Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,089 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? (18673 Views)

Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / Men Can You Do This For Your Wife Or Girlfriend? Photo / Will You Allow Your Wife Use intimacy gadgets When You Are Away? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 12, 2012
trent9002: Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes! Yes!

cool
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Jallowbalde: 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siena...I was talking about ALLERGIES, not lotions containing things that can cause risks over time. ALLERGIES. Allergies is something that you will see very quickly, it does not take years.
If you have an allergic reaction to something, and you get medicine, you wont get any long-term damage, no.

And, sorry to say, I find that most women dont give a damn what they put on their skin, as long asit makes them "younger, more dark, more white", whatever they are looking for.
Instead, women should drink much water, eat healthy and balanced, be active, and use products as natural as possible.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 7:43pm On Nov 12, 2012
Guys and their love for female bosoms is non-explainable ! Jeez!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Sweetlemon(f): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
My older sister has breast fed 3 babies and her breasts are still as eye catching as ever so I don't get what some people are rambling here
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Wallie(m): 7:45pm On Nov 12, 2012
It is funny seeing all these people that have never had intimacy commenting! I bet they're the types that go to the swimming pool and stand at attention! grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 7:46pm On Nov 12, 2012
Sweetlemon: My older sister has breast fed 3 babies and her breasts are still as eye catching as ever so I don't get what some people are rambling here

a pictorial evidence would convince us......
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by blingg: 7:47pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siena:

Lol. A reduction and "uplift" is quite different from getting a silicone or saline implant. Not as drastic, with a much shorter recovery period. I find it hard to believe a guy would love breasticles that resemble empty tobacco pouches. cheesy

that is very wrong, i am a plastic surgeon a reduction and uplift is a longer procedure with a higher chance and more scarring due to the T shaped cut, a regular implant takes me 45 minutes and actually safer, the newer ones actually last a lifetime like the natrelle gummy bear implants, people are just very ignorant as to how these procedures are done!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by onyxo76(m): 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
shymexx: I don't mind saggy bosoms as long as the batty is massive..

Saggy, or firm bosoms - the same shyte, different appearance... grin
same for me. You must have listened to sir mixx a lot back in da days.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 12, 2012
Siena:

Jallow, you kill me, really, you do. Test on a small portion of skin. I laugh in Silicone. So you reckon a few hours is enough to check for skin reaction / compatibility with a cream, which may contain Mercury? I thought you said you were a smart alec? A Carcinogen could take weeks, or even months to cause any health complications.

Mercury is a carcinogen? Do you have a source for this info? Did you know there is mercury in fish and some types of fish have higher levels of mercury than others? I hope you don't eat any fish cos you know you're absorbing those "carcinogens" straight from your gut into your bloodstream if you do!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by greatgod2012(f): 7:53pm On Nov 12, 2012
I think it depends on d individual concerned, we need to respect our opinons, what i like, someone else may not like it, and dt does not mean i will not respect d person's opinion. Personally, i dont think i can do it and i dont think my hubby can like it either, but that does not mean dt those who like it are selfish or all that, but i believe in mutual understanding as regards d matter. If d husband like it and d wife does not, i think d man do not have d right to force or coerce his wiffy, he should be able to respect her opinion, afteall, marriage is suppose to be for better, for worse, so if this is d worse dt d man will have to endure with his wife, so be it. Above all, lets make ourselves and our spouse happy with d decision we take as regards our marriage. May God help us all.
@ coogar, siena and others who like it, if ur wives is in agreement with u over it, then, no cause for alarm, but dt does not mean dt, we that do not like it are not sincere, its only about "personal interest".
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by greatgod2012(f): 7:54pm On Nov 12, 2012
I think it depends on d individual concerned, we need to respect our opinons, what i like, someone else may not like it, and dt does not mean i will not respect d person's opinion. Personally, i dont think i can do it and i dont think my hubby can like it either, but that does not mean dt those who like it are selfish or all that, but i believe in mutual understanding as regards d matter. If d husband like it and d wife does not, i think d man do not have d right to force or coerce his wiffy, he should be able to respect her opinion, afteall, marriage is suppose to be for better, for worse, so if this is d worse dt d man will have to endure with his wife, so be it. Above all, lets make ourselves and our spouse happy with d decision we take as regards our marriage. May God help us all.
@ coogar, siena and others who like it, if ur wives is in agreement with u over it, then, no cause for alarm, but dt does not mean dt, we that do not like it are not sincere, its only about "personal interest".
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Wallie(m): 7:55pm On Nov 12, 2012
ileobatojo:

Mercury is a carcinogen? Do you have a source for this info? Did you know there is mercury in fish and some types of fish have higher levels of mercury than others? I hope you don't eat any fish cos you know you're absorbing those "carcinogens" straight from your gut into your bloodstream if you do!

