Apocalypse Unsealed

Sermon on the Mount

Man - unregenerate

The Regenerate Man

Salaam/Peace. DevotedOne

salam devotedone, thanks for your contribution.
Pax
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 10:29pm On Nov 14, 2012
plappville:

We are talking about the Holy City of God, the Tabernacle of God and Heavenly Jerusalem, is literally heaven on earth.

It is referred to in several scrituressadIsaiah 52:1, Galatians 4:26, Hebrews 11:10, 12:22-24, reve 21)and more.

Hebrews 13:14
14 For here we have no lasting city, but we seek the city that is to come.

The new Jerusalem.
so the city of God that is yet to come gave birth to a male child who would rule with a rode of iron?
Please shed more light!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:11pm On Nov 14, 2012
i.chuka:
^^The Woman in Gen3(Eve) is a shadow of the Woman in Revelation12.
Both have nothing to do with the nation of Israel,Mary and our Lord Jesus directly.
gen 3:15, doesnt exactly seem to be talking about eve!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:42pm On Nov 14, 2012
i.chuka:

Since its a heavenly vision(Rev12:1),the woman is entirely of heaven.neither Mary/the nation of Israel have this position.
vs 1 can actually be literally interpreted as "a sign appeared in the sky". It doesnt necessary imply that the sign must still be in d sky, it is a portent and can refer to anything.
2.After the woman bore the man-child,she fled into the wilderness.if we likened this woman to the nation of Israel and the child been Christ who was caught up to the throne,it does not correspond with the actual facts.long before Christ ascended the nation of Israel was gone....its impossible for the woman to be a reference to the nation of Israel.there is even less of a basis to refer to her as a Mary.
wish to go futhur pls?
4.after the man-child was caught up unto God,there was a proclamations in heaven(Rev12:10).we know that this has not yet been accomplished.Ephesains6 tells us that the church on earth must still battle with the rulers,authorities and forces of evil from the heavenlies.since this portion of scripture has not yet occurred,its impossible for it to be a reference to the time of Jesus..........
you certainly have a way of interpreting scriptures, but i will let my objections slide.
You have shown or tried to show why the woman isnt israel or mary nor is d child Jesus.
Since u have presented an arguement 4 what the child and the woman isnt, can you please tell who they are?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:43pm On Nov 14, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Nope. Will explain later. Gotta run right now. But this is wrong.
waiting...
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 11:44pm On Nov 14, 2012
Pastor AIO: Maybe the child is Islam. I'll come back with the back up arguments later.
now i need some popcorn!
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by plappville(f): 1:17am On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: so the city of God that is yet to come gave birth to a male child who would rule with a rode of iron?
Please shed more light!

My brother why looking at one scripture and then conclude? because you see rule with a rod of iron you just believe, oh no this can't fit any but Christ only
of course you are right, but you didnt dig deeper. Christ made it clear by himself here;

He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he (the over-comer) shall rule them (the nations) with a rod of iron (Rev. 2.26-27) Do you no know?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:43am On Nov 15, 2012
plappville:

My brother why looking at one scripture and then conclude? because you see rule with a rod of iron you just believe, oh no this can't fit any but Christ only
of course you are right, but you didnt dig deeper. Christ made it clear by himself here;

He that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations: And he (the over-comer) shall rule them (the nations) with a rod of iron (Rev. 2.26-27) Do you no know?
what about scripture ref. to show us that the "overcomer" is caught up to the throne of God. Besides d post u quoted doesnt have a "conclusion" i said "pls shed more light" does that sound like a conclusion?
Ok, the point u are making is that d city of God yet to come gave birth to an overcomer who was caught up to God's throne (i'm waiting 4 d remaining ref.)
thanks
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by truthislight: 9:56am On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: what about scripture ref. to show us that the "overcomer" is caught up to the throne of God. Besides d post u quoted doesnt have a "conclusion" i said "pls shed more light" does that sound like a conclusion?
Ok, the point u are making is that d city of God yet to come gave birth to an overcomer who was caught up to God's throne (i'm waiting 4 d remaining ref.)
thanks

since this is a sybolic statement,
the woman taken to the wilderness means that the woman and her child were taken to a place where the dragon cannot harm them.

