Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,857 members, 7,810,286 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:32 AM

Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? (16761 Views)

What Becomes Of Kids In Orphanages When They Grow Up? / 20 Things You Must Teach Your Children Before They Grow Up / How & Why Do Siblings Fall Apart? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by anintia(m): 8:57am On Nov 13, 2012
its called levels
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by onyiekene: 9:16am On Nov 13, 2012
if one is married,he/she starts up a new family and d attention is now directed to wife n kids.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by Richard6(m): 11:14am On Nov 13, 2012
Some people don't even understand what am saying here. I never said we don't call or visit but you all know that the closeness diminishes as they grow older, so let's stop diverting. I asked why?
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by UjSizzle(f): 11:45am On Nov 13, 2012
Richard.:
Some people don't even understand what am saying here. I never said we don't call or visit but you all know that the closeness diminishes as they grow older, so let's stop diverting. I asked why?
and we're saying they become involved with other people, so affection is somewhat shared.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by Nobody: 12:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Richard.:

They now have different paths to follow.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpia1: 1:13pm On Nov 13, 2012
Richard.:

Ask your siblings.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by Beync(f): 1:23pm On Nov 13, 2012
It seems your mum and dad were the only people that brings you together when they were alive.
I feel your pains. I encourage to just reach out to ur siblings if possible remind them of the old sweet days and how you wish
the family rejuvenate that closeness you people once enjoyed.
however bear in mind that as things are changing so people are also changing,so if they pay you less attention don't be surprise.
Today people are so busy to the extent that they pay less attention to more important things u know, so don't feel too bad. rather, make good friends
and or join a good organization where you can find good company and feel loved again.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by Wallie(m): 1:51pm On Nov 13, 2012
mctemmy: Must you display your gnorance and foolishness on every thread am sorry you are not too endowed upstairs what's the meaning of this rubbish

Whoever the hell you are, get off my joystick and stop following me around! Are you telling with all the girls around you can't find any to follow around? Hoaassnigga!
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by Input(m): 4:49pm On Nov 13, 2012
To me,siblings get more closer as they grow older.

I can still recall how I used to dislike my eldest sister for always giving me home work after school when am supposed to be outside playing with other kids.

How me and my immediate sister used to quarrel and even fight sometimes over trivial issues.

How I used to be forming boss over our last born all because am the only male.

But now all those are over,I even feel like crying sometimes when my immediate sister will just call me to say she just paid some money into my account for school upkeep,I regret all those days of fighting with her.Now the 4 of us are stonger and closer.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tetranine: 6:06am On Nov 14, 2012
I think where such things happen is when one or two of the siblings is not financially Ok.Dey feel inferior which breeds resentment while d others feels dat thet re burden to them.I think d remedy for dat is for all sibling to be financially independent so that one can call d other without d other thinking dat he is calling to beg for some cash
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpia5: 7:12pm On Jan 04, 2014
@simple:
This is a good and reasonable question, but some of u answered it any how or make an unguided statement. SIBLINS go apart while growing up owing to many factors.1. strive: As they grow up compitation for who to be honoured by parebts and people around. and this common when the boys are following one another closely in age.
2. Parents: some parents give preferancial treatment to their children and this brought envy.
3. wivies. 90% of problem in
families are caused by women.
my brother just pray that will restor the first love. It is better heard than to experience.

Hmmm
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by OdenigboAroli(m): 11:58am On Jan 05, 2014
My siblings makes me wanna knock somebody out! My youngest sister who is the last is very saucy and disrespectful. She makes snide remarks to my newly wedded wife. Everybody in my family hates me because I didn't sacrifice my life so that they can become well off before I start pursuing my goals. A day to my wedding I almost wrecked a havoc in that house and they threatened to boycott my wedding and I dared them and they backed down. Nigerians are selfish and always want to manipulate and exploit someone. Tufuakwa!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpiah2: 11:06pm On Aug 13, 2015
tpia1:
Were they friendly and close before?

If they werent then why expect some magical change into what they never were to begin with.

Besides, people get older, have new interests, start dating, working, etc etc.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpiah2: 11:08pm On Aug 13, 2015
Richard6:

its called growing up.

You don't stay children forever.

as you get older and your parents aren't expected to be the ones keeping the peace all the time (through discipline, scolding, etc), you find maturity (or immaturity) carries a lot of responsibility which may set you at loggerheads with one another.

However, its important for parents to remind their kids to stay focused so your enemies don't use you to destroy the family.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpiander: 11:05am On Oct 12, 2015
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by tpiander: 11:07am On Oct 12, 2015
people who take pictures of themselves as grown siblings with no other people in sight, isn't that something of an abomination in Nigerian culture? ??

I could be wrong, but it's as if you're saying your family is limited to you and your siblings alone.

you're supposed to also indicate you have your own family, in addition to your extended family.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by josite: 12:39pm On Jan 23, 2016
this is the most intelligent issue raised on nairaland.i thank you.this is what you must do.the maturity and the love those ahead of you are no more showing,you start doing it towards them unrelentlessly and i promise u it will eventually yiled great results.bless u.
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by LaRoyalHighness(f): 3:16pm On Jan 23, 2016
Never been close to my siblings.. E no concern me now
Re: Why Do Siblings Become Less Friendly When They Grow? by vickydevoka(m): 6:24am On Apr 26, 2021
neversaynever:
I think it comes with maturity, it comes when guys starts having girlfriends and girls having responsibilities, one having things going for him/her while the other doesn't and starts feeling inferior and having low self esteem, it doesn't happen to all though, i'm a victim too and i think about it too, sometimes i think i'm harsh...it's not easy though but you have to create a balance, you might not be as close as before but still show that you care.
BTW, change is permanent.
This is just de answer. Wen one works with shell and de others seating at home. Mean while de other that works with shell happens to be first born and got married in other to shove u guys away. U can never be close to him unless u miraculously become rich

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Is Getting Difficult To Have Good Family / "Stop Congratulating Men For Taking Care Of Their Children " - Lady Argues / Will You Still Marry A Man Whose Mother Hates You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.