This is the reason pregnant women are supposed to stay away from eating certain types of fish especially big ones that would have lived longer to absorb more mercury.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 7:56pm On Nov 12, 2012
greatgod2012: I think it depends on d individual concerned, we need to respect our opinons, what i like, someone else may not like it, and dt does not mean i will not respect d person's opinion. Personally, i dont think i can do it and i dont think my hubby can like it either, but that does not mean dt those who like it are selfish or all that, but i believe in mutual understanding as regards d matter. If d husband like it and d wife does not, i think d man do not have d right to force or coerce his wiffy, he should be able to respect her opinion, afteall, marriage is suppose to be for better, for worse, so if this is d worse dt d man will have to endure with his wife, so be it. Above all, lets make ourselves and our spouse happy with d decision we take as regards our marriage. May God help us all.

you have spoken well......
the pro-silicone boöbs crew were calm about it until the anti-silicone crew called us "artificial" bats!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Wallie(m): 7:58pm On Nov 12, 2012
ileobatojo:

2004 EPA and FDA Advice For:
Women Who Might Become Pregnant
Women Who are Pregnant
Nursing Mothers
Young Children

Fish and shellfish are an important part of a healthy diet. Fish and shellfish contain high-quality protein and other essential nutrients, are low in saturated fat, and contain omega-3 fatty acids. A well-balanced diet that includes a variety of fish and shellfish can contribute to heart health and children's proper growth and development. So, women and young children in particular should include fish or shellfish in their diets due to the many nutritional benefits.

However, nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of mercury. For most people, the risk from mercury by eating fish and shellfish is not a health concern. Yet, some fish and shellfish contain higher levels of mercury that may harm an unborn baby or young child's developing nervous system. The risks from mercury in fish and shellfish depend on the amount of fish and shellfish eaten and the levels of mercury in the fish and shellfish. Therefore, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are advising women who may become pregnant, pregnant women, nursing mothers, and young children to avoid some types of fish and eat fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury.

By following these 3 recommendations for selecting and eating fish or shellfish, women and young children will receive the benefits of eating fish and shellfish and be confident that they have reduced their exposure to the harmful effects of mercury.

Do not eat Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel, or Tilefish because they contain high levels of mercury.

Eat up to 12 ounces (2 average meals) a week of a variety of fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury.

Five of the most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish.

Another commonly eaten fish, albacore ("white"wink tuna has more mercury than canned light tuna. So, when choosing your two meals of fish and shellfish, you may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week.

Check local advisories about the safety of fish caught by family and friends in your local lakes, rivers, and coastal areas. If no advice is available, eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) per week of fish you catch from local waters, but don't consume any other fish during that week.
Follow these same recommendations when feeding fish and shellfish to your young child, but serve smaller portions.

Frequently Asked Questions about Mercury in Fish and Shellfish:

"What is mercury and methylmercury?"
Mercury occurs naturally in the environment and can also be released into the air through industrial pollution. Mercury falls from the air and can accumulate in streams and oceans and is turned into methylmercury in the water. It is this type of mercury that can be harmful to your unborn baby and young child. Fish absorb the methylmercury as they feed in these waters and so it builds up in them. It builds up more in some types of fish and shellfish than others, depending on what the fish eat, which is why the levels vary.

"I'm a woman who could have children but I'm not pregnant - so why should I be concerned about methylmercury?"
If you regularly eat types of fish that are high in methylmercury, it can accumulate in your blood stream over time. Methylmercury is removed from the body naturally, but it may take over a year for the levels to drop significantly. Thus, it may be present in a woman even before she becomes pregnant. This is the reason why women who are trying to become pregnant should also avoid eating certain types of fish.