The heavenly Jeruselam that is Yahweh heavenly organization is the source(mother) that produce the new Jerusalem that christ and others that conquer will join him christ to rule the nations with a rod of iron.

This child is the government that will over throw satan govenment that is ruling the earth right now and as such satan is determine to destroy it.

This new Jerusalem is coming down from heavenly Jeruselam (the mother/woman)

it is this same new Jerusalem that Jesus said we should pray: thy kingdom come" and christ is the king.

The term spiritual is Israel Is a reference to the royal priest hood and co rulers with CHRIST.

They are bought from among mankind to rule with christ.

This are the formation of the rulers:

"And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not worshipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years." (Revelation 20:4).

"Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years." (Revelation 20:6).

since this are to rule and judge it means their are other set of people that they will rule and judge over.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 12:29pm On Nov 15, 2012
Just read some of the comments (mostly on the first and last page). Not certain I fit here. But I already committed to explaining so I will with as much brevity as courtesy can allow and retreat to the sidelines.

Like i.chuka said, the man-child is representative of a group. He was not entirely right though in the "destroying the works of Satan before the second coming of Christ" part.

The group is also called "firstfruits". They aren't necessarily more special than every other Christian. They're just those who pursue Christ relentlessly regardless the cost. They are the "servant found doing as his master commanded" when He returns. They're the ones who "loved not their lives to the end". Members of this group are the full maturity of what Christianity is in potential.

Every Christian is born (speaking of the New Birth, of course) with the vast potential of Christ. But not all will actualize it. Some will waste it, some will invest it with enormous profits in return. According to the returns will be the reward. And the reward in view is the Throne of God.

Even the "least of the saints" belongs by right of birth in that Throne. But exercise of that right will vary according to maturity. And, like I have said, not all Christians will reach full maturity. A great many will not care about it, but the relatively few will and these few are those who will exercise all the rights of the Throne of which we speak. These few are represented by the man-child, the hundred and forty-four thousand (a symbolic number) on Mount Zion (another prophetic symbol) with the Lamb.

This man-child is the reason the Church has been on earth since Jesus went back to the Father. The Church is here to produce "him". Once she has and "he" has been caught up to God, the time of the end will come into glaring view and Satan will go berserk. The rest of the Church hang around to ripen under the onslaught of the "man of lawlessness".

When they have, the earth will be reaped again and the days of wrath will follow.

I don't see any need to go on and I might have exceeded substantially the "brevity" I had in mind. Summary: the woman is "the assembly of called-out ones" a.k.a the heavenly Jerusalem, the mother of all Christians; the man-child is the group of full-grown, "matured" Christians, those who kept their lamps burning; the "rest of her descendants" (AMP) are the well, er, foolish (not my word o, Jesus's) Christians who played truant during school.

smiley

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 1:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi: Just read some of the comments (mostly on the first and last page). Not certain I fit here. But I already committed to explaining so I will with as much brevity as courtesy can allow and retreat to the sidelines.

Like i.chuka said, the man-child is representative of a group. He was not entirely right though in the "destroying the works of Satan before the second coming of Christ" part.

The group is also called "firstfruits". They aren't necessarily more special than every other Christian. They're just those who pursue Christ relentlessly regardless the cost. They are the "servant found doing as his master commanded" when He returns. They're the ones who "loved not their lives to the end". Members of this group are the full maturity of what Christianity is in potential.

Every Christian is born (speaking of the New Birth, of course) with the vast potential of Christ. But not all will actualize it. Some will waste it, some will invest it with enormous profits in return. According to the returns will be the reward. And the reward in view is the Throne of God.

Even the "least of the saints" belongs by right of birth in that Throne. But exercise of that right will vary according to maturity. And, like I have said, not all Christians will reach full maturity. A great many will not care about it, but the relatively few will and these few are those who will exercise all the rights of the Throne of which we speak. These few are represented by the man-child, the hundred and forty-four thousand (a symbolic number) on Mount Zion (another prophetic symbol) with the Lamb.

This man-child is the reason the Church has been on earth since Jesus went back to the Father. The Church is here to produce "him". Once she has and "he" has been caught up to God, the time of the end will come into glaring view and Satan will go berserk. The rest of the Church hang around to ripen under the onslaught of the "man of lawlessness".

When they have, the earth will be reaped again and the days of wrath will follow.

I don't see any need to go on and I might have exceeded substantially the "brevity" I had in mind. Summary: the woman is "the assembly of called-out ones" a.k.a the heavenly Jerusalem, the mother of all Christians; the man-child is the group of full-grown, "matured" Christians, those who kept their lamps burning; the "rest of her descendants" (AMP) are the well, er, foolish (not my word o, Jesus's) Christians who played truant during school.
smiley
this sounds a lot more consistent in interpretation.
It has problems though, rev 12:17 says "the the dragon was angry with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear the testimony of Jesus.... That doesnt tally with your idea that the other ones are "foolish christians".
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 2:15pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: this sounds a lot more consistent in interpretation.
It has problems though, rev 12:17 says "the the dragon was angry with the woman and went off to make war on the rest of her offspring, on those who keep the commandments of God and bear the testimony of Jesus.... That doesnt tally with your idea that the other ones are "foolish christians".

Actually it does, the five foolish virgins were no less virgins for their foolishness.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Ubenedictus(m): 2:52pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ihedinobi:

Actually it does, the five foolish virgins were no less virgins for their foolishness.
hahaha.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 7:53pm On Nov 15, 2012
Ubenedictus: hahaha.

Na wa o, why you de laff me na? sad
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 12:31pm On Nov 16, 2012
Ubenedictus:
You have shown or tried to show why the woman isnt israel or mary nor is d child Jesus.
Since u have presented an arguement 4 what the child and the woman isnt, can you please tell who they are?

Bros,me don talk who the Woman and the Man Child be,wetin you want me 2talk again nah?
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by ichuka(m): 1:25pm On Nov 16, 2012
[quote author=Ihedinobi]Just read some of the comments (mostly on the first and last page). Not certain I fit here. But I already committed to explaining so I will with as much brevity as courtesy can allow and retreat to the sidelines.

smiley[/quote

Bro, who else will destroy the works of Satan apart from the Man child.
Christ is not coming back to destroy destroy any satanic work again in His second coming but to reign.He has done His part,the rest is left for us His Church.
But since the Church has failed,God is calling forth a group of believers to stand as a representive for the Church against His enemy Satan.He is calling forth you and I to stand in place of the whole church,though the Church will get the full credit.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 16, 2012
^^ I think I've explained this a bit more on plappville's thread. Anyhow . . .

The works of Satan have already been destroyed. The Church is here as a witness to that. Every display of power from Satan is essentially subject to the counsels of the Lord in agreement with His Church.
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by PastorAIO: 1:33pm On Nov 18, 2012
obadiah777: FOR EXAMPLE, A FEW DAYS AGO A VERSE WAS QUOTED REVELATION 12 VS 5 And she brought forth a man child, who was to rule all nations with a rod of iron: and her child was caught up unto God, and to his throne.