"Is there methylmercury in all fish and shellfish?"
Nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of methylmercury. However, larger fish that have lived longer have the highest levels of methylmercury because they've had more time to accumulate it. These large fish (swordfish, shark, king mackerel and tilefish) pose the greatest risk. Other types of fish and shellfish may be eaten in the amounts recommended by FDA and EPA.

"I don't see the fish I eat in the advisory. What should I do?"
If you want more information about the levels in the various types of fish you eat, see the FDA food safety website or the EPA website.

"What about fish sticks and fast food sandwiches?"
Fish sticks and "fast-food" sandwiches are commonly made from fish that are low in mercury.

"The advice about canned tuna is in the advisory, but what's the advice about tuna steaks?"
Because tuna steak generally contains higher levels of mercury than canned light tuna, when choosing your two meals of fish and shellfish, you may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of tuna steak per week.

"What if I eat more than the recommended amount of fish and shellfish in a week?"
One week's consumption of fish does not change the level of methylmercury in the body much at all. If you eat a lot of fish one week, you can cut back for the next week or two. Just make sure you average the recommended amount per week.

"Where do I get information about the safety of fish caught recreationally by family or friends?"
Before you go fishing, check your Fishing Regulations Booklet for information about recreationally caught fish. You can also contact your local health department for information about local advisories. You need to check local advisories because some kinds of fish and shellfish caught in your local waters may have higher or much lower than average levels of mercury. This depends on the levels of mercury in the water in which the fish are caught. Those fish with much lower levels may be eaten more frequently and in larger amounts.

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/product-specificinformation/seafood/foodbornepathogenscontaminants/methylmercury/ucm115662.htm
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by slimyem: 8:04pm On Nov 12, 2012
So much trouble all cos of b00bies...
Anyways,aint no blade touching mine for any cosmestic reason now and forever...!
Any man who wants to stray and will not stay cuz i aint getting a job done is very welcome to take the next door on his way out permanently!
A b00bie job is too extreme a compromise to make for anyone..!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 8:05pm On Nov 12, 2012
Wallie:

http://www.fda.gov/food/foodsafety/product-specificinformation/seafood/foodbornepathogenscontaminants/methylmercury/ucm115662.htm

I know this. But I don't believe Siena does. That being said, it doesn't say anywhere in that article that mercury is a carcinogen. So I'm waiting to see his evidence to that effect. And if he says he didn't mean that then I need to see his evidence that most cosmetics that women use contain mercury in toxic enough levels or higher levels than what you would get by eating fish for a week for instance.

1 Like

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 8:07pm On Nov 12, 2012
slimyem: So much trouble all cos of b00bies...
Anyways,aint no blade touching mine for any cosmestic reason now and forever...!
Any man who wants to stray and will not stay cuz i aint getting a job done is very welcome to take the next door on his way out permanently!
A b00bie job is too extreme a compromise to make for anyone..!

comot for here jor....
you this un-millennium lady........you should dump your mobile phone and carry a landphone with you all the time cos seriously.....you really don't belong to this century!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:09pm On Nov 12, 2012
When once we are done with having kids, she's going to the gym to shed weight, then get a boob job... We have already agree to this.. I will also get a six packs.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
Okija_juju: When once we are done with having kids, she's going to the gym to shed weight, then get a boob job... We have already agree to this.. I will also get a six packs.

the gods of Okija would strike you down if you get any "yeye" 6-pac......as a highly experienced okija-priest, your belly is supposed to be protruding like that of a heavily pregnant woman......you are supposed to be hiding some of those charms in your belly! grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Chylo(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
So what happens wen you guys get old? I can imagine frail 90 yr old mama with standin bosoms. Haba naw, allow nature take its course.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Jallowbalde: 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

comot for here jor....
you this un-millennium lady........you should dump your mobile phone and carry a landphone with you all the time cos seriously.....you really don't belong to this century!