NATURALLY PEOPLE GAVE DIFFERENT ANSWERS AS TO WHOM THE MAN-CHILD WAS. THEY WERE COMING OUT OF THEIR OWN VAIN OPINIONS. BUT IF THEY HAD GONE PRECEPT FOR PRECEPT IN THE BIBLE ( OF COURSE THIS IS DIFFICULT AND REQUIRES KNOWING THE ENTIRE BIBLE ), THEN THEY WOULD HAVE FOUND OUT WHO THE MAN CHILD WAS

REVELATION 19 VS 5 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND LORD OF LORDS

THE COMMON THREAD IN THE PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT BEING >>> HE SHALL RULE ALL NATIONS WITH A ROD OF IRON. and with that we know the man child is the king of kings and lord of lords >>>>CHRIST

https://www.nairaland.com/1106564/does-each-bible-text-fixed

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 1:53pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

https://www.nairaland.com/1106564/does-each-bible-text-fixed
HEHE THANKS PASTOR AIO FOR MERGING BOTH POINTS AND BRINGING IT TO A RESOUNDING CONCLUSION
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by PastorAIO: 2:22pm On Nov 18, 2012
obadiah777: HEHE THANKS PASTOR AIO FOR MERGING BOTH POINTS AND BRINGING IT TO A RESOUNDING CONCLUSION

I was actually developing some alternative interpretation then I saw your post. I couldn't continue any further after that. However I am sure that there are some die-hards that will continue to contest in order to safeguard their own agendas.

Their own agendas? Well all the running around that we have been doing is merely about one simple fact. Nothing to do with the Man Child at all, but rather his mother. Once you've established that the Roman Catholic church is an Evil, Pagan cult that wrongly worships (or honours) Mary, then that will affect the way you interpret the passage. It would appear that the passage has an elevated view of the mother of the Manchild. If the manchild is Christ then that means that Mary is being elevated in the bible. That just won't do.

I thank God for this thread cos it serves as a good example of the common ailment amongst christians of biblical Eisegesis.

2 Likes

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

I was actually developing some alternative interpretation then I saw your post. I couldn't continue any further after that. However I am sure that there are some die-hards that will continue to contest in order to safeguard their own agendas.

Their own agendas? Well all the running around that we have been doing is merely about one simple fact. Nothing to do with the Man Child at all, but rather his mother. Once you've established that the Roman Catholic church is an Evil, Pagan cult that wrongly worships (or honours) Mary, then that will affect the way you interpret the passage. It would appear that the passage has an elevated view of the mother of the Manchild. If the manchild is Christ then that means that Mary is being elevated in the bible. That just won't do.

I thank God for this thread cos it serves as a good example of the common ailment amongst christians of biblical Eisegesis.
PROVERBS 27 VS 17 Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend SCRIPTURE SAYS WHERE TWO OR MORE ARE GATHERED IN MY NAME, ALBEIT VIRTUALLY, THERE WILL I BE. WE ARE IN CHURCH BRAH AND WE ALL LEARN FROM EACH OTHER.
THE WOMAN CAN ALSO BE MAPPED OUT USING PRECEPT UPON PRECEPT AND AS YOU RIGHTLY ALLUDED TO, ITS NOT MARY. MARY WORSHIP IS ROMAN CATHOLIC PAGAN TRADITION. QUEEN OF HEAVEN WORSHIP

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 18, 2012
@Pastor AIO & Buzugee,

Infact this thread was created to justify Mary's worship & her 'Queen of Heaven' title. It wasn't created to seek truth! Thank God you guys saw it! *Smh*

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 5:13pm On Nov 18, 2012
seriallink: @Pastor AIO & Buzugee,

Infact this thread was created to justify Mary's worship & her 'Queen of Heaven' title. It wasn't created to seek truth! Thank God you guys saw it! *Smh*
YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR TUNE HAVENT YOU grin grin MR 'IT CANT BE JESUS' grin grin SERIOUSLY THOUGH, I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A HIDDEN MOTIVE BEHIND IT. I JUST THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS GENUINELY CURIOUS ABOUT THE QUESTION. I TRY NOT TO READ PEOPLES MOTIVES AND JUST APPROACH QUESTIONS 'AS IS '
Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by PastorAIO: 6:07pm On Nov 18, 2012
obadiah777: YOU HAVE CHANGED YOUR TUNE HAVENT YOU grin grin MR 'IT CANT BE JESUS' grin grin SERIOUSLY THOUGH, I DID NOT EVEN KNOW THERE WAS A HIDDEN MOTIVE BEHIND IT. I JUST THOUGHT SOMEONE WAS GENUINELY CURIOUS ABOUT THE QUESTION. I TRY NOT TO READ PEOPLES MOTIVES AND JUST APPROACH QUESTIONS 'AS IS '

My interest is in the 'it can't be Jesus' impulse. Why so vehemently against it being Jesus? I think we can learn a lot about ourselves and the ways we reason if we consider this.