Wait, what? Because she dont wish to go under the knife of surgery, she "does not belong to this century"...?
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
Chylo: So what happens wen you guys get old? I can imagine frail 90 yr old mama with standin bosoms. Haba naw, allow nature take its course.

nature has gone loco.....sarah had a child at 90!
biblical evidence showed she had bouncy perky boobs @ 90.....these days, at 23 some women have already lost ground to gravity! we are taking nature back to its original course with the boöb job! join this bandwagon or miss out! cheesy grin
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by slimyem: 8:14pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

comot for here jor....

haha!!
Not signing up on a b00bie job makes me un-millenium?
Wow!!!!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Wallie(m): 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
ileobatojo:

I know this. But I don't believe Siena does. That being said, it doesn't say anywhere in that article that mercury is a carcinogen. So I'm waiting to see his evidence to that effect. And if he says he didn't mean that then I need to see his evidence that most cosmetics that women use contain mercury in toxic enough levels or higher levels than what you would get by eating fish for a week for instance.

Inorganic mercury compounds seems to cause tumors.

Acute exposure to inorganic mercury by the oral route may result in effects such as nausea, vomiting, and severe abdominal pain. The major effect from chronic exposure to inorganic mercury is kidney damage. Animal studies have reported effects such as alterations in testicular tissue, increased resorption rates, and abnormalities of development. Mercuric chloride (an inorganic mercury compound) exposure has been shown to result in forestomach, thyroid, and renal tumors in experimental animals.

http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/mercury.html

Here's an article of mecury in beauty products

Federal health officials are warning consumers not to use skin creams, beauty and antiseptic soaps, or lotions that might contain mercury.

The products are marketed as skin lighteners and anti-aging treatments that remove age spots, freckles, blemishes and wrinkles, says Gary Coody, national health fraud coordinator in the Food and Drug Administration’s Office of Regulatory Affairs. Adolescents also may use these products as acne treatments, adds Coody. Products with this toxic metal have been found in at least seven states.

The products are manufactured abroad and sold illegally in the United States—often in shops in Latino, Asian, African or Middle Eastern neighborhoods and online. Consumers may also have bought them in another country and brought them back to the U.S. for personal use.

“If you have a product that matches these descriptions (and others listed below), stop using it immediately,” says Coody.

“Even though these products are promoted as cosmetics, they also may be unapproved new drugs under the law,” says Linda Katz, M.D., director of FDA’s Office of Cosmetics and Colors. FDA does not allow mercury in drugs or in cosmetics, except under very specific conditions, which these products do not meet.

“Sellers and distributors should not market these illegal products and may be subject to enforcement action, which could include seizure of the products and other legal sanctions,” says attorney Brad Pace, J.D., of the Heath Fraud and Consumer Outreach Branch within FDA’s Center for Drug Evaluation and Research.

Dangers of Mercury
“Exposure to mercury can have serious health consequences,” says Charles Lee, M.D., a senior medical advisor at FDA. “It can damage the kidneys and the nervous system, and interfere with the development of the brain in unborn children and very young children.”

You don’t have to use the product yourself to be affected, says FDA toxicologist Mike Bolger, Ph.D. “People—particularly children—can get mercury in their bodies from breathing in mercury vapors if a member of the household uses a skin cream containing mercury.” Infants and small children can ingest mercury if they touch their parents who have used these products, get cream on their hands and then put their hands and fingers into their mouth, which they are prone to do, adds Bolger.

How to Protect Yourself
Check the label of any skin lightening, anti-aging or other skin product you use. If you see the words “mercurous chloride,” “calomel,” “mercuric,” “mercurio,” or “mercury,” stop using the product immediately.
If there is no label or no ingredients are listed, do not use the product. Federal law requires that ingredients be listed on the label of any cosmetic or drug.
Don’t use products labeled in languages other than English unless English labeling is also provided.
If you suspect you have been using a product with mercury, stop using it immediately. Thoroughly wash your hands and any other parts of your body that have come in contact with the product. Contact your health care professional or a medical care clinic for advice.
If you have questions, call your health care professional or the Poison Center at 1-800-222-1222; it is open 24 hours a day.
Before throwing out a product that may contain mercury, seal it in a plastic bag or leak-proof container. Check with your local environmental, health or solid waste agency for disposal instructions. Some communities have special collections or other options for disposing of household hazardous waste.

Tracking Skin Products Containing Mercury
Investigations in the past few years by FDA and state health officials have turned up more than 35 products that contain unacceptable levels of mercury. FDA continues to add mercury-containing skin products to its import alerts, which authorize the agency’s field staff to refuse admission of shipments of these products.

But this is only a partial solution, says Coody. “Many of these products are coming into the country through channels we can’t easily track, such as international mail and personal baggage. That’s why it’s so important for consumers and sellers to know about the dangers of possible mercury poisoning associated with the use of these skin products.”

Texas health officials say samples of face cream they tested contained mercury up to 131,000 times the allowable level. And a teenager in southern Texas who used a mercury-containing skin cream was recently hospitalized for mercury poisoning.

In Northern California, a 39-year old woman had more than 100 times the average amount of mercury in her urine and had symptoms of mercury poisoning, according to the California Department of Public Health. For three years, the woman and her husband had been using an unlabeled mercury-containing face cream that was brought into the U.S. from Mexico by a relative. Several other family members who did not use the cream, including a four-year-old child, also had elevated levels of mercury in their bodies.

Virginia, Maryland, and New York have also seen cases of elevated mercury levels in people exposed to skin products containing mercury. In Minnesota, 11 of 27 imported skin products taken from store shelves contained mercury . Photos of some illegal mercury-containing products are shown here:

Minnesota Department of Health
Maryland Department of Health and Mental Hygiene
This article appears on FDA's Consumer Update page, which features the latest on all FDA-regulated products.

March 6, 2012

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm294849.htm
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 8:15pm On Nov 12, 2012
Jallowbalde:

Wait, what? Because she dont wish to go under the knife of surgery, she "does not belong to this century"...?

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by adorable29(f): 8:16pm On Nov 12, 2012
Dnt mind him! I bet he is one lean chested wowo short guy wit big navels! Hahaha! Abeg coogar na joke O!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Jallowbalde: 8:18pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by coogar: 8:20pm On Nov 12, 2012
adorable29: Dnt mind him! I bet he is one lean chested wowo short guy wit big navels! Hahaha! Abeg coogar na joke O!

of course - your description fits aptly.....you can add 3 tribal marks each too!
it still won't stop me for getting my wife a böob job!

slimyem: haha!!
Not signing up on a b00bie job makes me un-millenium?
Wow!!!!

slimyem, go back to the garden of eden and water the forbidden tree! that's where you really belong with your body covered with cocoa leaves!
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 8:21pm On Nov 12, 2012
coogar:

a pictorial evidence would convince us......

Lol.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 8:26pm On Nov 12, 2012
blingg: that is very wrong, i am a plastic surgeon a reduction and uplift is a longer procedure with a higher chance and more scarring due to the T shaped cut, a regular implant takes me 45 minutes and actually safer, the newer ones actually last a lifetime like the natrelle gummy bear implants, people are just very ignorant as to how these procedures are done!

My apologies, Doctor, I stand corrected.

A nice saline implant will do just fine then, much better than the prospect of flat, tobacco pouches. cool Your input is much appreciated.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by Nobody: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
Wallie:

Inorganic mercury compounds seems to cause tumors.

Mercuric chloride (an inorganic mercury compound) exposure has been shown to result in forestomach, thyroid, and renal tumors in experimental animals.

http://www.epa.gov/ttnatw01/hlthef/mercury.html

I need the evidence in humans.

Wallie:
Here's an article of mecury in beauty products

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm294849.htm

That's why my question was

ileobatojo:
then I need to see his evidence that most cosmetics that women use contain mercury in toxic enough levels or higher levels than what you would get by eating fish for a week for instance.

By the way, you may not have noticed it but your article does not mention make up at all, which is what I was talking about. It mentions creams, lotions, soaps and such.
Re: Would You Allow Your Wife To Get bosom Implants? by slimyem: 8:27pm On Nov 12, 2012
I'd so love to see myself grow old and natural...no botox-ing,no tummy tucking..no silicon filling up nothing and imma be beautiful like that!!cheesycheesy

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Why Would A Man Stay In A Marriage If He Doesn't Love His Wife Anymore? / 5 Categories Of Worst Performing Dads / Coping With A Beautiful, Loving, Helpful But A Nagging-Wife?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.