Is interpretation possible without context? There is always a context. Therefore the context (of which an agenda is part of the context) comes first and then the necessary interpretations follow it.

Why were many adamant that the manchild cannot be Jesus?

Is it because it didn't sound like Jesus in anyway? Or is it because it missed certain key criteria? Or is there a hidden motive behind it?

1 Like

Re: Revelation 12, Who Is The Child. by Nobody: 6:28pm On Nov 18, 2012
Pastor AIO:

My interest is in the 'it can't be Jesus' impulse. Why so vehemently against it being Jesus? I think we can learn a lot about ourselves and the ways we reason if we consider this.

Is interpretation possible without context? There is always a context. Therefore the context (of which an agenda is part of the context) comes first and then the necessary interpretations follow it.

Why were many adamant that the manchild cannot be Jesus?

Is it because it didn't sound like Jesus in anyway? Or is it because it missed certain key criteria? Or is there a hidden motive behind it?

VERY STRONG POINTS. PERSONALLY I CANNOT UNDERSTAND THE THOUGHT PROCESS OF THESE PEOPLE TOO. MAYBE AN EGO THING. LIKE I MYSELF, I WILL NEVER HAVE AN OPINION ON ANYTHING I AM NOT 100 PERCENT SURE ABOUT. ANY TOPICS THAT I FEEL I AM NOT STRONG IN, LIKE WHEN PLAETTON AND MARTIAN AND CO START DISCUSSING COSMIC TOPICS, I STAY AWAY CUZ I DONT KNOW WHAT THE HECK THEY ARE TALKING ABOUT. I THINK SOME PEOPLE JUST DISAGREE JUST TO DISAGREE. I PERSONALLY, I HAVE PUT IN THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF HOURS IN UNDERSTANDING THE BIBLE AND LISTENING TO STREET PROPHETS WHO SPEAK HEBREW AND READ THE ORIGINAL TEXT. WHEN IT COMES TO THE BIBLE, I CAN CONFIDENTLY SAY I KNOW MY STUFF. I THINK THIS KIND OF CONFIDENCE PISSES A LOT OF PEOPLE OFF AND THEY DISAGREE WITH YOU BECAUSE THEY ARE TIRED OF HEARING YOUR OPINIONS. BUT HEY ? I HAVE STUDIED TO SHOW MYSELF APPROVED. THIS IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE ARE SUPPOSED TO DO AS FOLLOWERS OF THE LORD. YOU HAVE TO BE A MASTER OF THE WORD. SO MANY FOLKS SEE THAT AS ARROGANCE. I DONT KNOW grin grin ITS ALL LOVE THOUGH.

POINT BEING SOME DISAGREE JUST TO DISAGREE. OTHERS ? MAYBE IT DOES NOT GO WITH THEIR PRE-CONCEIVED DOCTRINE AND SOME PEOPLE ARE NOT HUMBLE ENOUGH TO RELEARN MISTAKES THEY HAVE HELD ON TO FROM CHILDHOOD.

ME MYSELF, WHEN I CAME INTO THIS THING, I WAS HUMBLE ENOUGH TO DISCARD EVERYTHING I HAD BEEN TAUGHT SINCE CHILDHOOD IN CHURCH BECAUSE I FOUND OUT IT WAS ALL GARBAGE. NOT ONE SINGLE THING WAS CORRECT.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Frosbel Let's Discuss Christianity / Did Biblical Kings David And Solomon Actually Exist / What Percentage Of The World's Population Does The Atheists Constitute?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.